Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Trek
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:12 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Why the Hell isn't there a sequel to this yet?

Out next year.

And it's got Benedict Cumberbatch in it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:35 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

metalangel wrote:
Oh but it messed with the precious canon by suggesting "our" Spock is now forever trapped in the other timeline.

That's not messing with the canon, is it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 
Legendary Boogeyman

No it isn't. That Spock disappears to an alternate timeline at a very late point in his life, at a time beyond the broadcast end of the last Star Trek series, then that's totally fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:55 
SavyGamer

I just recently completed my watch of DS9, which was preceded by TNG and TOS. I'd seen plenty of episodes of all three when I was younger, but a lot of it was over my head, and I never watched them from beginning to end, in order.

I think DS9 is the best, I definitely enjoyed the strong character arcs, them getting very creative with the format, and the emphasis on Politics, War and Theology, in addition to the explorations of Science, Philosophy and Ideology that you get in most of Star Trek.

I've moved onto Enterprise now (only a few episodes in), which has a very neat premise a few cool twists, but it's obviously Trek dumbed down. It's kind of like a half step towards the JJ Abrams movies. It feels like it's missing a lot of the attention to detail and thematic depth that makes Trek special, but has decent action. It feels like there's a fair bit of tension between trying to tie into the wider continuity and still be it's own thing.

Characters seem fairly shallow so far, even if there's good performances from most of the main cast.

My original plan was to finish Enterprise before Discovery starts, but I doubt I'll make it now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 

Interesting reading contemporaneous 2009 posts from people here regarding JJ Abrams' Trek "reboot" and subsequent attempts.

For me, as I've said before, I thought the films were wafer-thin, lighter-than-air flimsy shite (akin to a sort of 'Star Trek for the under fives' extremely lavish CBBC production); nothing short of a complete trashing of the franchise. (Don't even get me started on Into the Darkness or Simon Pegg being cast as Scotty and the worst faux accent since Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.... I give it 3 out of 1000).

I find it hard to believe that in retrospect, anyone thinks these films stand up well as against the original series and (some) of the original movie spin offs, most notably Wrath of Khan (of course), which Abrams pillages shamelessly with awful results, and The Voyage Home come to that. IMO, they really have not aged well; the shine has come off double quick, whereas the enduring durability of the original could not be more contrasting. :(

Dr Lave wrote:
Of course, he's normally wrong but interestingly wrong :p

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:44 
Unpossible!

I was a huge Trekkie in my teens, but I haven't bothered to watch the second or third reboot movies. I just can't call up the enthusiasm.

Looking forward to the new series though. Proper TV Trek! Bring it on!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:50 
Sleepyhead

LewieP wrote:
I just recently completed my watch of DS9, which was preceded by TNG and TOS. I'd seen plenty of episodes of all three when I was younger, but a lot of it was over my head, and I never watched them from beginning to end, in order.

I think DS9 is the best, I definitely enjoyed the strong character arcs, them getting very creative with the format, and the emphasis on Politics, War and Theology, in addition to the explorations of Science, Philosophy and Ideology that you get in most of Star Trek.

I've moved onto Enterprise now (only a few episodes in), which has a very neat premise a few cool twists, but it's obviously Trek dumbed down. It's kind of like a half step towards the JJ Abrams movies. It feels like it's missing a lot of the attention to detail and thematic depth that makes Trek special, but has decent action. It feels like there's a fair bit of tension between trying to tie into the wider continuity and still be it's own thing.

Characters seem fairly shallow so far, even if there's good performances from most of the main cast.

My original plan was to finish Enterprise before Discovery starts, but I doubt I'll make it now.

Wot no Voyager?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:55 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I loved the first new Trek movie. Liked the third one too, especially the bit with the classical music.

I'm sort-of looking forward to Discovery, but I've never really been that into Star Trek. Except when I being the captain in Bridge Commander, of course.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:02 
SavyGamer

Yeah I was planning on skipping Voyager for now, I watched a bit of it back in the day, and I thought it was pretty weak compared to TNG.

Regarding the Abrams movies, I did think the first one did succeed at the character and relationship stuff, as well as the action. This somewhat made up for how dumbed down, superficial and generic a lot of the other aspects were. I had kind of hoped that this would have set the stage for them doing a good job with the subsequent films. They already had a lot of the hard work down in terms of cast, chemistry, look and feel, but not only did they fail to build into anything more interesting thematically, they also didn't really do much with the characters. Into Darkness was particularly bad imo, because instead of continuing with interesting character dynamics, they just reheated all the character threads and tension from the previous movie.

A lot of people seem to think that the third one is better, and it isn't as bad as the second, but it was still super forgettable, and in my view cemented the fact that they're obviously not interested in doing proper Trek stories with these movies.

It's a shame, because they have nailed all the superficial elements, they're just pathologically averse to doing anything approaching challenging for the audience. I just dread the movie series inevitably losing steam, then they decide to do TNG reboot movie(s).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:21 

LewieP wrote:
Yeah I was planning on skipping Voyager for now, I watched a bit of it back in the day, and I thought it was pretty weak compared to TNG.

Regarding the Abrams movies, I did think the first one did succeed at the character and relationship stuff, as well as the action. This somewhat made up for how dumbed down, superficial and generic a lot of the other aspects were. I had kind of hoped that this would have set the stage for them doing a good job with the subsequent films. They already had a lot of the hard work down in terms of cast, chemistry, look and feel, but not only did they fail to build into anything more interesting thematically, they also didn't really do much with the characters. Into Darkness was particularly bad imo, because instead of continuing with interesting character dynamics, they just reheated all the character threads and tension from the previous movie.

