Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: The Battlestar Galactica Series 4 thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:37 
Excellent Member

No real spoilers as of yet...

Just watched the first episode of series 4 on Yo-ho-ho vision. Frack me but it was fucking awesome. Back with the good old apocalyptic dread, unrelenting urgency, epic myth and sense of scale far beyond its budget. The special effects seem to have been kicked up another notch as well, with a truly awe-inspiring and gripping space battle.

And Baltar is still hilariously fucked up. After a patchy second half to series 3, I'm fully confident that this show is truly back on top form - for good.*

MR ABOUT TO EXPLODE WITH PANICKY DELIGHT FACE

So, anyone seen it?

*Touch wood.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

Post subject: Re: The Battlestar Galactica Series 4 thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 16:04 
Isn't that lovely?

nervouspete wrote:
No real spoilers as of yet...

Just watched the first episode of series 4 on Yo-ho-ho vision. Frack me but it was fucking awesome. Back with the good old apocalyptic dread, unrelenting urgency, epic myth and sense of scale far beyond its budget. The special effects seem to have been kicked up another notch as well, with a truly awe-inspiring and gripping space battle.

And Baltar is still hilariously fucked up. After a patchy second half to series 3, I'm fully confident that this show is truly back on top form - for good.*

MR ABOUT TO EXPLODE WITH PANICKY DELIGHT FACE

So, anyone seen it?

*Touch wood.

/Malc fires up something that will allow me to watch this later today.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 0:23 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Finally got up to Ep3 (which has just finished on Sky). Fuck, it's good stuff.

Geek spoiler (Ep 2):
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
When the centurions shoot the other cylons, the sound effect has been lifted from the bit in Aliens where Ripely shoots all the eggs. I'll upload some exciting video tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:36 
EvilTrousers

[Ep3] The shot of the
Centurion cleaning up with a bloody rag reduced from revolutionary ally to cleaning duty in the blink of an eye
had shades of the other animals watching the pigs playing cards in Animal Farm.

Fucking brilliant television.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:53 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Ep2 was excellent, the best episode of the show I've seen in a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:11 
Excellent Member

And episode 3 is so savage and sad it hurts. :'(

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:52 
Excellent Member

Also, I love the new Cylon robot look. They seem a lot shinier and more real than in previous series, and a lot more fluid. I like how they seem to have body-language now too.

AND THEY HAVE GUNS FOR HANDS.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:07 
Legendary Boogeyman

I wish to point out something nerdy about episode 3. Non-spoilerific, so rest easy.

Did anyone else notice that the hatch door of the 'meeting place' said 1701-D on it? I'm sure this wasn't accidental ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:11 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I want to have a chat about the final five Cylons, and we're far enough in to do away with the spoiler tags, I reckon. Stop reading if you haven't seen all of series three, fool!

Okay.
I've got a few niggling points about the four cylons who could hear the music. For starters, I don't get how Saul Tigh can be a cylon. He fought alongside Adama in the first Cylon war, and you've got to assume that there weren't any hidden cylons then, as they didn't use any (and I believe that fact has been alluded to by the cylons themselves in the series).
Also, Chief Tyrol and Cally (noooo!) have a baby which is a cylon cross, which the cylons don't seem to care about.
Finally, the cylon raiders can detect the hidden cylons but Sharon/Boomer/Number Eight/Athena/whoever can't?
And thinking about it, what happened to Boomer's kid ([edit]Hera, that's the one)? Everyone seems to have forgotten about her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:11 
Excellent Member

Yeah, I noticed.

Me am :nerd:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:26 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... wrote:
Also, Chief Tyrol and Cally (noooo!) have a baby which is a cylon cross, which the cylons don't seem to care about.

Because they don't know it's a cross, not knowing that the Chief is a cylon?

