Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dreams and nightmares
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 21:58 
Hibernating Druid

8)

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 22:03 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Squirt wrote:
I must admit I though that dream was going to go in a whole different direction than it did.

It's a starter dream. Take it where you like.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 22:06 

It was a very happy dream, so I posted at 4:30am so I didn't fall asleep again and forget it :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 22:09 
Sleepyhead

Given your update, I think a few of the members are going to continue this dream themselves tonight!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:55 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I dreamt that there was a "Alternate World" Buffy series called "Vampires Suck" where all the characters are eight years old. I was going to tell Gaywood to watch it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:55 
Excellent Member

Last night I had a really vivid dream that the ceiling had come down on top of me, there was also a hot tub (which I don’t have) that came down with the ceiling .

I woke up and I was shitting myself it was that vivid, also had a cramp in my left leg as well which added to the confusion.

It was only 11pm as well, I had gone to bed around 9.45. I blame drinking, I had made a cosmopolitan cocktail using proper measures and had 2 beers, not a lot but sometimes enough to set me off.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:54 
Worst

Grim... wrote:
I dreamt that there was a "Alternate World" Buffy series called "Vampires Suck" where all the characters are eight years old. I was going to tell Gaywood to watch it.

That sounds brilliant. We need to pitch it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 13:57 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I swear I've seen it somewhere. On a tshirt or something?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 14:09 
Worst

Turns out it's a film:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 14:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

throughsilver wrote:
Grim... wrote:

That sounds brilliant. We need to pitch it.

I'm sure the networks would love Lil'Will, the seven-year-old lesbian!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

So last night in my dream I was helping to do SCIENCE with some SCIENCE TYPES in a lab. Our experiment was about the way different men behave when they're in bed with Holly Willoughby.

It was a thoroughly excellent dream.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:42 

I had a dream that we were camping on the aisle of Sheppey in Leysdown. Russell and I had a tent in the snow, as did my mother and her partner and my grandmother.

All there was to do each day was to go to the Post Office in Warden, but I was the only person who wanted to make the journey, which was odd as I had a snowmobile. After doing this for several days I realised that the Post Office was an Argos, so I bought a snowmobile. Will I Am, or however you write it, @ messaged me in twitter to say he liked my blog post about knitting in consecutive days. Then I passed Russell's boss on the snowmobile and she'd been reading a piece on wordless books and said I should write one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 22:59 
Hibernating Druid

Where was Grim...?

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 13:46 
Isn't that lovely?

Last night's dream was about Linda Lusardi and Sam Fox.

Their 80s/90s incarnations were in my living room debating Scottish Independence in the form of a panel show quiz.

A disembodied voice would ask them a question about their position on independence and what it would it mean to Scotland/UK if they got the question right, they were allowed to spend 30 seconds on a speech to convince me to vote their way (I think Sam Fox was pro independence) if they got it wrong, they had to take an article of clothing off, and they also aged 5 years.

After about 10 questions I was looking at 2 naked pensioners and hadn't heard any policy!

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 17:12 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Malc wrote:
I was looking at 2 naked pensioners and hadn't heard any policy!

Sounds like Friday night out in Bedford.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 0:28 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I dreamed that Kat was in the hall shouting at me to get up for work this morning, vividly enough that I woke up and shouted something back about being awake and getting up. Then got really confused that there was nobody there. And checked the time and it was two minutes before my alarm was due to go off. That was weird.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 
Isn't that lovely?

The other night I dreamt that I inadvertently started World War 3.

I was on the back seat of a bus in America, I guess it was a grey hound, when these two zombie looking Italian Dudes got on the bus and sat about 3 seats back from the driver. I was sure they were Zombies and wanted to shoot them, but the person sitting next me kept on talking me out of it, and how it would be an international incident if a Brit shot an Italian in America.

Eventually I determined that one of them was going to bite the person in front of them, and stood up and shouted: "Watch out, they are zombies!" At which point one of them lunged for the person in front of them, and the other legged it off the bus. I shot the lunger, and then went for the runner, but he got away.

Anyway, it turns out these were actually Russians pretending to be Italians, and I was really for it. The Americans decided I needed to be protected and the obvious choice was a large bulletproof glass box on top of a 100m tower in the middle of town (a bit David Blaine if you ask me).

From this vantage point I could see the scenes of 50s Hammer Horror film, with crowds coming with pitchforks and the like. These were Americans angry that I had earnt the wrath of Russia, and were angry that I was being defended and that I should be given to the Russians.