A lot of people seem to think that the third one is better, and it isn't as bad as the second, but it was still super forgettable, and in my view cemented the fact that they're obviously not interested in doing proper Trek stories with these movies.

It's a shame, because they have nailed all the superficial elements, they're just pathologically averse to doing anything approaching challenging for the audience. I just dread the movie series inevitably losing steam, then they decide to do TNG reboot movie(s).

I think that's a good, fair summary (IMO), albeit I still don't understand why people didn't recognise just how flimsy and bad these films were at the time of their release - only in retrospect and in the cold light of day.

I know Star Trek is hardly the only franchise to suffer from incredibly duff cgi-heavy and story-lite reboots (*cough* Terminator, Alien, Star Wars 4-6), but it's disappointing nonetheless. Maybe reboots in general are just a bad fucking idea full stop? :shrug:

Dr Lave wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

The lack of depth in the first Star Trek reboot film was quite a shock after the deep intellectual stuff in Star Trek Nemesis. Oh no, wait, the other thing. And aslo I suspect you're forgetting just how dire the Star Trek: The Motion Picture was.

(Holy shit, is that Tom Hardy in Nemesis? It is!)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 
Bad Girl

The reboot movies are so forgettable that I can only remember there being 2 of them and I've watched all 3.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:58 

Grim... wrote:
The lack of depth in the first Star Trek reboot film was quite a shock after the deep intellectual stuff in Star Trek Nemesis. Oh no, wait, the other thing. And aslo I suspect you're forgetting just how dire the Star Trek: The Motion Picture was.

Actually, I reckon Star Trek: The Motion Picture was nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be (IMO); it had a good, genuine Trek storyline to it and at least it took itself seriously, unlike this fluffy kid-fodder. I'm not saying it was great or anything, but not a bad first attempt (and you know, it's really, really old, 1970s stuff).

Star Trek Nemesis was indeed shit (but STILL not as bad as Darkness), but the original crew were pretty fucking ancient by then. You don't judge an entire film franchise by the last really shit one of the series though, man.

Dr Lave wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:00 

Satsuma wrote:
The reboot movies are so forgettable that I can only remember there being 2 of them and I've watched all 3.

Exactly. I had to remind myself too; 2 and 3 just merge into one pool of absolute shitness and disappointment in my recollection. :(

I give them a cumulative score of 004.2 out of 1000 :D

Dr Lave wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:00 
SavyGamer

Grim... wrote:

I don't think TMP is that bad, but I am mostly comparing 2009 to Trek as a whole. I didn't expect them to do a big flashy hollywood modern take on Trek without pushing the balance more towards pulpy than intellectual (and imo the best of Trek is when they've balanced both of those), but I didn't expect them to go quite so far in that direction, and drop the ball on so many (imo) crucial elements.

If they do reboot TNG, Tom Hardy would be one of the better choices to play Picard. Along with Corey Stoll, Stanley Tucci, Mark Strong and obv Jason Statham.

Edit: Or James McAvoy.

Edit2: and it really is a shame that there was never a DS9 movie. I bet they could have done a great one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:34 
EvilTrousers

For the extra nerdy among you Chaos on the Bridge is available on Netflix which tells the story of how TNG came together and how much of a lunatic Maurice Hurley, the showrunner for the first two seasons, was.

It's pretty interesting and tells you a fair bit about the behind the scenes politics and what's involved getting something as iconic as Star Trek off the ground.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:38 
Sleepyhead

Rebooting TNG would be sacrilege, but if they did, it'd have to be McAvoy to continue the trend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:47 
SavyGamer

Oscar Isaac as Riker.
Rami Malek as Data.
Brienne of Tarth as Tasha Yarr.
Chris O'Dowd as O'Brian.

John de Lancie would still play Q.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:53 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Cavey wrote:
Star Trek Nemesis was indeed shit (but STILL not as bad as Darkness), but the original crew were pretty fucking ancient by then

They weren't in it -it was the one where Picard meets his clone.

Cavey wrote:
You don't judge an entire film franchise by the last really shit one of the series though, man.

I'm not. You're saying the Trek Reboot has dumbed the series down, I'm saying it's only as dumb as the one before it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:18 

Grim... wrote:
They weren't in it -it was the one where Picard meets his clone.

Ah right, my bad - it's TNG (and yes, it's well shit). Well it was 15-odd years ago now and pretty fucking forgettable tbh.

Quote:
Cavey wrote:
You don't judge an entire film franchise by the last really shit one of the series though, man.

I'm not. You're saying the Trek Reboot has dumbed the series down, I'm saying it's only as dumb as the one before it.

But that's a bit silly, really; it's clearly generally dumbed down relative to much of the rest of the material that preceded it, i.e. a whole bunch of films and TV. I'm not focusing/obsessing over one specific film/outrider, I'm looking at the big picture here (no pun intended).

Dr Lave wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 14:55 
Excellent Member

because of netflix husband and I have now rewatched 7 seasons of TNG and 7 seasons of DS9, thanks for the tip Trousers I will find the documentary.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 22:34 
UltraMod

Dwight from the Office as Harry Mudd!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 20:55 
Excellent Member

What do people think of Star Trek Discovery then?

I've really liked it so far, good plot and episodes look to follow each other a bit more unlike the other TV shows that that had a lot of self-contained ones.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 22:51 
SavyGamer

Feels like it hasn't really settled into a formula yet but maybe that means it's not really going to. I think I like that.

Interesting theory I heard:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
There's been plenty of allusions to the mirror universe (and Jonathan Frakes has even said he's directing a mirror universe episode), it could be that the Discovery is in the mirror universe (and perhaps the entire show so far has been), or one or more characters have crossed over from there. Some of Lorca's behaviour would make sense if he was a mirror version of him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 23:51 
Sitting balls-back folder

It's a load of old shit federation- and tech-wise, and so were the first couple of.episodes as a whole.

