Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Torchwood thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:24 

This'll be asleep for ten months in about four days...

But wasn't that season finale a belter? I never thought it could be that good! Nice arial shots of Cardiff, too. Newport road FTW! Home of Maplins, my office, Burger King, Sainsbury's and sundry ragamuffins, amongst whom I ply my trade.

Post subject: Re: The Torchwood thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:03 
Where are you?

Goatboy wrote:
But wasn't that season finale a belter?

I didn't think so. I think it could have been, but it felt, oddly, really rushed and also painfully drawn out. Presumably down to budget, the action elements of the show were over far too quickly, and the explosions should have been a cliffhanger on a two-parter. However, the killing off of characters was painfully drawn out. As I posted on the other place:

Quote:
15 minutes of action that should have been over at least one episode, followed by about 46 hours of "LOOK! We're writing out TWO major characters!" Yes. We know. Just get the fuck on with it.

Not bad overall, but that series still desperately needs a decent show runner, a script editor with some actual power, and a lead who can actually act. Still, it was actually worth watching, bar two awful episodes, unlike Ashes to Ashes, which I just totally gave up on.

Torchwood has been a surprise. The first series was dire, and I thought the second season would be, too, but it picked up and became, at worst, watchable, and often quite good, despite shoddy acting and plot holes. I still don't see why there's a desperate need to shoe-horn in at least one gay reference in every single episode, but there you go.

Post subject: Re: The Torchwood thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 18:24 
lazy eye patch

I did mostly like it, but it wasn't quite right. See as said above by CG, aye.

Still, this season was 73% better than the first, and I'm actually looking forward to the next one. I never thought I'd say that.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]