I'm guessing that their kid will actually be the one that's super-important, not Hera.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:27 
Legendary Boogeyman

Grim... wrote:
Okay.
I've got a few niggling points about the four cylons who could hear the music. For starters, I don't get how Saul Tigh can be a cylon. He fought alongside Adama in the first Cylon war, and you've got to assume that there weren't any hidden cylons then, as they didn't use any (and I believe that fact has been alluded to by the cylons themselves in the series).
Finally, the cylon raiders can detect the hidden cylons but Sharon/Boomer/Number Eight/Athena/whoever can't?
And thinking about it, what happened to Boomer's kid ([edit]Hera, that's the one)? Everyone seems to have forgotten about her.

They've got some explaining to do, that's for certain. Perhaps we have to assume that Tigh is a replacement of an original human? That would work.

The baby issue is a bit wonky, they made such a retardedly big deal of the first baby, and loads of weird insinuation that Balthar would 'be the father' in some context, with loads of God references, and now that's all fallen by the wayside. Now there's more Cylon-human babies and nobody is thinking too hard about it.

The weird issue with the Cylons is the assumption of an 'Original Programmer'. Now, we presume this can't be a standard 'Warrior' from the first cyclon war, because if it was it'd be weird for it to create human-esque cylons and keep his fellow warriors as they are. Does this mean the original designer is a human? If so, where the fuck is he?

It's all a bit strange. I certainly hope they've got some masterplan for explaining all this shit. And if Starbuck isn't a cylon too, they're going to have a devil of a time explaining the resurrection thing too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:34 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

ComicalGnomes wrote:
The baby issue is a bit wonky, they made such a retardedly big deal of the first baby, and loads of weird insinuation that Balthar would 'be the father' in some context, with loads of God references, and now that's all fallen by the wayside.

He has just fucked another Cylon though, hasn't he?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:40 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... wrote:
He has just fucked another Cylon though, hasn't he?

Now you're getting close to spoiler territory :0)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 
Excellent Member

Grim... wrote:
I want to have a chat about the final five Cylons, and we're far enough in to do away with the spoiler tags, I reckon. Stop reading if you haven't seen all of series three, fool!

Yup, spoilers apply here too for my answers to Grim...'s excellent questions. See episode 3 before reading beyond paragraph 3.

First of all, I think it a mistake to simply assume that all cylons are the same. They're not, they're radically different. The final five are different to the previous models, they aren't simply additional models. They have only one body, there are no copies. They possibly have false memories stretching back before their appearance, as emotional cushions. Not even the regular cylons know why they're there. The question is - what is their purpose? I strongly doubt they are there for the destruction of the human fleet. They are there to be a catalyst for something, and to effect a major change. I know not what though. Could they be the manifestations of the cylon soul? Could they be the only cylons with a soul? Tory's seems painted pretty black if that's the case.

The final five were too deep in cover to be detected prior to the activation song in the Nebula. So they couldn't be noticed before then.

After the nebula: Anders is the only final five to have been detected by the main cylon fleet. This came about due to the fact that he was threatened by death from a raider. Some hidden switch flicked in the raider telling it to scan Anders, and seeing he was final five, withdrew. Up to that point, a direct kill had not been made. That's why boomer didn't notice, because she didn't need to know. If the final five HAVE to survive and all threats be negated, this could explain Tory's violence. But personally I just think she's the warped element of the final five composite soul.

The cylons don't know that there is a hybrid kid, but the Final Five do. Again, they're not exactly like other cylons and it is a mistake to attribute the same goals and personalities to them. Did Tory kill Cally to ensure the child's survival from an 'unstable' mother? No, again, I think she's just a bitch.

CALLY! NOOOO! :'( You made me smile with your dislike of jumps, now you are dead. It's like Billy all over again. :'(

Saul didn't fight alongside Adama. They met after the war in a bar. They both had shared experiences though. Saul's could either have been fake memory or he could have actively fought, but been in a position where cylons would unconciously spare him due to final five status. I like to think it's the latter, because breaking robo-cylon necks is pretty hardcore, Mr Tigh. Saul Tigh is the main reason why I think the final five are something entirely other, and a sort of evolutionary jump for the cylons - and I love the character too much to consider him a robot. He has a soul.

