Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mario Kart Club of cunning gentlemen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:34 
UltraMod

Mario Kart Klub of Kunning Ladies & Gents
11/01/16 8:00 PM

There's no Wii U drop-down option for gaming, Grim... - any chance you can add this please?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 14:43 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

No.

Yes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 18:20 

So, 9 PM CET? All right for me.

Should I PM Trousers my phone number, then?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 21:08 

Hey guys, I couldn't join you since you were playing DLC stuff. I've bought the DLC now, but the download is ridiculously slow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 21:12 
Participant in dramatic games

Ok. Fiind us under friends and rivals. Dlc is great!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 21:17 

lasermink wrote:
So, 9 PM CET? All right for me.

Should I PM Trousers my phone number, then?

Yes do this

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 21:50 

Heh. In! You see me as Kim, remember.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 21:55 

We see you. Good driving!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 22:20 

Well that was fun, I hope we can do it again. Sorry it took a while for me to join, but the DLC took half an hour to download!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 22:24 

I thin this was the race we battled most 4,5 and 6

http://youtu.be/8mhjllf8tmA

Let's hope we can do it soon with 6 or more

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 22:27 
UltraMod

That was good fun once I had shaken the rust off - cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 22:50 

Solid online experience btw. Better than ps4 rocket league this afternoon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:17 
EvilTrousers

So yeah bad timing. My new headset came so we just spent most of the evening going "OOOH AND AHH" to the point where I almost forgot to ring my own daughter.

BAD TECHNOLOGY. (but also awesome)

If anyone else wants adding to the WhatsApp group just PM me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:34 

just to embed

monday in two weeks as a next date?
(25th jan)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 19:00 

Are we doing this tonight?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 0:02 
UltraMod

lasermink wrote:
Are we doing this tonight?

I'm about 70 miles from my Wii U, so not for me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:51 

ah, forgot this, and had a parent's meeting at school.. i can do it tomorrow or thursday though!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:54 

Nobody?

Next monday?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:24 

new attempt

Mario Kart Club
01/02/16 8:00 PM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 19:16 

romanista wrote:
new attempt

Mario Kart Club
01/02/16 8:00 PM

OK, let's dOoOoOo it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 21:28 

Guys? Where u at, guys? Hello?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 22:25 
Bad Girl

Hi there. Come here often?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 23:24 

Saturnalian wrote:
Hi there. Come here often?

Oh dear, I suddenly remember I left the curling iron on.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 18:06 

Amsterdam 's arcade tontonclub had a special edition xl in the westergasfabriek. With an 8 player Mariokart arcade gp2

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 22:13 

BTW. Even after you win a race you have to insert money for the next race

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:01 

since mariokart will probably be the reason i'll buy a switch in the end, here the details..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -mode-4623

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 13:47 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Switch version is getting some very positive reviews - for anyone with just Zelda this could be your next switch game - reviews and details taken from the Neogaf thread

Metacritic - 94 (40 reviews)
Opencritic - 93 (34 reviews)

GamesRadar+ - 100
Three years on: still a classic, and with its biggest weakness fixed. If you own a Switch it’s a no-brainer – especially if it’s your first time.

Digital Spy - 100
At its heart, playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a completely different experience to playing Mario Kart 8 precisely because of how, and where, you play it. The feel and fun of the thing is an intrinsic part of gaming and there's just so much fun to be had when you throw portability and local multiplayer into the fray.

Gameblog.fr- 100
The Switch version of Mario Kart is quite possibly the best in the series. Mario Kart 8 was already fantastic on the Wii U and the way the game uses the Switch's features genuinely transcends that game.

Guardian - 100
While some players will spend hours perfecting time trials and improving their standing online, that’s not really what these games are for. Mario Kart is a vehicle for fun with all your friends and family, no matter their individual skill, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best, most versatile version of that yet.

M3 - 100
Mario Kart 8 for Wii U was the best game in the series so far, and with this Deluxe edition it has gotten even better. The redesigned battle mode is a brilliant addition, with fun stages and some new mechanics. To be able to finally play Mario Kart 8 outside of your home makes it worth buying, even if you have already spent hundreds of hours with it before.

Forbes - 100
This is the best Mario Kart game ever made, expanding an already great Wii U title into a near-perfect racing game. Even so, players who have the original on Wii U may want to wait for a sale.

