Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: F**king underage loitering drinkers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 23:55 
Honey Boo Boo

My missus has just been kicked in by two chavettes. >:(

We'd just been in a recently reopened (and moderately posh) pub in Caerphilly next to the train station. An awful band and a high temperature (open some windows ffs) drove us to go home. As we passed the main bus stop in the middle of town, we wound up walking behind some young tart (about 15) and what was perhaps her boyfriend or something, as they had just emerged from the bus stop to have some kind of chat.

After about 20 paces the girl suddenly stops, spins around and demands of my missus what the fuck she's looking at. My missus denied all knowledge, and the girl spits that she (missus) was giving her 'a filthy look' in the bus shelter as she (chavette) was talking to another girl. Accusations and denials flew back and forth, the equally young boyfriend baffled by the whole thing and saying we should just walk on. I'm tugging on the missus' hand to urge her away, as she tells the little bitch for the 20th time that she doesn't know who she is, doesn't care, and wasn't looking at her.

Suddenly a punch is thrown, and my missus is struggling to prise the chavette off her against the low wall that seperates the sidewalk from the embankment leading down to the castle. I start trying to pull them apart but my missus gets knocked down onto the ground and the chavette lays into her. One of her mates, seeing all this from the bus stop, runs over to get a few cheap and easy kicks in as I struggle desperately to hold them off and protect my missus from serious injury - I'm in particular trying to keep a hand across her mouth to stop any nose breakage or teeth being knocked out, while simultaneously pushing the chavettes away and asking them to stop it already.

The volley of punches, kicks, hairpulling and swearing continues for what seems like an eternity before the chavettes decide they've proved their point and vanish. My missus has blood all over her face, her glasses are half broken on the ground next to her and her right eye is swollen to the size of a squash ball. A lock of her hair is on the ground, having been wrenched out of her head.

Onlookers look on, and in spite of my pleading she refuses medical attention or the calling of the police, and we wander up to the pub just 50 yards away to ask the advice of the bouncer. He advises that even if we don't want to call 999 to at least report it tomorrow. One of the onlookers comes up repeatedly stating she couldn't help us before as she had her (also rather young) daughter with her, but kindly gives her name and contact number as a witness.

A kind taxi driver takes us home (which takes all of 90 seconds, as we live just outside the city centre). The missus goes in and cleans herself up while I prepare my mother's patented emergency ice pack (rubber glove stuffed with ice cubes) to put on her black eye.

An hour later, and she is very very lucky. All teeth present and correct, all the blood is from a handful of abrasions from their trainers and there's no proper cuts or wounds, and the swelling in her eye has gone down significantly with the ice pack.

Fucking hell, though. Not the best way to end a Saturday night.

Post subject: Re: F**king underage loitering drinkers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 0:01 
That Rev Chap

Fucking hell.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 0:01 

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

That's fucking gay, man. Give her a big hug from me. And DO report it, who knows how many CCTV cameras you went past, there's a witness, as good a chance as any that these lasses will be identifiable, this is Caerphilly after all, not New York.

MAKE THE SKANKY CUNTS PAY.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 0:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Man, that sucks. I hope there's no lasting damage, and that she isn't too shaken up by the whole thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 0:03 
UltraMod

Yikes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 0:03 
Skillmeister

That's just utterly bad. Also one of the reasons I avoid going out to any sort of city/town centre at night.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 0:10 
Isn't that lovely?

Sorry to hear that, it's a tad shit. I would report it to the police tho.

Malc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 0:24 
Honey Boo Boo

Kate has added that the chavette moved up to her and stomped on her, so she pushed her away and she stumbled back and fell against a zebra crossing pole.*

Feeling surprised about this sudden physical turn (she hadn't thought she'd pushed so hard), she went to say 'shit sorry, are you okay?' when the chavette lunged. She was afraid she'd topple the (petite) chavette over the wall and down the embankment and so tried to pull her away, and that's when she fell.

She also recalls that the friend who came to join in remarked 'shit, we'd better go or we'll get picked up'.