Either:

A: There were hidden cylons back then. The final five have always been about as part of the 'All this has happened before, and will happen again' cycle. They are the constant chain through the repeated story of Earth, exile, judgement and day and rebirth.

B: False memories again. They were made some years ago before the war (remember the human models could have come up to 30 or so years ago, they were developing the technology in Razor's Adama flashback) and again have emotional cushioning in the form of false memory. I prefer option A, as it is more epic and fits in to the mystical eternal story idea. I view BSG as part magical, as well as sci-fi. Or science so advanced as to be indistinguishable from magic.

I assume the Hera's daughter question will be addressed very soon. Not like them to do hints towards it though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:42 
lazy eye patch

ComicalGnomes wrote:
The baby issue is a bit wonky, they made such a retardedly big deal of the first baby, and loads of weird insinuation that Balthar would 'be the father' in some context, with loads of God references, and now that's all fallen by the wayside. Now there's more Cylon-human babies and nobody is thinking too hard about it.

Yes. So assuming that the Chief and others are indeed really Cylons, then the lack of explicit references to Hera is, I think, a deliberate bit of misdirection and artifice on the part of the writers. If they went "Previously on Battlestar Galactica: Hera! It's a girl! Then: I love you Chief. I love you Callie. It's a baby! OMG I'm a Cylon! BUT WHAT ABOUT MY BABY?" then it'd lose all the intriguing subtlety.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:42 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm fostering a real dislike for that new cylon bitch. 'Oooh I feel so new, so different', yeah yeah, shut the fuck up you repressed weirdo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:50 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Shall we say no discussing anything that hasn't been shown on Sky? I think that's fair enough, spoiler-wise.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:56 
Legendary Boogeyman

It would be hard to do otherwise. It's aired in the US on the Friday, and the same ep goes out in the UK on a Monday? Tuesday? Short window to download it and spoil for the rest ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Tuesday.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:06 
Legendary Boogeyman

It's funny actually, prior to this ep I had been seperately wondering what had happened to Cally, as she really hadn't appeared for a while. She never really appeared in it that much anyway, except for that one episode where they crashed on a planet somewhere and she had to shoot stuff. I forget.

Anyway, I wonder if we'll ever find out what the hell is going on with the Six that Balthar 'sees' on a regular basis, and how the hell it links to the *real* Six seeing a version of Balthar, and what the bastard hell is going on with Balthar seeing a version of Balthar now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 0:45 
Excellent Member

Top- notch!

I had a cynical friend over who likes Star Wars and hates Star Trek and Stargate with a passion. Especially Stargate. I'd been mouthing off for a while about BSG being good, but he didn't trust me - despite me being indifferent to Star Trek and hating Stargate with equal passion. Anyway, I fed him a top film (Night of the Hunter) and a top meal (chorizo and black pudding salad with white wine) and then showed him two BSG clips. One of an epic recent space battle and one of a lot of shouting and then Centurions acting all violent with hands-for-gun action. He was well impressed! Said how it looked way higher budget - almost movie like - and completely different to how he expected, and how he would be watching now. This is a big concession from an avowed sci-fi hater. Though he did watch Quantum Leap at High School. So he was probably impressed with the revelation that Dean Stockwell was in it.

I am drunk, incidently. Yay! :)

It was a fucking awesome meal. And he also watched Spaced, which he had not really seen before.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 21:37 
lazy eye patch

Episode 4 of this series is one of the ballsiest pieces of television I've ever seen. I do applaud.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 22:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Grim... wrote:
Shall we say no discussing anything that hasn't been shown on Sky? I think that's fair enough, spoiler-wise.

No spoilz, CUShead!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 22:55 
lazy eye patch

Grim... wrote:
No spoilz, CUShead!