It's got better.

I think it helps they've got a Wash-a-like in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:37 
Excellent Member

LewieP wrote:
Feels like it hasn't really settled into a formula yet but maybe that means it's not really going to. I think I like that.

Interesting theory I heard:
There's been plenty of allusions to the mirror universe (and Jonathan Frakes has even said he's directing a mirror universe episode), it could be that the Discovery is in the mirror universe (and perhaps the entire show so far has been), or one or more characters have crossed over from there. Some of Lorca's behaviour would make sense if he was a mirror version of him.

That would make sense

The spore drive is a massive piece of tech, Voyager would have been a one episode show if they had had this!

I was wondering how they were going to deal with having this long before the earlier show timelines, but guess the mirror universe can deal with that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:01 
Sleepyhead

BikNorton wrote:
It's a load of old shit federation- and tech-wise, and so were the first couple of.episodes as a whole.

It's got better.

I think it helps they've got a Wash-a-like in.

I mean, he's uncannily Tudyk-esque.

I have enjoyed all of the first four episodes. Will watch the next when I have a chance (and then read the spoilers).

I also like Alien Niles Crane.

But they're all doomed anyway, right? Or at least the major tech thing is.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:40 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I think I will re-subscribe to netflix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 23:33 
Gogmagog

I watched about half hour of the first episode. It wasn't great. Riverdale is better, bit has fewer asteroids.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:26 
UltraMod

MaliA wrote:
I watched about half hour of the first episode. It wasn't great. Riverdale is better, bit has fewer asteroids.

viewtopic.php?style=26&f=3&t=2098&p=966442&hilit=Star+trek#p966442

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 22:10 
Sleepyhead

I am really, really enjoying this now.

So, Lorca is maybe from the mirror universe? Or something is up with him. I imagine that we'll get an episode going over what happened to his last ship, where I'm betting there's an original chap who died. Maybe. I dunno.

And that's security chief lad is DEFINITELY BAD NEWS. Could he be the Klingon chap in disguise?

Spock! Enterprise! Sarek! Lots of fun with all that.

Science guy is going absolutely mad! Loved watching Lorca's reaction to his insanity.

I like how there are lots of things going on, and I think the actors are doing a bang up job, especially Lorca.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 22:48 
Excellent Member

Cavey wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Actually, I reckon Star Trek: The Motion Picture was nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be (IMO); it had a good, genuine Trek storyline to it and at least it took itself seriously, unlike this fluffy kid-fodder. I'm not saying it was great or anything, but not a bad first attempt (and you know, it's really, really old, 1970s stuff).

Star Trek Nemesis was indeed shit (but STILL not as bad as Darkness), but the original crew were pretty fucking ancient by then. You don't judge an entire film franchise by the last really shit one of the series though, man.

Shocking kinda agree with Cavey time again.

The first Trek movie, even though relentlessly slow moving, has enough awe and spectacle about it to rescue the film. It feels pretty epic in a way. I also like how it's not about blowing stuff up, which is in keeping with the largely lovely original Trek movies.

The (Slow) Motion Picture: Investigate dangerous new energy cloud. Discover it's a vast spaceship. Discover vast spaceship is a machine intelligence. Discover odd story of origin of particular machine intelligence and its goals. Reason with it and catalogue new life form.

The Wrath of Khan: Neglect on the part of Captain Kirk results in the death of Khan's wife, who swears vengeance and steals Genesis, a device that can give life to a planet - and take it away. Kirk must face his own mortality, his relative innocence and the loss of his closest friend in a thrilling space-nautical adventure that has ensigns running about pulling gratings covers off torpedo tubes whilst James Horner swashbuckles the soundtrack, because Star Trek's DNA is Horatio Hornblower, friendo! A film where the exciting climax is simply trying to survive the dying hate of an already defeated enemy.

The Search for Spock: Committing mutiny, Spock's friends steal a ship and head to Genesis to retrieve his body - all on the word of McCoy who has his spirit fused with his own. Spock endures a painful rebirth, Kirk loses his only son and the Enterprise to the Klingons and the Vulcan race is revealed to be stranger, magical and more powerful than their wry logic based society hitherto indicated. The film ends with all the friends reuniting, but with a sense of loss also.

The Voyage Home: A giant probe approaches Earth and attempts a fearsome energy based communication with an extinct oceanic life form, gradually vaporising Earth's oceans and knocking out all power to electrical systems within the immediate Sol system. The band of contrite mutineers, on the way back to Earth in a captured Klingon Bird of Prey attempt time-travel back to early 80's San Francisco in an effort to retrieve a couple of humpback whales to resolve the problem. A gripping comedy adventure ensues as the crew encounter culture-shock, get in trouble with the US military, terrify a whaling crew, and seemingly break the neck of a impolite punk earning the applause of fellow passengers on the 20th century mass transit system. Everyone hugs at the end and Kirk gets his ship back.

The Final Frontier: Terrible film but actually an excellent premise. "What would God want with a starship?" Tapping into fears of all the cults cropping up in the 80's, Star Trek V has a pretty strong story where Spock's brother, a charismatic cult leader with seemingly the power to take away pain, takes over the Enterprise and heads off to find God in unexplored territory. Kirk must find a way to win back his ship from the brainwashed crew, and stop whatever strange entity is behind it all.