She appreciates the good wishes - we've just refilled the glove with more ice and is putting a brave face on it all - Welsh lasses being what they are, and all. We've just chuckled over a New Year's Eve in Cardiff a few years back (Gaywood might remember this) where some bloke stumbled over my drunken self sitting on some steps. He tried to apologise, I accepted and just asked to be left alone, and he fucking lamped me one with a 'think you're fucking hard then?'. Apparently it took Kate, the bloke's missus AND the bloke's mate to wrestle him off me.

*I doubt much will come of the police, especially as the stomping on Kate's feet might not be obvious in the footage but her pushing back will be.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 0:42 
Lurker

Cripes, man. Hope she's ok.

People are cunts sometimes, aren't they?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:13 
Excellent Member

Did you make any swings at the cunts yourself?

I'd have tried to, tbh.

Best wishes. Never touch wood been on the receiving end of violence, nor anyone I know.

Cunts everywhere, sigh.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:24 
August Member

Best wishes to your girlfriend, MetalAngel.

Something slightly similar happened to mine a few months back when she nipped out of the pub for a ciggie.

Not being a smoker myself I didn't know that a feral chavette had her by the hair. Luckily my mate had just gone out for one and saw what was happening and filled the chavette in. Her friends were disinclined to join in (he being built like a brick outhouse and a Para).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 
Time Out for Fun

Im sorry about the whole fight but in curiosity the charv bloke comes off alright in the whole thing did he not do owt?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:09 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Goddammit! I fear if someone tried that when I was there, despite being quite, quite small and like most of you I suspect would avoid confrontation at (almost) at cost, I'd have tried to spark the [buggers]out.

If you haven't already, it might be wise to take photos of the injuries for later evidence?

I hope they get theirs.

Part of me wants them to meet Team BeeX in a dark alley. Show them "World of Cuddles".

Next meet at MetalAngel's house!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:59 

MetalAngel wrote:
'shit, we'd better go or we'll get picked up'.

*I doubt much will come of the police, especially as the stomping on Kate's feet might not be obvious in the footage but her pushing back will be.

Look, if that's their attitude they are known and the police will have about ten names in thier heads as soon as you describe them, then there's the footage and the witness.

Get to the fucking police. They'll never increase beat nmbers in these areas if the crimes go unreported. Nothing may happen, or it could take as little as an hour or two of your time to have them brought to justice. Well worth a punt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:05 
making out to faces of death

What a rubbish way to end the night. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:12 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Jesus Christ. Tell your missus to get well!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:27 
Gogmagog

If you are lucky, the chavs willl move to Bridgend.

Hope the missus gets well soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:58 
lazy eye patch

My irate sympathies, Mr. and Mrs. MAngel. I agree with Goatboy, you should contact the police and see what can be done with CCTV and witnesses.

After all, it's a small place - what might happen if your missus encounters that chavette again? It could escalate either way, perhaps. Get the law in on this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:14 
Can you dig it?

This is the sort of thing that I worry about when my wife is out and about, she's a lovely sort but it always seems to be that type of person the little scumbags pick on.

I'm very sorry to hear all this, it's a bad way to end any eveing :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:19 

You need to involve the police, mate. Immediately. They will certainly want to know, even if they can't make anything of it. Tell Kate we hope she feels better soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:27 

Everyone is the sort that these scumbags pick on.

I was once almost beaten up AT THE DOCTORS by a couple of scummy girls because I 'looked' at them (I was actually looking at a clock about 6 feet above their heads, but, you know, how DARE you look at the side of the room that they happen to be sitting in.

I'm so sorry to hear this, MrAngel, that is crappy, and please, please call the police. It's a shame there were no burly men to hold the little weasels down whilst someone called the police, but there's the off chance that there's some CCTV footage, somewhere. Also, if they were waiting for a bus there is a good chance that they scarpered and then came back to catch the next one, or the one after.

Oh, well I just remembered what you said about the stomping and the pushing. Really, you shouldn't retaliate, especially if there was more of them than her. I'm not saying don't defend yourself, but... Hmmm, it's a tough call. See, these idiots will see that as an open invitation for some kind of melee, because now you have 'hit' them, I've usually just shielded myself and moved out of the way, but I've been caught up in far busier areas than this sounds, so more people have come to my aid.

