And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's everyone doing this bank holiday weekend
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 22:32 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Zardoz, when do we get to see baby Z?

Christ, give them a chance, they've only just got the first one out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 22:46 
Best
Board Mother

sinister agent wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Zardoz, when do we get to see baby Z?

Christ, give them a chance, they've only just got the first one out.

Funny guy. :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 22:51 
Excellent Member

I shall supervise Myoptika in the garden, tidy the house, make an organised pile of things in the spare room for going on holiday and go out with my girls for a drink on Sunday. I have the house to myself on Monday for a few hours. I wonder what to do with that time...

I shall also possibly be trying out my new bike. You know the saying about never forgetting how to ride a bike? Well, I forgot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 23:14 

devilman wrote:
Zio wrote:
Well... I suppose I do need to clean the rats out and do some dusting on Sunday

Do you shove a stick up their arse?

Pipe cleaners usually do the trick. Failing that, I just glue cotton wool to their tails and poke them up there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 23:17 

Pod wrote:
I only found out it was a bank holiday on monday 5 minutes before I left work. As a student I don't think I ever took heed of the bank holidays; they changed nothing. I would still need to do work on those days as well. Anyay, this weekend I will do exactly what I did last weekend: Nothing! Mainly because I don't know anyone and don't have a clue what there is to do around here and I don't fancy just randomly walking about. Also, my computer isn't even set up properly so I can't play any games or anything :(
:(

I fear I may live to regret this. But if you're not some weirdo psycho killer or something and fancy going for a pint one night, give us a shout as you're in the area. I've lived in the Hemel/Watford area all my life, but have recently managed to piss off enough people that I don't have any friends around here either right now!

Good times! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 23:41 
Excellent Member

Unless my camera comes back with a clean dust free sensor (well, low pass filter, technically) my planned photography trips are out the window. With those removed, my itinerary looks like this.

Saturday : Waking up early to have breakfast in the cafe at the bottom of the street.

Sunday : Going to the local chinese all you can eat thing for dinner.

Monday : Going over to some shitty annual "community event" over the park which we go to every year even though it's shit. However, I hear there's a car boot sale there this year.

Tuesday : Feeling sorry for all the people who're back at work. For approximately 6 seconds.

At least the missus is off Sunday, Monday and Tuesday as well or I'd feel positively hermit like.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 23:52 
Not to be confused with elbow

THOSE CATS ARE GORGEOS! Sorry for any typos, got blooy pissed didnt i? won pool thoghm completely did a flkey thing and kicked ass in! Kopperberg or whatever the hell it was is EVIL. i like it too much. I'll pt some pics of my kitties on tomoirrow....did anyone know that if yo see a yellow car you have to pnch someone on the arm?! what backwardsness is this?! i jst hit Pru when something yellow appeared...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:03 
Best
Board Mother

My kids used to do that...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:06 
Time Out for Fun

red car man. makes it more violent.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:11 
Chinny chin chin

Shin wrote:
THOSE CATS ARE GORGEOS! Sorry for any typos, got blooy pissed didnt i? won pool thoghm completely did a flkey thing and kicked ass in! Kopperberg or whatever the hell it was is EVIL. i like it too much. I'll pt some pics of my kitties on tomoirrow....did anyone know that if yo see a yellow car you have to pnch someone on the arm?! what backwardsness is this?! i jst hit Pru when something yellow appeared...

And still strangely more coherent than anything CUS was managing a few weeks back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:12 

I thought maybe it was a shropshire thing (has had a cp of tea and fingers are not flying so madly acros keys now)
we don;t do things like that in ambrosia county :s i dont understanf, i need a hand book. my shoklder hurts

EDITS: I am actually trying really really hard Chilly, all my brains are used on pool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:17 
Excellent Member

This is soooo all going to end in tears.

*grabs popcorn*

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:33 

92 posts in 2 days? That's got to be approaching CUS levels of activity, surely?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:35 

GazChap wrote:
92 posts in 2 days? That's got to be approaching CUS levels of activity, surely?
NINETY FUCKING TWO.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:35 

GazChap wrote:

She hasn't had an apparent (and spectacular) nervous breakdown unfold throughout her posts yet. She better fucking hurry up too, because I'm building up to be the next person that does this! :smug:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:39 

I'm a sad c*** so what do you expect? 100 by tomorrow, nice round number...I'm sure I was meant to do something imprtant tomorrow...fckery.

can't have a nervos break down really, i dont really do those-just plod along

i'm going to bed as i am making no sense...the cat wont get off the pillow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:40 
Chinny chin chin

richardgaywood wrote:
NINETY FUCKING TWO.

Can someone tell Richard(Happy - Ed)wood that Brian Blessed appears to have hacked his account.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:46 

chinnyhill10 wrote:
richardgaywood wrote:
NINETY FUCKING TWO.

Can someone tell Richard(Happy - Ed)wood that Brian Blessed appears to have hacked his account.
GORDON'S ALIVE?!?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:53 
Honey Boo Boo

Today (which is to say, Friday) - after finishing work, took an exceedingly circuitous route home to enjoy the weather, and instead nearly had a close encounter with the front of a bus taking a bend far too wide on a country road. Mowed lawn, drank a beer, finished off pack of pork scratchings, and struggled through more of Call of Duty 4 on Veteran. Am now at the utterly impossible bit on the penultimate level.

