Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Pimp Your Blog!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:55 

kalmar wrote:
But a *lot* of well heeled people are trading down to small modern cars these days simply because it's sensible, and they're going to pay in cash and aren't going to expend time and dignity trying to get £500 knocked off.
So I think you'll be struggling to get them to move on an Aygo, especially one they'll have to transport in, because they just don't need to bother.

While I tend to agree with you, the fact they're ringing her every 14 seconds implies that yes, they do need to bother.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:58 
Not to be confused with elbow

I can't even afford a push bike :(

Arranging to take lessons once again! That's 3 instructors I've gotten through *sigh* -_-; I just can't get on with any of them. I know I'm not meant to be having a meaningful relationship with them, but if I can't even ask them questions e.t.c then I don't want them teaching me. I may just go and take my bike test, got the CBT done yonks ago but the bike I want means I will have to take the next test up or something (doesn't really understand cars, bikes, miles or anything actually)...maybe it's best I walk everywhere >.<

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:03 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm making another blog post.

I've just had the most incredible conversation with the dealer that I've ever had in my life.

Good christ.

Fuck me.

Lord in heaven.

Other expressions of incredible disbelief.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:24 
baron of techno

Dudley wrote:
While I tend to agree with you, the fact they're ringing her every 14 seconds implies that yes, they do need to bother.

Well of course, but they're bothering in the expectation that she'll accept the price they're offering (or give a small reduction and get it back on the finance details) and it's their job to chase sales.. And their bonus..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:26 

kalmar wrote:
Dudley wrote:

Well of course, but they're bothering in the expectation that she'll accept the price they're offering (or give a small reduction and get it back on the finance details) and it's their job to chase sales.. And their bonus..

Yes but if they have the time to constantly chase a semi-unlikely one like this, they're clearly not weighed down by likely sales to rich blokes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:27 
baron of techno

Fair point. But I think we're about to find out whether they're all that desperate or not :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:27 
making out to faces of death

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I'm making another blog post.

I've just had the most incredible conversation with the dealer that I've ever had in my life.

Good christ.

Fuck me.

Lord in heaven.

Other expressions of incredible disbelief.

It's been 25 minutes already, slacker. Where is it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:46 
Legendary Boogeyman

Posted. Took a while. Hard to marshal thoughts when angry.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:51 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Hehehe - Tags:'cunting'.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:54 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Posted. Took a while. Hard to marshal thoughts when angry.

This is essentially why I refuse to buy a car on finance these days. They get so much more money out of it that they do everything they can to push finance on to you, even when you've quite categorically stated that you don't want it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:59 
Legendary Boogeyman

Financing is fine if they don't actually lie to you about the terms. Most third-party loans at the moment can't give as good an APR as car financing can which is the reason I went with it, but when they start rattling off a gatling of words and lies about rates and what you end up paying, then it's time to reach for the napalm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 13:13 

Updated blog.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 13:19 
That Rev Chap

When I bought my car in Texas the salesman told me in came with a year's guarantee. When I was going through the paperwork as we finalised the sale, I noticed it explicitly stated no guarantee. I queried this and he said... wait for it...

"No, you don't get an official guarantee, you get my personal guarantee."

It's insane.

(And yet I still bought the car and - apart from the fact that if you tried to use the air conditioning the engine overheated, which is a bit off in Texas, really - it was absolutely fine. And I'm sure the air con could have been fixed with a new filter or something equally simple, but I was perversely proud of driving round Houston without air conditioning and so never got it fixed.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 13:21 

When I bought my current Celica, the dealer told me it came with a twelve month warranty (as I queried it, as a 12 month warranty was one of my requirements).

He later said that he'd screwed up there and it should have only have been a three month warranty, with extra to pay to extend it to 12 months. Dunno how true to policy that is, mind.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 13:31 

GazChap wrote:
This is essentially why I refuse to buy a car on finance these days. They get so much more money out of it that they do everything they can to push finance on to you, even when you've quite categorically stated that you don't want it.
Always buy on finance. Tell the guy upfront you want finance, haggle very hard on trade-in and sticker price, and happily sign away for some horrific APR. Then go in the next week and clear the finance off in one go (obviously double-check the small print to ensure there are no swingeing getout fees).

This can hurt the car place so badly that car supermarkets like Carcraft lose money on the deal (they sold the car at cost and their commision from the financing body is clawed back, leaving them out of pocket). I've even heard tales of them ringing customers up when they do this and attempting to "renegotiate" the deal, after-the-fact. Certainly when I did it to them they were exceedingly unhappy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 13:32 
baron of techno

Dudley wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Dudley wrote:

Yes but if they have the time to constantly chase a semi-unlikely one like this, they're clearly not weighed down by likely sales to rich blokes.

Heh, I think, based on the fact that they've just tried upping the price and then effectively telling him to bugger off, this particular dealer is really not bothered about cutting the price for Mr Gnomes :D

@CG: "they’d give us £3000 for the old car (why this had suddenly reduced by £500 I don’t know)" - Actually, they did say 3500 was a time limited offer - you called their bluff and they didn't blink..

How long can you keep this up, if Mrs Gnomes wants her warm fuzzy feeling?

@richardgaywood: that is excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 14:00 

Thing is of course if you'd spelt out the deal initially (like you did) and they'd replied with "Nope, we're not going to be able to match that, here's our best, if you can't beat that elsewhere keep us in mind." then you'd have left on good terms and probably gone there for servicing or the next Toyota.

Now you're not going near the place. Well done dealer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 14:02 
Legendary Boogeyman

kalmar wrote:
How long can you keep this up, if Mrs Gnomes wants her warm fuzzy feeling?

How much longer until the Sun runs out of fuel? That long.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 14:04 
baron of techno

Lucky escape for the dealer, you ask me..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 0:27 

How do I get my rss on the bezzie rss thinger?

http://www.templeofgame.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 15:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7597954.stm

Car Sales downturn. Lowest levels for 42 years! My, if I were I dealer I'd be both shitting myself but also feeling compelled to GIVE ME THE CUNTING CAR FOR THE PRICE I WANT.

:hat:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 15:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Goatboy wrote:
How do I get my rss on the bezzie rss thinger?

http://www.templeofgame.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

PM me pictures a hot nekkid chick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 22:45 
Lord Of The Powerchord

I've been really bad at this blogging business but I'm trying to be a bit more regular (and blog more often -- arf!) and am a little bit proud of my latest nonsense. I'm totally on to something, aren't I? :metul:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 22:50 

Sledge wrote:
I've been really bad at this blogging business but I'm trying to be a bit more regular (and blog more often -- arf!) and am a little bit proud of my latest nonsense. I'm totally on to something, aren't I? :metul:

You are yeah! Mine's just full of crap my blog is and pics :s
I should update as lots has happened...but I'm too lazy :p

Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4