Oh, it's a crappy situation, and one where nothing you do is going to be very satisfactory, but I'd say to cal the police. Even if your girlfriend did push one of these girls, I think there's a big difference between that and beating someone to a bloody pulp. Also, you should photograph the injuries.

get well soon MrsAngel!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:50 
Legendary Boogeyman

I advocate murder, both as a punishment and a pro-active deterrant for all fucking chavs.

Seriously, my reaction wouldn't have been to 'push them and tell them to stop it', if someone is attacking my gf they'd be lucky not to end up with a broken fucking neck, jesus.

Condolences all the same, and for the love of christ get the police involved. It's only a fear of the law that makes these people stop short of murder, and they need punishment, for fucks sake.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:01 
Excellent Member

I also advocate getting the police involved - especially as there's a witness.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:34 

Pushing someone away is well within the bounds of 'reasonable force' to the point where it is as good as recommended in the first instance, once talking is not going to solve a situation. You can't really do less to protect yourself than that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:25 
baron of techno

Jesus christ, that's not good :S
Police-you-do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:32 

Really sickened to hear about this. Hope you both pull through, and the yobs gets the book thrown at them.

Could someone throw some light on this whole 'he looked at me' thing?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:36 

It's nonsense, Kern. Certain types of people believe that if you make eye contact with any part of their person that you are staring at them, which is akin to making a judgement of them, which is of course akin to 'having a problem with them' which is in turn eactly the same thing as 'starting something' - so, in short, if your eyes accidentally fall on them or on a 6ft halo of space around them you are, in affect, inviting them to a fight.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 13:28 

They only do this to people they think they can "have" though, which leads to much amusement when they try it on with a friend of mine. He's like me, a lanky, 6'2" beanpole with hardly any meat on him.

Difference is, he's a Glaswegian and is rather adept at giving people their traditional kisses.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 15:52 
Caution Live Bear.

Jesus, man, that's really bad. I hope Mrs Metalangel gets better soon and that. You should call the cops and see if they can do anything, as it seems that these girls are at least known to the police.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 16:38 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Also take photos of her face before the swelling goes down fully.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 17:23 
Excellent Member

Craster wrote:
Also take photos of her face before the swelling goes down fully.

:this: Though if the police do come around, they will probably do this too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 17:36 

I would go to the police, as there's a better than average chance the incident was on CCTV if it was near a high street and/or bus stop. Follow Craster's advice too and take a photo of the injury.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 18:28 
Honey Boo Boo

We've been to the police station, where the nice copper expressed surprise that we hadn't called 999. Kate explained she didn't want to waste an ambulance as she figures they're for people who are so hurt they can't walk, but the copper told her otherwise.

A statement has been taken, and they're checking CCTV in the hopes that it caught something. The copper agrees from her description that her hands were raised in self-defense out of fear, and that the pushing likewise.

Photographs were taken, and I have my own from immediately after the incident in case they need those too.

At the cops' insistence, we then went down to A&E in Cardiff where she's been checked out as okay.

Her parents reckon it was just a random incident - the pilled-up little tart decided she fancied a fight and started one on the first person she saw.

Thanks again for all the good wishes. :hug:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 18:31 
Hibernating Druid

Sorry to hear about whats happened mate. Glad you decided to report it and that your Mrs isn't too badly hurt.

People are twats.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 18:46 
UltraMod

MetalAngel wrote:
the pilled-up little tart

I'm not wanting to take anything away from what's happen (because obviously it's awful), but I don't know anyone who's started fights while taking pills (unless they've also imbibed a hell of a lot of alcohol too, of course).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 19:00 
Hibernating Druid

Pils-ed up then.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 19:03 
Skillmeister

Glad you went to the filt, Meaty. It were the right thing to do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 19:58 

That was a horrible thing to read, glad your missus is ok(ish) and that the po-po are taking it serious.
Round here they just take your statement and then lose it or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 20:32 
Awesome
Yes

This is why people should be allowed to carry pepper spray and stuff.

