And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Counselling...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:07 

Shin wrote:
Oh....oh dear. It happens though.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I wouldn't blame Lady Zio to be honest though, I'm sorry if that sounds horrible but that's an honest opinion. She has been very good if she's stuck around and tried to help you out. You defo need to speak to someone about it though as it's a biiig decision. Is psycho-lady keeping the baby? Do you have any views on whether she does or doesn't? And will she let you have any input in the childs life?

Not sure why I'm spoilering this... shame, I guess.

I wouldn't blame her in the slightest. I don't want that to happen, but then I shouldn't have been such a twat. As for pyscho-lady, yes, she's keeping it. She told me "I was a good guy and didn't deserve this" and that she would "make things right", so went to an abotion clinic with me, had the consultation, booked an appointment for the treatment, then suddenly and dramatically decided that she's pro-life and can't kill a baby. I mean, I would've felt bad about doing that... but the alternative?

It's all a long, involving and boring story. I probably seem a total arsehole whose getting what he deserves from the snippets I've mentioned, but it really is not as straightforward as that. And my greivance is not money or anything like that, it's that someone I wanted to get away from is now permanently tied to me and that she has, it feels, stolen something very special from me, that being my right to have a normal family life when I felt ready to do so. And what this is all going to do to my family.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:12 
Not to be confused with elbow

Zio wrote:

I wouldn't blame her in the slightest. I don't want that to happen, but then I shouldn't have been such a twat. As for pyscho-lady, yes, she's keeping it. She told me "I was a good guy and didn't deserve this" and that she would "make things right", so went to an abotion clinic with me, had the consultation, booked an appointment for the treatment, then suddenly and dramatically decided that she's pro-life and can't kill a baby. I mean, I would've felt bad about doing that... but the alternative?

It's all a long, involving and boring story. I probably seem a total arsehole whose getting what he deserves from the snippets I've mentioned, but it really is not as straightforward as that. And my greivance is not money or anything like that, it's that someone I wanted to get away from is now permanently tied to me and that she has, it feels, stolen something very special from me, that being my right to have a normal family life when I felt ready to do so. And what this is all going to do to my family.

Well, I'm spoilering since I've just found out how to do it (another thick moment for me wondering 'how do they do that?')

Right,

1, I don't think you are an asshole. Noone is perfect and lovely, no matter how much they make themselves out to be. EVERYONE makes mistakes
2, My ex partner did the same as you, I stuck by him aswell
3, If you need to talk about it you can PM me or talk via MSN or something. If not I'll just continue on here if you like.
4, It isn't the end of the world. But she should think about the things long-term rather than seemingly trying to find a way to trap you.
5, Another thing- Don't be a fool, wrap your tool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:26 

Shin wrote:

5, Another thing- Don't be a fool, wrap your tool

:DD

Psycholady (as she is from now-on affectionately known) and I were originally together for over 5 years. We used the exact same contraceptive methods then with no problems, ever. The thing is that when it happened, I immediately knew it had been a mistake and said so, I mean we'd only met up as friends, not a date or anything. She told me not to worry, it was just a bit of fun, etc. However, when she later found out that myself and my current lady were back together, she went a bit mad, told me that I'd really hurt her and made it pretty clear that she had intended for us to get back together. Which is why I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt that this is a completely freak accident, but I have suspicions, particuarly with regards the timing of all this.

Blimey, I won't need counselling if I keep spilling the beans on here. Stu was right about this place being Emo Central! :attitude:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:37 

Do you actually know for certain that she's up the duff?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:48 

GazChap wrote:

I have seen irrefutable evidence that this is the case, yes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:52 
INFINITE POWAH

Zio wrote:
GazChap wrote:

Have you seen irrefutable proof that you're the reason? I'd be wanting overflowing amounts of that, tbh, although I appreciate the more definitive proof will have to wait until after the fact, as it were.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:53 
Gogmagog

Zio wrote:
GazChap wrote:

At major fucking risk of sounding like an utter cunt here:

Are you abosfuckinglutel100%SURE that it is yours.

This is terribly important right now. And get that sorted, stat.

Also, I don't think you're a twat at all. In my mind, you're a good decent guy, and I'm sure that themost excellent Mrs Zio will come around to that soonest.

People make mistakes, it happens.

Chill out, brah.

EDIT, Fuck you, Mr Chris, I aws being human for a moment there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:58 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

I would say,
the one thing you have to consider in this is that you do not HAVE to be with her. I know it might not be the best choice socially, but fuck that, it is your life.

