And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 
Thanks

DavPaz wrote:
I don't about your fancy 21st century pinball games, all I know is that the SNES version of Pinball Fantasies is gash

Yes I vaguely remember renting the cart at one point, when I had a SNES but didn't have an Amiga. (My entertainment choices would vary regularly based on what I'd sold recently to spend on gambling/drink/drugs.)

It was fucking shit. They made the music fairly awful too, which was always one of the best things about these games.

Didn't it scroll horizontally as well? So it made you feel sick too.

Offensive game.

The Amiga A1200 is the way to play this game with the extended AGA version loveliness.

Not even worth renting - 245/1000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:56 
Excellent Member

Didn't the PC version have a SVGA mode? I do remember playing it on my cousin's PC and marvelled on how better it looked compared to the amiga.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 
I'm a computery guy!

Hearthly wrote:
Didn't it scroll horizontally as well? So it made you feel sick too.

I didn't notice at the time, but yes it does. :spew:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:08 
Meh

Has anyone tried the new Zen Pinball 3 release on Steam.

If you have Zen Pinball 2 all your tables will be available and they have all been reworked with new lighting and various other improvements. Also several completely new tables are now available.

Although not based on real pinball tables there are some real gems in there. Particularly a few of the Star Wars tables, Some of the Marvel ones and the fantabulous Betheseda set, featuring Doom, Skyrim and Fallout based tables.

I have spent many hours on the various Android versions and can only see this expanding now I have discovered I can play them all on my PC.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:09 
Excellent Member

Nemmie wrote:
Has anyone tried the new Zen Pinball 3 release on Steam.

If you have Zen Pinball 2 all your tables will be available and they have all been reworked with new lighting and various other improvements. Also several completely new tables are now available.

Although not based on real pinball tables there are some real gems in there. Particularly a few of the Star Wars tables, Some of the Marvel ones and the fantabulous Betheseda set, featuring Doom, Skyrim and Fallout based tables.

I have spent many hours on the various Android versions and can only see this expanding now I have discovered I can play them all on my PC.

The Zen Tables work very well on Android. The other day I missed my train stop because of it.

Pinball FX3 has lots of social features and leagues which seem pretty great, but on the other hand, they've put needless grind modes and XP (because every game has to have them nowadays) that bring nothing to the game and are just annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 17:01 
Excellent Member

Some of the latest Pinball Arcade updates broke the game. Now i get a black screen if i launch the game in DX11. Does anyone ever had this problem? I had to revert back into playing in DX9 which looks really crap now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 19:57 
Thanks

RuySan wrote:
Some of the latest Pinball Arcade updates broke the game. Now i get a black screen if i launch the game in DX11. Does anyone ever had this problem? I had to revert back into playing in DX9 which looks really crap now.

It's completely broken for all tables in DX11 mode, or just some?

The last time I fired it up was a couple of months ago when they released Ghostbusters, it worked OK then.

EDIT - Just fired it up now, I'm on 1.67.4 DX11, latest table (awful fucking shitty fucking EM fucking turdblast 'Spanish Eyes') loads fine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 
Excellent Member

Hearthly wrote:
RuySan wrote:

It's completely broken for all tables in DX11 mode, or just some?

The last time I fired it up was a couple of months ago when they released Ghostbusters, it worked OK then.

EDIT - Just fired it up now, I'm on 1.67.4 DX11, latest table (awful fucking shitty fucking EM fucking turdblast 'Spanish Eyes') loads fine.

I can't even see the title screen. Black screen and then i have to hard reset.

The only way i can load in DX11 is if i choose a sub-native resolution in the launcher or if i force under 60hz (e.g. 59Hz) in the nvidia driver setting. But then I get no sound and borked camera and controls.

Have you tried Zaccaria Pinball? It's in early access but it already works better than TPA, although obviously it only has tables from a mostly obscure italian company and some new recreations inspired on the original designs. Even so, I'm enjoying it a lot.

Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27