PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 13:19 
sneering elitist

This just reminds me of the talk of a cottage hot tub tbh

Post subject: Re: Dreams and nightmares
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 17:06 
Isn't that lovely?

Kern wrote:
:DD

Were the hot tubs going up and down, or just spinning like a teacup ride?

They were spinning round (like a kiddie teacup ride rather than Waltzers) and going up and down, but the piston was off to one side, so the hot tub would tilt slightly and water would splash a fair bit (I have no idea how the plumbing was working)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 17:06 
Isn't that lovely?

Jem wrote:
This just reminds me of the talk of a cottage hot tub tbh

Well, you were in charge of organising them in my dream...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 19:31 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Malc wrote:
Jem was busy over seeing the celebs in the hot tubs

'Overseeing'. She just wants to see these smoking jackets come off

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 22:57 
Hibernating Druid

*throws another 12 pound coins in the Beex hot tub*

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:03 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Bizarre.

Three days ago was two years to the day since I was first in hospital when I had my heart attack and I had a dream that I was making a presentation to some hospital staff about my experience as a patient throughout my whole cardiac experience.

I watched Gemini Man on Saturday, and then dreamt that I was Henry Brogan (the main character) that night.

We're having a replacement boiler installed today, and last night I had a dream about that as well.

There seems to be a pattern emerging.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 0:37 
Skillmeister

Only if you dream that you're the boiler. Then it goes all inceptiony.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:08 
Can you dig it?

Cras wrote:
Malc wrote:
Jem was busy over seeing the celebs in the hot tubs

Could you BE any more pre-emptively insensitive?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:08 
Hibernating Druid

A weirdly great dream last night. I’d discovered that if you walk without taking your feet off the floor, basically a forwards moonwalk, I could travel at roughly three times my normal speed. I was powering past people on my way along an unfamiliar high street (somewhere in the lakes, rather than a busy city) on my way to meet up with my wife and kids. I took a turn off and then realised I was approaching Cleveleys seafront (but it wasn’t) and I noticed some furtive activity in a kind of bandstand on the edge of a park. I slid over and delightedly realised it was The Northern Boys taking a break between shooting a video! They obligingly agreed to a quick selfie but I couldn’t get them all in shot with me. Fin.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 17:01 

Please can you video the speedy forwards moonwalk? Would like to see.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 17:44 
Hibernating Druid

It looked as good as it felt.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 23:40 
Sitting balls-back folder

Ah, fuck. You've reminded me I used to regularly dream along the lines of hitchhiker's - forgetting to fall over so essentially just flying around a few inches off the ground. That started before I read the books so I can only assume Adams stole it from me. I miss that glorious feeling - I can almost remember the sensation now, physically.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 23:46 
Sitting balls-back folder

On a significant other tangent, spoilering for not niceness
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
the other night I dreamt we were walking along a canal with friends and one of them decided that because nutmeg (our dog) avoids water the best thing to do was grab her and jump in, holding her under for seconds at a time. Horrified I had to jump in, wrestle her away, get her out and comfort her. Thankfully the culprit was someone I've never met.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:10 
Skillmeister

Zardoz wrote:
A weirdly great dream last night. I’d discovered that if you walk without taking your feet off the floor, basically a forwards moonwalk, I could travel at roughly three times my normal speed. I was powering past people on my way along an unfamiliar high street (somewhere in the lakes, rather than a busy city) on my way to meet up with my wife and kids. I took a turn off and then realised I was approaching Cleveleys seafront (but it wasn’t) and I noticed some furtive activity in a kind of bandstand on the edge of a park. I slid over and delightedly realised it was The Northern Boys taking a break between shooting a video! They obligingly agreed to a quick selfie but I couldn’t get them all in shot with me. Fin.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:23 

I had one of those dreams where you fall asleep after trying to wake up for the day.

BACKGROUND: I dreamed about Chris, who I knew as ‘Mott’. Chris was a real person I met eight years ago in real life. A massive guy who I met when having surgery. I’d had Darwin and needed quite complex surgery afterwards (again, all this really happened). I had to have an epidural for the surgery (after the birth, thanks hospital), and was taken to theatre. Because of my injuries, they couldn’t lay me on my front to administer the epidural, and because I was so weak, both due to labour but also blood loss, I couldn’t hold myself on my side. There was a lot of discussion about how to administer the epidural safely, and in the end, in desperation, they asked if I would be comfortable with this big fuzzy bear of a man who was assisting the surgeon getting in the gurney/table with me and holding me in position.