The Undiscovered Country: Praxis explodes and the Klingon empire has only twenty years left to live! A cataclysmic industrial catastrophe on a Klingon mining-moon wrecks their war economy and the system's ecology and forces a mass evacuation within Klingon space. Only the federation can help their warlike enemies and peace must be forged. Kirk, one of the great warriors of the Federation, is chosen as an ambassador, being a man the Klingons would grudgingly respect. Overtures of peace are sabotaged however as elements within the Federation and the Klingon Empire strike up their own secret alliance to ensure that the war goes on. A parable of Chernobyl and the breakup of the Soviet Union, Star Trek VI also finds time to fit in an Agatha Christie mystery and a prison-break movie.

Star Trek - Nemesis: A villain vows revenge for past wrongs and builds a super-weapon to destroy Federation.

Star Trek Reboot: A villain vows revenge for past wrongs and builds a super-weapon to destroy the Federation.

Star Trek Into Darkness: A villain vows revenge for past wrongs and builds a super-ship to take over Federation.

Star Trek Beyond: A villain vows revenge for past wrongs and works with an alien super weapon to destroy the Federation.

Of the first three TNG movies, First Contact is obviously the best but sets up a worrying precedent for subsequent action-orientated Trek. Generations has some good ideas but is generally cringeworthy. I have a fondness for Insurrection as there's a good story at the heart of it, and some interesting 'needs of the many vs the few' conundrums and soul-searching. It's just ultimately let down by the blandness of colony they're trying to save, and a desperately rote conclusion. Nemesis is fucking awful and the worst Trek movie to date, even worse than Into Darkness, which is insultingly awful in a way that gradually reveals itself. I actually quite enjoyed Beyond, but it's part of the depressing conclusion to keep doing the same fucking plot again and again.

Oh well, at least Star Wars keeps it fresh with new OH NO!

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 0:53 
SavyGamer

yeah there's a couple of hints that new security guy is the albino Klingon, or at least it's the same actor. They're credited as two different people, and the Klingon actor doesn't actually exist. One of the producers made a reference to Jekyll and Hyde with him, which works on two levels. One is dual personalities, but also the security guy played Jekyll/Hyde in penny dreadful.

Wouldn't be the first time Trek uses one actor for two characters though.

Stamets could be mirror Stamets too, given that mirror thing that happened.

Cool nod: the mushroom killer in Hannibal, also by Bryan Fuller was called Stametts, and Stamets in STD is using mushrooms too

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:44 

MaliA wrote:

Riverdale is being released an episode per week. I’m not so interested that I can remember what happens week to week so I’m going to have to wait until they’ve all aired so I can watch them all at once.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:48 
Rude Belittler

LewieP wrote:
yeah there's a couple of hints that new security guy is the albino Klingon, or at least it's the same actor. They're credited as two different people, and the Klingon actor doesn't actually exist. One of the producers made a reference to Jekyll and Hyde with him, which works on two levels. One is dual personalities, but also the security guy played Jekyll/Hyde in penny dreadful.

Wouldn't be the first time Trek uses one actor for two characters though.

Stamets could be mirror Stamets too, given that mirror thing that happened.

Cool nod: the mushroom killer in Hannibal, also by Bryan Fuller was called Stametts, and Stamets in STD is using mushrooms too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Stamets

Also, slightly unfortunate abbreviation for the new Star Trek series. Apt from the episode I saw.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:53 
Gogmagog

Mimi wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Riverdale is being released an episode per week. I’m not so interested that I can remember what happens week to week so I’m going to have to wait until they’ve all aired so I can watch them all at once.

With Riverdale, the plot is incidental if it doesn't involve Cheryl.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:55 
EvilTrousers

We're 4 episodes into Discovery and really enjoying it so far. It seems to have remembered to have a sense of humour in the more recent episodes which stops it being too po-faced, which I thought it was going to be at one point - especially those first scenes with all the exposition and forced humour.

The Klingon woman reminds me so much of Camille in Red Dwarf I keep getting distracted by it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 15:02 
Sleepyhead

I got weirded out when they did swearing though.

Didn't seem right.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 16:18 
UltraMod

Curiosity wrote:
I got weirded out when they did swearing though.

Didn't seem right.

Another clue it's probably the mirror universe.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 18:12 
Decapodian

Mimi wrote:
MaliA wrote:

We're saving them up to be able to plow through quickly as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 21:50 

Really enjoying this so far..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 22:02 
Decapodian

It’s great, and The Orville is proving to be a real treat too. It’s TNG with more humour.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:29 
Meh

I bloody love The Orville.
Also enjoying Star Trek.
Expected one to be bad.
Pleasantly surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 18:11 
SavyGamer

Great ending for the first run of episodes with the latest episode.

There's definitely some mirror universe shenanigans going on. Not sure if they've been in the mirror universe, or are now in there, but there's something going on. Lorca is obviously hiding something about the mirror universe.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:42 

Being off work for a bit, i thought i would catch up on the other Star Trek.

Watched Voyager up to ep 2 of season 3.