Metro GameCentral - 100
The definitive version of one of the greatest multiplayer games ever, with a vast array of courses, characters, and the best Battle mode since the SNES days.

USgamer - 100
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a victory lap for an amazing entry in the series. The only place Mario Kart 8 faltered was in its Battle Mode and Nintendo has rectified that here with a full-fledged version. 48 courses, 42 characters, 8 battle arenas, 5 battle modes, extensive multiplayer action, and the ability to take console Mario Kart with you wherever you go. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is absolutely worth the asking price.

God is a Geek - 100
Deluxe may be the wrong word for it, but this is the definitive Mario Kart 8 experience, which ultimately makes it one of the best kart-racers ever made.

Trusted Reviews - 100
After Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the next Nintendo Switch must-buy. It’s the best the series has ever been, offering one definitive package. With the glorious return of Battle Mode, improved visuals and more content than ever before coupled with more ways to play it than ever thanks to the Nintendo Switch, I don’t think fans could ask for much more.

Nintendo Life - 100
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe delivers a huge amount of racing goodness right out of the box, and it's a polished version of a Wii U entry that was a proper Battle Mode away from being top of class.

TheSixthAxis - 100
Mario Kart 8 was already a simply sublime kart racer on Wii U, but Nintendo have managed to make it just that little bit better. From the new and improved Battle Mode to tweaks that add more depth for veterans and more accessibility for novices, a great deal of thought and effort went into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, beyond simply porting it to Switch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe continues to be the best in the business, and now you can play it on the train.

IBTimes UK- 100
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe takes the best game in the series and improves it. It looks better, plays better, the soundtrack remains an utter joy and the inclusion of a fully-featured and fiendishly fun Battle Mode is the cherry on top. This is the best Mario Kart game ever, and it's hard to see exactly how Nintendo will ever be able to improve upon it.

Cheat Code Central - 100
Rev your engines and get hyped for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the best Mario Kart you will ever play.

Meristation - 95
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best possible entry of the most valuable game in the series. The game is solid in each of every aspect, making it one of the most perfect experience we've ever had in an arcade driving game. Portable mode looks awesome as the game is almost perfect.

Destructoid - 95
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is straight-up a better version of the game without compromise. It looks better, there's more to do, it's portable, and it might even outsell the Wii U version to ensure a healthier long term community.

3DJuegos - 95
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a must for Nintendo Switch owners. It's a superb boost of content, becoming the most complete game in the series.

Vandal - 94
This is the best and most complete Mario Kart to date, and it works beautifully on Switch. The additions are welcomed, and if you missed it on Wii U, you shouldn't make the same mistake on Switch.

Game Informer - 93
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is primarily a re-release of an acclaimed game from three years ago, but by adding new content and addressing the biggest complaint of the original, this version is unquestionably the best way to experience Nintendo's great racer. Battle mode is back to its original glory, and when combined with the rest of the robust Mario Kart 8 package, it creates a great addition to the fledgling Switch library.

IGN - 93
An amazing game for all the same reasons I mentioned in our original review. It’s still a gorgeous kart racer and every bit as addictive as it was in 2014. This is the best entry in the series so far, and it has all the content you’ll need. Returning players have seen a lot of this game before, but the overhauled Battle mode and its five additional ways to play are a great reason to pick it up. Nintendo didn’t do enough to make the online experience better, but the rest of this game holds up well.

GamePro Germany - 92

GameSpot - 90
This is the varied, exciting Battle Mode that Mario Kart 8 should have had all along.

Digitally Downloaded - 90
It might be a flawed experience, but that’s almost irrelevant when you consider just how much of it there really is on offer. This is how you do an “HD remaster.

GamesBeat - 90
This is how you spiff up an older game. What could have been a cynical attempt to double-dip into Nintendo fans’ wallets actually turns out to be the Mario Kart series’ definitive entry. The racing looks and feels just as great as it did on the Wii U, but the addition of battle modes finally makes it feel like a complete package...Add in the new characters and the Wii U DLC content, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a fantastic addition to the Switch’s early library.

Hobby Consolas - 90
It seems that Nintendo Switch was made for a game like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Racing is fun and multiplayer (8 local/12 online) is unbeatable. Nevertheless, the only improvements from the Wii U game are six new characters, new items and some battle modes, and that is not enough.