And at that point I woke up fully. Previous to that, I had woken several times and then rejoined the dream when I went back to sleep, which doesn't often happen.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:05 

I had a really vivid nightmare last night that has upset my mind and body a little.

I dreamed that i ws on the 232 bus, going down the North Circular road. i jumped off the bus atthe top of neasden and was walking down the hill towards my grandmother's house. As i was walking I caught up with one of my grandmother's young neighbours, who i didn't recognise at first as she had changed her hair. She told me that my grandmother had done some sewing for her and she was just returning from posting this to her cousins in America.

As we were travelling along, her mobile rang and she took the call so i slowed down so as not to walk alongside her whilst she was conversing. I got to Ayboyne Road and crossed atthe corener. As I was crossing, a car with four young men went to turn in and had to slow right down as I was crossing. The driver gesticulated at me and I pointed at the indicator, which he hadn't used to say he was turning into the side road.

As I passed the car the passenger in teh read left seat wound down his window an I thought 'he's either going to call me a name or shoot me'. I just saw him raise the gun heard the bang louder than I thought and felt the impact hit me in the left of my neck.

I fell to the grass sideing on the corner, onto my right side/ i could hear what felt like someone pouring water out of a pot and could feel blood rushing fast over my neck and face and I could hear the flow of the blood.

I lay there and thought that it didn't hurt too much, and at least I would go quickly. I hoped that nobody approached me to try and save me, in case they prolonged my death.

I wanted to think of all those people that i cared about. I thought of Russell and wished that the universe would take care of him, and then i couldn't think of anyone else that I knew.

It was like my field of vision was closing in, but my eyes were shut. It was liek the field or scope of my mind and memory was quickly closing in.

Then i think I wrestled my self awake, witht he thought that i was dreaming, and someone told me that if you dream that you dream of your death you won't wake up. I don't believe this, but didn't seem to think this was teh moment to test my hypothesis.

i woke up in teh position I was laying in teh grass in.

I feel really quire depressed today

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:46 

That's not a very nice dream, Mimi :( The only dreams I ever remember are ones where I get killed :(

Apparently a female colleague had a "really vivid dream" about me the night before last, in which I was "filthy and massive."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:58 
Unpossible!

GazChap wrote:
That's not a very nice dream, Mimi :( The only dreams I ever remember are ones where I get killed :(

Apparently a female colleague had a "really vivid dream" about me the night before last, in which I was "filthy and massive."

You could get her fired for harassment.

But that's better than skinny and geeky.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:59 
Isn't that lovely?

FFS Craster!

You crashed the Car and killed the tiger!

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

My bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 15:51 
Awesome
Yes

Dreamt last night that I was at work, sat at my desk and was screaming over and over again for everyone to fuck off.

Then everyone looked at me and I was embarrassed. They can fuck off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:41 
Sleepyhead

Last night I dreamt I was at the cottage with some Beexers and some other friends. We were playing all sorts of games in the games room, including a game of cricket. I caught Myp out, and was going nicely as a batsman before Zaphod pulled off a diving catch to get me out.

After a while we realised it was Sunday and time to watch a bad movie, but I hadn't brought any DVDs. Luckily, the living room had turned into a DVD shop so I could look for one there. They didn't have Singham Returns, but they had both of the versions in a different language (the movie was made three times in three different languages with mostly different casts). Then I found a one hour special DVD of Singham made by Marvel Studios, which sounded awesome.

Then I woke up. Gah!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:43 
UltraMod

Unrealistic - you'd never catch me out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:00 

Monday night and last night I had the same dream where Russell and I lived in a house with a high ceiling and long stairwell. At the top of the stairs was an inaccessible (to us) hatch to a loft which was boarded up from above. One night I could hear noises and in the morning one of the planks was missing. Russell said it had probably shifted with age. The next night all the planks had gone and I could hear someone running around the house as we lay in bed, and hushed talking.

We went out to the barn the next day and I hear a scream from the house. A future version of me came running out, being chased by something I never found as I woke up.

I've not felt safe at home these past few days and keep re-checking the doors, getting Russell to check all the locks, etc. Nothing has happened in the neighbourhood or anything, I just feel really unsettled/jumpy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:38 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Had one last week where there was this girl, and she only had a month to live, so we went on an amazing round the world holiday, doing all the most fantastic things. Only, she was getting visibly older, like a decade older for each week we were travelling around. Then at the end of it she died.

So that was a fun dream.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 13:10 

I had an epic-length dream about Craster last night.

So, it started off that it was cottage time, but it was really warm and summer-like. Floaty dresses weather.

A few (6 or so) of us had arrived and were in the kitchen, and Craster said that he was moving to the town where I used to live, so could I show him around? I said yes, of course, so we set off.

