Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Supersonic 2008 - Birmingham - possible meet
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 13:30 

Crap! That will teach me to be away from a computer ever since I posted my last message, cos now I've missed the opportunity of meeting you guys :'(

Glad you are having a good time though, I had a great time on Saturday :) Harvey Milk were every bit as amazing as I hoped, I can't wait to see them again here in Mancs on Tuesday. I also really enjoyed Oxbow and REALLY enjoyed Oren Ambarchi! Guapo were ace, Thrones was ace, The Heads were ace, and I thought Wooden Shjips were actually pretty good too. I also saw a trillion people I know kicking around and so had a reet good social one as well. Reminded me of daft/boozy weekenders from yester-year at the 1in12 Club in Bradford, which were always about the rock and the party. Good times!

Enjoy Sunday, guys! :metul:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 14:32 
Skillmeister

Each year the Supersonic Festival is organised by Vic Reeves in his Noddy Holder costume. The reason why so many cool obscure bands agree to play there, is due to the underground respect Vic cultivated when he appeared in that Shakin Stevens video. Trufax.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:03 
lazy eye patch

I may have recorded Earth's set - stay tuned!

Also, some other stuff, yus. Today was another good day there.

Gravetemple were fucking excellent, though inexplicably minus Julian Cope. Entirely superb. Sitting on the floor six feet away from speakers, mere seconds before the drums kicked in for what seemed like a twenty minute some-stairs-falling-down-some-stairs barrage = EPIC WIEEEEEAAAAAAARGH.

Pupil, we each thought upon getting there yesterday, 'Shit, we never arranged meeting up with Pupil!', sorry sir! Glad you enjoyed it; yeah, Ambarchi fellow was a bit good. Although, I was distracted the whole time because that 'weird alien girl' video in the background was taken from a Sonic Youth video, and this for some reason preoccupied my thoughts thereafter. Tch, eh?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 17:46 
Future War Cultist

Location: Nottingham. Again. No, wait, I'm back in Manchester.
Keiji Haino is awesome.

I was disappointed at the lack of Julian Cope, but Atilla Csihar was incredible.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 13:24 

CUS wrote:
Pupil, we each thought upon getting there yesterday, 'Shit, we never arranged meeting up with Pupil!', sorry sir! Glad you enjoyed it; yeah, Ambarchi fellow was a bit good. Although, I was distracted the whole time because that 'weird alien girl' video in the background was taken from a Sonic Youth video, and this for some reason preoccupied my thoughts thereafter. Tch, eh?

Tis ok, my bad organisation to blame really. Hectic couple of weeks, moving over to Manchester means my brains have got a bit mushed. Glad you enjoyed Sunday too. Yeah, I noticed the Sonic Youth visuals in that set too, and it had me mesmerised. I went to see Harvey Milk & Oxbow again in Manchester last night, and they were both, again, utterly fantastic!

Since I messed up this possible meet, any chance of a Midlands meet with you guys at some point instead?

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3