Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 13:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 9112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300 ... 304  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 17:10 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42919
Location: The erogenous zone
That looks awful.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 17:32 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 1612
I've been seeing a fair amount of pizza abuse online lately. Something needs to be done.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/f ... a-13597873


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 20:39 
Excellent Member

Joined: 5th Dec, 2010
Posts: 3141
Findus Fop wrote:
I've been seeing a fair amount of pizza abuse online lately. Something needs to be done.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/f ... a-13597873


First glance at that I thought another US over the top junk food invention.

But no, its UK made!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:01 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42919
Location: The erogenous zone
We just need to make the rest of the world want this and Brexit will be a complete success!

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 13:08 
User avatar
:3

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 1741
Location: Broseley
I have been tempted by the mac & cheese pizza a couple of times (we spend far too much time in pizza hut) but it only comes in the sharing size and there's no way I can eat that thing to myself.

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 13:26 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62813
Location: Your Mum
Jem wrote:
I have been tempted by the mac & cheese pizza a couple of times (we spend far too much time in pizza hut) but it only comes in the sharing size and there's no way I can eat that thing to myself.

Not with that attitude you can't.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 13:27 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 1612
Must confess, I'm kind of tempted by this, even though I can only imagine the base being a soggy splodge of a mess.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/is-this-manchesters-weirdest-pizza-10844938


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 14:40 
User avatar
:3

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 1741
Location: Broseley
Grim... wrote:
Jem wrote:
I have been tempted by the mac & cheese pizza a couple of times (we spend far too much time in pizza hut) but it only comes in the sharing size and there's no way I can eat that thing to myself.

Not with that attitude you can't.


I can't even eat the individual size any more :'(

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 14:41 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42919
Location: The erogenous zone
Findus Fop wrote:
Must confess, I'm kind of tempted by this, even though I can only imagine the base being a soggy splodge of a mess.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/is-this-manchesters-weirdest-pizza-10844938

Nah, ruining two things there.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 17:00 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9950
Location: Sunny Stoke
Haven't had to take an exam in years, but just done a Microsoft one for Dynamics 365. I think the nerve wracking part was actually the proctored bit. This is where you take the test from home and someone watches you through the webcam, monitors your screen and listens through your mic. The rules are quite strict too -

- clear walls, ceiling or floor, so whiteboards, posters etc. I ended up taking the exam in my bedroom as it's the room with the least clutter. I still had to move all the Mario and skull stuff out though just in case it was questioned. This is all checked with a pan around the room via the webcam
- no breaks, no food and drink
- they take a photo of you and your ID via the webcam
- the door must be shut and if anyone else comes in the room, it's an automatic fail
- no reading the questions aloud
- they check your wrists for anything written on them and in my case, I had to hold my glasses up to the webcam and show both sides of them.
etc

Anyway, the fact I'm posting this in this thread rather gives away the fact that I passed.. woohoo :)

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 17:07 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62813
Location: Your Mum
Good work!

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 17:15 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 3134
Interesting. I know that home exams are an option now, but I've always found it easier to go to a test centre and leave all my stuff in the car. Congrats on the pass.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 17:19 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9950
Location: Sunny Stoke
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Interesting. I know that home exams are an option now, but I've always found it easier to go to a test centre and leave all my stuff in the car. Congrats on the pass.


Thanks :) (and to Grim... too). As I was waiting for the test to start, I was thinking maybe I should have gone to a test centre (the nearest one is about 40 minutes drive from here, but I'd have to get the train) but I'm glad I did it and know that my bedroom is viable for taking exams in, as there might be another one in due course.

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 18:01 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 13885
Location: Parts unknown
You can't read the questions out loud? I'd struggle to get used to that especially if I was in my own room but nevertheless, good work!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 18:48 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9950
Location: Sunny Stoke
TheVision wrote:
You can't read the questions out loud? I'd struggle to get used to that especially if I was in my own room but nevertheless, good work!


