And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obscure Night V - Monday 21st July
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 14:50 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

CUS wrote:
Sheepeh wrote:
Well, yes, I take that as a slight against the way I'm running Obscure Night. That's how I read it. You've never been denied access to Obscure Night, and neither has anyone else. I've gone out of my way to make it that way. So, as you posted on the Obscure Night thread seemingly in a "woe is me" stylee about being denied playtime with Bezzies it might be better to do it in a thread, y'know, to do with Bezzies.

Gah.
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Not 'woe is me', more 'what a bunch of cunts'. Also, that's every thread on this forum currently, they're all Bezzie. It's increasingly like Invasion of the Bodysnatchers here. The good 70s one, not the shitty recent one.

Quote:
If you've got a problem with certain people, do please just come out and say it instead of being amazingly cryptic, and then wondering why people struggle to work out what you mean and then take offence at something you say you didn't mean. It'd be much easier.

Tried that, it just resulted in me being told what a hateful cunt I was for daring to say something negative. I-R-O-N-Y! I never find myself wondering 'why people struggle to work out what (I) mean'. There are some extremely dim people on here. Not everyone, not at all.

Anyway. Seriously. Look - above, I explained why *I* wasn't there, because after having various people (and the reason I don't name people specifically is because the people on this forum are all reactionists, and I were to say, as a pure example, 'Having Mr Dave ask me what 'my problem' is, because I didn't show up to Sega Rally having previously been annoyed that it looked like being turned into a Bezzie Burnout Bumfest, really bothered me, given that I'd had a terrible night previously and had politely informed you immediately that I wouldn't be turning up, and yet as with every other single thing on this board, I am not once given the benefit of the doubt or any measure of rope, despite the fact that every single one of you wouldn't be here if it weren't for me, you ungrateful bunch of twats', would seem like I was having a go at Mr. Dave. Which would not be the case (except, I'm sure now this will somehow be proof of some agenda I hold against Mr. Dave or something).

Anyway. Really. Please, continue with your thread. I hope that discussion of future game events can be planned without any sneery moaning in regards to previous absences or such, in this thread. *backs away politely, making 'please, this way' gestures with arm, rather like the butler in Clue*

Do, please continue.

How's about we end all this, and stop hiding behind examples, chap. Everytime you say "but don't worry, carry on", people...carry on. Until the next time. It's not a good way to do it. Every time I think "That CUS, he does have a good point" you get <-> this close from making it and doing something about it and then backing down and saying "Anyway, carry on. *sob*".

Now, you know I don't think you're a cunt, and I've been nothing but "Excellent" to you in my opinion, so please don't take it as me saying "Haha, you're a cunt, deal with it". Because I'm not. You know what to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 14:56 
lazy eye patch

Sheepeh wrote:
How's about we end all this, and stop hiding behind examples, chap. Everytime you say "but don't worry, carry on", people...carry on. Until the next time. It's not a good way to do it. Every time I think "That CUS, he does have a good point" you get <-> this close from making it and doing something about it and then backing down and saying "Anyway, carry on. *sob*".
[...]
You know what to do.

I have honestly no idea what you're on about :) Unless you're saying 'Let's shut up about this' or something, which I agree with, and erm, have just PMd you regarding. But you've lost me otherwise. Also, my point is more like <=============> though not so pointed at both ends. Anyway. Continue! I vote for Chubby Gristle.

edit: actually, I vote for Ridge Racer, Sega Rally and Doom, in that order. With every intention of showing up if welcome, which I presume to be, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:13 

Ridge Ridge!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:15 
Sleepyhead

I haven't a clue what's going on. Everyone can suggest games for Obscure Night, and everyone gets a vote. I don't think anyone is seriously upset that people didn't turn up on one week. We all accept that people have real life reasons, and if they're not able to make it then that's life. The new voting method is to get a better feel for numbers likely to be enthusiastic about the Game of the Night.

I've voted Carcassone, but might not be able to make it, depending on whether or not I'm playing football... and even then if the missus is in need of attention, or really wants to go to the cinema or something then I might not make it. C'est la vie.

I think (hope) that we're all big enough and smart enough to know that not everyone can make game-playing their highest priority all the time. Likewise, if anyone does ever want to play anything with me, they're more than welcome, and I've never refused anyone an invite unless the room was totally full... which I think has happened, like, once.

So, Carcassone, eh? I'm rubbish at it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:16 

It seems to me, and I include myself in this, that most people on this forum are wired to explode and argue with each other given any opportunity. WHY?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:18 
INFINITE POWAH

jonarob wrote:
It seems to me, and I include myself in this, that most people on this forum are wired to explode and argue with each other given any opportunity. WHY?

Welcome to the internet, eh? It seems to have a little connection straight into the "lairy bastard" bit of everyone's brain.

