Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Animal Crossing Switch
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 
Skillmeister

Two more recipes dropped off! And I nabbed the bear for me wife. har har.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:40 

devilman wrote:
Mimi wrote:
devilman wrote:
Mimi wrote:
No, because they are a direct copy of the Dodo Airlines logo in the airport

That didn't stop a version appearing on Qwertee the other day though.

D’oh(do) could have just bought one?! My lowercase d is better, though. I’m going to give that a B-.

No, it’s actually one of the better ones I’ve seen. A lot seem to have the letters fully upright. I hasn’t seen that actual one but saw a couple of others when I was looking online to try and get a clearer idea of the beak proportions and wing shape, but there are a few knocking about on dodgy sites.

I was going to make mine a proper copy of the in-game tee (Dodo on the front, lettering on the back) but liked this more, overall.

The 'Island Faces' design on Qwertee today isn't bad. :)

Attachment:
qwertee.jpg

It’s good, but a bit odd putting Raymond (villager) in with the ‘infrastructure’ (I don’t know what you’d call them?) characters. I’m not sold on the Daisy Mae, C.J. and Flick characters, either. Maybe because I’m not entirely sure why Joan, Chip and the chameleon guy I e forgotten the name of needed replacing.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 13:12 

Folks, I am looking for two wallpapers. The cafe curtain wall, which is from Sahara, and the arched-window wall (which you can get in the shop).

If anybody comes across either of these please could you pick up an extra one for me? Pls pls. Thank you x

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 13:25 

DM, I popped by and picked up a couple of bits for D and dropped off a couple of fossils xxx

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 13:28 
Excellent Member

I wish there was a shop for flooring and wallpaper, I have very few of them and have seen such nice ones around
whenever I have bought wallpaper from sahara they have been insanely hideous

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 13:30 
Excellent Member

Devilman I went to Sylvias birthday party and gave her a gift, she was very pleased :D

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 13:41 
Comfortably Dumb

miki wrote:
Devilman I went to Sylvias birthday party and gave her a gift, she was very pleased :D

She must be having an all-day boozing session. :D She seemed quite pleased with the gold nugget I gave her. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 13:48 

I meant to say you CAN buy turnips from other islands, it seems. I’d already bought some for 90 bells at my island, and it was 11:55, so too late to tell others, but it is worth keeping in mind in case anyone has a very low price one Sunday.

@Miki, The Nooklings well three or four wallpapers and three or four floorings in their shop every day, in the cabinet and then (I think) right shoulder button to access), but I’ve got a good number because I’ve been looking for those two that I’ve listed, so if you are after something in particular let me know and I’ll see if I have something that fits x

Also, I have created a thread to trade and post a list of what folks are after, please have a look here: https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... 3&t=11485&

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 13:59 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

My girls have pretty much taken over my island and I'm fine with that... If anyone would like to send them some fossils, then that would be brilliant. We haven't got much of a collection at the moment and they do love receiving post so anything would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 14:09 

I’d so happily send stuff over, @thevision but I’ve never seen you online to connect with. Is there a time when you usually go on to open the gate or similar?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 14:11 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I'm on now... Do I need to have my gates open to be sent stuff then?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 14:12 

OMG if you’ve eaten fruit and then want to, say, hit a rock without smashing it open, you can sit on a toilet to dispose of your, er, fruit energy :DD

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 14:13 

No, but unless One of us has visited the other I can’t post anything to you. I’ll pop over quickly now.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 14:15 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Ace! They'll be open in just a second. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 14:28 
Excellent Member

Mimi wrote:
@Miki, The Nooklings well three or four wallpapers and three or four floorings in their shop every day, in the cabinet and then (I think) right shoulder button to access), but I’ve got a good number because I’ve been looking for those two that I’ve listed, so if you are after something in particular let me know and I’ll see if I have something that fits x
oh dear I'm an idiot
thank you I will do shopping and keep an eye out for you

the vision, I will send fossils your way soon, and Devilman has also got some on his free stuff lawn

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 14:29 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Thanks for popping by Mimi! Lovely to see you and thank you Miki for the offer!