What order should you watch them in... Say Do you watch 'TNG' to season 5, then DS9 for a few, then Voyager. Or does it not really matter?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

1 ENT Broken Bow
2 ENT Fight or Flight
3 ENT Strange New World
4 ENT Unexpected
5 ENT Terra Nova
6 ENT The Andorian Incident
7 ENT Breaking the Ice
8 ENT Civilization
9 ENT Fortunate Son
10 ENT Cold Front
11 ENT Silent Enemy
12 ENT Dear Doctor
13 ENT Sleeping Dogs
14 ENT Shadows of P'Jem
15 ENT Shuttlepod One
16 ENT Fusion
17 ENT Rogue Planet
18 ENT Acquisition
19 ENT Oasis
20 ENT Detained
21 ENT Vox Sola
22 ENT Fallen Hero
23 ENT Desert Crossing
24 ENT Two Days and Two Nights
25 ENT Shockwave, Part I
26 ENT Shockwave, Part II
27 ENT Carbon Creek
28 ENT Minefield
29 ENT Dead Stop
30 ENT A Night in Sickbay
31 ENT Marauders
32 ENT The Seventh
33 ENT The Communicator
34 ENT Singularity
35 ENT Vanishing Point
36 ENT Precious Cargo
37 ENT The Catwalk
38 ENT Dawn
39 ENT Stigma
40 ENT Cease Fire
41 ENT Future Tense
42 ENT Canamar
43 ENT The Crossing
44 ENT Judgment
45 ENT Horizon
46 ENT The Breach
47 ENT Cogenitor
48 ENT Regeneration
49 ENT First Flight
50 ENT Bounty
51 ENT The Expanse
52 ENT The Xindi
53 ENT Anomaly
54 ENT Extinction
55 ENT Rajiin
56 ENT Impulse
57 ENT Exile
58 ENT The Shipment
59 ENT Twilight
60 ENT North Star
61 ENT Similitude
62 ENT Carpenter Street
63 ENT Chosen Realm
64 ENT Proving Ground
65 ENT Stratagem
66 ENT Harbinger
67 ENT Doctor's Orders
68 ENT Hatchery
69 ENT Azati Prime
70 ENT Damage
71 ENT The Forgotten
72 ENT E²
73 ENT The Council
74 ENT Countdown
75 ENT Zero Hour
76 ENT Storm Front, Part I
77 ENT Storm Front, Part II
78 ENT Home
79 ENT Borderland (1)
80 ENT Cold Station 12 (2)
81 ENT The Augments (3)
82 ENT The Forge (1)
83 ENT Awakening (2)
84 ENT Kir'Shara (3)
85 ENT Daedalus
86 ENT Observer Effect
87 ENT Babel One (1)
88 ENT United (2)
89 ENT The Aenar (3)
90 ENT Affliction (1)
91 ENT Divergence (2)
92 ENT Bound
93 ENT Demons (1)
94 ENT Terra Prime (2) Possible placement for upcoming Star Trek: Discovery
95 TOS The Cage Updates to follow
96 TOS Where No Man Has Gone Before
97 TOS The Corbomite Maneuver
98 TOS Mudd's Women
99 TOS The Enemy Within
100 TOS The Man Trap
101 TOS The Naked Time
102 TOS Charlie X
103 TOS Balance of Terror
104 TOS What Are Little Girls Made Of?
105 TOS Dagger of the Mind
106 TOS Miri
107 TOS The Conscience of the King
108 TOS The Galileo Seven
109 TOS Court Martial
110 TOS The Menagerie (Part I)
111 TOS The Menagerie (Part II)
112 TOS Shore Leave
113 TOS The Squire of Gothos
114 TOS Arena
115 TOS The Alternative Factor
116 TOS Tomorrow is Yesterday
117 TOS The Return of the Archons
118 TOS A Taste of Armageddon
119 TOS Space Seed
120 TOS This Side of Paradise
121 TOS Devil in the Dark
122 TOS Errand of Mercy
123 TOS The City on the Edge of Forever
124 TOS Operation:Annihilate!
125 TOS Catspaw
126 TOS Metamorphosis
127 TOS Friday's Child
128 TOS Who Mourns for Adonais?
129 TOS Amok Time
130 TOS The Doomsday Machine
131 TOS Wolf in the Fold
132 TOS The Changeling
133 TOS The Apple
134 TOS Mirror, Mirror
135 TOS The Deadly Years
136 TOS I, Mudd
137 TOS The Trouble with Tribbles
138 TOS Bread and Circuses
139 TOS Journey to Babel
140 TOS A Private Little War
141 TOS The Gamesters of Triskelion
142 TOS Obsession
143 TOS The Immunity Syndrome
144 TOS A Piece of the Action
145 TOS By Any Other Name
146 TOS Return to Tomorrow
147 TOS Patterns of Force
149 TOS The Ultimate Computer
149 TOS The Omega Glory
150 TOS Assignment:Earth
151 TOS Spectre of the Gun
152 TOS Elaan of Troyius
153 TOS The Paradise Syndrome
154 TOS The Enterprise Incident
155 TOS And the Children Shall Lead
156 TOS Spock's Brain
157 TOS Is There No Truth in Beauty?
158 TOS The Empath
159 TOS The Tholian Web
160 ENT In a Mirror, Darkly, Part I
161 ENT In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II
162 TOS For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
163 TOS Day of the Dove
164 TOS Plato's Stepchildren
165 TOS Wink of An Eye
166 TOS That Which Survives
167 TOS Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
168 TOS Whom Gods Destroy
169 TOS The Mark of Gideon
170 TOS The Lights of Zetar
171 TOS The Cloud Minders
172 TOS The Way to Eden
173 TOS Requiem for Methuselah
174 TOS The Savage Curtain
