Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 23:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Spotify - Free music streaming thingy
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 17:40 
Thanks

Well mine is 95% tracks off Chopley's Awesome Playlist, or tracks that have been on Chopley's Awesome Playlist.

The other 5% are duplicate artists, thus would not be permitted on Chopley's Awesome Playlist.

Seriously, it's that close that at first I thought it'd just randomly selected tracks from Chopley's Awesome Playlist, and added the title Your Time Capsule.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:29 
Soopah red DS

Yep, pretty good for me, but much of it is by artists that are on my main playlist now, like Chopley.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:53 
Thanks

Hit a total blank on Spotify last night with a band called 'TREES', it's not that they don't have the licensing for them, Spotify just doesn't seem to know they ever existed.

They were an English folk rock band that only existed for three years between 1970-1973, and released a grand total of two albums.

My dad had one of the albums on vinyl and I listened to it when I was a child, and really liked it. Unfortunately it eventually became so scratched as to be unlistenable, and I made a mental note I'd try and buy it one day, but as the years passed I never saw the album in any record stores anywhere. (I later found out that they hadn't been particularly commercial successful, and vinyl for the albums was never produced in any great numbers.)

Fast forward to the INTERNET AGE and I was able to get hold of both of their albums in the late 90s on CD, from memory there was a CD run of them in 1996. (In fact, checking Amazon it looks like they got another run in 2008.) Then about 13 years ago I ripped our CD collection to MP3 (a task which took weeks....) so I've had them readily available as MP3s since then.

Shame I can't add a track of theirs to Chopley's Awesome Playlist on Spotify though.

Anyway, I'd very much recommend TREES, their two albums are called THE GARDEN OF JANE DELAWNEY and ON THE SHORE.

Attachment:
Screenshot 2017-10-06 at 07.53.47.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:07 
Sleepyhead

You can add your own music to your own Spotify collection. Just do that; there are loads of bands with nothing on there.

Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13