Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12398
Location: Oxford
Well, that had me anxious until the Twilight Zone twist at the end.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 13:36 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9880
Location: Sunny Stoke
MaliA wrote:
Did I tell this story?
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
An  ex girlfriend of mine from 20ish years ago (rare breed, we still communicate) is a doctor currently overseas in a very troubled area. Superb cellist and alto singer, too, we met at a Radiohead concert and were in a choir together.

The Other Child (15 months) fell off the bed and landed on her head (She also cut her ear on the bedside table but this is incidental to the story). Anyhoo: she's got this lump on her neck with a bruise on it. Otherwise seems absolutely normal. I am not worried but the Big Dog was making noises over it all, so i said I would ask if anything should be done. So  i hit this lass up on facebook messenger and get over it all. (Part of me sometimes feels bad over this in a "here's what you could have won" way, but my ego knows no bounds). She says no real cause for concern but keep an eye out.

3 days later and there's this massive light red expanding patch on  the top of the kid's head. I'm shitting bricks over this when i see it and start typing out a long message as to just what i should do and how should i explain it away to The Authorities. I am convinced it is a fractured skull bleeding  out under the skin. I'm about to hit send and bounce this panic to the other side of the world and MrsA appears, holding the red paint stained clothes that were the casualty of the day's painting at nursery.


So. Yeah.


Being a doctor on social media must be worse than being a geek. Instead of people messaging you with 'why is my 15 year-old computer running slowly?', it's 'why does it hurt when I do this?' and 'should my stools be this colour (see attached)?'

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 14:49 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Apr, 2011
Posts: 450
Location: NL
Trousers, I'm so glad your girl is doing much better!

MaliA, brilliant! you have made my week, first genuine grin today - could only have been better with a picture


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 15:10 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42554
Location: West Yorkshire
miki wrote:
Trousers, I'm so glad your girl is doing much better!

MaliA, brilliant! you have made my week, first genuine grin today - could only have been better with a picture


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 19:59 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Apr, 2011
Posts: 450
Location: NL
thank you! :DD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 15:59 
Excellent Member

Joined: 5th Dec, 2010
Posts: 3088
Worked my nuts off for the last 6 days in Denmark moving our office. All done aside from the tosser local phone company who I've been chasing to move the site phone numbers and line for 6 weeks (old and new office are next door to each other as well!)

As of now there is a cable with one end in the basement and one end in the office both of which need joining to things, 30 mins work.

They will be back in 7 days despite a promise it would be done today :(

Aside from this its gone well, everything done on time and although it was long days I have enjoyed myself. We are supposed to have "global" server people at work, but they are far from it. So I got to get my hand dirty putting in and removing servers and network stuff, not done this for years.

Office opens tomorrow and I will be praised by all the EU senior managers who are over for a wine and cheese type party.

Its more a case of how totaly shit IT was before I was given this office to look after than how great I am!

Still its getting me more pofile with people and more interesting stuff to do these days.

Of course the biggest Yay is I will see my wife and kids tomorrow night :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 16:14 
User avatar
Sitting balls-back folder

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 8605
Will they be praising you over cheese and wine while you sit in the airport debating over the expensibility of a cup of inadequate tea?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 16:39 
User avatar
EvilTrousers

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 2971
The offspring got her final blood test results back today - she has an infection level of 1 which the doctors are very pleased about. I don't know if the scale goes from 1 to 100 or 1 to 3 but either way the Docs are pleased and she's finished her course of antibiotics and is back at school tomorrow.

She was at mine at the weekend and she was back to her old self managing to remind me whenever I asked her to lift a finger that "I've just been in Hospital".

_________________
Everyone but Zardoz is better than me at videogames.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 17:21 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42855
Location: The erogenous zone
Give her a break! You oldies just don't understand.

Pleased to hear she's ok :luv:

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 19:06 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 3103
asfish wrote:
Worked my nuts off for the last 6 days in Denmark moving our office. All done aside from the tosser local phone company who I've been chasing to move the site phone numbers and line for 6 weeks (old and new office are next door to each other as well!)

As of now there is a cable with one end in the basement and one end in the office both of which need joining to things, 30 mins work.

They will be back in 7 days despite a promise it would be done today :(

Aside from this its gone well, everything done on time and although it was long days I have enjoyed myself. We are supposed to have "global" server people at work, but they are far from it. So I got to get my hand dirty putting in and removing servers and network stuff, not done this for years.

Office opens tomorrow and I will be praised by all the EU senior managers who are over for a wine and cheese type party.

Its more a case of how totaly shit IT was before I was given this office to look after than how great I am!

Still its getting me more pofile with people and more interesting stuff to do these days.