These days if there's anything that annoys me on a forum (and it's a rare thing at the moment), I've taken to running the offending post through Babelfish into Korean and back. The hilarious translation errors then make me smile! Huzzah!

This is necessary as I am FULL OF EXHAUSTION AND RAGE at the moment, as I am tediously repeating to all and sundry. I have children waaah waaah waaaaah. Ahem. Sorry.

As you were.

So can these obscure games be bought off the Xbox Live thingy then?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:22 
Lurker

jonarob wrote:

Be Argument(ative) with Each Other, more like!!!

I'm not like that on internet forums, but am quite often I do explode over nothing in Real Life. It's the reason I don't drink so much any more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:29 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Mr Chris wrote:

Carcasonne can. And DOOM. I should probably list XBLA next to the ones that are downloadable, next time.

The others are just stuff you want to play that isn't getting the rotation, or cheap stuff we can get hold of and try out for a night.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:33 
lazy eye patch

Mr Chris wrote:

"Roughly half", would be the answer. Aside: I have been actually angered maybe, maybe a half dozen times since joining WoS last March. Mostly in March/April of this year, regarding forum moves, and a couple of times since then. Second aside: some of you must have terrible trouble getting anything done, if you never, ever, er argue or debate anything with anyone, ever, in your personal lives. And to think, every time you do, you're uncontrollably in a fearful rage! Something to think about there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:36 

OH JUST FUCK OFF! GAWD!!111

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:36 

In seriousness, I completely agree. Bottling it up and murdering your wife isn't a good way to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:37 
lazy eye patch

I vote jonarob for 'spare' Comical Gnomes. Also, Ridge Racer, Sega Rally and Doom, again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:38 
Excellent Member

jonarob wrote:
Halo 3 seeing as I haven't played it since CoD 4 came out.

There's a very good reason for this too...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:40 
Hibernating Druid

There is a new FREE map though, maybe we should have a go for old times sake.

Then play CoD4. For the rest of the evening.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:41 
INFINITE POWAH

CUS wrote:
Second aside: some of you must have terrible trouble getting anything done, if you never, ever, er argue or debate anything with anyone, ever, in your personal lives. And to think, every time you do, you're uncontrollably in a fearful rage! Something to think about there.

I'm not wholly sure where you have picked up that people are suggesting that they don't argue in real life, and that if they do they go spastic at people. I think you're misrepresenting the "some of you", there, as noone has said or implied anything of the sort (at least that I've noticed. I'm not entirely paying attention to anything at the moment as I've had 4 hours sleep).

I think (with the faint powers of thought available to me at the moment) that people are just suggesting that there is a difference between disagreements with people in real life and disagreements on forums, and that the latter are generally not being worth getting into blazing rows about. Unless people are dissing Lucy Porter, of course, in which case it is entirely justifiable and right to bring down some Comical on their ass. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:45 
UltraMod

Lucy Porter looks like a man.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:46 
INFINITE POWAH

myoptika wrote:

Whatever, dick.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE? I used your in-joke. ON YOU. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! I WIN!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:47 
Lurker

myoptika wrote:

Nah, she's lovely.

Unfunny, but lovely nonetheless.

*hides from Mr Chris*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:47 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
I vote jonarob for 'spare' Comical Gnomes. Also, Ridge Racer, Sega Rally and Doom, again.

I'm sorry, only one vote each.

;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:48 
INFINITE POWAH

Scarysheep3000 wrote:
myoptika wrote:

Nah, she's lovely.

Unfunny, but lovely nonetheless.

*hides from Mr Chris*

*trembles with righteous rage*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:48 
lazy eye patch

Mr Chris wrote:
I'm not wholly sure where you have picked up that people are suggesting that they don't argue in real life, and that if they do they go spastic at people. I think you're misrepresenting the "some of you", there, as noone has said or implied anything of the sort.

I think people are just suggesting that there is a difference between disagreements with people in real life and disagreements on forums. The latter generally not being worth getting into blazing rows about.

Right. You're misrepresenting those who disagree on forums. See the last line there. There you go, that's my point, thanks very much, come again. That was all. Blazing rows? Really?

I will of course, 'have your back' in any Lucy Porter-related fracas.

Curiosity wrote:
I'm sorry, only one vote each. ;)

For games? Er. Ridge Racer, then. For spare Comical Gnomes? Still jonarob. With Mr Chris as spare spare...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:52 
INFINITE POWAH

CUS wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:
I'm not wholly sure where you have picked up that people are suggesting that they don't argue in real life, and that if they do they go spastic at people. I think you're misrepresenting the "some of you", there, as noone has said or implied anything of the sort.

I think people are just suggesting that there is a difference between disagreements with people in real life and disagreements on forums. The latter generally not being worth getting into blazing rows about.

Right. You're misrepresenting those who disagree on forums. See the last line there. There you go, that's my point, thanks very much, come again. That was all. Blazing rows? Really?