You are all very kind.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 17:22 
sneering elitist

Mimi wrote:
OMG if you’ve eaten fruit and then want to, say, hit a rock without smashing it open, you can sit on a toilet to dispose of your, er, fruit energy :DD

I want to try this now :DD

Mimi, I have a ton of DIY recipes on my free stuff beach that you're welcome to browse for Darwin :) will open up again later.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 18:24 

@Jem I have sent a couple of those palm tree lamps across. Luckily I had some coconuts that is accidentally stored the other day to craft them as I sold the picked ones yesterday.

If you do have the red and white lighthouse please let me know what I can send for it. Bells, Nook tickets, etc.

Will keep an eye out for when you’re open to pick up a few bits for Darwin. Thank you!! xx

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 18:43 
sneering elitist

Thank you so much @Mimi yaaay

Have ordered the lighthouse - should be with me tomorrow. I don't need anything for it, got an abundance of miles at the minute!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 18:47 

Oh, Jem... thank you SO much. You’re an absolute, er, gem! That’s so, so kind. Thank you so much! ITa means a lot as we have loads of lighthouses in our decor at home because of where we went on our first date!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 18:47 

https://twitter.com/AC_mimipics/status/ ... 2656763904

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 18:50 
Comfortably Dumb

You can't help thinking they must have enjoyed adding all the little touches to the various items. I've just had a loom fall out of a balloon and I didn't expect that to have all the animation it did.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 18:51 

Oh, that loom is amazing!! I have one on my craft room. Big old thing, but joyous. I must customise it with my own pattern, too.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 18:55 

I have finally dabbled in the stink market. I’ve made a little turnip patch, too. (There aren’t actually as many turnips as it looks. I bought 120 and split them into individual tens to make this field :D

Patch is a 6x5 plot of ‘sand’ tiles overlaid with a little tilled soil design I made. Putting the sand (or dark earth) tiles down first keeps the grass overhang, softening the edges.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 18:57 
sneering elitist

Mimi wrote:
https://twitter.com/AC_mimipics/status/1257001522656763904

Hahaha that is bloomin brilliant :DD

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 19:34 
Excellent Member

Thanks Jem, I have recently learned you can buy wallpaper at the Nooks Cranny .... so now I visit people to check their shop for wallpaper :shrug:
and I love watering :D

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 19:37 

I read the other day that if you are trying to breed hybrid flowers then the number of people watering your flowers from other islands increases your chances of getting a hybrid on any bloom watered, I think exponentially, up to five people. Has anyone tried this?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 19:43 
Comfortably Dumb

I'd completely ignored the hybrid flower thing and hadn't been watering my plants at all but I guess the rain has helped as I've ended up with some hybrids anyway.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 9667865607

Mimi - did you ever find a suitable picket fence recipe? I keep looking out for one but wasn't sure if you'd found one already.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 19:52 
sneering elitist

Mimi wrote:
I read the other day that if you are trying to breed hybrid flowers then the number of people watering your flowers from other islands increases your chances of getting a hybrid on any bloom watered, I think exponentially, up to five people. Has anyone tried this?

Not done any specific testing, but a couple of people have been watering my flowers tonight so will be interesting to see how much difference it makes. I've been watering other people's flowers (including your's devilman) just in case it's true :)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 19:53 
sneering elitist

devilman wrote:
Mimi - did you ever find a suitable picket fence recipe? I keep looking out for one but wasn't sure if you'd found one already.

I was sure I'd seen white picket fence but it's not come up so I must have imagined it :S

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 19:54 

devilman wrote:
I'd completely ignored the hybrid flower thing and hadn't been watering my plants at all but I guess the rain has helped as I've ended up with some hybrids anyway.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 9667865607

No. I have the normal wooden one, but in the Nintendo direct there was white picket fencing. However, The Internet seems to suggest that it didn’t make it into the final game and the ‘Simple Fence’ file is actually named ‘white fence’ in the game, so they must have changed it. Maybe it will make it into a future update?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 19:56 

Jem wrote:
devilman wrote:

I was sure I'd seen white picket fence but it's not come up so I must have imagined it :S

Yeah, quite a few folks are convinced they saw it once but that it’s never cropped up again, but I wonder if it’s a combination of tge direct and because it feels like such an obvious choice to have I the game!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:58 
Skillmeister

