Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Lovely Fags
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 13:54 

What ciggies do the smokers smoke? I smoke Regal King Size but I'm starting to go off them. I think I've had a bad couple of packets or something, but they're tasting rank recently. What should I smoke instead? Answers soon please - I'm off to the shop in a bit :)

Also, no smoking debates please! This thread is for the discussion of smoking by smokers. Ithankyou.

Post subject: Re: Lovely Fags
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 13:59 
Honey Boo Boo

As a non-smoker, I can't really say. Those occasions when I have had cause to smoke (incredibly drunk) I've greatly preferred Marlboro Lights over pretty much all others (including Lamberts, which Viz quite rightly pointed out are like smoking a Biro)

But again, I don't really know much - the one time I smoked a proper 'red' Marlboro, I felt much like I'd imagine I'd feel if I'd just snorted a kilo of cocaine. :) :arrow: 8) :arrow: :spew:

For the last few weeks, I've had a mad craving for a cigar.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 14:09 

Ahhh Marlboro Red, the choice of champions. Well, incredibly hardcore folk.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 14:18 
Honey Boo Boo

Anyway, I don't have a suggestion for you, but I've heard Silk Cuts are 'good'. Many smokers that I've known rolled their own, which was frustrating when you were trying to get off when them in a club and she's constantly rolling with a little filter hanging out of her mouth.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 14:31 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

MetalAngel wrote:
I've heard Silk Cuts are 'good'.

Indeed. If you like not realising you're actually smoking.

I'm a marlboro lights man, red if I feel like it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 14:37 

Silk Cuts are like smoking air. I decided to opt for the Marlboro lights. They're a bit of a poser's cigarette, though, so I may return to the mighty Regal after this packet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 14:46 
Chinny chin chin

jonarob wrote:
Silk Cuts are like smoking air. I decided to opt for the Marlboro lights. They're a bit of a poser's cigarette, though, so I may return to the mighty Regal after this packet.

Real men smoke a pipe.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 15:41 
WARK!

I thought this was going to be a thread about me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 16:59 
Most Excellent Pagan Wench

Ew.
I quit 4 years ago. yay.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 17:35 
Vile.

I mainly roll my own, but if I could afford fags on a regular basis; it'd be Rothmans king size, then Marlie reds and then Craven A...

Whenever I do buy them it tends be Richmond or Pall Mall though, for they are the cheapest...

and I'm a cheap tart.

Gash
x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 18:34 
lazy eye patch

Sovereign. Occasionally dallied with Marlboro (/Lights), and B&H, but I'm 'stuck' now. If possible though I try and buy (or have sent) as many packets of Winstons as I can from a certain other country, which are my favourite, and cheap and not full of formaldehyde and stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 19:37 
INFINITE POWAH

I quit about 5 or 6 years ago. I was a Marlboro Lights chap, with the occasional Benny Hedgehogs or Regal if the people I was cadging off didn't have Marly Lights. I also smoked a pipe in my final year at university as the Austrian chap (who was also a Buddhist Monk - when he was in his proper robes it looked a bit odd, as he looked like a 6 foot 4 skinhead Nazi) I shared a flat with smoked them, and his mum sent over packets of this gorgeous Austrian pipe tobacco which tasted like butterscotch.

I do have a cigar about once every six months on average (usually at weddings), as they're ace, and make you look cool.*

*Cigarettes do not do this. No. They. Don't.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 20:25 
Gogmagog

Embassy No. 1s, or, Luck Strikes.

ATM I am gagging for a fag but resisting. Mrs A does not understand that Mariokart stops cravings more THAN SCRABBLE EVER FUCKING WILL!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 20:40 
Rude Belittler

Mr Chris wrote:
I do have a cigar about once every six months on average (usually at weddings), as they're ace, and make you look cool.*

I am now imagining Mr Chris popping up at random weddings to have a cigar.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 21:07 
Time Out for Fun

camel naturals are the finest Ive ever had, tabs without all the extra shite chemicals in them, fiver for 20 in asda.
also quite like marlboros, any really, marlboro mediums being the best but Ive only seen 1 shop sell them.
Theres an american brand called parliament but nowhere sells them in the UK from what ive seen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 21:24 
lazy eye patch

