Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Big Tellys
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 20:10 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

Huzzah, as we speak a van is being dispatched with all my replacement console and gaming stuff from a secret location. Sometime in the near future (hopefully tomorrow) a card will arrive with lovely cash on it for me to replace my old 42" Plasma screen that got half inched yesterday.

So my question to you brothers and sisters is what should Morte get next in the 700-1000 area? Should it be a Plasma or a LCD? What make should it be? Or should he just go and see what's the most sparkly and lovely on the day?

Isn't insurance lovely, less than 24 hours after the initial call all my electronic stuffs been sorted (I assumed (after I found out I actually had contents insurance) that the whole process would take weeks). Now I just have my golf clubs and car to sort out.

Post subject: Re: Big Tellys
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 20:26 
Kindly deeds done for free

I haven't actually seen one of these in the flesh, but if I had £800 to drop on a new telly then this would be at the top of the "go and look at it in a shop" list:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/revie ... -LCD-TV/p1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 20:27 
Chinny chin chin

Morte wrote:
Huzzah, as we speak a van is being dispatched with all my replacement console and gaming stuff from a secret location. Sometime in the near future (hopefully tomorrow) a card will arrive with lovely cash on it for me to replace my old 42" Plasma screen that got half inched yesterday.

How the fuck did they nick a 42" plasma screen through your window? There had to be two of them. I've moved one of those before and they are (a) heavy and (b) dead easy to break.

That said, someone managed to walk out of TV Centre with a plasma a few years back. Never seen again. First they knew of it was on the CCTV afterwards!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 20:29 
making out to faces of death

Sony KDL40W4000 or 42 I guess. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 20:32 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Morte wrote:

How the fuck did they nick a 42" plasma screen through your window? There had to be two of them. I've moved one of those before and they are (a) heavy and (b) dead easy to break.

That said, someone managed to walk out of TV Centre with a plasma a few years back. Never seen again. First they knew of it was on the CCTV afterwards!

Ahhh...once in the house they proceeded to unlock all the doors in preparation for their exit. I keep the key in the lock as they can't be opened from the other side with a key in. Unfortunately this is effing useless if they've got in through a window that some arse has left open.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 20:35 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I reckon you should save your money, and give me £500 and a list of programmes, which I will dutifully watch and then transcribe with commentary for your amusement.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 20:49 

Who are your insurers? 24 hour turnaround is pretty impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 22:12 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

My mortgage is with the Leeds and Holbeck, the insurance comes with the mortgage and I think it's a bog standard Norwich Union policy. The company they in turn use is called iVal who seem to own the Powerplay website / distributors.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:29 
Sitting balls-back folder

I got a Sony KDL-46W4000 a couple of weeks ago. Stretch to it if you can, it's a great telly. Or wait for the W4500, which will add 100Hz for another £150 or so (I paid £1188). I wanted 100Hz, but don't really miss it - the glass and electronics are that good; at the moment there really is no competition.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:54 
making out to faces of death

See. You know you want a Sony W4000.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]