I see you've wasted no time in installing new special word filters. I can't seem to trigger it though.

Is "ballsy" a spoiler now?

Look, I was having a lovely dinner, and I said to my wife, "Darling, this piece of halibut is really ballsy-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 0:31 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

-" and she said "That's not halibut, that's my POONAAAAAAN!"

I best go to bed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 0:32 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... wrote:
I best go to bed.

:this:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 15:12 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Uh-oh - what do I put on the TV tonight? GTA4 or BSG4?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 15:14 
lazy eye patch

BSG4. It's that good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 16:40 
Excellent Member

Yes, BSG4.

I keep getting really vivid dreams about BSG. Last night it involved being part of a resistence team on New Caprica being run by Seth Green from a farm house in the woods, and there was a Cylon encampment nearby. Everyone was armed with paintball guns, including the cylons - but because they had guns for hands, theirs were far harder and could kill on rapid fire. Callie in an epic scene crashlanded near the farm, joined the team, but turned out to be a cylon in a really disturbing way, betraying us and showing the cylons the way in. It all got a bit slow-mo Samuel Barber Adagio for strings by the end.

Most incredible bit was looking down the valley at the distant plain and seeing the big cylon troop transports take off and land, with a big moon in the sky and the beached-whale wrecked hulls of broken Battlestars spread across the land.

I tend to have two epic BSG dreams a week now, despite not thinking about it overly during the daytime. It's completely mad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 16:43 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I'm really enjoying series 4, it's really great telly.

I do, however, still have a massive problem with the fact that
Starbuck has sex with men and Apollo doesn't fly spaceships any more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:08 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I... wasn't massively impressed with episode 4. I was good, don't get me wrong, but CUS had perhaps hyped it up too much.
I wanted him to get poked in the 'eye' :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:26 
lazy eye patch

What? I said it was ballsy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:30 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

It was that. Directed by Adama too, apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:01 
Legendary Boogeyman

That man is lucky that his authoritative voice compensates (just about) for his mangled, pocked face. Seriously, what happened to that guy? Did he spend his life shaving with a rusty blade?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:02 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

He looked about the same in Blade Runner.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:11 
Excellent Member

Ah, Galactica fans! About the show of last night...

Athena!

Well, I don't care actually.

I liked the way Beth (is that her name?) died. *donk* :D

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:47 
Legendary Boogeyman

Good BSG ep, but as usual, they'd better be going somewhere with all this.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:49 
Excellent Member

So was Beth a cylon?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 18:47 
I forgot about this - how vain

Bumpty bump.

Just got up to date (pushed through half of season 3 and all to date of season 4) Love Film makes renting seasons an exercise in frustration (but I must repay them for generating such wonders).

So the next episode is the final one before the mid season break (till 2009 apparently) all down to the writers strike.

WARNING! Titler style* observations and intensely nerdy musings speculations and SPOILERS follow. Purely posted so we can laugh at how wrong I was in 2009.

So out of the final four I find Tryol (the engineer) the most interesting because of the whole Eye of Jupiter thing. He "knew" where it was. I can't think of any moments the others had that was like (or have I forgotten something?) That coupled with the 7 saying that the 5 know the way to earth means that he has memories of the journey the 13th tribe took.

Secondly on the base ship one of the Boomer models (I forget their number) took the memories of the Agathon model. So that implies that Tryol could have got the memories like that when he was made.

Obviously because I'm a big-o atheist I'm hoping the conclusion doesn't actually have a "God is real LOL" style conclusion (or a wanky open-to-interpretation one) and so that view point is colouring my views, but it seems clear that the Humans polytheistic religion and Cylons Monotheistic religion are both based on corruptions of same actual events. And both indicate that these events are cyclic.

