Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: My first PS3 experience...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:41 

Duck Turkin wrote:
The PS3 has plenty of games if you don't have any preconceived notions gleaned from Xbox360 fanboys. Personally, I see no reason at all to get a 360 (especially considering the terrible build quality). Still, as usual, it's more a question of taste, isn't it? Do I want more games that will eventually come out on the PC or proper console games? (see, us PS3 owners can generalise too!)

I own both machines.

It's not fanboyism that's meant my Ps3 is on virtually never.

I'd be interested to know what a "Proper console game" is. Because I can only think of a select few genuine big name exclusives on PS3 and all but 1 have equivalents on 360 or really can't possibly count but I'll let you go first there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 
Excellent Painter

Duck Turkin wrote:
The PS3 has plenty of games if you don't have any preconceived notions gleaned from Xbox360 fanboys. Personally, I see no reason at all to get a 360 (especially considering the terrible build quality). Still, as usual, it's more a question of taste, isn't it? Do I want more games that will eventually come out on the PC or proper console games? (see, us PS3 owners can generalise too!)

C'mon then, give us a list then!

I, like a lot of people on here, own both. I like the machine, it feels like a decent bit of kit.
However, the online aspect of it is crap at the moment. It all feels a little half baked to me. I've only once been bothered to play with it online and it took bloody ages to get it running. Even the shop and messaging service feels counter intuitive and frequently performs inconsistently or even contrary to what it did the last time you attempted to send a message to someone.
The controller is really really awful, IMO. It's completely ruining WipEout for me - there needs to be a progressive resistance to the the sticks, but it's all too weak and consequently difficult to control easily.
Basically, there's an air of smugness to the PS3 in the way that it's been put together as a package - It's been out a year in this country and there are still too many unresolved issues with it. The entire OS feels half finished.
I use mine mainly as a media player, truth be told, but got really pissed off that it doesn't support mkv.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 
That Rev Chap

I tried WipEout online and it was easy to get online and fun to race, but there seemed to be a weird bug with the race results. I'd come third, but it would say I came second, and stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:38 
Excellent Painter

I haven't tried it online yet. Mind, I had very little gaming time this weekend.

Also, you should be at home, you plonker :) Every graveyard is full of indispensable people.

Get some imodium and diorylite inside you, that'll do more than Lucozade.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:45 
That Rev Chap

DBSnappa wrote:
I haven't tried it online yet. Mind, I had very little gaming time this weekend.

Also, you should be at home, you plonker :) Every graveyard is full of indispensable people.

Get some imodium and diorylite inside you, that'll do more than Lucozade.

I've got some Immodium here just in case, but since Saturday evening I've not had a problem at that end.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:50 
Excellent Member

DBSnappa wrote:
Every graveyard is full of indispensable people.

CG was having a bad day.

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2