175 TOS All Our Yesterdays
176 TOS Turnabout Intruder Animated Series inserts here if so desired
177 MOV Star Trek: The Motion Picture
178 MOV The Wrath of Kahn
179 MOV The Search for Spock
180 MOV The Voyage Home
181 MOV The Final Frontier
182 MOV The Undiscovered Country
183 TNG Encounter at Farpoint c
184 TNG The Naked Now
185 TNG Code of Honor
186 TNG The Last Outpost
187 TNG Where No One Has Gone Before
188 TNG Lonely Among Us
189 TNG Justice
190 TNG The Battle
191 TNG Hide and Q
192 TNG Haven
193 TNG The Big Goodbye
194 TNG Datalore
195 TNG Angel One
196 TNG 11001001
197 TNG Too Short a Season
198 TNG When The Bow Breaks
199 TNG Home Soil
200 TNG Coming of Age
201 TNG Heart of Glory
202 TNG The Aresenal of Freedom
203 TNG Symbiosis
204 TNG Skin of Evil
205 TNG We'll Always Have Paris
206 TNG Conspiracy
207 TNG The Neutral Zone
208 TNG The Child
209 TNG Where Silence Has Lease
210 TNG Elementary, Dear Data
211 TNG The Outrageous Okona
212 TNG Loud as a Whisper
213 TNG The Schizoid Man
214 TNG Unnatural Selection
215 TNG A Matter of Honor
216 TNG The Measure of a Man
217 TNG The Dauphin
218 TNG Contaigon
219 TNG The Royale
220 TNG Time Squared
221 TNG The Icarus Factor
222 TNG Pen Pals
223 TNG Q Who?
224 TNG The Samaritan Snare
225 TNG Up the Long Ladder
226 TNG Manhunt
227 TNG The Emissary
228 TNG Peak Performance
229 TNG Shades of Gray
230 TNG Evolution
231 TNG The Survivors
232 TNG The Ensigns of Command
233 TNG Who Watches the Watchers?
234 TNG The Bonding
235 TNG Booby Trap
236 TNG The Enemy
237 TNG The Price
238 TNG The Vengance Factor
239 TNG The Defector
240 TNG The Hunted
241 TNG A Matter of Perspective
242 TNG The High Ground
243 TNG Deja Q
244 TNG Yesterday's Enterprise
245 TNG The Offspring
246 TNG Sins of the Father
247 TNG Allegiance
248 TNG Captian's Holiday
249 TNG Tin Man
250 TNG Hollow Pursuits
251 TNG The Most Toys
252 TNG Sarek
253 TNG Menage a Troi
254 TNG Transfigurations
255 TNG The Best of Both Worlds, Part I
256 TNG The Best of Both Worlds, Part II
257 TNG Family
258 TNG Brothers
259 TNG Suddenly Human
260 TNG Remember Me
261 TNG Legacy
262 TNG Reunion
263 TNG Future Imperfect
264 TNG Final Mission
265 TNG The Loss
266 TNG Data's Day
267 TNG The Wounded
268 TNG Clues
269 TNG Devil's Due
270 TNG First Contact
271 TNG Galaxy's Child
272 TNG Night Terrors
273 TNG Identity Crisis
274 TNG The Nth Degree
275 TNG Qpid
276 TNG The Drumhead
277 TNG Half a Life
278 TNG The Host
279 TNG The Mind's Eye
280 TNG In Theory
281 TNG Redemption, Part I
282 TNG Redemption, Part II
283 TNG Darmok
284 TNG Ensign Ro
285 TNG Silicon Avatar
286 TNG Disaster
287 TNG The Game
288 TNG Unification, Part I c
289 TNG Unification, Part II c
290 TNG A Matter of Time
291 TNG New Ground
292 TNG Hero Worship
293 TNG Violations
294 TNG The Masterpiece Society
295 TNG Conundrum
296 TNG Power Play
297 TNG Ethics
298 TNG The Outcast
299 TNG Cause and Effect
300 TNG The First Duty
301 TNG Cost of Living
302 TNG The Perfect Mate
303 TNG Imaginary Friend
304 TNG I, Borg
305 TNG The Next Phase
306 TNG The Inner Light
307 TNG Time's Arrow, Part I
308 TNG Time's Arrow, Part II
309 TNG Realm of Fear
310 TNG Man of the People
311 TNG Relics c
312 TNG Schisms
313 TNG True-Q
314 TNG Rascals
315 TNG A Fistful of Datas
316 TNG The Quality of Life
317 TNG Chain of Command, Part I
318 TNG Chain of Command, Part II
319 DS9 Emissary c
320 DS9 Past Prologue
321 DS9 A Man Alone
322 DS9 Babel
323 TNG Ship in a Bottle
324 DS9 Captive Pursuit
325 TNG Aquiel
326 DS9 Q-Less
327 TNG Face of the Enemy
328 DS9 Dax
329 TNG Tapestry
330 DS9 The Passenger
331 TNG Birthright, Part I c
332 TNG Birthright, Part II
333 DS9 Move Along Home
334 DS9 The Nagus
335 TNG Starship Mine
336 TNG Lessons
337 DS9 Vortex
338 DS9 Battle Lines
339 DS9 The Storyteller
340 TNG The Chase
341 TNG Frame of Mind
342 TNG Suspicions
343 DS9 Progress
344 TNG Rightful Heir
345 DS9 If Wishes Were Horses
346 TNG Second Chances
347 DS9 Dramatis Personae
348 DS9 The Forsaken
349 DS9 Duet
350 TNG Timescape
351 DS9 In the Hands of the Prophets
352 TNG Descent, Part I
353 TNG Descent, Part II
354 DS9 The Homecomming (1)
355 DS9 The Circle (2)
356 DS9 The Siege (3)
357 TNG Liaisons
358 TNG Gambit, Part I
359 TNG Gambit, Part II
360 DS9 Cardassians
361 DS9 Invasive Procedures