I said yes, because what other choice was there?

So this big guy gets onto the table with me, on his side, and wraps his legs around the outside of my legs, and his arms and body round me in a full body ‘hug’, and had to hold me like that. My face was buried in his massive chest and he kept asking if I was ok. To be honest I was kind of amused by the whole situation and felt *completely* at ease, but that’s because during this whole thing, being so weak and tired, for some reason my mind kept slipping into thinking it was @grim... that was with me. I kept calling this guy Mott. I apologised when I said it for about the eighth time, and one of the biggest memories I have is of him saying ‘that’s ok, you can call me ‘Mott’ if you like.

Anyway, all that actually happened eight years ago, that’s not the dream.

Last night I dreamed of Mott/Chris. He was holding me in that exact position and I was totally immobilised but felt completely safe. Every part of me was being held firmly still, but I wasn’t panicking about it. I was totally relaxed, and we were sort of slowly just moving through the universe, and I could see *everything*, (even though in real life I had my face to his chest so just had a face full of scrubs). I could see all of the galaxies and every star in the universe. I could very specifically see every good dog that existed. Every colour of the universe was there, and it was like the ‘real’ truth of things. Maybe I was dreaming I was on mushrooms or something, I don’t know. But anyway, ‘Mott’ was there just kind of supporting me through this amazing trip. It was brilliant.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:46 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Wow. In fact 'wow' to both the real story AND the dream.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 13:05 

Yeah. I do t think I appreciated how weird the real life bit was at the time as I was exhausted and just meeting my new baby, but it was the first thing I relayed to Russell as they wheeled me out of the theatre.

The dream was great though. Much peaceful. Very cosmic. Wow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 13:36 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

omg doxxed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 15:48 

You’ve doxxed yourself on here loads of times, mister.

Edit: I’ve edited to help your anonymity remain intact :DD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 17:33 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

I like the sound of this Mott fellow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 17:53 

Mott brings the big cuddles. Everyone should have a go.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 22:17 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Is he any relation to Mop?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 23:30 

Just similar sounding names and beards.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:20 
Hibernating Druid

Quote:
I could very specifically see every good dog that existed.

:luv:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:47 
Can you dig it?

I very, very rarely remember my dreams, but this morning I do actually recall one so I'm excited to put it here.

Last night I dreamed that I'd just started a new job and it was my induction (or perhaps I was applying and it was part of the interview, I can't remember) at some high tech company, possibly a government agency or something.

They asked me to put my email address into a computer terminal so that it could scan the internet and see what I'd been saying about this new place online, but I put the email address in wrong and yet it still came up with some stuff. The nice but stern lady then asked me what I thought about getting the milk delivery and bringing it inside; of course, I replied, it's important to get the milk so that everyone can have coffee and they don't get all cross because they haven't yet had their coffee, and I want to help everyone. She then asked what else I was good at so I did some backflips and then climbed up a staircase by jumping and climbing like Ezio from Assassin's Creed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:41 
Isn't that lovely?

I was in a large marquee with about 20 teams of 5 people. We were being assigned jobs, and each team was choosing the equipment that would be needed for the next job.

I was the team leader of one team, and one of the guys I really work with, Ben, came over and said the van we'd been assigned was too small for our needs. I went and had a look and agreed with him.

So I went over to the Quartermaster who was Mimi, and let her know the situation., she consulted with her assistant, who had a perfect memory, and been fitted with an interface so that he could share those memories with everyone else. Turning him into a walking youtube.

The interface has some predictive ai software installed on it, and he called up the predicted outcome of my teams job using the assigned van, and the ai agreed with Ben, the van was indeed too small, it suggested a different van, however, that van was not available, they'd all been assigned to different teams.

Mimi then said we should go the garage and see what options where available there. So all four of us (Ben, Mimi, the assistant and I) somehow got on Ben's motorbike (a normal motorbike that should seat 2 people) and drove to the garage.

It turns out both the Marquee and the garage were both in Battersea Park in London. The Marquee near the bandstand, and the garage where the tennis courts are, next to the running track.

So, we ask the guy there what vans they have available, tell him the parameters of the job, and he says he will go and have a look.

Whilst he is gone I look at the boats on the river Thames (which in reality you could not do from where we are in Battersea Park) and notice that some of them are firing slow moving missiles, and then others are firing fast moving missiles in order to shoot them down.

