Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 0:34 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 61342
Location: Your Mum
PS4 Bezzies are loving this right now.

Lots of monsters try to fuck us up, but I set them on fire, Riles twats them with a shovel, Cras asplodes them, Wookie poops out ammo and Gaywood tries to keep us all alive.

It's super-manic and lots of fun.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 0:52 
User avatar
chewbacca -future arc welder

Joined: 25th Oct, 2011
Posts: 1506
Location: Kashyyyk
Like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:58 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44821
And it's free.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:12 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 41854
Location: The erogenous zone
Very good to hear. Downloaded this the other day but haven't tried it yet.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:25 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 61342
Location: Your Mum
The only downside is that there's a hard six-person limit, and spots tend to fill up fast.

Oh, and Craster always gets the "most kills" award because he has the boomiest guns.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:47 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 29199
Am I fucking invisible? Dicks.

I can see invisible baddies. And I got most headshots in every game. So ner.

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:03 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 1281
MrChris wrote:
Am I fucking invisible Dicks.


Nope, I can see them. All of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:36 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15254
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Grim... wrote:
The only downside is that there's a hard six-person limit, and spots tend to fill up fast.

Oh, and Craster always gets the "most kills" award because he has the boomiest guns.

:shrug:

Broadly, I assume there's never any room for me in anything these days anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 61342
Location: Your Mum
MrChris wrote:
Am I fucking invisible? Dicks.

I can see invisible baddies. And I got most headshots in every game. So ner.

Yeah, but you don't talk to us, so I keep forgetting you're there.

Also the invisible baddies are generally on fire ;)

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:22 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 61342
Location: Your Mum
Mr Dave wrote:
Grim... wrote:
The only downside is that there's a hard six-person limit, and spots tend to fill up fast.

Oh, and Craster always gets the "most kills" award because he has the boomiest guns.

:shrug:

Broadly, I assume there's never any room for me in anything these days anyway.

I can't remember when I last saw you online, to be honest.

Do you arrive really late, or something?

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:25 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47896
Location: Nottingham
Mr Dave wrote:
Broadly, I assume there's never any room for me in anything these days anyway.

We need to resurrect our super-cleeky games evenings with Ian (and now Sal as she has a gaming laptop).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:29 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15254
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Lonewolves wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Broadly, I assume there's never any room for me in anything these days anyway.

We need to resurrect our super-cleeky games evenings with Ian (and now Sal as she has a gaming laptop).

You broke off the group, just as I was about to facetiously ask about May.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47896
Location: Nottingham
Mr Dave wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Broadly, I assume there's never any room for me in anything these days anyway.

We need to resurrect our super-cleeky games evenings with Ian (and now Sal as she has a gaming laptop).

You broke off the group, just as I was about to facetiously ask about May.

Ian left first. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:35 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15254
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Alan broke off first.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:38 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 10192
Lonewolves wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Broadly, I assume there's never any room for me in anything these days anyway.

We need to resurrect our super-cleeky games evenings with Ian (and now Sal as she has a gaming laptop).

You broke off the group, just as I was about to facetiously ask about May.

Ian left first. :(


I did what now?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:47 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 29199
Grim... wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Am I fucking invisible? Dicks.

I can see invisible baddies. And I got most headshots in every game. So ner.

Yeah, but you don't talk to us, so I keep forgetting you're there.

I need to kick Ruth out of the living room. She's usually gone to bed by about 10.30 so I get a bit more chatty after that.

Quote:
Also the invisible baddies are generally on fire ;)

Pfffffff. That just makes them blend in to all the other fire.

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:50 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29158
MrChris wrote:
Quote:
Also the invisible baddies are generally on fire ;)

Pfffffff. That just makes them blend in to all the other fire.

This is a valid point. When everything is on fire, being on fire isn't much of a marker. And zeds only come in two types: a pile of flaming giblets, and ones Grim... and Cras haven't seen yet.

Also note Chris is the only one who can see health bars on enemies, right? You see that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:52 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15254
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Grim... wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Grim... wrote:
The only downside is that there's a hard six-person limit, and spots tend to fill up fast.

Oh, and Craster always gets the "most kills" award because he has the boomiest guns.

:shrug:

Broadly, I assume there's never any room for me in anything these days anyway.

I can't remember when I last saw you online, to be honest.

I took to assuming so much I didn't bother turning on the system.

Although with my shiny new PS4 I have been around quite often recently. .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:00 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 29199
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Quote:
Also the invisible baddies are generally on fire ;)

Pfffffff. That just makes them blend in to all the other fire.

This is a valid point. When everything is on fire, being on fire isn't much of a marker. And zeds only come in two types: a pile of flaming giblets, and ones Grim... and Cras haven't seen yet.

Also note Chris is the only one who can see health bars on enemies, right? You see that?

Hang on, what? you guys can't see that?!? Ha!

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:16 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29158
MrChris wrote:
Hang on, what? you guys can't see that?!? Ha!

Nope. This is one of your special abilities. You're supposed to be telling us, obv.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:18 
User avatar
chewbacca -future arc welder

Joined: 25th Oct, 2011
Posts: 1506
Location: Kashyyyk
I think I'll try a different role next time, I'm not very good at healing folk so that's, like, 50% of my support role I just completely ignore. The AA12 is fun though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:46 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44821
But tha ammo poopz

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:50 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 29199
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Hang on, what? you guys can't see that?!? Ha!

Nope. This is one of your special abilities. You're supposed to be telling us, obv.

Ah, well, no one told me that, see. From now on I'll be calling out the health levels of the Big Bad Men..

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47896
Location: Nottingham
So is this significantly better than the first game? I played that and was underwhelmed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 13:19 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 61342
Location: Your Mum
I don't think it's an amazing game per se, but it's a jolly multiplayer experience at a rather good price point.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 13:35 
8-Bit Champion
User avatar
Two heads are better than one

Joined: 16th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12888
I've played through the first mission on solo and does have a bit of a L4D feel to it - happy to join if people are on (or if there are enough for a second group)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 14:05 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29158
MrChris -- why were you so perpetually short on dosh last night? What were you typically buying, and when?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 14:11 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44821
The guides all say don't buy the M16 because it's ammo load is terrible

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 14:39 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 29199
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
MrChris -- why were you so perpetually short on dosh last night? What were you typically buying, and when?

I'm not entirely sure - the one game it was because I missed the entire first wave as I was talking to Mrs Chris, so ended up a bit behind. On the rest I really don't know. I wasn't buying a new gun until wave 3 or 4, or amour until wave 2 or so. However, I was spraying bullets around like they were going out of fashion, and ended up buying at least 3 or 4 grenades each time. When I did upgrade the gun I tended to have two assault rifles by wave 5 or 6 - an SA80 and the M16 with a 12 round M203 grenade launcher, as well as dual pistols - so was buying up a lot of expensive ammo.;

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Killing Floor 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 14:47 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29158
Huh. That's not *that* profligate. By wave 6, I typically have my tier 1 (ie. starting class-specific pistol), tier 3 and tier 4 guns. (I skip the tier 2 medic weapon, it's bad.) So we're about equivalent.

One thing I would say, as you've probably figured out now: never spend all your remaining cash on one big gun upgrade because you won't be able to afford to fill it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Columbo, Cras, MaliA, markg, The Greys, TheVision, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.