362 TNG Interface
363 TNG Phantasms
364 DS9 Melora
365 TNG Dark Page
366 DS9 Rules of Acquisition
367 DS9 Necessary Evil
368 TNG Attached
369 TNG Force of Nature
370 DS9 Second Sight
371 DS9 Sactuary
372 TNG Parallels
373 DS9 Rivals
374 DS9 The Alternate
375 TNG Inheritance
376 TNG Homeward
377 TNG The Pegasus
378 ENT These Are the Voyages... c
379 DS9 Armageddon Game
380 TNG Sub Rosa
381 TNG Lower Decks
382 DS9 Paradise
383 DS9 Whispers
384 DS9 Shadowplay
385 TNG Thine Own Self
386 TNG Masks
387 DS9 Playing God
388 TNG Eye of the Beholder
389 DS9 Profit and Loss
390 TNG Genesis
391 DS9 Blood Oath
392 TNG Journey's End
393 DS9 The Maquis, Part I
394 DS9 The Maquis, Part II
395 TNG Firstborn c
396 TNG Bloodlines
397 DS9 The Wire
398 TNG Emergence
399 DS9 Crossover
400 TNG Preemptive Strike
401 DS9 The Collaborator
402 DS9 Tribunal
403 TNG All Good Things…
404 DS9 The Jem'Hadar
405 DS9 The Search, Part I
406 DS9 The Search, Part II
407 DS9 The House of Quark
408 DS9 Equilibrium
409 DS9 Second Skin
410 DS9 The Abandoned
411 DS9 Civil Defense
412 VOY Caretaker c
413 DS9 Meridian
414 VOY Parallax
415 DS9 Defiant c
416 DS9 Fascination
417 DS9 Past Tense, Part I
418 DS9 Past Tense, Part II
419 VOY Time and Again
420 DS9 Life Support
421 DS9 Heart of Stone
422 VOY Phage
423 DS9 Destiny
424 VOY The Cloud
425 DS9 Prophet Motive
426 VOY Eye of the Needle
427 DS9 Visionary
428 VOY Ex Post Facto
429 VOY Emanations
430 VOY Prime Factors
431 DS9 Distant Voices
432 MOV Generations c
433 VOY State of Flux
434 DS9 Through the Looking Glass c
435 VOY Heroes and Demons
436 DS9 Improbable Cause (1)
437 DS9 The Die is Cast (2)
438 VOY Cathexis
439 DS9 Explorers
440 VOY Faces
441 DS9 Family Business
442 VOY Jetrel
443 DS9 Shakaar
444 VOY Learning Curve
445 VOY Projections
446 DS9 Facets
447 DS9 The Adversary
448 VOY The 37's
449 VOY Initiations
450 VOY Elogium
451 VOY Non Sequitur
452 DS9 The Way of the Warrior (Part I, II) c
453 VOY Twisted
454 DS9 The Visitor
455 DS9 Hippocratic Oath
456 VOY Partutition
457 DS9 Indiscretion
458 VOY Persistence of Vision
459 VOY Tattoo
460 VOY Cold Fire
461 DS9 Rejoined
462 VOY Maneuvers
463 DS9 Starship Down
464 DS9 Little Green Men
465 DS9 The Sword of Kahless
466 VOY Resistance
467 DS9 Our Man Bashir
468 DS9 Homefront (1)
469 DS9 Paradise Lost (2)
470 VOY Prototype
471 VOY Death Wish c
472 VOY Alliances
473 DS9 Crossfire
474 VOY Threshold
475 DS9 Return to Grace
476 VOY Meld
477 VOY Dreadnought
478 VOY Lifesigns
479 VOY Investigations
480 VOY Deadlock
481 DS9 Sons of Mogh
482 DS9 Bar Association
483 DS9 Accession
484 VOY Innocence
485 DS9 Rules of Engagement
486 DS9 Hard Time
487 DS9 Shattered Mirror
488 VOY The Thaw
489 DS9 The Muse
490 VOY Tuvix
491 DS9 For the Cause
492 VOY Resolutions
493 DS9 To the Death
494 DS9 The Quickening
495 DS9 Body Parts
496 DS9 Broken Link
497 VOY The Basics, Part I
498 VOY The Basics, Part II
499 DS9 Apocalypse Rising
500 DS9 The Ship
501 VOY Sacred Ground
502 VOY False Profits
503 VOY Flashback c
504 VOY The Chute
505 VOY Remember
506 VOY The Swarm
507 DS9 Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places
508 DS9 …Nor the Battle to the Strong
509 DS9 The Assignment
510 DS9 Trials and Tribble-ations c
511 VOY Future's End, Part I
512 VOY Future's End, Part II
513 DS9 Let He Who is Without Sin…
514 DS9 Things Past
515 VOY Warlord
516 DS9 The Ascent
517 VOY The Q and the Grey
518 DS9 Rapture
519 DS9 The Darkness and the Light
520 VOY Macrocosm
521 VOY Fair Trade
522 VOY Alter Ego
523 DS9 The Begotten
524 DS9 For the Uniform
525 VOY Coda
526 VOY Blood Fever
527 MOV First Contact c
528 DS9 In Purgatory's Shadow
529 DS9 By Inferno's Light
530 VOY Unity
531 VOY Darkling
532 DS9 Doctor Bashir, I Presume c
533 VOY Rise
534 DS9 A Simple Investigation
535 DS9 Business as Usual
536 DS9 Ties of Blood and Water
537 VOY Favorite Son
538 DS9 Ferengi Love Songs
539 DS9 Soldiers of the Empire
540 DS9 Children of Time
541 VOY Before and After
542 VOY Real Life
543 VOY Distant Origin
544 VOY Displaced
545 DS9 Blaze of Glory
546 VOY Worst Case Scenario
547 DS9 Empok Nor
548 VOY Scorpion, Part I
549 VOY Scorpion, Part II
550 VOY The Gift
551 DS9 In the Cards
552 DS9 Call to Arms
553 VOY Day of Honor
554 VOY Nemesis
555 VOY Revulsion
556 DS9 A Time to Stand
557 DS9 Rocks and Shoals
