Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: What's in London
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:15 
What-ho, chaps!

I wasn't going to go to MCM London at the end of the month, 'cause London's another planet and an expensive one at that. But then I heard they're going for the Guiness World Record for the largest number of assembled Legend of Zelda series cosplayers, and I've heard worse reasons to boogie. https://twitter.com/SkullKidUK/status/7 ... 7036308480

So I'll be not doing anything in London with naught to do for a Friday afternoon, all of Saturday. (I don't fancy the cram of the Saturday show, and I'd have to take the cat furry head with me, and blaah I'd like to see some other stuff too.)

What's there in the London-place for a dweeby dude travelling alone?

Usually all I end up doing when I'm in an unfamiliar city is head for the nearest second-hand place and boggle at all the SNES carts in the window that I could've bought if I didn't spend all the money I had in the world getting to the shop in the first place. The Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester was nifty.

Post subject: Re: What's in London
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:24 
SavyGamer

Tayyabs, in Whitechaple. Get the Karahi Chicken.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:13 
Excellent Member

One day I shall be arsed to visit London again, and I shall probably go to the Science Museum, which I understand to be both very good and free to enter.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:40 

Firefox wrote:
One day I shall be arsed to visit London again, and I shall probably go to the Science Museum, which I understand to be both very good and free to enter.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/

The Science Museum is great. The National History Museum is greaterer. The V&A and British museums are similarly awesome. Go to museums. They are comfy, serene, interesting and well air conditioned.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:55 

Drinkwise I'm very fond of the Ship and Shovel near Charing Cross station. Nice atmosphere and they have the Badger brewery's beers on tap.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:49 
Can you dig it?

Quote:
Mimi wrote:

The Science Museum is great. The National History Museum is greaterer. The V&A and British museums are similarly awesome. Go to museums. They are comfy, serene, interesting and well air conditioned.

:this: :this: :this:

I also enjoy taking a stroll in/around the South Bank area. Easy access in/out to pretty much anywhere through Waterloo.

Nearby you've got Westminster Bridge over to Parliament and the clock tower, and Westminster Abbey.

Other things I have enjoyed in and around that (rough) area - the big wheel (best at night IMO), the 'wobbly bridge', St Pauls, the Tate Modern, Tower Bridge - hang around and see if you can watch it open, the Tower of London. I also enjoyed doing a touristy Thames sightseeing boat ride once.

The tube is easy, but If you're by yourself, don't mind a walk, and not on a time-limit - take a stroll.

Looking at this, cor, London is an exciting city and I'm wondering why I got bored of it and wanted to leave. Oh yes, that's it - the grind of commuting and so many fucking people. And the weather. And the aggro. But as a day out or a touristy thing - marvellous place.

Last edited by Grim... on Mon May 15, 2017 9:13, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed the quote

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:25 
Excellent Member

MrD wrote:
I'd have to take the cat furry head with me

The who with the what now?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 13:53 
What-ho, chaps!

If I went to both Saturday and Sunday of MCM, I'd take two costumes. Skull Kid would be Sunday for the record attempt, so Saturday would have to be this guy, 'cause MS-DOS shareware game cosplay is what I'm all about.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 21:16 
What-ho, chaps!

I went to the Science Museum! :) They had lots of marvellous things, and a huge boner for James Watt.

It was super, super hot and I had lots of ice cream. I wandered all over the place, in fact I went twice! (The second time I tried to return home on a Sunday and it turned out I'd missed the last London Midland train to Liverpool and boy was THAT fun!)

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]