Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:00 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4259
Lonewolves wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
In short, Deadpool is still undisputed champion of Marvel movies. What I have seen.

It's not a Marvel movie, for the purposes of this thread.


#driveby.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 14:28 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4259
MaliA wrote:
Garfield has superpowers.

Eating lasagne and not liking Mondays are not superpowers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 14:33 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26063
Location: Kidbrooke
Pundabaya wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Garfield has superpowers.

Eating lasagne and not liking Mondays are not superpowers.


Awwwww, man!

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 15:49 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62585
Location: Your Mum
Pundabaya wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Garfield has superpowers.

Eating lasagne and not liking Mondays are not superpowers.

Unless he means Garfield Logan.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 17:13 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42554
Location: West Yorkshire
Grim... wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Garfield has superpowers.

Eating lasagne and not liking Mondays are not superpowers.

Unless he means Garfield Logan.


No. Garfield the Cat. He's aware of the medium he exists in.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 16:38 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62585
Location: Your Mum
So, Doctor Strange was very beautiful, but not overly good, IMO. It wasn't as funny as some of the other Marvel films, and there was no real tension.

The magic was cool, though, and it was pretty awesome when the Ancient One let loose and started kicking ass. And Strange's cloak was fucking sweet!

I also liked the credits bit with Thor in. Magical beer!

Also, the Thor / Strange / Loki team-up is going to be quite the thing.

Finally: was he always American?

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 20:26 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62585
Location: Your Mum
Hurrah, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 didn't suck!

There were some property lol-worthy moments, especially Mary Poppins and The Hoff.

I wasn't entirely sure about Ego, though. You can't fight a planet with pistols, you just can't.

The opening scene with Groot running around was ace, as was anything with Dax in.

I'm not sure why Groot was so stupid, though.

Very good / 10

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 21:09 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26063
Location: Kidbrooke
Groot is, essentially, a small child. So he doesn't understand things so well.

I thought fighting Ego was okay. They tried guns and got absolutely slaughtered. Only managed to delay him when Peter went all GODMODE on him.

What annoyed/annoys me is Yondu and his silly arrow. I actually think the arrow is cool, but for it to work it need hardened killers to stand still for about thirty seconds while he gets it to do a nice round trip to get everyone. It was daft in the first one, but he killed largely stupid drones. To them take out at least vaguely competent people just seems a bit stupid.

But, equally, it's a Marvel movie in space where the hero is half-god/planet, so I should stop moaning.

I took the 6 year old to see it. She loved the movie, but took the death at the end very, very badly!

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 21:38 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62585
Location: Your Mum
But Groot can talk and perform complicated fighting moves, but yes, spaceships and stuff.

Did anyone see who the beings were during the first warp jump?

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 0:31 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 8906
Curiosity wrote:
What annoyed/annoys me is Yondu and his silly arrow. I actually think the arrow is cool, but for it to work it need hardened killers to stand still for about thirty seconds while he gets it to do a nice round trip to get everyone. It was daft in the first one, but he killed largely stupid drones. To them take out at least vaguely competent people just seems a bit stupid.


Didn't they basically address that with the scene where everything was done in slow motion? The implication was that the arrow was doing everything just so quickly that no one had time to react. Granted that is a slight retcon of what we've seen before but it wasn't too jarring I didn't think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32427
Grim... wrote:
But Groot can talk and perform complicated fighting moves, but yes, spaceships and stuff.

Did anyone see who the beings were during the first warp jump?

With Stan? They were Watchers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:22 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62585
Location: Your Mum
No, there was one before that, I thought.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 13:17 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26063
Location: Kidbrooke
Grim... wrote:
No, there was one before that, I thought.


Yeah, I think I can recall something along those lines but it all zaps by so fast. I shall endeavour to watch it again and make a note.

I'm still not entirely convinced by the arrow thing, but it's not gonna keep me up at night :)

Really did enjoy it. Probably the best Marvel movie since the last Guardians.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 19:19 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62585
Location: Your Mum
Spider-Man was a lot of fun, although it didn't manage to keep up the humour of his bits in Cap3.

The final pre-generated bit was probably the best part :D

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 19:26 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18201
Location: shropshire, uk
Might take my boy to see it this weekend.

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 20:29 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62585
Location: Your Mum
I also liked Karen, although I thought she was a bit too good at conversation for an AI.