It was somewhere coastal, and though I have lived in a few coastal areas it wasn't noticeably any of those. It seemed to be the south coast, there were beautiful high white cliffs and the like.

Anyway, we were walking along and I took him to High Cliff, which was a steep climb to a cliff edge. As you near it, it raises up further and breaks into really tall and dream-like architecture. It's hard to explain, but it was all white marble, and reminded me of the elvish architecture on LOTR, all very tall and delicate archways that look like they couldn't possible take any weight but were of course as strong as steel. They were decorative, organic shapes, like art nouveaux spun around gothic. Anyway, you could walk all the way out to sea, hundreds of feet above the ocean on these archways, Craster really wanted to look, but there are no sides to the walkways and bridges, and though I oblige I feel really dizzy and nauseas as vertigo starts to take over and my head is spinning. Still, we walk, and climb, unsteady feet, until the cliffs are far behind us and the sea is far below. There are no other people and the sun is hot, the marble is kind of burning white in our eyes.

Eventually we turn back and Craster is kind of silent, I think over-awed. I ask if he'd like to see anything else. Yes, if there is more. We walk along the cliffs again and I show him the clippers. They aren't real clippers, but about a mile out to sea are a giant art installation, made of some kind of marble with crystal sails. There are about 15 of them, with their 'sails' all looking as if they are billowing in the wind, sun catching the crystal. They are really, really amazing. Like, so beautiful that you kind of want to cry a bit.

Then we move along the cliff to another offshore installation - this is made of old cooling towers that have been altered and positioned out in the ocean. One looks like an old Romany caravan, or a western covered wagon, another looks a bit like a beetle, trying to climb over a large branch. Another looks like a sheet on a washing line, blowing in the wind.

We turn back and he asks if I know anywhere nice we can get a drink. I know a couple of pubs which I recognise from various places. We go to the first and sit by the water and have a glass of wine in the sun. As a breeze settles in we move to the next and it is warm and inviting inside, we have one and I say we should head back before it gets dark. But Craster says that this pub is the most amazing place in the world and that he never wants to leave, so he thinks that instead of heading back to the cottage, everyone should head here. I'm happy for this as by now I miss Russell and I haven't had chance to see everyone but there are loads of seats, it's warm and a bit boozy. Craster phones Grim... and tells him to bring everyone over to the pub. We wait and have some wine, but when Grim... turns up he is alone. He didn't want to bring everyone else as then there would be less beer to drink, so I felt a bit sad then, and I kind of felt it would be a long night then as now I couldn't drink, or get back to the cottage alone as I had lost the directions and it was dark.

Then I woke up.

I think I dreamed about Craster as I noticed his heart hanging from the tree just before we headed to bed last night, it just caught my eye, so it must have jogged him into my sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 13:26 
Unpossible!

Mimi wrote:
I think I dreamed about Craster as I noticed his heart hanging from the tree just before we headed to bed last night, it just caught my eye, so it must have jogged him into my sleep.

RIP Craster. Brrr.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 13:36 

Oh, ok yes, I see that makes no sense (sorry, I am tired). Not as sinister as it sounds :) wooden heart, painted tree:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 14:58 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mimi wrote:
but when Grim... turns up he is alone. He didn't want to bring everyone else as then there would be less beer to drink.

Sound logic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 15:40 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I do like clippers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 15:43 
UltraMod

Cras wrote:
I do like clippers.

We can tell by your hairstyle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 15:46 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Cras wrote:
I do like clippers.

\
The fuck is that guy?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 15:52 
UltraMod

You should really cut down.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 15:57 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

It's never a good idea to pay prostitutes in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 16:31 

Tea clippers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:22 

I have been having some really vivid weird dreams recently.

The other night I dreamed that I was living in some kind of communal group place with about 14-15 other people. Russell was there, a couple of girls I went to uni with, a girl I went to primary school with, some people from here (I'm a bit fuzzy on who now, but I know that Ange was there, and Kern was there, as well as Trooper) and there was also some some Canadian chap.

Anyway.

We all start off in a bar, we'd not been there before, but the rules go that you have to take part in the drinking game. For every 12 drinks that your group takes you can have one 'wimp out' and someone can have a cup of tea. The barman at our table says that this means, as we have more than 12 people, we can always have a wimp. I said I will be the wimp as I am not allowed to drink alcohol at the moment. He said I can't wimp out on the first round, but I say I can't drink (doctors orders). We all drink and others get merry, then the Canadian guy says 'guys, we have to leave, it's nearly time for Pat's Caféeeeeeeee! Then everyone shouts 'PAT's CAFÉEEEEEEEEE!' and we leave.