I like all of those, Runcle - not tried those Camels, but I like imported ones which don't have the crap in. Do they go out if you don't keep smoking them?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 21:24 

Oooh, Camel Naturals sound good. I do like Camel Lights, like. Only I have to go all the way to Tesco to get them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 21:33 
Time Out for Fun

Not sure if they do go rotten, I brought 200 back from lanzarote last summer and im a pretty casual somker and they didnt seem differen over the couple of month i smoked them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 21:40 
lazy eye patch

No mate, do they go OUT? ;) Our fags have chemicals in to keep them burning even if you're not smoking. For some fucking reason.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 21:41 
lazy eye patch

I'll bet it's so a 'fag break' could be forced down to just a few minutes, or something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 22:17 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I was a B&H man when I smoked.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 22:25 
INFINITE POWAH

Grim... wrote:
I was a B&H man when I smoked.

You mean on the odd occasions when the hand-rolled Cuban cigars ran out, right?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 22:44 
Time Out for Fun

CUS wrote:
No mate, do they go OUT? ;) Our fags have chemicals in to keep them burning even if you're not smoking. For some fucking reason.

ah rite i presumed they were used to preserve them, anyway i cant remember having any problems with them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 22:47 
Honey Boo Boo

I think they do go out thanks to sneaky chemicals - I remember being at a LAN party many years ago and was completely sloshed on Stella so when we went to the offy I drunkenly bought some Marlboro Lights, and found that if I put them in the ashtray for even a few moments they were burned down almost to the filter. Meanwhile, those had rolled their own found they just went out where they'd been left and could be resumed quite happily.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 22:48 
BETEO voice of unreason

When I smoked, Drum rollies were the best. Always prefered hand rolled, plus they were cheaper. Marlboro Reds when I felt like it though.

Got dumped once, years ago, and on the evening smoked 3 packs of Marlboros in about 5 hours, literally chain smoking. Felt like I couldn't breathe for a few days after that...

Townes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 22:57 
Best
Board Mother

SteONorDar wrote:
When I smoked, Drum rollies were the best.

I read that as Drum Lollies, thought you meant Drumsticks for a second!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 23:03 
INFINITE POWAH

SteONorDar wrote:
When I smoked, Drum rollies were the best. Always prefered hand rolled, plus they were cheaper. Marlboro Reds when I felt like it though.

Ooooh, yes. I forgot I used to smoke those too. And Golden Vagina.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 23:43 
Excellent Member

I'm still prone to the occasional drunken smoke, but when I smoked Proper it was Silk Cut. Purple originally, then switched to silver (honestly, you may as well just breathe heavily for a minute) in a misguided attempt to wean myself off.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 23:45 
INFINITE POWAH

swizpig wrote:
I'm still prone to the occasional drunken smoke, but when I smoked Proper it was Silk Cut. Purple originally, then switched to silver (honestly, you may as well just breathe heavily for a minute) in a misguided attempt to wean myself off.

Seriously dude, in that case you never really smoked - you just breathed bad air every now and then.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 23:49 
Skillmeister

My father died of lung cancer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 23:50 
INFINITE POWAH

I'm torn between making a joke like " so what did he smoke then", commiserating or just shutting up.

Latter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 23:57 
Skillmeister

He stopped smoking in 1983, but the doctors say it was this that killed him. So carry on, by all means. I've already tried to get Jim to give up over there, but I've now given up that as a lost cause. Maybe when his loved ones are sitting around his bedside watching him breathe his last painful gasps he might change his mind. Because that was fucking horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:00 
INFINITE POWAH

Dimrill wrote:
He stopped smoking in 1983, but the doctors say it was this that killed him. So carry on, by all means. I've already tried to get Jim to give up over there, but I've now given up that as a lost cause. Maybe when his loved ones are sitting around his bedside watching him breathe his last painful gasps he might change his mind. Because that was fucking horrible.

Honestly, preaching to the choir here. Quite 6 years ago. One family member died from lung cancer. I'm still worried that I'll die because of the 5 or 6 years I smoked when I was, basically, a kid. I would honestly like to go back and beat the shit out of my younger self.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:10 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Aye. Seeing my Grandad on his death bed, when I was 7 or 8 made me realise quite what it does. He was rigged up to tubes everywhere, his voice was just noise, he couldn't move without someone pulling a canister of oxygen with him.