Game Rant - 90
This isn’t just the definitive version of Mario Kart 8, it’s the the measuring stick that all future franchise installments will be compared to.

App Trigger - 90
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe serves as the definitive version of this racing game. New characters, new items, classic battle mode reintroduction and all the game’s courses (basic and DLC) are packaged into a game that you can play with friends at home or on the road, online and off.

IGN Spain - 90
An excellent game that's still as good as it was 3 years ago... And now with every DLC and some subtle changes to its gameplay. If you haven't played Mario Kart 8 before, this Deluxe version is a must-buy.

Shacknews - 90
This is a fantastic addition to the Switch library, not just as a great game but as one that benefits from the system's core features. It adds the requisite new content and fixes the one large oversight of the original. Mario Kart 8 was already one of the best in the series. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is even better.

JeuxActu - 90
With richer content, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a very good version of the game that will seduce the gamers into buying it for their Switch. We especially liked the new battle mode, and playing it on the go is just bliss.

Stevivor - 90
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is solid and enjoyable title, with small tweaks that mean it easily surpasses the Wii U's original release.

We Got This Covered - 90
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's improved Battle Mode is bound to bring out some people's inner child in the best way. As for the rest of the racing action, the tight and polished multiplayer is as good as it's ever been — and the ability to take it on-the-go is like a dream come true.

Attack of the Fanboy - 90
Looking and performing better than it ever has, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch is the best Mario Kart experience to date.

CGMagazine - 90
Mario Kart 8 remains one of the highlights of the franchise and while it would have been nice for The Switch to get a new title rather than a Deluxe repackage, this thing plays like a dream and is overflowing with content.

COGconnected - 89
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is one of the greatest multiplayer experiences Nintendo has produced in a long time. With enhanced graphics, all previous DLC included as well as bonus characters, and the return of the Battle mode, this is a party game for any occasion.

Wccftech - 88
Ultimately, this might just be the best version of the very best Kart racer there is. If you're a Mario Kart 8 veteran then I'm not sure how much here will draw you in, but new players and multiplayer fanatics will find dozens of hours of fun.

Post Arcade (National Post) - 85
Mario Kart 8 was a great game, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the definitive edition of that experience. But I’m not sure it’s worth an extra 80 bucks for anyone who already owns the original.

NintendoWorldReport - 85
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe makes for a great representation of the multiplayer potential of the Switch, but it still doesn’t add too much content to be a simple, slam-dunk purchase for owners of the Wii U version. The content it adds is strong, especially the revamped Battle Mode, though. And even aside from the new, the old stuff is abundant.

DualShockers - 80
At the end of the day, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a Mario Kart game and (predictably) fantastic. With a fully upgraded Battle Mode and all the portability that comes with Nintendo Switch, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is undoubtedly the definitive version of the game -- maybe even the series. However, with limited offerings for Mario Kart veterans who shelled out nearly $100 on the last experience, the title will be significantly less rewarding.

Game Revolution - 80
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the definitive edition of a franchise-defining kart racer, no longer constrained by Wii U’s teensy install base and poised to dish out hours of enjoyment from its new hybrid home. Not everyone will be tempted, but if you missed the original Mario Kart 8, it’s an absolute must-buy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 14:06 
Bad Girl

Some people just really lose their shit over Mario don't they? I've heard the online is still gash which, surely, is where the longevity of it will be for most westerners that don't game on the go with their fwends.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 14:08 
UltraMod

In what way was the online gash? It was never difficult to find other players to race against.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 14:21 
Bad Girl

Things I read.