Also, as has been said, make sure you are telling her now you are going to get a paternity test, just to give her chance to consider things, it may jog her memory a bit. (I know someone who had this done to them, and it wasn't his child, so not exactly happy with this sort of thing.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:59 
INFINITE POWAH

Hey, I can post a picture of Ross from Friends shouting "WE WERE ON A BREAK" if it'll help, mali.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:59 
Gogmagog

Mr Chris wrote:
Hey, I can post a picture of Ross from Friends shouting "WE WERE ON A BREAK" if it'll help, mali.

Admittedly, it was my first thought, and I had a slight giggle to myself over it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 17:17 

Mr Chris wrote:

I have indeed considered having all necessary tests done, but I have no real reason to think that it isn't mine. The mother-to-be has always been somewhat manipulative, which is one of the reasons I left her in the first place, but I think that having another gentleman supply the goods might be one psycho move too far for her.

I'm more worried about my dear old parents at the moment TBH. My dad really liked the slightly-psycho-ex in question and didn't speak to me for three months when we broke up. Considering I had to move in with them as a result of that, it made things very difficult. My brother assures me that, having briefly spoken to my Dad, this won't be the case this time, but still. I can't see them being exactly pleased for me.

I don't ever like to speak ill of anyone, but I have developed a rather passionate dislike for my ex after this. I did a lot for her after we broke up that I didn't need to, to make sure she got to keep the flat we shared and to make sure she came out of it all alright. It's left me in chronic debt and it put so much strain on the relationship I had afterwards that it was a primary reason why myself and the Current Lady Zio broke up. We got back together literally three weeks ago as we felt confident we could try again without the previous baggage dragging us down!

O TEH IRONIES!!111!!1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 17:20 
Gogmagog

Zio wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

I have indeed considered having all necessary tests done, but I have no real reason to think that it isn't mine. The mother-to-be has always been somewhat manipulative, which is one of the reasons I left her in the first place, but I think that having another gentleman supply the goods might be one psycho move too far for her.

I'm more worried about my dear old parents at the moment TBH. My dad really liked the slightly-psycho-ex in question and didn't speak to me for three months when we broke up. Considering I had to move in with them as a result of that, it made things very difficult. My brother assures me that, having briefly spoken to my Dad, this won't be the case this time, but still. I can't see them being exactly pleased for me.

I don't ever like to speak ill of anyone, but I have developed a rather passionate dislike for my ex after this. I did a lot for her after we broke up that I didn't need to, to make sure she got to keep the flat we shared and to make sure she came out of it all alright. It's left me in chronic debt and it put so much strain on the relationship I had afterwards that it was a primary reason why myself and the Current Lady Zio broke up. We got back together literally three weeks ago as we felt confident we could try again without the previous baggage dragging us down!

O TEH IRONIES!!111!!1

I bolded the important parts, in case you are in any doubt about seeing the wood for the trees....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 17:47 
Not to be confused with elbow

Looks like Zio's going to be entering the BEEX house aswell then. I'll have to mooch round for a place big enough on the 16th then.

Have a proper chat about this situation with Lady Z and explain all about the strain on the relationship and such, she may hate you for it, but being honest will save you as it's not good when someone is kept in the dark.

And as for your family-they should be supportive no matter what x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 22:10 
Peculiar, yet lovely

This is not a no-win situtaion. Dust will settle and you'll find you can work this out peacefully without making your life a misery or abandonining anyone, or tying yourself to a mental bastard. If you get tied to anything, it's to the sprog, not the ex. Just get those feelings of guilt out - separate what needs to be done from what you feel, if you can. Guilt can cripple a person wether it's called for or not. Right now it's useless - you know you screwed up, and your lady is standing by you. You can work that out. As for the kid, don't feel guilty. These things happen.

It's obvious you care and want to do what's right just from how much it's messing you up. You don't have to beat yourself up to prove it, least of all over imagined future mistakes. And you're already trying to do the right thing by going for counselling so your problems won't get in the way so much.

Just keep going. Don't think of her as an ex - think of her as a surrogate if it helps - she's an adult and can take care of herself, and this is every bit as much her fault as it is yours (and I'm inclined to say more so given her manipulative nature and a fair bit of experience with some quite messed up women). All you're obliged to do is try to help the kid out. And that's easy for at least the next few months.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 0:40 

Well, I told the folks this evening and haven't been shown the door or screamed at. This is all good. In fact, they were very, very good about it all. This alone feels like a very major weight has lifted.

Also: once again this forum has proven itself to be beyond mere excellence, even if it is filled with the flotsam and jetsam of the 'Forum (previously) Most Full Of Cunts'. Thank you all!

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2