Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:30 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29156
Quote:
A MAN who has been waiting for his Argos purchase for more than 15 minutes is being detained in violation of his human rights, the UN has ruled.

Tom Logan was given his ticket for a Nespresso coffee machine at 9.46am, but is still confined within the store at 10.02am with no end to his ordeal in sight.

He said: “This is like what happened to Aung San Suu Kyi in Myamar.

“Outside, just feet away, people are walking around freely. Even in here they’re getting their ticket and leaving with their goods while I stay trapped, and two of them were behind me in the queue.

“They say I’m free to leave whenever I like, but that’s a £69.95 machine I’d be leaving behind so I’ve been left with no choice whatsoever.

“I’ve texted Amnesty International, but I keep losing signal.”

A UN spokesman said: “He can’t even compensate himself by stealing the little pens anymore, because they’ve replaced them all with iPads.”
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/man-is-being-arbitrarily-detained-at-argos-un-rules-20160205105926


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:34 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 29198
Formally contesting it could legitimately just involve Theresa May sending a photocopy of her arse to the working group.

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:39 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 41407
Location: West Yorkshire
MrChris wrote:
Formally contesting it could legitimately just involve Theresa May sending a photocopy of her arse to the working group.


This is the sort of high level whatnots we need to deal with bollocks like this.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:41 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44818
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Breaking news on the telly just said the UK will formally contest this, as opposed to just ignoring it, which sounds interesting.


It is interesting, considering that it has no legal weight whatsoever and is basically just an opinion scrawled on headed notepaper.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 13:17 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 29198
Predictably, lots of entertainingly bonkers conspiracy theory nutjob Assange supporters in the comments section:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -detention

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 13:19 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44818
From twitter

Quote:
Assange is only being arbitrarily detained if you assign an arbitrary definition to the word arbitrary. And detained

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:08 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 41407
Location: West Yorkshire
Manning is to be released in May, as Obama commutes the sentence. Assange could be in a pickle, now ( he said he would go to US if Manni g freed), as one might assume the Trump administration to be less accomodating than the current one.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:15 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 13777
Why? I thought Assange/wikileaks helped Donny out with the election thing?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 25583
Location: Kidbrooke
MaliA wrote:
Manning is to be released in May, as Obama commutes the sentence. Assange could be in a pickle, now ( he said he would go to US if Manni g freed), as one might assume the Trump administration to be less accomodating than the current one.


I think you have that about face.

Why would Trump be against the guy who helped Russia 'hack' the election in his favour? Trump likes Assange, as long as he behaves himself and only releases info on the likes of Clinton.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:19 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 41407
Location: West Yorkshire
Curiosity wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Manning is to be released in May, as Obama commutes the sentence. Assange could be in a pickle, now ( he said he would go to US if Manni g freed), as one might assume the Trump administration to be less accomodating than the current one.


I think you have that about face.

Why would Trump be against the guy who helped Russia 'hack' the election in his favour? Trump likes Assange, as long as he behaves himself and only releases info on the likes of Clinton.


Because he's been very naughty and did stuff to make America less great and there's some shouting enough about Manning as it is. It'd be good to bring to heel tbe man who threatened great numbers of great American lives by having things published that made America less great. It'd be a strong showing for him to do this.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:21 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47894
Location: Nottingham
Nah, Trump and Assange are buds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:29 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 25583
Location: Kidbrooke
Lonewolves wrote:
Nah, Trump and Assange are buds.


Sexual assault buddies!

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:45 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44818
Also there is no US arrest warrant out for Assange. If he went to the US, he'd be safe from the Swedes.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:56 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 11230
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
I would assume that Assange doesn't hold any particular allegiance to Trump though and would gladly leak stuff out about him if he thought it was in the public interest, no?

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:06 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47894
Location: Nottingham
GazChap wrote:
I would assume that Assange doesn't hold any particular allegiance to Trump though and would gladly leak stuff out about him if he thought it was in the public interest, no?

You would assume incorrectly. Wikileaks has become a Russia/Trump mouthpiece in recent times.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:28 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 25583
Location: Kidbrooke
GazChap wrote:
I would assume that Assange doesn't hold any particular allegiance to Trump though and would gladly leak stuff out about him if he thought it was in the public interest, no?


