Est. 1978

HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37638.html
SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37639.html

Yes. Yes.

Post subject: Re: New Spiderman Game Trailer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 18:45 
I forgot about this - how vain

Oooh, that is rather spiffy.

Normally Comic stuff is hung over a terrible concept and plot, but this looks like they've come up with a way that lets you be spiderman, and at the same time allow for typical game style identikit bad guys. I'm impressed.

Still it will need to be really special to get me buy it again, as Spiderman 2 quenched the need to play as spiderman.

Still gone from "couldn't give a toss" to "Ooh thats nice" in one trailer - so thats a good start.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 19:18 
Irresponsible member

Spiderman 2 was great at portraying spiderman. It was almost like they realeased the game and said "Look we've made a game where you can swing about in a living city like the real spiderman...... what do you mean you want other things to do?" Picking up tokens and stopping the 50th generic purse snatching got old fast.

I still sometimes like to load it up and have a swing about though.

As for the trailer. Wow. I just hope the developers don't fall into the trap of the previous spiderman (console) games.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 23:24 
Honey Boo Boo

Sorry, but no. It looks like absolute shit.

Did nobody else play the Superman Returns demo? That looks like it could be built off exactly the same engine - huge buildings, lots of enemies, cool moves. Superman Returns (the game) could have been made to look just as cool in a trailer... but the game itself was endless, repetitive crap of the worst kind. You think that move where he's catching foes in midair with web and then stomping them is cool? You won't when it's a full quarter of your arsenal of attacks. And having the city infected by Venom is just the lazy way of saying 'so, we can draw a lot of buildings, but can't optimise the frame rate to cope with a lot of pedestrians'.

Oh, and while embedded movie sites must die, embedded movie sites that surround said movies with CPU-swallowing flash adverts AND then have a fucking 'do you like this site? TAKE OUR SURVEY!' window slide into the middle of the movie and slice its frame rate down by 90% must DIE SCREAMING WITH SHARP THINGS IN THEIR FACE.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 23:36 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

MetalAngel wrote:
Oh, and while embedded movie sites must die, embedded movie sites that surround said movies with CPU-swallowing flash adverts AND then have a fucking 'do you like this site? TAKE OUR SURVEY!' window slide into the middle of the movie and slice its frame rate down by 90% must DIE SCREAMING WITH SHARP THINGS IN THEIR FACE.

People that don't see the 'download' button should be treated rather badly, too ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 0:14 
Time Out for Fun

It would be better if spiderman could steal cars and shoot guns.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 0:38 
I forgot about this - how vain

Grim... wrote:
MetalAngel wrote:

People that don't see the 'download' button should be treated rather badly, too ;)

Well, yeah, but still - that take our survey crap was horrible. (I do like gametrailers though)

& Bollocks if I'm cluttering my hard drive up with trailers that I'll forget to delete..

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]