Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 5904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 14:20 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11626
Findus Fop wrote:
Cras wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Why would anyone put a "back" button on the right hand side of anything? (unless it's in a RTL country, obviously)


Every computer keyboard I've ever used has placed the back(space) button on the right-hand-side. There's an almost equivalent logic.


You don't use a normal keyboard one-handed, as a rule


You haven't seen me type.

Giphy "kermit typing":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/mEw1X4x7iF62Q/giphy-loop.mp4

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 14:24 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19187
The reason Russell knows that costs is because he uses that to illustrate me doing anything in a computer.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 14:42 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 1746
Mimi wrote:
The reason Russell knows that costs is because he uses that to illustrate me doing anything in a computer.


Kermit looks like a power user to me.

I tried to find a gif of Homer single-digit typing, but all I could find was the typing bird and "this weird typing quiz"*.

*38/42 typing fans.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 14:51 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63278
Location: Your Mum
TheVision wrote:
I remember someone at work having "A Google Phone" back in the day. I liked the keyboard and did it have a little trackball in the middle? I seem to remember that being pretty cool too.

Giphy "homer simpson typing":
https://media2.giphy.com/media/dSBCzU9g1WKUU/giphy-loop.mp4

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 14:51 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63278
Location: Your Mum
Lulz

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 15:02 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46019
Flawless, giphy.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 15:04 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 11645
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
Giphy "flawless":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/6w6ix8hfaVOx2/giphy-loop.mp4

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 21:15 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63278
Location: Your Mum
5T is out on the 21st.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 17:02 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43034
Location: West Yorkshire
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
My S7 edge reset itself three times and then powered down. Hard resets do not work. Balls.

That's exactly what happened to my S4.

Contact Samsung for warranty repair. Do you have a spare phone?


I'm tot take it into the shop and they'll have a look. Hopefully, the smashed rear glass won't color their opinion that it's a "phone bricked2 issue as it ran quite happily for months and months with the damaged rear.


"Because the back is smashed, that means it is out of warranty. The main board is broken so all in £280"

"Yeah, I'll have a think, ta"

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 20:07 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32924
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
My S7 edge reset itself three times and then powered down. Hard resets do not work. Balls.

That's exactly what happened to my S4.

Contact Samsung for warranty repair. Do you have a spare phone?


I'm tot take it into the shop and they'll have a look. Hopefully, the smashed rear glass won't color their opinion that it's a "phone bricked2 issue as it ran quite happily for months and months with the damaged rear.


"Because the back is smashed, that means it is out of warranty. The main board is broken so all in £280"

"Yeah, I'll have a think, ta"

Contents insurance? Gadget cover through your bank account?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 21:21 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43034
Location: West Yorkshire
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
My S7 edge reset itself three times and then powered down. Hard resets do not work. Balls.

That's exactly what happened to my S4.

Contact Samsung for warranty repair. Do you have a spare phone?


I'm tot take it into the shop and they'll have a look. Hopefully, the smashed rear glass won't color their opinion that it's a "phone bricked2 issue as it ran quite happily for months and months with the damaged rear.


"Because the back is smashed, that means it is out of warranty. The main board is broken so all in £280"

"Yeah, I'll have a think, ta"

Contents insurance? Gadget cover through your bank account?


Will read fine print. Ta

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:28 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 10085
Location: Sunny Stoke
Only a minor thing, but after getting increasingly annoyed with Words With Friends and its stubborn refusal to stop vibrating on every notification (despite the setting being turned off and nothing allowing it at OS level) and Zynga not fixing it, I remembered that I saw a sequel to it, so gave that a try instead. Seems more or less the same as the original with a few more bells and whistles, but at least the damn thing doesn't vibrate now, so it stays.

Oh and I might now be addicted to the new 5 vs 5 Lightning Round feature that WWF2 has.

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:18 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 10449
Anyone else found that the latest release(s) of Chrome are starting to turn into buggy, crashy messes? (And it's not exactly a zippy web browser any more, either. I actually use Firefox on the media centre PC for Netflix as it just runs it a lot better.)

Also there's something weird going on with the colour saturation that only manifests itself in Chrome. I've Googled it and I'm not the only one.

I'm getting quite used to seeing this on some webpages. Edge and Firefox do not have this problem.

Attachment:
snappers.JPG


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 15:55 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43034
Location: West Yorkshire
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
My S7 edge reset itself three times and then powered down. Hard resets do not work. Balls.

That's exactly what happened to my S4.

Contact Samsung for warranty repair. Do you have a spare phone?


I'm tot take it into the shop and they'll have a look. Hopefully, the smashed rear glass won't color their opinion that it's a "phone bricked2 issue as it ran quite happily for months and months with the damaged rear.


"Because the back is smashed, that means it is out of warranty. The main board is broken so all in £280"

"Yeah, I'll have a think, ta"

Contents insurance? Gadget cover through your bank account?


Will read fine print. Ta


I wrote to CEO and said £280 is balls and offered less than half that as business be business.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 15:57 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32924
Yikes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 19:29 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43034
Location: West Yorkshire
Some guy replied asking further questions so we're now in a dialogue situation.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:31 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 10449
I have sorted out the washed out colours in Chrome 62.

Browse to

chrome://flags

Find the entry for 'Force color profile' (#force-color-profile) and set it to sRGB.

I now have normal colours in Chrome again.

Attachment:
chromersone.JPG


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14038
Location: Parts unknown
Microsoft Edge is no longer in beta mode on Android.. I'm using it now to type this.

It seems alright.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:23 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4341
I loved my Nexus 6P, then the battery went to absolute dogshit.

I have a bit of spare cash, so I'm tempted to buy a new phone outright, ride out the current contract (5 months left) then get a sim only deal.

So Oneplus 5T seems to be a no brainer, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:59 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63278
Location: Your Mum
Pundabaya wrote:
I loved my Nexus 6P, then the battery went to absolute dogshit.

Google may replace that out of warrantee. They are for me.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:55 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32924
Grim... wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
I loved my Nexus 6P, then the battery went to absolute dogshit.

Google may replace that out of warrantee. They are for me.

For freesies?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:21 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63278
Location: Your Mum
Yes. Well, not for me, but that's just me. It's a long story.

But yes, it would be free.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:59 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32924
Grim... wrote:
Yes. Well, not for me, but that's just me. It's a long story.

But yes, it would be free.

Go on...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 13:04 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63278
Location: Your Mum
It's not interesting, I promise.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:41 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14378
Just got my new phone. A Xiaomi Mi A1.

It seems really nice, has 64GB of memory, a nice screen, a camera that's ok and it was only £160!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19187
Grim... wrote:
It's not interesting, I promise.

Did you drop it in a stream?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:57 
User avatar
SavyGamer

Joined: 29th Apr, 2008
Posts: 7193
markg wrote:
Just got my new phone. A Xiaomi Mi A1.

It seems really nice, has 64GB of memory, a nice screen, a camera that's ok and it was only £160!

Just in time for the Android 8.0 update.

It's a great phone.

Edit: where did you buy it from? Was £160 including delivery and any taxes?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:00 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14378
Yeah it seems pretty decent, it certainly doesn't feel cheap. Time will tell I guess but right now there is nothing about it that makes me wish that I had spent four times as much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14378
£160 was from a UK seller but using that 20% off deal ebay had going on the other day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Google Android
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:05 
User avatar
SavyGamer

Joined: 29th Apr, 2008
Posts: 7193
Nice. I paid a fraction more than that (I think it was like £165), but that was for getting one shipped within Asia from Hong Kong, so had free postage and no import duty.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 5904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Columbo, The Greys, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
cron
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.