Assuming that their Earth is our Earth, and that Human life did evolve here, then rather than being the 13th tribe then Kobol isn't Humanities original home. According to wikipedia:

Quote:
According to Colonial religious scriptures, humans lived on Kobol side-by-side with their Gods, the Lords of Kobol. An unspecified conflict between the Gods, referred to as "one jealous god" that turned on his brethren, spurred the humans of the time to flee Kobol onboard the Galleon, a spacefaring ship of unknown construction, in the face of "The Blaze" (assumed to be some sort of nuclear warfare). It was said that, for any who return, Kobol would exact a price paid in blood.

So I would say that the Gods were Cylons (probably the Final 5) - humans and cylons colonised Kobol and lived in peace after leaving earth (in our future, and BSG distant, distant past). The "jealous" god (the final cylon?) caused a conflict and the humans all left.

It makes sense that an isolationist group would say "fuck all this - lets go back to earth" cut all ties with the others and fuck off.

And on top of that we have a Human/Original 7 Cyclon baby and a Human/Final Five Cylon baby so interbreeding is possible. And so on Kobol where humans and cylons lived in harmony you would expect *lots* of inbreeding. Maybe the Angry Kobol God (and now Cylon God) was angered by this impurity and that caused the split.

So everyone is a hybrid to some extent. That would explain The Presidents visions and maybe even Starbuck.

But didn't the 12 colonies make the cylons? In a case of reiventing the wheel the 12 colonies remade the tinpot men - who we exploited as slaves. They rebelled and then pissed off into the galaxy to become free. We assume they bootstrapped themselves up into the 7 models. But I don't think they did. I think when exploring the galaxy (maybe whilst looking for their Cylon God(s) they found the 7 who re-enslaved them. That would tie into the Animal Farm style moments of the rebellion. (And would lead to the real innocents of the show turning out to be the Tinpot Cylons)

Going off the deep end even more, there are references to the journey to earth being a process that keeps repeating, so maybe we on Earth practically destroyed ourselves (and earths enviroment) so much so that we could only keep ourselves alive via increasing mechanised cloning or something, becoming more and more mechanical and cylon like). As such we went to live out in space. But maybe we buried a subroutine/desire to "will" ourselves back to earth every few thousand years to check to see if it is habitable yet.

Which would go some way to explain why the religious text of the colonies details what the people who left them did - which assumes they came back.

Addition So in summary I think that because of the Jupiter temple and the Final Five knowing about it implies that at least in some respects the four are the caretakers or routemasters of earth. Sleepers periodically sent back to the colonies to 'encourage' the humans and cylons to come back to earth and "make up."

The fifth Cylon doesn't want that happen maybe and is the angry God of Kobol.

If Baltar was one of the five then he would have destroyed the colonies to 'force' them to come back and make up. Or he could be the Fifth Cylon/Angry God figure. Still he is a bit obvious as a choice...

Sorry for that...
*un-clique-me-do: comments in tremendous detail about things you already know.

EDIT: I've added a little at the bottom - I think it's the nerdiest thing I've ever written.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 13:52 
Excellent Member

The entire notion of disassociative projection (the Opera House, Baltar) means that everybody could be the same race playing some huge evolutionary role playing game ala The Invisibles. Brrr.

I wouldn't mind God being in the end result, as long as it was suitably mind shattering, subversive and epic and beautiful. Basically head-fuckingly reminding us who God is supposed to be, and not some bloke in a beard who throws angry laws at us from time to time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 13:56 
Legendary Boogeyman

What still upsets me mightily is the suggestion that the Cylon models are 'toasters', because they're clearly not. It's been well established even early on that it's impossible to tell by standard medical examination that one of them isn't human, and also the fact they're capable of shagging and having kids with humans does rather suggest they are just human, albeit humans engineered by Cylons (or the 'creators', whoever they are), making them no different really.

The advantages of being a cylon are a bit wonky too. In some instances we've seen great strength and endurance from the models, and at other times they appear as frail as the average human. Certainly, none of the 'Final Five' have ever shown nifty strength skills, or anything.