I noticed I was mouthing some of the questions silently to myself and figured I'd better pack that in.

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 17:22 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9950
Location: Sunny Stoke
It's my parents' golden wedding anniversary today. I think earlier in the year, with my dad's health problems, they might have started to doubt they'd actually get to today, but Dad's mostly back to his old self and they're at their caravan for the weekend
Attachment:
parents.PNG

:)


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 18:50 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 13885
Location: Parts unknown
Congratulations to them! What a great feeling to be married for that long.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 19:35 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32582
Congrats, DevilFolks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 22:49 
Best
User avatar
Board Mother

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 9439
Location: Mount Olympus
devilman wrote:
It's my parents' golden wedding anniversary today. I think earlier in the year, with my dad's health problems, they might have started to doubt they'd actually get to today, but Dad's mostly back to his old self and they're at their caravan for the weekend
Attachment:
parents.PNG

:)

Aww, that's absolutely lovely. What a lovely photo of them both too!

_________________
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GJ is right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 14:40 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9950
Location: Sunny Stoke
devilman wrote:
Haven't had to take an exam in years, but just done a Microsoft one for Dynamics 365. I think the nerve wracking part was actually the proctored bit. This is where you take the test from home and someone watches you through the webcam, monitors your screen and listens through your mic. The rules are quite strict too -

- clear walls, ceiling or floor, so whiteboards, posters etc. I ended up taking the exam in my bedroom as it's the room with the least clutter. I still had to move all the Mario and skull stuff out though just in case it was questioned. This is all checked with a pan around the room via the webcam
- no breaks, no food and drink
- they take a photo of you and your ID via the webcam
- the door must be shut and if anyone else comes in the room, it's an automatic fail
- no reading the questions aloud
- they check your wrists for anything written on them and in my case, I had to hold my glasses up to the webcam and show both sides of them.
etc

Anyway, the fact I'm posting this in this thread rather gives away the fact that I passed.. woohoo :)


I read today that there are rumblings that Microsoft are changing the licensing model for Dynamics, so some of the stuff I learnt to pass the exam, could already become irrelevant just a few days after :D

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:01 
User avatar
EvilTrousers

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3006
I feel this deserves to be in the Yay thread now - the offspring is out of hospital.

Back in bed at her Mum's last night and on oral biotics now - she has to go back for a check up in 10 days to make sure the rest of the infection has gone.

I'll only be fully happy once she gets the all clear but for now I am mostly very full of Yay.

_________________
Everyone but Zardoz is better than me at videogames.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:55 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42919
Location: The erogenous zone
That's great news. Hope she gets the all clear soon.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:57 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12545
Location: Oxford
Very happy to hear that!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26129
Location: Kidbrooke
Huzzah!

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:09 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 13885
Location: Parts unknown
The power of the Switch!

Seriously though, great news! Glad to hear she's on the mend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:09 
Excellent Member

Joined: 5th Dec, 2010
Posts: 3141
Great news, assume she is off school for at least 10 more days then?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:00 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42764
Location: West Yorkshire
Great news!

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 
User avatar
EvilTrousers

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3006
asfish wrote:
Great news, assume she is off school for at least 10 more days then?


Yep - doesn't go back until a week on Monday. And she's got a brand new Nintendo Switch to play with during that week.

Wish I'd had my appendix burst now.

_________________
Everyone but Zardoz is better than me at videogames.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:12 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42919
Location: The erogenous zone
Greedy boy.

You had your vasectomy 'Switch'.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Yay!' thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:40 
User avatar
EvilTrousers

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3006
Zardoz wrote:
Greedy boy.

You had your vasectomy 'Switch'.


That cost me £2.5k. I could have spent that on PSVR, a 4KTV and a Switch.

_________________
Everyone but Zardoz is better than me at videogames.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 9112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300 ... 304  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baron von Richthofen, Columbo, Kern, Pod People, The Greys, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.