I'm not sure I really likes the big bad - I thought the wing suit was far too complicated in it's range of movement to be "driven", and it just never struck me as threatening. Spidey should have been way stronger than it.

Also I totally guessed that the stalker girl was MJ. I find the lack of ginger disturbing.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:18 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 8906
The single hardest aspect of the setup to believe was that their engineer guy--who seemed to be some kind of utter fucking tech genius given that he could integrate earth and alien tech in about five minutes near the start--was happy just creating weapons and being told what to do by a bunch of assholes when people like Stark would be falling over themselves to offer him a job given the ability he displayed throughout.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 14:02 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26063
Location: Kidbrooke
Really enjoyed Spidey. The actor brought a lot of the good-natured comic humour to it that I was after, and overall it was just fun.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 14:17 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48924
Location: Nottingham
So this thread is useless if you haven't seen every single Marvel film and want to avoid spoilers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 14:23 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62585
Location: Your Mum
Yes.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 14:27 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45640
The first few posts are pretty clear on that

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 14:28 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26063
Location: Kidbrooke
Lonewolves wrote:
So this thread is useless if you haven't seen every single Marvel film and want to avoid spoilers


There's another thread for people who do not fit that criteria, and an abundance of threads you could create to fill any gaps in the current offering.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:05 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4259
Bamba wrote:
The single hardest aspect of the setup to believe was that their engineer guy--who seemed to be some kind of utter fucking tech genius given that he could integrate earth and alien tech in about five minutes near the start--was happy just creating weapons and being told what to do by a bunch of assholes when people like Stark would be falling over themselves to offer him a job given the ability he displayed throughout.


One problem that comic books (and by extension comic book movies) have always had is that you have all these geniuses running round inventing these amazing technologies... Which they then use to rob banks or fight crime or try to kill Superman. If they just got a real job and sold their inventions they'd be billionaires and would make everyone's life better.

Seriously, think of all the possible uses for Peter Parker's web fluid, and he uses it to swing round the city and truss up petty crooks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:11 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 8906
Pundabaya wrote:
Bamba wrote:
The single hardest aspect of the setup to believe was that their engineer guy--who seemed to be some kind of utter fucking tech genius given that he could integrate earth and alien tech in about five minutes near the start--was happy just creating weapons and being told what to do by a bunch of assholes when people like Stark would be falling over themselves to offer him a job given the ability he displayed throughout.


One problem that comic books (and by extension comic book movies) have always had is that you have all these geniuses running round inventing these amazing technologies... Which they then use to rob banks or fight crime or try to kill Superman. If they just got a real job and sold their inventions they'd be billionaires and would make everyone's life better.

Seriously, think of all the possible uses for Peter Parker's web fluid, and he uses it to swing round the city and truss up petty crooks.


To be fair they've recently addressed that last part as Peter Parker is currently CEO of Parker Industries which is a massive international tech company using, amongst other things, wider applications of the stuff he initially invented to make him better at Spidermanning.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 18:35 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18201
Location: shropshire, uk
I really liked Spider-Man

Laughed out quite a few times.

I liked it was small. Not saving the earth or the galaxy.

Just a kid doing his best.

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 20:43 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48924
Location: Nottingham
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
So this thread is useless if you haven't seen every single Marvel film and want to avoid spoilers


There's another thread for people who do not fit that criteria, and an abundance of threads you could create to fill any gaps in the current offering.

I wasn't criticising, just observing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 14:47 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26063
Location: Kidbrooke
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
So this thread is useless if you haven't seen every single Marvel film and want to avoid spoilers


There's another thread for people who do not fit that criteria, and an abundance of threads you could create to fill any gaps in the current offering.

I wasn't criticising, just observing.


O RLY

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 14:23 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45640
PSA - an infinity wars trailer has leaked. It apparently spoilers the end of Thor: Ragnarok, so watch with care if you care.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 14:31 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 8906
The new trailer for Thor: Ragnarok looks fucking amazing. They've gone all in with the 80s prog rock album cover aesthetic and it's absolutely not taking itself too seriously.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 15:25 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32427
Bamba wrote:
The new trailer for Thor: Ragnarok looks fucking amazing. They've gone all in with the 80s prog rock album cover aesthetic and it's absolutely not taking itself too seriously.

I've just watched it and I agree. It looks fucking amazing.

Very much in the Guardians of The Galaxy style.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pod People, The Greys and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.