Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Play expo manchester
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:49 
What-ho, chaps!

Did any of you folks go to Play Expo in Manchester and play on all the flashy machines?

Post subject: Re: Play expo manchester
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 14:58 
SavyGamer

Yes I did.

Even got one of the top scores on Polybius.
https://twitter.com/LewieP/status/784784706919424000

Amazing game, btw.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 17:15 
What-ho, chaps!

Aw dang we must've walked right past one another! I was the 'SKULLKID' at the top of that table. :)

I went to Polybius right off the bat since I expected there'd be huge queues for it (though the venue itself was in fact really big - the huge queue outside dissipated into wide open spaces in the building, unlike MCM which was shoulder-to-shoulder). PS4 version nifty, other version had worse goggles and worse pad, could only get 3.2m on it. Plus I kept crashing into the horngates! > : (

I was surprised how much older stuff there was at the show. Loads of old computers all set up, kind of too nervous to touch 'em in case I blew anything up. Plus I would've easily spent hours playing Atari ST Lemmings for the novelty value. Saw some guy playing Rod-Land on the A1200 which warmed my heart. Lots of arcade machines and pinball machines and very few free ones.

I sucked at the Luftrausers competition, but there was a fierce duel between me and a mysterious COLIN for a signed collector's homebrew mega drive cart.

I was expecting a couple of big release demo machines but it was only at 5pm on the Sunday that I found the actual PS4 section (it was hidden away behind cubicle walls in its own little zone with all the wrestling posters around it, and all they had was wrestling so I didn't stick around). Battle Zone had a big queue, I didn't know it was VR until somebody told me later.

Maybe Llamasoft and Rebellion had it the wrong way round. Polybius could've had no footage shown and be a complete mystery until you put on the hat, and Battle Zone could've been shown on multiple screens to the waiting fans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 18:07 
SavyGamer

I only had the one go on Polybius, could have probably done better on my next go.

I spent the day cosplaying as an adult human.

Edit: I think the demo was a little too long. Obviously I enjoyed it, but the queue was really slow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 18:21 
What-ho, chaps!

It was rather long, I expecting it to totally cream me like Space Giraffe. I was worried I was hogging the machine since I was doing so well.

Adult human was a popular one this year.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]