Tomorrow - Missus wants to go down to Cardiff Bay, I wanted to ride down to Ogmore, have ice cream and see the sheep and the sea. We'll see.

Sunday - Someone has arranged a birthday jaunt - a pub crawl around the Vale of Glamorgan by vintage bus. Trying to convince the missus to go.

Monday - No idea.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:28 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Stop being mean about CUS.

Also, aw, Shin censored "cunt". Bless.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:32 

sinister agent wrote:

Mine was a well-meaning jest. I may be alone in this, but I am genuinely a little concerned for our slightly-eccentric, post-whoring former-chum. I would welcome any news of him actually being okay, since he has declined to make any such comment to me himself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:17 
I forgot about this - how vain

You are not alone.

But he's still posting on WoS so don't worry.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:37 
Paws for thought

I just looked, he is indeed posting on WoS, and being so incredibly wrong about something. It's a good thing I don't post there anymore, as I'd probably actually end up in an argument over that.

As for me this weekend. More coding work. Usual sunday morning (Bass this week) followed by the usual rush to get home to watch the f1, followed by more coding work. Followed by yet more coding. My target for Wednesday has been horrifically missed. (My door incident on monday meant I rushed into something on tuesday to make up for the missed day. And that went horribly wrong, but I only properly realised that late wednesday.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:24 
I forgot about this - how vain

Talking of not posting here. I may try to avoid the place for a few weeks as my work is so dull that I'm procrastinating here which isn't helping. Maybe see you in a day, maybe a week or so. Probably when Castle Crashers comes out. Miss you.

Love to your mothers.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:12 
Best
Board Mother

Aww.:( Good luck wih it all Lave. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:29 
Chinny chin chin

Mr Dave wrote:
Usual sunday morning (Bass this week

What Mr Dave hasn't explained is that every Sunday morning he plays bass guitar in a Welsh Guns & Roses tribute band, "Guns & Daffodils". Along with his merry band (including Mr Chris as Slash) they tour old peoples homes banging out the hits for the over 70's. I believe they do a fantastic version of Sweet Child Of Mine which culminates with Mr Dave stage diving into the crowd of wheelchairs while on fire.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:12 

sinister agent wrote:

You're in trouble if it wasn't actually cunt :)

Also, petition that all future drunk posts by shin be made in audio form.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:14 

Dudley wrote:

Don't say this, this is embarrassing enough as it is :p

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:18 

*Mascara is all up on e side of her face* I hate Kopperberg...I can't do audio thank god and I have hidden my webcam from myself because I used to go on MSN and chat on there drunk. Well, I say 'chat' mostly it was arm flailing and falling off the chair, with random inserts where the cats walked over my inert form...

And it's all going to start again in...2 hours or so as Colmo wants me to check out a new bar...I think I may hide the laptop aswell

Oh Gareth, stop being prissy darling :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:26 
Excellent Member

GazChap wrote:
Dudley wrote:

Don't say this, this is embarrassing enough as it is :p

It could be worse. My ex was worse. It was mortifying at the time when she used to do the internet drunk. Silly tart.

Now, however, it's highly hilarious that she used to make a right fool of herself, and not in the drunken rambling kind of way.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:51 
Excellent Member

Zio wrote:
I would welcome any news of him actually being okay, since he has declined to make any such comment to me himself.

Hello. Zio - you're an idiot and your Facebook account has too high privacy settings for me to even view your account, never mind reply to you there. Thus this tedious alias. Yourself or whomever should just e-mail me at [email protected]. Except here I am saying "I'm entirely fine", so don't bother. And I've just called you an idiot. Well, what did you say above? Fair's fair.

Re: "You think that's baaaad, what about the time when CUS went insane". This is possibly the only forum on the internet where someone can say "Yeah, I'm trying to get banned, and have been for several months" - which is then later verified - and still have assorted mouth-breathers going "God, what was THAT all about?! What did he want?!" BETEO - separating the wordsearchers from the crossworders there.

Re: "And he's well mentil!" - I am entirely chipper and far better-adjusted than you, I would quite assuredly posit. In case you had worries - don't, please. I'm not the one who can't understand a "Please ban me" thread, for example. Mentalists. *pauses, waits for something to be said* No, it's never about you is it? Self-deluded mentalists, then. Mostly.

Me, well, I bought Link's Awakening DX for £1.99 earlier, and am currently enjoying a rare treat of a McDonalds' Breakfast.

Re forum: stop all the "Sparkly Handbag RMD!" and "What type of wine goes best with this type of tennis court?", and talk more (at all, even) about games and stuff, for fuck's sake.