Quote:
There's one area that Mario Kart could improve a ton, online. IGN went over this briefly and they're right. MK8 online is bare bones.
You can't invite friends to join you in matches. The only way to play with friends is in custom matches with bots. You can't chat with friends (not even asking to chat with everyone, just friends). Thankfully it does seem like these two things should be fixed in the fall, but until Nintendo implements it we won't know how well that goes. At launch it's just as bad as the Wii U version.
Both those things will probably be fixed, but there are more issues. What are the available modes? Looks like they're the same as before, but now with battle mode. That means you have basically standard race, battle mode, and tournament. What's wrong with that you may ask? Well, which CC do you prefer in Mario Kart? I hope it's 100 CC because that will be what you get in standard play (which is what I want to play 95% of the time). That's shit. MK8 has 50, 100, 150, and even 200 CC. For me I'd prefer to play at 150 most of the time with some 200 CC thrown in, but it's likely to be 100 most of the time.
I do say most of the time because there's a method to getting 150 CC online. Basically every player has a VR value in MK8. You start at 1,000 and gain points as you win or place high. You can also lose points if you're in like the bottom two or three. To get a 150 CC match the average of the entire online lobby needs to be 3,000 or more. This is incredibly frustrating and stupid for many reasons.
First of all getting to 3,000 takes a fair amount of time. If you get first place in every single one of your matches (+23 points) it will take you 87 races. It will likely take far longer (for instance 5th place gets +5 points I believe). Most players will never reach 3,000. The thing is you do not need anywhere near that much game experience to play 150 CC. Especially because you likely also have a wealth of offline experience.
Even if you do get to 3,000 any new player around 1,000 really drags the room down. You need to be around 5,000 to counteract a single newer player. It's nuts!
Mario Kart 8 also has this actually great online feature where you can bring a local co-op buddy online with you. The problem? Even if it's the same buddy and they select the same profile every time they will always start at 1,000 at the beginning of a session. Playing with a friend automatically brings the room average down a bunch.
So what's the solution? How about friggin options!?! Give the option to select at least 100 or 150 CC in standard racing. 200 would also be awesome. Or if you don't want to split people up, don't make 150CC requirements so incredibly high. It would still be a shit system, but it would be less shit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 16:09 

Tthis thread noe has survided 3 generations of mk...

Never reached 3000 myself.. Just too much work...

Still this talk about the switch version did gave me some mire appitite for the wiiu version again. Any players for sometime next week?

Oh and target stores get a makeover

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 15:15 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I've bought Mario Kart 8 - Deluxe edition on the Switch and it's glorious!

Giphy "glorius":
http://media.giphy.com/media/jTeJgaOtUjSdW/giphy-loop.mp4

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 16:13 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

TheVision wrote:

Remember to turn off the 'auto steer' , which stops you from taking short cuts - not obvious but start a match , pause and then untick the box

You can also do it on the 'select a kart' screen

http://nintendotoday.com/disable-mk8-smart-steering/

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 16:22 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

zaphod79 wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Remember to turn off the 'auto steer' , which stops you from taking short cuts - not obvious but start a match , pause and then untick the box

You can also do it on the 'select a kart' screen

http://nintendotoday.com/disable-mk8-smart-steering/

Yep, I've already done this. It's strange that there's no options menu but it's not difficult to find once you start playing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:13 

Mario kart's unfairness calculated.. Using sports statistics to explain Mario Kart’s unfairness.. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -kart-meet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:22 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

romanista wrote:
Mario kart's unfairness calculated.. Using sports statistics to explain Mario Kart’s unfairness.. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -kart-meet

I read all of that and I'm still non the wiser.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 13:22 

yeha it was a bit wobbly.. in other news, there was a wii mission mode... http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... been-found

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:43 

Man, the online game is filled with noobs these weeks, so if you want to boost your ranking...

Have we enough switchers now here to do a little game these weeks?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:21 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I'd be in if there's enough people.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:42 

Mario kart in the high speed train to Germany!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 13:23 

Mario kart on google maps http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018- ... -mario-day

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 15:06 

mario motors...
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... knew-about

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 17:33 

some pretty serious speedrunning on mk64 https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... athertenko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 17:36 

The best combination of car/character/tyres https://medium.com/civis-analytics/the- ... fb65d4c18e

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:07 

Bought Mario Kart Live Circuit since it is now discounted.. it is amazing thing of pure joy this long pentecost weekend with rain..

Seeing your cat live on the screen in a mario kart, your own house, the car circling around you, and actually some very tough racing if you want... you make the circuit after all, .. the gates changing everuthing..

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:55 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Good choice. It's great isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 12:05 

Yes it is great.. might not be playing this anymore in a few months, but the pure joy is great..

And it has a bit more depth than people. might think.. unlockables, 50cc is actually quite challenging if the track is challenging, etc..

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 12:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Where did you get it from?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 18:00 

Amazon germany

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:01 

My brother is a teacher and somebody made him this cake yesterday (he bought two Switches to hold Mariokart tournaments with teachers and students).

Reply to topic  [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next