558 DS9 Sons and Daughters
559 DS9 Behind the Lines
560 DS9 Favor the Bold
561 DS9 Sacrifice of Angels
562 VOY The Raven
563 VOY Scientific Method
564 DS9 You are Cordially Invited…
565 VOY Year of Hell, Part I
566 VOY Year of Hell, Part II
567 DS9 Resurrection
568 VOY Random Thoughts
569 DS9 Statistical Probabilities
570 VOY Concerning Flight
571 DS9 The Magnificent Ferengi
572 DS9 Waltz
573 VOY Mortal Coil
574 VOY Message in a Bottle
575 VOY Waking Moments
576 DS9 Who Mourns for Morn?
577 DS9 Far Beyond the Stars
578 DS9 One Little Ship
579 VOY Hunters
580 DS9 Honor Among Thieves
581 DS9 Change of Heart
582 VOY Prey
583 VOY Retrospect
584 VOY The Killing Game (Part I)
585 VOY The Killing Game (Part II)
586 DS9 Wrongs Darker than Death or Night
587 DS9 Inquisition
588 DS9 In the Pale Moonlight
589 VOY Vis a Vis
590 VOY The Omega Directive
591 DS9 His Way
592 VOY Unforgettable
593 DS9 The Reckoning
594 VOY Living Witness
595 DS9 Valiant
596 VOY Demon
597 DS9 Profit and Lace
598 VOY One
599 DS9 Time's Orphan
600 VOY Hope and Fear
601 DS9 The Sound of her Voice
602 DS9 Tears of the Prophets
603 VOY Night
604 VOY Drone
605 VOY Extreme Risk
606 VOY In the Flesh
607 VOY Once Upon a Time
608 VOY Nothing Human
609 VOY Timeless c
610 DS9 Image in the Sand
611 DS9 Shadows and Symbols
612 DS9 Afterimage
613 DS9 Take Me Out to the Holosuite
614 DS9 Chrysalis
615 DS9 Treachery, Faith, and the Great River
616 DS9 Once More Unto the Breach
617 DS9 The Siege of AR-558
618 VOY Thirty Days
619 DS9 Covenant
620 VOY Infinite Regress
621 VOY Counterpoint
622 DS9 It's Only a Paper Moon
623 DS9 Prodigal Daughter
624 VOY Latent Image
625 VOY Bride of Chaotica
626 DS9 The Emporor's New Cloak
627 VOY Gravity
628 DS9 Field of Fire
629 VOY Bliss
630 DS9 Chimera
631 VOY The Disease
632 DS9 Badda-Bing Badda-Bang
633 DS9 Inter Arma Silent Leges
634 VOY Course: Oblivion
635 VOY Dark Frontier (Part I, II)
636 VOY The Fight
637 VOY Think Tank
638 DS9 Penumbra
639 DS9 'Til Death Do Us Part
640 DS9 Strange Bedfellows
641 DS9 The Changing Face of Evil
642 DS9 When it Rains…
643 DS9 Tacking into the Wind
644 DS9 Extreme Measures
645 DS9 The Dogs of War
646 DS9 What You Leave Behind
647 MOV Insurrection
648 VOY Juggernaut
649 VOY Someone to Watch Over Me
650 VOY 11:59
651 VOY Relativity
652 VOY Warhead
653 VOY Equinox, Part I
654 VOY Equinox, Part II
655 VOY Survival Instinct
656 VOY Barge of the Dead
657 VOY Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy
658 VOY Dragon's Teeth
659 VOY Alice
660 VOY Riddles
661 VOY One Small Step
662 VOY The Voyager Conspiracy
663 VOY Pathfinder c
664 VOY Fair Haven
665 VOY Tsunkatse
666 VOY Blink of an Eye
667 VOY Virtuoso
668 VOY Collective
669 VOY Memorial
670 VOY Spirit Folk
671 VOY Ashes to Ashes
672 VOY Child's Play
673 VOY Good Shepherd
674 VOY Fury
675 VOY Live Fast and Prosper
676 VOY Life Line c
677 VOY Muse
678 VOY The Haunting of Deck Twelve
679 VOY Unimatrix Zero, Part I
680 VOY Unimatrix Zero, Part II
681 VOY Drive
682 VOY Repression
683 VOY Imperfection
684 VOY Critical Care
685 VOY Inside Man c
686 VOY Body and Soul
687 VOY Nightingale
688 VOY Flesh and Blood (Part I, II)
689 VOY Shattered
690 VOY Lineage
691 VOY Repentance
692 VOY Prophesy
693 VOY The Void
694 VOY Workforce, Part I
695 VOY Workforce, Part II
696 VOY Human Error
697 VOY Q2
698 VOY Author, Author
699 VOY Friendship One
700 VOY Natural Law
701 VOY Homestead
702 VOY Renaissance Man
703 VOY Endgame
704 MOV Nemesis
705 MOV Star Trek

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:30 
Unpossible!

Aye. That'll do it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:55 

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:56 
SavyGamer

No. TOS, TOS movies, TNG, TNG movies, DS9, ENT, STD.

Don't bother with voyager. Enterprise is probably skipable too.

Edit: I guess slipping in the new movies between ENT and STD couldn't really hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 13:00 

LewieP wrote:
No. TOS, TOS movies, TNG, TNG movies, DS9, ENT, STD.

Don't bother with voyager. Enterprise is probably skipable too.

Edit: I guess slipping in the new movies between ENT and STD couldn't really hurt.

I think you are misunderstanding my question, but thanks.

Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next