As far as this ressurection hub business goes, even if the one that is floating around space is destroyed, why is that the end of cylons everywhere? Presumably they can build another hub, and what about all the cylons back on the original planets of the 12 colonies?

Are we supposed to believe that all the cylons are now in space and relying on one ressurection ship? It's just NOT EXPLAINED WELL ENOUGH.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 14:33 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
What still upsets me mightily is the suggestion that the Cylon models are 'toasters', because they're clearly not. It's been well established even early on that it's impossible to tell by standard medical examination that one of them isn't human, and also the fact they're capable of shagging and having kids with humans does rather suggest they are just human, albeit humans engineered by Cylons (or the 'creators', whoever they are), making them no different really.

I think it's one of the strengths of the show that Cylons aren't evil, evil. And the humans aren't good good. I think it's kinda like a palastine/israel holy land stand off that will eventually end up with them making peace with each other.

Especially as
The President is being a complete dick a lot of the time and especially as the humans show no remorse for enslaving the tin can cylons. After all in season 4
once they've been given back their free will the tin can cylons have been the purest "goodist" faction in the show. Acting altruistically to protect the raiders and the hive minds.

I think Baltars conversation with them will bring about an important change

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 15:46 
Excellent Member

On the notion of the Cyclons not being evil, I have this theory that...

The Cylons are aware of "the plan", or the cyclic nature of their history, and keep trying to nudge it along. However - as machines with child-like inexperience of human nature - they keep getting it wrong. So, they know that they are eventually destined to live in harmony with humanity, so settle on New Caprica and try to enforce peace. They understand the plan literally, but don't understand how to achieve it. Moreover, I don't think they're supposed to try to force events along. Destiny takes its course without intelligent intervention.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 16:04 

That makes sense.
Though I like stylistically the idea of fragments religous histories making people war when otherwise they wouldn't. So I would only keep it as partial recollection.

Wasting some time on wikipedia it appears in the Razor movie that I haven't seen it implies that ship hybrids were the step between tin can and the 7 - so maybe the tin cans (I've forgotten what they are properly called) did make the human models.

I actually feel really bad for the metal cylons now. Poor fuckers manage to escape their creators and their slaverly then promptly become creators themselves and so get enslaved again.

Poor bastards.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 23:59 
lazy eye patch

Lave wrote:
I think it's kinda like a palastine/israel holy land stand off that will eventually end up with them making peace with each other

Erm, take 5 points just because I'd been pondering this possibility myself, sir. I shall award myself 5 points also, I think.
The adventures of the human survivors, since day one, has been increasingly like the search for a holy land of their own, most obviously. Not able to stick around for too long before their oppressors turn up and move them on. And! The first episode is titled '33'. I realise this might not seem significant, but I think it's as significant as All Along The Watchtower playing, and the 'This has all happened before, this will all happen again' theme throughout all of BSG. Symbolism, but no direct mapping e.g. I'm glad Roslin's surname isn't Pilate...

The only thing that's thrown a spanner in my theories thus far is the death of Beth. Then again, Bethlehem has already born forth its special child. Eh? Eh?

Also, from this week's ep on Sky:
Baltar. Injured. Splayed out, dying from the gaping wound inflicted in his side by a centurion. O RLY!!!??

I love series 4!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 21:18 

Oh My God
The Last Episode Is Awesome
So Very Awesome
Awesome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 22:54 
Isn't that lovely?

I've just watched ep10 of season 4, and yeah. I really wasn't sure what would happen at all at any minute.

I do wonder where they are going to go with this scorched earth tho

Malc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 22:59 
lazy eye patch

Lave wrote:
Oh My God
The Last Episode Is Awesome
So Very Awesome
Awesome

:this:

Anyone stuck on the duller bits of season 3 - it's worth it! So worth it. Amazing show, in some ways.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:00 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Sky seem to have stopped at ep 8 - Sine Qua Non. Something to do with the writers' strike?

Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next