I could never put my family through seeing that happen to me even if I thought smoking was the bestest thing ever. And if any of my family decided they would put me through it...well, I won't be the one helping out and being there all the time when it all goes wrong.

But hey, please enjoy your death-sticks, if that's what you want to do...you're all big boys. :hat:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:11 
Skillmeister

Sorry, I didn't mean to preach etc to the general public at large. Everyone's free to do what they please as far as I'm concerned. I'm only mentioning this to try and remind a friend of a conversation we had last October, and to try and spare him the same pain as my Father went through.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:13 
INFINITE POWAH

Sheepeh wrote:
I could never put my family through seeing that happen to me even if I thought smoking was the bestest thing ever. And if any of my family decided they would put me through it...well, I won't be the one helping out and being there all the time when it all goes wrong.

No, no you would, because, I assume, you're a nice bloke[ess]. But you'd hate them for it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:19 

Really, without treading on toes or being offensive, this thread is about smoking cigarettes, flavours etc. If I started a thread about lovely food, I'd be annoyed if it got sidetracked on obesity and stuff, and this is the same thing. Well, even worse because smoking is a hot potato, and something I wanted to avoid arguing/getting serious about.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:21 

jonarob wrote:
Also, no smoking debates please! This thread is for the discussion of smoking by smokers. Ithankyou.

My first post. Please, start a new thread for the debating stuff. I'm not wanting to be ignorant to what you're all saying, but a 28 page thread on the evils of smoking is not what I wanted this to be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:21 
Skillmeister

And please read my above post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:29 

Yeah I read it! I was just saying to everyone really, because the last few posts have the makings of a massive sidetrack. I'm not trying to be an arsehole, I just want it to stay on topic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:31 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

I'm very easy going, unless I think that I'm dealing with something that either a) is because of someone else, or b) nothing to do with me. I try and talk to anyone about their "habit" if it effects me, and if they choose to not get help with it then so be it.

In my specific case, my parents are late 40s, early 50s and have never smoked, and my sister hates it. My girlfriend gave up before I met her, and if she hadn't we wouldn't be going out now...it's a reet turn off so it is.

I should possibly clarify that if someone were on their deathbed due to smoking related crap, I would of course be there in some form...but I won't allow someone else's informed choices to do something that has a known effect impact my life in that way. I know it sounds cold, and my opinions could possibly change if actually confronted with the situation...but I hope it'd never actually come to that.

On topic : I sometimes passively smoke Golden Virginia rollies when at Shewolfs Mum's house. They are very cheap (free, in fact). Seems to be a constant supply, too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:43 
lazy eye patch

If I am smoking roll-ups, these days it tends to be Golden Virginia or Drum, no other.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 0:59 
UltraMod

In that case, CUS should stop smoking and Dimrill should stop drinking. Then we'd all be sorted.

Ish.

To try to keep this on-topic, when I last properly smoked (four years ago), I used to smoke Camel Lights.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:07 
lazy eye patch

Only if Grim... agrees to give up the snuff.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:45 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

I smoke the Marlboro Reds which I returned to after about five years on the roll ups, prior to which I used to smoke Marlboro Reds. I went back as Bulgaria is the smoing capital of the world it seems and ciggies are much easier to get hold of than rolling tobacco which when you can get hold of it is nasty american stuff. Anyways I must give up when I get back to the UK...How can anyone afford to smoke anymore?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:47 

I smoke Drum roll ups with swan slim filters. All proper fags taste horrible, really rough and dry tasting.

I'd quit until everything went to shit last week too, I'll quit again this week.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:10 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

There's a proper "smoking" shop just down the road from my office. Every time I walk past, I have an urge to buy a big Sherlock Holmes style pipe. Not even to smoke it, just to sit in my leather arm chair pretending to be a Victorian gentleman.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:11 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Nothing in the world smells better than a proper tobacconist's shop.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:12 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Craster wrote:
tobacconist

Thats the word I was looking for!

They also do cut-throat razors and big badger hair shaving brushes. I'm tempted by them as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:13 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Squirt wrote:
big badger hair shaving brushes.

Real men use an actual badger.

Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next