I thought jonarob's original point was that people didn't *just* disagree on internet forums, but that there seems to be a tendency for a lot of people to go completely overboard when having a disagreement on the internet. See: Any time some random twat on RLLMUK or suchlike has had a pop at Stu. It's insane how unpleasant and personal internet arguments can get, when even the most nutty of protagonists is vanishingly unlikely to take the same tack were they to be holding that conversation on videogames in, say, a pub.

That, such as it is, was my point. And not a contentious one, I'd thought. Or original, of course. Ho hum.

We have been blessedly free of that level of idiocy here, though. Hoorah!

Quote:
I will of course, 'have your back' in any Lucy Porter-related fracas.

Word, bro. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:53 

Why would I make a good spare Comical Gnomes, CUS? eh? EH?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:56 
Rude Belittler

*Refers the thread to John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:57 
INFINITE POWAH

Pundabaya wrote:

Heh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:00 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
I'm sorry, only one vote each. ;)

For games? Er. Ridge Racer, then. For spare Comical Gnomes? Still jonarob. With Mr Chris as spare spare...

One set of three votes. I know your type, trying to get their votes in more than once.

For shame, CUS, for shame!

:p

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:10 
UltraMod

Mr Chris wrote:
myoptika wrote:

Whatever, dick.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE? I used your in-joke. ON YOU. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! I WIN!

snore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:11 
lazy eye patch

@Curiosity: Oh, fuck, I dunno. Doom then, it's not like I'm going to bother showing up anyway.

:kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:13 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

CUS : You've voted for Ridge 6, 3 points. Sega Rally, 2 points. DOOM, 1 point. If that's wrong, let me know. Also, if a game you voted for wins, I'll adjust your voting to Undertow, 3 points. Undertow, 2 points. Undertow, 1 point.

That way you can not show up as you please! :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:15 
Hibernating Druid

We should have an Undertow night. Just the once.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:16 
lazy eye patch

You do realize, of course, that you're falling headlong into my 'Trick the board into playing Undertow with me, for those achievement points I need' trap? YOU FOOL! :hat:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:18 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

That's *IT*. Everyone's vote is changed to Undertow. We're playing Undertow.

*points finger at Zardoz and CUS, cuddling under a tree*

IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT.

* if anyone really wants to change their vote to Undertow, you can. Really. Really really. But I'll hurt you.
(I got it for free and have never actually played it.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:22 
UltraMod

[Vote:Undertow]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:30 

[Fuck:Undertow]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:30 
Paws for thought

As I said earlier, I think playing Undertow may be quite fun. In the same way that KAmeo became awesomeness when I played it with Dimrill, having despised it before that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:32 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Myoptika has just given Undertow it's first 3 pointer.

[VOTE:Myoptika].

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:33 
Paws for thought

I am NOT playing 'Myoptika' on obscure night. I don't like the joystick on the thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:37 
Hibernating Druid

His hot-swapable expansion port is acebest though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:38 

Mr Dave wrote:
As I said earlier, I think playing Undertow may be quite fun. In the same way that KAmeo became awesomeness when I played it with Dimrill, having despised it before that.

Na, that was purely because you played it with Dimrill. His brummy-banter makes anything fun. I actually let him bum me the other day, because he was so entertaining.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:41 
Paws for thought

So Dimrill + undertow = win.

Sounds like a plan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 17:42 

Dimrill + x = :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 17:53 
UltraMod

jonarob wrote:
Dimrill + x = :D

I bet you've got posters of his beardy face all over your bedroom wall.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 17:53 

They need replacing, actually. Preferably not printed on regular paper this time around. How much are those glossy photo sheets these days?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 18:00 
UltraMod

Just laminate them like I do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 18:04 

What just happened?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 18:13 

myoptika wrote:
Just laminate them like I do.

There was a laminated picture of Philip Scofield in the toilet of a village pub near where I live! It was an "interesting" place, sadly it lost its license and closed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:13 
Participant in dramatic games

i might carcassone if we really going to play ..

i just got vitua tennis 3 & dead or alive 4 for cheap, so if i can nominate those?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 15:27 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

OK, I'm calling an end to the vote, it appears Carcasonne wins.

As you know there's 5 slots to a game, so we will probably need more than 1.

People who have agreed to show up (unless they get killed in the mean time, or their pet budgie dies)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheepeh
Curiosity
Dimrill
Bobbyaro
Jasmine
Myoptika
Runcle

Currently 2 games, with 3 and 4 people apiece. If anyone else wants to say "Yes, I'll play carcasonne", please say ASAP, and I'll work you in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 15:57 
Sleepyhead

My participation relies on football. I will let you know ASAP.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 16:15 
UltraMod

You can't play two people locally at once in a LIVE game, so I might actually bow out to let Ange play with you lot! Be gentle as she doesn't play games very often, but she loves Carcassonne.

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next