Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: PAC-MAN CE 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:29 
Bad Girl

I'm really struggling with this (currently cheaps on PSN) not because it's difficult but because it's a step backwards from the purity of the original.

I don't mind bumping ghosts out the way (it's ok, nothing game breaking, just a bit daft) but I just can't get on with eating the ghosts after a power pill. The viewpoint switches, you can only eat the head (or some reason), you can't eat two trains at a time (the second train just goes straight through you!?) and when you get the last one you fly into the sky. It just lacks the tactile way in which you ate the first ghost and there was a slight pause and another when you ate the next which sped up as you consumed a train. You felt like a god. Now I'm just bumping around trying to get to the siding head of the train as you can't even pass through the rest of the ghosts in the train. Hnnngh.

And that maze with the confusing jumps that don't line up? It can fuck off.

And it doesn't look as nice as the original either no matter which style of maze you choose.

And the boss levels? AHAHAHAHAH. Get to fuck you pathetic waste of fucking breath.

On the one hand it's still loads of fun (and I even beat Zaphod on Dungeon cause he sucks ass) but on the other hand it's a bit disappointing and fiddly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 14:14 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

I refer the honorable gentleman to my earlier post

viewtopic.php?p=926203#p926203

Satsuma wrote:
but I just can't get on with eating the ghosts after a power pill. The viewpoint switches, you can only eat the head (or some reason), you can't eat two trains at a time (the second train just goes straight through you!?) and when you get the last one you fly into the sky. It just lacks the tactile way in which you ate the first ghost and there was a slight pause and another when you ate the next which sped up as you consumed a train. You felt like a god. Now I'm just bumping around trying to get to the siding head of the train as you can't even pass through the rest of the ghosts in the train. Hnnngh.

zaphod79 wrote:
The bit that's awkward for me should be the easiest which is after you grab the power pill and hoover up the ghosts - i wonder why they decided you *have* to get the front of the train and could not just jump in the middle ?

Satsuma wrote:
And that maze with the confusing jumps that don't line up? It can fuck off.

zaphod79 wrote:
The 'jump' pads (especially ones that go up and down at the same time) are confusing and given the speed you start going on some of the levels its easy to lose where you are

Satsuma wrote:
And the boss levels? AHAHAHAHAH. Get to fuck you pathetic waste of fucking breath.

Boss mode rant : viewtopic.php?p=926786#p926786

Satsuma wrote:
On the one hand it's still loads of fun (and I even beat Zaphod on Dungeon cause he sucks ass) but on the other hand it's a bit disappointing and fiddly.

zaphod79 wrote:
Overall i'm still on 'its a good game' but its not on the same level as CE or CEDX

I pretty much stopped playing it after i saw just how much was going to have to go into it to progress any further - if you've taken one of my scores down i may revisit it to reclaim it but i'd rather play CE1 or CEDX which are the much better games

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 14:32 

Haven't touched it since I wrote the review on my site shortly after release, whereas every now and again I go back to CEDX+

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 21:55 
Bad Girl

Get your own opinions Zaphod, geesh.

If I smash any more of your scores I'll let you know so I can make it worth your while revisiting it. Your jumping level is safe though as I've absolutely no fucking interest very playing that level again and I've only played it once.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 19:49 
Participant in dramatic games

I have to say i agree now even more.. really loved ceDX, and this just...feels like they were a bit desperate to find a new twist..

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]