Arched Window on the way Meems. I have 90% of the Nook's Cranny wallpapers and floorings if anyone needs anything else.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:37 
Comfortably Dumb

Only had a quick go this morning before opening my gate up, so not too much to report

- left a spare bonfire recipe
- Jakey has moved in from Jem's Habbo

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 2888660993

(I took the arcade machine.. sorry :) )

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:39 

Dimrill wrote:
devilman wrote:
I'm tempted to save up the miles to get the giant robot to give Godzilla someone to play with :D

I'd stay tempted. It needs 10 gold nuggets, a gold armour, 90 irons, 30 rusted parts and a rocket to build it. :S

If you dig up Gulliver’s communicator parts but don’t actually give them to him they turn into rusted parts the next day. If you needed rusted parts for an item this could be an easier way of getting them, depending how much you are after the Gulliver gifts?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:40 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
devilman wrote:
I'm tempted to save up the miles to get the giant robot to give Godzilla someone to play with :D

I'd stay tempted. It needs 10 gold nuggets, a gold armour, 90 irons, 30 rusted parts and a rocket to build it. :S

If you dig up Gulliver’s communicator parts but don’t actually give them to him they turn into rusted parts the next day. If you needed rusted parts for an item this could be an easier way of getting them, depending how much you are after the Gulliver gifts?

I'm curious as to what happens to Gulliver - does he end up stuck on the island?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:43 
Skillmeister

Mimi wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
devilman wrote:

Gulliver also gives you the golden shovel recipe once you've saved him 30 times. Apparently.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:19 
Excellent Member

Ive taken 4 rusted parts from the recycle box towards getting the giant robot built

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:31 

Thank you so much for the amazing lighthouse, @jem and for the perfect wallpaper, @dimrill!

No fossils of use to anyone today, but if anyone else has fossil lists please pop them up (preferably in the classifieds thread https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... 3&t=11485& so that it’s easy to scan through) as it is a little difficult to find the posts each day to check off.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:33 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
devilman wrote:

It seems like between us, we could get there. As you and Dimrill are probably the ones putting the most time into the game, we could contribute the bits to one of you maybe? I have the gold armour to donate. What does the rocket need?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:37 
Excellent Member

Ive taken 4 rusted parts from the recycle box towards getting the giant robot built

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:38 

devilman wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
devilman wrote:

It seems like between us, we could get there. As you and Dimrill are probably the ones putting the most time into the game, we could contribute the bits to one of you maybe? I have the gold armour to donate. What does the rocket need?

Oh, I’m not after the robot but will happily contribute whatever I have to anybody who is :D

I have a few rusted parts, some gold nuggets, the rocket recipe, loads of iron nuggets, etc x

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:56 
sneering elitist

I have a few rusted parts and gold, iron etc :D

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:58 
sneering elitist

Mimi wrote:

So, when people were watering yesterday I asked them to focus on roses & mums and I've got new flowers (mostly hybrids) in ALL roses/mum sections this morning so think there's something to this.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:35 

We’ll have to see if we can have a few watering parties. I’m trying and consistently failing to grow a green chrysanthemum and haven’t even touched on roses, but will get some planted out today, I think.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:44 
Skillmeister

Fresh recipes left at DMs!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:47 
Excellent Member

sorry I wasnt quick enough to type Hi :)
I played with the Godzilla, checked out the fossils and the wallpaper and watered some flowers now I know that does something extra
also Devilman I sent you something in the post :D

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 13:53 
Comfortably Dumb

miki wrote:
also Devilman I sent you something in the post :D

So I see! Thank you :D
https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 9139746817

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 13:55 
Comfortably Dumb

Is it possible to dig up other people's flowers? I'm not precious about the colours I have on my island, so if someone sees a colour they're after, just grab it and I'll replace it with a different one.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 13:55 
Participant in dramatic games

currently creating my maze.. it a few days it has grown enough for you and my villagers to get lost in

do you guys have 50s diner stuff you cna order for me (i'll refund the bells ofcourse).. got the basement now and that would make a nice downstairs diner

thanx mika for the fossil..

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 79  Next