Hhahahjahahahahahahahaahhaaha

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 13:05 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44818
GazChap wrote:
I would assume that Assange doesn't hold any particular allegiance to Trump though and would gladly leak stuff out about him if he thought it was in the public interest, no?


People often conflate Wikileaks of 2010 with Wikileaks of 2017 and with Assange. Wikileaks used to consist of a lot of different people, who were mostly responsible for the work it did on leaking and curating data on corruption, human rights violations, and illegal polluters.
None of those people are still with Wikileaks. The Wikileaks of today consists of Assange and a few stooges running propaganda, and it's completely bought and paid for.
Assange was never a friend of the public interest.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 13:08 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 29198
Cras wrote:
Assange was never a friend of the public interest.
Not strictly true - he has always been a very big friend of the public being interested in him.

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 13:12 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 11230
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
Fair enough, I'd not been following it that closely (clearly) - yah boo sucks and all that.

So, Assange may well end up becoming a "Fake News Cannon" ?

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 13:32 
User avatar
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Joined: 18th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11355
Alternatively, if Trump wanted to distance himself from the allegations, he could go for Assange, or at least not actively move to stop another agency.

_________________
No, it was a giant robot castle!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 17:05 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 41407
Location: West Yorkshire
Ah, it seems commuting the sentence wasn't enough, so Assange will stay put.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 17:16 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47894
Location: Nottingham
MaliA wrote:
Assange will stay put.

I am shocked.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 19:56 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15254
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Almost as if he was a little rapey and does't want to be punished for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 20:03 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44818
Yes. Worth repeating - the US have not requested that Assange be extradited. The US have not issued an arrest warrant for Assange. Sweden do have an active arrest warrant for him.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 20:27 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15254
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Indeed. His objection to going to sweden was simply that they might extradite him to America. That objection is no longer valid, it seems.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:10 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 41407
Location: West Yorkshire
MaliA wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Manning is to be released in May, as Obama commutes the sentence. Assange could be in a pickle, now ( he said he would go to US if Manni g freed), as one might assume the Trump administration to be less accomodating than the current one.


I think you have that about face.

Why would Trump be against the guy who helped Russia 'hack' the election in his favour? Trump likes Assange, as long as he behaves himself and only releases info on the likes of Clinton.


Because he's been very naughty and did stuff to make America less great and there's some shouting enough about Manning as it is. It'd be good to bring to heel tbe man who threatened great numbers of great American lives by having things published that made America less great. It'd be a strong showing for him to do this.


https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... f-sessions

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47894
Location: Nottingham
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Manning is to be released in May, as Obama commutes the sentence. Assange could be in a pickle, now ( he said he would go to US if Manni g freed), as one might assume the Trump administration to be less accomodating than the current one.


I think you have that about face.

Why would Trump be against the guy who helped Russia 'hack' the election in his favour? Trump likes Assange, as long as he behaves himself and only releases info on the likes of Clinton.


Because he's been very naughty and did stuff to make America less great and there's some shouting enough about Manning as it is. It'd be good to bring to heel tbe man who threatened great numbers of great American lives by having things published that made America less great. It'd be a strong showing for him to do this.


https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... f-sessions

https://twitter.com/woodophoto/status/8 ... 3389237251


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:54 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 29198
MaliA wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/apr/21/arresting-julian-assange-is-a-priority-says-us-attorney-general-jeff-sessions

Mega LOL. About bloody time. The poor Ecuadorians must be desperate to get the squatter out.

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:59 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44818
MrChris wrote:
MaliA wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/apr/21/arresting-julian-assange-is-a-priority-says-us-attorney-general-jeff-sessions

Mega LOL. About bloody time. The poor Ecuadorians must be desperate to get the squatter out.


Well, I mean, they can just show him the front door.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big wikileaks, er, leak!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11703
Location: Oxford
Is it ok to add this to the 'credit' column of Mr Trump's presidency if he gets Assange out?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pod People, The Greys, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.