I point this out to the others, and Ben says it looks like a missile test, as why else are they moving so slow?
Mimi points out that it wasn't a very successful test as half of the slow moving missiles didn't get hit.

Then one of the boats fires a Saturn v rocket ( the boat was not big enough to do this), which slowly starts taking off. It gets to about 200m and then starts falling down to the ground. It lands on the petrol station that is at the Chelsea Bridge entrance to Battersea Park (there is no petrol station there). It doesn't blow up, but it embeds itself in the ground, and fires start.

We were close enough that if it had exploded we would be dead, so we all get up, and head away from the crater. All I can think of is how do I get home, when I need to go over Chelsea Bridge to do that, and I consider trying to get past the crash site before it explodes, and then I wake up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:06 

Oh, I think I responded to that the day you posted it, but for some reason my post didn’t save (for some reason I was getting an error message each time I posted for a while).

Weirdly, that dream is quite like a recurring dream I have, with the missiles slowly falling to earth. I’ve had it since I was a kid. Sometimes it’s bombs, other times it’s lighting, or meteorites.

That motorbike ride sounds snug! :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:12 

I had a dream that I was trying to get to St James’ Park (the football stadium), where I was going to meet Russell and someone else.

Darwin and I were on a bus, when we bumped into Davpaz and Zardoz. There were off out somewhere, but they were running an hour or so early, so decided to help us navigate to the stadium. It took ages to get there and we had to hike up a mountain, and when we finally arrived the stadium had been swapped out for a stadium-sized bouncy castle that had been painted to look like stone but was very definitely bouncy. There was a very bouncy London underground train inside, doing loops to take you to your very bouncy seats. Davpaz and Zardoz were still there, bouncing along, seemingly having forgotten they were supposed to be going somewhere else.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:26 
Unpossible!

Sweet. I love bouncy castle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:45 
Hibernating Druid

Last night I dreamt I was sat at a show but it switched to me being Phil Oakey* playing Macbeth in a nightclub vip seating area. I casually walked up from the rest of the seated crowd to the stage and moved a few seat cushions around then sat ready for the other performers to reach the stage. As they did it dawned on me that I didn’t know any of the script, but before I could panic an alarm went off and everyone (cast and audience) went through a side door into a hipster canteen at the back. The food looked and smelled amazing but I only got to try a chocolate milkshake served in a baby’s bottle and pick up a large plate (from the dirty pile) before I woke up.

*first time I remember being someone else in a dream rather than me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:47 
Hibernating Druid

Cheers for letting us tag along, Mimi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:07 

Zardoz wrote:
Cheers for letting us tag along, Mimi

Not at all. Thank YOU for your intimate knowledge of the mountains of Newcastle city centre. I literally don’t know where I’d be without you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 13:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Zardoz wrote:
Last night I dreamt I was sat at a show but it switched to me being Phil Oakey* playing Macbeth in a nightclub vip seating area.

Would you possible say that you and he were together in an electric dream?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 13:30 
Awesome
Yes

Cras wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Last night I dreamt I was sat at a show but it switched to me being Phil Oakey* playing Macbeth in a nightclub vip seating area.

Would you possible say that you and he were together in an electric dream?

He didn't have to try. He just closed his eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 14:44 
Hibernating Druid

Yes, and yes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 16:30 

I had a dream that Russell and I had to foster twin newborn babies, but no sooner than they were in our care they were kidnapped and taken off somewhere, starting this huge manhunt. They were eventually rescued and returned to us. It was only after I’d relayed the dream to Russell that he pointed out it was likely related to a TV show we watched over Christmas…

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 16:49 

I had a dream (I think from playing Cyberpunk) where I was on some sort of mission to stop a wrongun. I was tailing him and watching him to gather intel, his nefarious activity was that he was taking aquarobics classes for old folks at our local YMCA but then murdering one of them each week for money somehow. Then one of our cats knocked over a clothes dryer in the bathroom which woke me up and so I never found out the ending.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 15:42 

I’ve been having the most absolutely unhinged dreams for the last week or so. Every night just full-on, long, completely unhinged, exhausting dreams, so bonkers that they are actually too bonkers to write down here.. The most vivid dreams I think I’ve ever had. I keep also oversleeping and I really do not feel at all rested. I am exhausted and starting to feel really lethargic because I feel so tired. Any ideas/advice?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 16:05 
Gogmagog

Cocaine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 0:47 
Hibernating Druid

And a synth.

Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25