Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:30 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 27th Sep, 2009
Posts: 813
Having never played Portal before I'm guessing that there are a few others in the same boat, so grab it for free while you can via Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:52 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 7500
Location: Cardiff
The video advertising the promotion is completely awesome. Check the usual sources.

_________________
"Peter you've lost the NEWS!"

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 19:36 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42933
Location: The erogenous zone
Bloody he'll, that took forever to download. Yay for Steam & free Portal though on my Mac!

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 19:54 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 13889
Location: Parts unknown
I downloaded it and now.. My PC wants to download it every time I turn my PC on. Hmmmm..... Hope that doesn't last.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 21:31 
User avatar
Muff Cabbage !

Joined: 12th Dec, 2008
Posts: 10378
Location: On Mars as an anthropologist...
Cheers !

What a weird game. My mate used to love this but I could never get into it. I shall try again :)

_________________
Together we can go,to where there ain't no more pain,
Together we could fly,To where there's time for you and I.
Together we could walk to the river, stand with the families
Move to the sound of the band of Atlantis,
One lovely day,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 14:33 
User avatar
SavyGamer

Joined: 29th Apr, 2008
Posts: 7105
You've got until tomorrow (Valve time) folks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 15:43 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 13889
Location: Parts unknown
Perhaps after tomorrow we could turn this thread into a "What's good on Steam" thread.

I see a lot of full price games on there, but there's also a few cheapies. I wouldn't mind buying some stuff to play on my PC as long as it follows on the criteria of:-

a) Cheap
b) Good


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 16:24 
User avatar
Worst

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 6106
TheVision wrote:
Perhaps after tomorrow we could turn this thread into a "What's good on Steam" thread.

I see a lot of full price games on there, but there's also a few cheapies. I wouldn't mind buying some stuff to play on my PC as long as it follows on the criteria of:-

a) Cheap
b) Good

Ditto and seconded.

I actually did some PC gaming just now!

_________________
>Image<


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 17:01 
User avatar
Muff Cabbage !

Joined: 12th Dec, 2008
Posts: 10378
Location: On Mars as an anthropologist...
throughsilver wrote:

I actually did some PC gaming just now!


Quick you must wash yourself in holy water and get behind me satan.

_________________
Together we can go,to where there ain't no more pain,
Together we could fly,To where there's time for you and I.
Together we could walk to the river, stand with the families
Move to the sound of the band of Atlantis,
One lovely day,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 14:13 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 8792
Location: Devon

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:14 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62844
Location: Your Mum
Giphy "take my money":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/mHcEcam5FtKQE/giphy-loop.mp4

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:16 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29961
At what point does this stuff become trolling? Asking for this envelope full of glitter I'm about to post to Valve.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:16 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32608
I don't see the problem with reusing their IP. The dirty fucking teases.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:20 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62844
Location: Your Mum
What are you on about you nutters that's eleventy kabillion hours of timesink right there.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:23 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29961
I'm sure it's a fine thing but what it fucking isn't is Half-Life 3, Portal 3, or L4D3.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:29 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62844
Location: Your Mum
I couldn't really give a toss about HL3. I'd take the other two, though.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:40 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 1620
Grim... wrote:
I couldn't really give a toss about HL3. I'd take the other two, though.


One day, I really should get around to playing beyond the first 30 minutes of HL2.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:42 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 1620
Findus Fop wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I couldn't really give a toss about HL3. I'd take the other two, though.


One day, I really should get around to playing beyond the first 30 minutes of HL2.


But then I think that any ideas that were new or interesting in it have probably been used and abused so many times now that I'll just be left with a slightly creaky shooter ( :hat: )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:42 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 1620
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I couldn't really give a toss about HL3. I'd take the other two, though.


One day, I really should get around to playing beyond the first 30 minutes of HL2.


But then I think that any ideas that were new or interesting in it have probably been used and abused so many times now that I'll just be left with a slightly creaky shooter ( :hat: )


That's very interesting, Findus. Now get back in your fucking box.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:42 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 1620
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I couldn't really give a toss about HL3. I'd take the other two, though.


One day, I really should get around to playing beyond the first 30 minutes of HL2.


But then I think that any ideas that were new or interesting in it have probably been used and abused so many times now that I'll just be left with a slightly creaky shooter ( :hat: )


That's very interesting, Findus. Now get back in your fucking box.


Fuck you man, you're not the boss of me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:43 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 1620
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I couldn't really give a toss about HL3. I'd take the other two, though.


One day, I really should get around to playing beyond the first 30 minutes of HL2.


But then I think that any ideas that were new or interesting in it have probably been used and abused so many times now that I'll just be left with a slightly creaky shooter ( :hat: )


That's very interesting, Findus. Now get back in your fucking box.


Fuck you man, you're not the boss of me.


Play HL2 of STFU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Portal - free until 24th May
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 17:49 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62844
Location: Your Mum
It's just a bit dull.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.