And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Keyboard
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:54 
Excellent Member

Attachment:
20161130_185418000_iOS.MOV
Had an Alienware keyboard for years, recently it stopped working.

It has 2 USB connections, one for the lights and macro keys, the other just for the keyboard. Kept getting issues with the lights connection and in the last week I've had messages saying it was wanting more power that the PC could supply, think my PSU is 1.5KW!

So bought a Corsair gaming keyboard, was attracted to the build quality and if I'm honest the huge amount of options with lights :)

Set this up last night by downloading a profile!

Was wondering if anyone else has one of these? What I would like to do is have some custom keys that open file locations. I think to start with I should have bough the G series keyboard as that comes with 12 extra keys for this sort of thing, never the less I can still do this with mine.

This issue I have was when it arrived at work I set it up on my PC and downloaded the software, it was pretty easy to set up what I wanted as there were options for Macros, shortcuts etc.

When I got it home I noticed there was a newer version of the software so installed that, this version only has an options to record Marcos

So just wondering if anyone has set up shortcuts on this sort of keyboard and can advise, I will get it done in the end but will need to find time to focus which is Saturday night at the earliest!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: New Keyboard
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 13:36 
Hello Hello Hello

I've got the Corsair K95-RGB.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/k95-rgb

Similar sort of thing but has 18 extra dedicated extra keys off to the left, this is where I save my shortcuts and macros to. However, the only game I've ever bothered to do it for is WoW as that game has about three billion keyboard shortcuts, and stuff that I've had on key combinations in the past I now have on a single key, or I've been able to do shortcuts for that I've never had shortcuts for in the past.

I'm running an old version of the Corsair Utility Engine as the last time I upgraded it wiped all my macros and shortcuts and the restore option didn't work, and whilst I've done one firmware upgrade on the keyboard itself I've left it alone for ages now as it works fine and some people say newer firmware has bricked their keyboards.

I dicked around with the lighting for a while but I guess same as most people I eventually settled on one static pattern that I liked the look of and haven't fucked around with it since.

My version of CAU is 1.13.36, do they still use the CAU or have they moved onto something else?

Attachment:
myk95.JPG

Attachment:
lighting.JPG

Attachment:
actions.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:29 
Excellent Member

There is a new version out now, its not as granular when it comes to actions it just looks to have Marcos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:08 
Excellent Member

I have an Ozone Strike Battle mechanical keyboard. I like the feel, and it looks lovely but i don't think these keyboards are worth the difference in price. I only did go for this since I didn't find any tenkeyless membrane keyboard

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]