PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:34 
baron of techno

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Tim_Westwood

Not actually funny though, sorry.

My head hurts.

Post subject: Re: My road's closed off
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 

Mimi wrote:
Oh, someone was on the television the their day saying that the violence in Glasgow is centered around knives rather than guns. Someone asked why this was when the trent was so strongly in favour of guns in most parts of the UK, and they were plainly answered that the Glaswegians didn't mind getting their hands dirty.

I try to remain open minded about everyone I meet or have yet to meet, but I admit that I have a slightly tainted view of Glaswegians insomuch that I have known so many of them and yet, somehow, every single one I have known really has ben a violent alcoholic. The only friendly Glaswegian I have met is a recovering violent alcoholic (though he has kept on the 'wagon' as it were, and is now a successful artist). Unfortunately I have known nothing but abuse from all of the others I have ever personally known, and I hope one day I will meet one or more people that will be able to redress the balance a little.

True that, then there's the whole psychological effect as well.
I've met more than my fair share of guys and gals who get violent with a drink in them, and have never understood how or why they keep drinking. You get dickheads everywhere, we've got more than our fair share because of the drinking culture here, but I dare say you'll meet a decent Weegie at some point, there's a fair few of them out there.

On a cheerier note, when I read about Westwood and the hotdog I had visions of a Clint Eastwood type shooting it out his hand as he went to take a bite. However after reading the Uncylopedia that mental image took a slightly sinister turn. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:38 
Skillmeister

WullieOoster wrote:
You get dickheads everywhere

I think that's the crux of the matter, and it matters not your geographical location as they're everywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 17:00 
Chinny chin chin

ComicalGnomes wrote:
you're fairly safe if you just stay indoors at all times, behind solid doors and locks, and whenever you must leave the house, run to your car and drive away at speed to a nicer, safer place. Just do that and you'll never come to harm, probably.

Shit happens everywhere. Just look at the armed robbery across the road from me the other week at the computer games shop. Still haven't heard if the police have caught the guy despite it happening 400 yards from a police station with CCTV on the street and it being a fairly sleepy town in Surrey. It's pretty obvious from the description the owner gave that it was a junkie who did him over so have Surrey police nabbed anyone yet? Of course they haven't.

Meanwhile I've just installed the new CCTV system at future Mrs Chinnys parents after the "roller" incident. New system seems awesome. Someone on here asked about it when it was ordered (they wanted something to protect their bikes) and all I can say is that on first impressions the box we've purchased seems 1000% better than using a PC. You simply plug it in and it works. After a powercut it will continue recording, it can do up to 4 cameras and the hard disk will never fill up as it auto erases the oldest files. It works just like a PVR as well so it's quite user friendly.

I'll try and find that original thread so I can alert the BETEO peep who was interested rather than bore you lot (unless you want your own CCTV systems).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 17:19 
What-ho, chaps!

Don't forget to back up the days that you want to keep though!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 17:33 
Chinny chin chin

MrD wrote:
Don't forget to back up the days that you want to keep though!

The software connection via USB can do that. But I haven't installed that yet as there seemed little point until I actually had some footage on the device to play with.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 17:42 
Sitting balls-back folder

Oof. The woman I mentioned? Killed at home by her husband.

Their daughter was in the same intake as my girlfriend; they know each other. Now there's a cloud over your recently-started (less than 2 years ago, still on probation) career with the rozzers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:45 
Peculiar, yet lovely

You ... haven't told her about us, have you, Bik?

No reason. Just ah... y'know. Curious, like.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 14:25 
Sitting balls-back folder

Eh?

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3