Of course the biggest Yay is I will see my wife and kids tomorrow night :)


Sounds like a really satisfying bit of work there. Well done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:21 
User avatar
:3

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 1720
Location: Broseley
That's awesome news Trousers.

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 13:47 
Excellent Member

Joined: 5th Dec, 2010
Posts: 3088
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
asfish wrote:
Worked my nuts off for the last 6 days in Denmark moving our office. All done aside from the tosser local phone company who I've been chasing to move the site phone numbers and line for 6 weeks (old and new office are next door to each other as well!)

As of now there is a cable with one end in the basement and one end in the office both of which need joining to things, 30 mins work.

They will be back in 7 days despite a promise it would be done today :(

Aside from this its gone well, everything done on time and although it was long days I have enjoyed myself. We are supposed to have "global" server people at work, but they are far from it. So I got to get my hand dirty putting in and removing servers and network stuff, not done this for years.

Office opens tomorrow and I will be praised by all the EU senior managers who are over for a wine and cheese type party.

Its more a case of how totaly shit IT was before I was given this office to look after than how great I am!

Still its getting me more profile with people and more interesting stuff to do these days.

Of course, the biggest Yay is I will see my wife and kids tomorrow night :)


Sounds like a really satisfying bit of work there. Well done.


They were very happy and ridiculously generous, the head of the EU sent a minion out to get presents for my kids as I had worked the weekend as part of a 7-day stint

Would rather not have worked the weekend, but it's rare I have to and you need the time for unforeseen things with these moves.

I had to make them take back some £90 Lego Starwars ship they bought for my son, it was too complex and too bloody big for my case :)

They had got it from a Mall over the road so I got a smaller set for him, they also bought really nice clothes for our baby as well

Very nice and unexpected


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 16:03 
User avatar
Sitting balls-back folder

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 8605
I just burnt my thumb reasonably badly but I get smoked chicken, sausages and streaky bacon in a couple of hours.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:40 
User avatar
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 5089
Nay: Mrs Squirt bought a bottle of some fancy essential oil stuff and the dropped it and it smashed, and I had to pick bits of glass up everywhere.

Yay: I smell fucking lovely this morning.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 19:19 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 3103
I had to have my cat put to sleep a week or so back, after a reocurrence of his blocked bladder.
I miss him hugely as he was awesome, but I will be getting this pair in a few weeks.

Attachment:
22448330_598222260301390_7482006439592471219_n.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 20:45 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48924
Location: Nottingham
Sorry to hear that, but glad you are getting some new additions to the household!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 20:53 
Best
User avatar
Board Mother

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 9436
Location: Mount Olympus
Sorry to hear about your cat Z, but those pair are gorgeous!

_________________
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GJ is right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:38 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42554
Location: West Yorkshire
MrsA didn't cancel a subscription thing, so we're received a crate of wine.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:24 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32427
Yay! I've just solved a niggling issue with starting up the AV equipment in the Great Hall! It's been going for years!

Nay! I cracked my right temple good and hard on the corner of the cabinet whilst standing up. Ouch!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 21:51 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32427
I'm at a quiz! Yay!

I'm doing the tech! Nay!

I'm getting overtime! Yay!

I'm the oldest person in the room by a clear 6 years! Nay!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:21 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 1851
Only 6?! I'm backpacking in Asia. I'm the oldest person in most places I go to by 20 years. Talking to people who could be my son or daughter.

(It's pretty great. Though alarming numbers of the fuckers smoke - thought that generation would be more over it.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:23 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 1851
Oh yeah, and on that note - at lunch the other day, us three Brits realised we all went to Leeds uni! One of them graduated ages ago, like 5-6 years. The other 2-3. They were very kind in the game of 'was X there in the 90s?' that followed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 20:18 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42554
Location: West Yorkshire
Somehow lost my copy of Taylor Swift's "1989" in the car. Which is fucking annoying because, as an album, it's fucking tight and wrung to perfection. Seriously good*.

In its place I'be been listening to Unkle's 2017 The Road which is really good, too.


_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 20:20 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48924
Location: Nottingham
You still use physical media? How quaint.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 20:23 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15536
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Lonewolves wrote:
You still use physical media? How quaint.

Says the owner of a hipster vinyl collection.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 20:23 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42554
Location: West Yorkshire
Lonewolves wrote:
You still use physical media? How quaint.


Drive through Bradford, mate, they subscribe to redistribution of the wealth theories slightly different to you, so I am not leaving an S5 lying about.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 20:37 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 10658
I also think 1989 is brilliant. Red is similarly brilliant and Speak Now is less brill but still great.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pod People, The Greys and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.