Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 23:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 796 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 10276
DavPaz wrote:
I don't about your fancy 21st century pinball games, all I know is that the SNES version of Pinball Fantasies is gash


Yes I vaguely remember renting the cart at one point, when I had a SNES but didn't have an Amiga. (My entertainment choices would vary regularly based on what I'd sold recently to spend on gambling/drink/drugs.)

It was fucking shit. They made the music fairly awful too, which was always one of the best things about these games.

Didn't it scroll horizontally as well? So it made you feel sick too.

Offensive game.

The Amiga A1200 is the way to play this game with the extended AGA version loveliness.

Not even worth renting - 245/1000

_________________
He called us a mob, let's kill him!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:56 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3316
Didn't the PC version have a SVGA mode? I do remember playing it on my cousin's PC and marvelled on how better it looked compared to the amiga.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32604
Hearthly wrote:
Didn't it scroll horizontally as well? So it made you feel sick too.

I didn't notice at the time, but yes it does. :spew:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:08 
User avatar
Meh

Joined: 13th Apr, 2008
Posts: 1618
Has anyone tried the new Zen Pinball 3 release on Steam.

If you have Zen Pinball 2 all your tables will be available and they have all been reworked with new lighting and various other improvements. Also several completely new tables are now available.

Although not based on real pinball tables there are some real gems in there. Particularly a few of the Star Wars tables, Some of the Marvel ones and the fantabulous Betheseda set, featuring Doom, Skyrim and Fallout based tables.

I have spent many hours on the various Android versions and can only see this expanding now I have discovered I can play them all on my PC.

_________________
Turn your wounds into wisdom


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:09 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3316
Nemmie wrote:
Has anyone tried the new Zen Pinball 3 release on Steam.

If you have Zen Pinball 2 all your tables will be available and they have all been reworked with new lighting and various other improvements. Also several completely new tables are now available.

Although not based on real pinball tables there are some real gems in there. Particularly a few of the Star Wars tables, Some of the Marvel ones and the fantabulous Betheseda set, featuring Doom, Skyrim and Fallout based tables.

I have spent many hours on the various Android versions and can only see this expanding now I have discovered I can play them all on my PC.


The Zen Tables work very well on Android. The other day I missed my train stop because of it.

Pinball FX3 has lots of social features and leagues which seem pretty great, but on the other hand, they've put needless grind modes and XP (because every game has to have them nowadays) that bring nothing to the game and are just annoying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 17:01 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3316
Some of the latest Pinball Arcade updates broke the game. Now i get a black screen if i launch the game in DX11. Does anyone ever had this problem? I had to revert back into playing in DX9 which looks really crap now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 19:57 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 10276
RuySan wrote:
Some of the latest Pinball Arcade updates broke the game. Now i get a black screen if i launch the game in DX11. Does anyone ever had this problem? I had to revert back into playing in DX9 which looks really crap now.


It's completely broken for all tables in DX11 mode, or just some?

The last time I fired it up was a couple of months ago when they released Ghostbusters, it worked OK then.

EDIT - Just fired it up now, I'm on 1.67.4 DX11, latest table (awful fucking shitty fucking EM fucking turdblast 'Spanish Eyes') loads fine.

_________________
He called us a mob, let's kill him!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3316
Hearthly wrote:
RuySan wrote:
Some of the latest Pinball Arcade updates broke the game. Now i get a black screen if i launch the game in DX11. Does anyone ever had this problem? I had to revert back into playing in DX9 which looks really crap now.


It's completely broken for all tables in DX11 mode, or just some?

The last time I fired it up was a couple of months ago when they released Ghostbusters, it worked OK then.

EDIT - Just fired it up now, I'm on 1.67.4 DX11, latest table (awful fucking shitty fucking EM fucking turdblast 'Spanish Eyes') loads fine.


I can't even see the title screen. Black screen and then i have to hard reset.

The only way i can load in DX11 is if i choose a sub-native resolution in the launcher or if i force under 60hz (e.g. 59Hz) in the nvidia driver setting. But then I get no sound and borked camera and controls.

Have you tried Zaccaria Pinball? It's in early access but it already works better than TPA, although obviously it only has tables from a mostly obscure italian company and some new recreations inspired on the original designs. Even so, I'm enjoying it a lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:33 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3316
Pinball FX3 has released 2 new tables, and they are free if you claim them on Steam until 19 December. I still haven't played enough of them to make a good judgement, but they're free, so everyone should give them a go.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/75006 ... d_Legends/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:43 
User avatar
Participant in dramatic games

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3361
Location: United Provinces
and pinball fx now on the switch too... with vertical mode..

_________________
XBL: Romanista WiiU: Romanista77 Gamecenter: Romanista345 3DS 0318 8943 6467
Steam: Romanista345 PSN: Romanista345 Switch: 5098 6135 1325

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:22 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3316
romanista wrote:
and pinball fx now on the switch too... with vertical mode..


I read somewhere that the Switch version has way too long loading times. Or maybe that was Pinball Arcade or Stern Pinball?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:58 
User avatar
Participant in dramatic games

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3361
Location: United Provinces
That might be one of those.. counted it, 21 seconds from switch menu to pinball in play..

HD rumble works brilliantly with this game btw really feels you are holding something..

vertical mode looks wel, it's a bit that you have to put you left finder of the control stick

_________________
XBL: Romanista WiiU: Romanista77 Gamecenter: Romanista345 3DS 0318 8943 6467
Steam: Romanista345 PSN: Romanista345 Switch: 5098 6135 1325

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 13:01 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3316
How's the fps?

One work colleague plays the game on the ipad and it looks great (and loading times aren't that big), so i wonder how does it compares.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 13:18 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 13888
Location: Parts unknown
RuySan wrote:
Pinball FX3 has released 2 new tables, and they are free if you claim them on Steam until 19 December. I still haven't played enough of them to make a good judgement, but they're free, so everyone should give them a go.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/75006 ... d_Legends/


Looks like this is not just limited to Steam. I've seen them for free on the Xbox and the Switch too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 13:22 
User avatar
Participant in dramatic games

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3361
Location: United Provinces
ah perfect, i wondered what those exclamation marks were;)

_________________
XBL: Romanista WiiU: Romanista77 Gamecenter: Romanista345 3DS 0318 8943 6467
Steam: Romanista345 PSN: Romanista345 Switch: 5098 6135 1325

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3316
The "Son of Zeus" table might be my favourite PFX3 to date. There's so many things right with it:
-Multiple modes (this is something that PFX3 were lacking). There was a time where i was a having a 4-multiball while medusa, vulcano and some harpies were on the table.
-Absence of rubbish mini-games
-Great theme


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 796 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Findus Fop, The Greys, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.