Hope you both feel up to going out again pretty soon, and best wishes to your missus.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 21:18 

Mr Russ wrote:
This is why people should be allowed to carry pepper spray and stuff.

Yes, it would be so much better if the chavs had pepper sprayed her, then kicked her in.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 22:19 
Honey Boo Boo

It really does open one's eyes to the extent of the problem with youths today where you can be attacked for no reason and be unable to fight back for fear of being prosecuted (as had I punched the chav's lights out, I'd undoubtedly be done for assault on a minor)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 22:20 
Goth

This further adds to my fears of being anywhere near a town centre at night and also encourages my avoiding going anywhere vaguely near anyone looking like potential trouble. My paranoia has served me well so far.

This is just so shocking and I really hope those pitiful excuses for life are brought to justice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 22:22 
Honey Boo Boo

Alas, I don't hold out much hope of their being caught, nor of any worthwhile action being taken against them if they are.

As Street Crime UK has taught us, you can go absolutely berzerk and need half a dozen coppers to wrestle you into the van, but get off with an informal caution and possibly a £50 fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 23:41 

MetalAngel wrote:
It really does open one's eyes to the extent of the problem with youths today where you can be attacked for no reason and be unable to fight back for fear of being prosecuted (as had I punched the chav's lights out, I'd undoubtedly be done for assault on a minor)

No, you wouldn't. You are allowed to defend yourself (and, in most cases, your loved ones) with reasonable force.

The fear of being prosecuted is essentially a creation of the media, sparked up by such high-profile cases as the Tony Martin burglar-murders. As long as you only respond with a reasonable level of force, you're pretty much untouchable by the law. You'll probably still be arrested, like, but after investigation you'll be released.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 23:50 

GazChap wrote:
No, you wouldn't. You are allowed to defend yourself (and, in most cases, your loved ones) with reasonable force.

The fear of being prosecuted is essentially a creation of the media, sparked up by such high-profile cases as the Tony Martin burglar-murders. As long as you only respond with a reasonable level of force, you're pretty much untouchable by the law. You'll probably still be arrested, like, but after investigation you'll be released.

This is all true. Particularly the bit in bold.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 23:58 
Excellent Member

Also agree with media=fear thing above.

I'm glad that your wife's okay Metalangel, though I imagine she's pretty shaken. Horrible to hear about it, and I have nothing but contempt for the scumettes who attacked her. Glad the police are involved too, they seem to have reacted okay so far. Here's suggesting you take your wife somewhere country and nice next weekend as a prezzie.

I went to Caerphilly for the first time today for the Big Cheese thing. It was too hot and crowded for me to enjoy, though the castle was decent. There did seem to be a fair few chavsters around though, and a bajillion empty cans of Strongbow. I was picking a load up and putting them in the bin in Bute Park earlier today in fact. Hate littering me.

Oddly enough despite not being tall or muscley or anything I don't seem to have worries walking out and about in town centres on a night. I have never had anyone pick a fight with me. Touch wood. No idea why, but long may it stay that way.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:30 
Honey Boo Boo

Sorry chaps, but while I agree the media are responsible for a lot of the fear of prosecution thing, I don't really think it would look good if I'd smashed the chavette's head against the zebra crossing pole to knock her out, as I'd like to have done.

I think we'd both like to put the whole sorry episode behind us.

In other news, yes, nervouspete, it was too hot and crowded to be enjoyable. The bloke selling cider in the big refreshments tent said it would have been a milion times more bearable if they'd put all the stalls in the middle and opened the sides up to let air flow through. Still, he was doing a roaring trade, what with his chilled bottles of lovely ciderrrrr.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:34 
Gogmagog

It's easy to be wise after the event and things like that.

Even if police don;t catch them, it'll lie on file, and when they do get caught for something unrelated, then it'll turn up and they get doubly done.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:00 
UltraMod

Zardoz wrote:
Pils-ed up then.

Pils is far too posh for people like that. Wish you'd accepted my game invite now, Perks. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:01 
Honey Boo Boo

I've had more than enough 'if only we'd done this instead of this' thoughts, ta.

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next