I don't know what Pat's Café is, but I don't want to watch it. I assume it's an Eastender's spin-off and now Pat Butcher runs the café, and I don't really care for it, but we all arrive home (which is actually Ange's house, where we all live) and sit n these huge sofas arranged in a rectangle.

Then Pat's Café comes on. We all shout 'Pat's Caféeeeeeeee!'. It's a bit like Why Don't You. First is a 60 second piece on arm knitting. We wait for that to finish and shout 'Pat's Caféeeeeeeee!', then there is a 30 second comedy sketch, after which we shout 'Pat's Caféeeeeeeee!', then there is a short clip on how to make lasagne... 'Pat's Caféeeeeeeee!', and so it carries on. We don't watch the show, but shouting out 'Pat's Caféeeeeeeee!' is the BEST THING IN THE WORLD. We never find out who Pat is, or anything about the café, but who cares, because 'Pat's Caféeeeeeeee!'.

Anyway, Pat's Café is awesome, you should watch it.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:46 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Had a dream last night that I was convinced was reality. I was at our local swimming pool, but couldn't remember how I got there. This really worried me as my short term memory is definitely not what it was, and I do have a tendency to forget things more these days. But I was really worried that I'd got up, dressed, driven to the pool, paid to get in and then suddenly come to my senses at the poolside with no recollection of going there. I was also concerned that I hadn't brought my swimming kit with me.

Then I noticed that my son was in the pool, but he was aged about 8, when in fact he's now 35. I walked up and down the poolside and then noticed that my kit bag was hanging on a hook at the side of the pool, but not in a changing room. I walked around, looking for an empty changing room, the saw that my son's kit was in one. I went to get my bag off the hook, to go into that changing room to get changed, but when I got back, there was now also a packet of biscuits on a shelf, and realised my wife had put them there, so she must be here too, but I couldn't see her.

The end.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:02 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Mrs. W was telling me about a recurring dream she has, about a tooth of hers that keeps falling out. She can put it back in, but it involves mounting the tooth on a sort of elaborate silver drawing pin.

Although the dream itself is odd, when she was telling me about it, I realised that I have never had recurring dreams, while she says she has had them all her life.

This made me wonder, are there two types of dreamers, some with recurring dreams and those without, or do some people have a mixture of both.

What's your experience?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:57 
Paws for thought

My father haa had two recurring dreams, although I believe they stopped after many years.

I have repeating themes.

Except for last night, where I had a dream where a tooth fell out (spook) and where fat Curio spent much time obsessing about one direction* before getting arrested for (alleged) sexual assault on them.

* -Given that I know nothing about one direction beyond their name, and that they're probably a pop band, my mind did a sterling job of making up amusing crap about them. Alas I have forgotten most of it by now.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:18 
Isn't that lovely?

I may have said this before, but when I have recurring dreams, by the 2nd or 3rd time I have them I realise that I am having them, and site back and enjoy the ride. However, sometimes, (usually about the 5th or 6th time I have the dream) my brain decides to trick me, and instead of the Hollywood style blockbuster I was expecting, everything starts going wrong for the hero and he (usually me) ends up being caught and killed. I tend not to have that dream again after it's all gone wrong.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:51 
Unpossible!

Just had a horrible nightmare. The weird thing was, it wholly consisted of my wife saying my name in the most doom-laden and portentous way imaginable,like she was calling me back from death. Just that. One word, no images. Brrrrr...

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 13:35 

I used to get something like this, my name over and over and over.

It was where my neighbour was using a lawnmower and it sounded like my name.

It happened a few times.

Once it was a washing machine.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 14:08 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Your neighbour has odd appliances.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 16:29 

A washing machine is odd?

It wasn't in the flat where my neighbour had a lawnmower, it was when I was a student and had a garden :)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 18:10 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Washing machines that go 'mimimimimimimimimi' are a bit odd.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 18:15 
Unpossible!

Cras wrote:

Unless they're warming up for an opera

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 18:33 

Cras wrote:

No :D well, the washing machine was making a noise, like *...*. You know,I'm just tried to make a washing machine noise with English letters, it doesn't work, but you have probably heard a washing machine, so can kind of imagine.

Anyway, I was asleep, and I think my dessert turned it into my name. Like the lawn mower.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:31 
sneering elitist

Mimi wrote:
Anyway, I was asleep, and I think my dessert turned it into my name. Like the lawn mower.

I'm not really sure this has helped clarify things :DD

Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 25  Next