I shall now randomly scramble the password on this account and fuck off like the baffling and insane cunt that forum legend finds it convenient to simplify me as. Much like what happened to Jesus. I am indeed, a lot like Jesus. Including the back-stabbing disciples! Ho ho ho. E-mail me if you'd like a nice chat about games or something. Toodles!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 19:48 
Honey Boo Boo

Well. Today's gloomy weather was altogether ruined a few hours ago by RAIN.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 17:49 

Soft drinks for me for a while I think. I can feel my kidneys cramping up and my liver pleading with me.
Today-Went to lnch with Pru and then to the cinema and saw 'Get Smart' or whatever it's called. It's a comedy in any case, I don't usually watch comedies much as I don't find them nearly as amusing as everyone else around me does-but this one amused me. Horror, Sci Fi and Thrillers and more my forte.

Went shopping for cat food on the way back as I opted to walk home and went through the Quarry as it's a really nice day!

Bad points of the day:

I saw one of my ex's, felt sick all day, had a headache all day and was asked if I was a lesbian as I 'look' like one. Sorry love, I do not partake of the furry taco stand. I hate that cnt, he's such a fat prick and I HATE him.

Quiz at 9pm with Gaz, if he bothers to answer my texts *pointed look*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:10 

My girlfriend spoke to me on the phone from Irishland earlier whilst we both watched Tom Baker era Doctor Who on Sci-Fi channel. Isn't modern technology great?!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 0:37 
Honey Boo Boo

Well, I've been drinking more or less constantly since about half past 11 this (Saturday) morning. Which is to say, not necking, but never without some sort of boozy beverage in my hand. This is only slightly different from yesterday, when I didn't start until after I'd been to Asda.

Tomorrow shall be more of the same... except, in public!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 0:39 

WEEEEEEEEE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 0:41 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I guess it's down to me to make this the most boring bank holiday ever.

I call upon .... the power of Joyce! FNRAAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHH

-yes and it was terribly important father.
-yes it was. Charybdis.
-i see you made a reference to Homer there.
-yes.
-yes.
-good.
-yes.

(repeat)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:10 
Excellent Member

I had to waste the best part of 2 days reinstalling my whole pc... :spew:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:19 
What-ho, chaps!

I'll be not playing Baten Kaitos any more, because I just won it. With mouldy fishfingers.

*slowly waves hands around in a spooky fashion*

Watch oouuuuutt! I have mooouuuuulldy fish fingers!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:34 
Chu chu chu!

I have the in-laws coming round next weekend, so I'm currently busy building up a smut-buffer for next week's strips, as well as (twiddling his thumbs and definitely not working on any commissions - Legal ed). And being in the U.S now, we don't even have a bank holiday this weekend. Boo. Though apparently there's 'Labor Day' next week. Labor Day - fucking rubbish name for a holiday, that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:49 
making out to faces of death

I watched some blurays and hd-dvds. Rambo is a bit gory. Ocean's 12 is a mess. I watched Tokyo Drift (4th time now :kiss: )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:58 
Excellent Member

Today, being back in Yorkshire to visit the fam, I'll be going into Leeds where I hear there's a market festival or something. I'll be meeting my matey John there too, and then it's off back to his place in Haworth for a night of drinky fun. Amusingly, this translated into a dream where by dad - who has an inexplicable hatred of Haworth - was asked by me and mum if he wanted to go to John's as well and, in becoming of a sudden Frank Costanza screamed back, "I'm not going to Haworth! Never! NEVER!"

Maybe I'll run into AceAceBaby who will recognise me by my dimlie avatar portrait. Who knows?

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:03 
baron of techno

We'll have no bank holiday here.

--
"I am indeed, a lot like Jesus." - CUS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:46 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

GazChap wrote:
WEEEEEEEEE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

Good work, sir (and lady-sir).
What did you win, 1/3 of the pot and drinks, I hope.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:12 

Just a box of chocolates. We generally win or come second anyway, but it was especially surprising this time as we thought we'd done terribly. Evidently we didn't do as terribly as everyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:24 
Comfortably Dumb

LaceSensor wrote:

I can go one better. I shorted out the motherboard on one of the computers I was 'fixing'. Oops.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:24 

Ah, it was a good quiz. Much chuckling on me and Bob's (Gaz's brother) front! I am so gonna rip the piss ot of him for the 'flag' drawing though, that was ace!

I was adamant it wasn't Sarah Michelle Geller and guess what....it freaking WASN'T! But who listens to me eh? NO fucker, that's who :p Okay....so usually when I say something it's wrong-but this time I wasn't!!I can't believe we didn't win Irish bingo though, that pissed me off >:p

The questions were harder this time I think, plus I was the yongest there! Average age was like 50!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:43 
Comfortably Dumb

Tilly wouldn't keep still. This was the only decent pic I managed to get of her.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:44 
Comfortably Dumb

Oh and she was in shot on this one but as I took it, she rolled herself off the table.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 
Best
Board Mother

devilman wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

I can go one better. I shorted out the motherboard on one of the computers I was 'fixing'. Oops.

Better than that. The one you did fix has completely frozen. I emailed you off it this morning, then it refused to talk to the net even though it was telling me it had a good connection. Then it refused to do bugger all. I ended up 'fixing' it by holding in the power button to turn it off!

*strokes laptop loving*

Want me to keep an eye out for a new job for you too? ;)

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next