Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Xbox Live Troubleshoot-me-do
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 16:00 

My 360 still won't sign in to Xbox Live. I've set my routers to put the Xbox 360 (which has a static IP on my network) into the DMZ and yet the "NAT" status on the network tests seem to change between "Strict" and "Moderate" on a whim. It's never "Open".

All the other tests are fine, although ICMP takes some time to complete (which it always did, as far as I remember)

When I try and sign in to a profile, sometimes it'll "sign in" (and I can see my gamerscore) but it has a "Connect to Xbox Live" button on the dashboard. When I press on that, it tries to connect but then kicks me out and signs me out altogether (leaving me with the "2 Profiles Found" thing).

Sometimes when I try and sign in to a profile, it won't even show my gamerscore but instead just goes back to the "2 Profiles Found" thing.

Any ideas on what might be causing this shit?

Post subject: Re: Xbox Live Troubleshoot-me-do
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 16:15 
Paws for thought

What manner of router are you using. ISP... stuff like that may help.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 16:22 
Excellent Member

I had this problem I cant remember how I solved it but I know the answer is on Google. you have to open certain ports on your router, to get it to go to open.

Otherwise you will have sign in issues,and some Live games will have limited connectivity even once signed in, making finding servers and games difficult.

edit - 1 min google
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2006/01/02 ... res-a-tip/

that rings a bell as being correct.
id try it first, if you havent already of course

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 16:36 

Mr Dave wrote:
What manner of router are you using. ISP... stuff like that may help.

The router is a Linksys WAG354G. My ISP is Zen Internet.

The Xbox itself is currently connecting over a wireless network using a Netgear WGE111 adapter, to my wireless network. I'm going to try it with a wired connection once I get a long enough Ethernet cable, but I don't think that's likely to be the root cause of the issue as all of the other tests pass fine.

LaceSensor wrote:
I had this problem I cant remember how I solved it but I know the answer is on Google. you have to open certain ports on your router, to get it to go to open.

The 360 is in my router's DMZ, which means that every single port is open and pointing to it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 16:41 
That Rev Chap

Have you tried changing your wireless channel?

I had to change mine after the neighbours got wifi and kept kicking my stuff off my network.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 19:59 

Changing the wireless to channel 3 seems to have fixed the NAT issue (it now says Open) but it still refuses to sign in to Xbox Live.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 20:05 

I just got a message saying "Your Xbox Live account has been suspended due to a problem with your payment option. Please update your payment settings to sign in to your Xbox Live account" ... and then, I can't update them because you need to be signed into Xbox Live to access the payment options!

Good design there Microsoft.

The irony here is, there ISN'T a problem. There are two cards on my account, one that has expired and one that hasn't. They've been charging me on the active card for the past few months, while simultaneously sending me e-mail warnings that my other card has expired and that my account might be suspended.

//edit: All sorted now, good job you can edit your billing details from live.xbox.com really or I'd have had to call them up.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]