Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 14:23 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 49219
Location: Nottingham
Grim... wrote:
Oh God, I thought it was just the "racist" joke because it had the word "black" in it.

Why? That wouldn't be funny.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 14:31 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 8983
Lonewolves wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Oh God, I thought it was just the "racist" joke because it had the word "black" in it.

Why? That wouldn't be funny.


It's like you've never posted here before.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 14:32 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18280
Location: shropshire, uk
LewieP wrote:
I think the Black Panther movie is going to be amazing, and I'm really happy for black kids (and adults) that they get to have a massive blockbuster superhero movie finally. It's really cool that it's a black director, writers and most of the cast. It's great to have a black story being told on this scale that isn't another black struggle tearjerker, but an action packed afrofuturist superhero movie.

I bet it's going to sell a lot of tickets too. It'll bring the regular marvel audience out, but every black nerd and lots of non-nerds are going to come out for it. Especially with it being the lead in to Avengers 3.



How many times can you use the word black??

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 14:41 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 8983
KovacsC wrote:
LewieP wrote:
I think the Black Panther movie is going to be amazing, and I'm really happy for black kids (and adults) that they get to have a massive blockbuster superhero movie finally. It's really cool that it's a black director, writers and most of the cast. It's great to have a black story being told on this scale that isn't another black struggle tearjerker, but an action packed afrofuturist superhero movie.

I bet it's going to sell a lot of tickets too. It'll bring the regular marvel audience out, but every black nerd and lots of non-nerds are going to come out for it. Especially with it being the lead in to Avengers 3.



How many times can you use the word black??


I don't think there's an upper limit. In this case it's six (did you have trouble counting?) but I'm sure it's been used a lot more than that before.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 14:52 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26135
Location: Kidbrooke
BLACK!

YOU LOCK ME IN THE CELLAR AND FEED ME PINS!


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 17:53 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29961
Image

Via https://twitter.com/broderick/status/936175464686768130




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 19:11 
User avatar
SavyGamer

Joined: 29th Apr, 2008
Posts: 7105
Bamba wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
LewieP wrote:
I think the Black Panther movie is going to be amazing, and I'm really happy for black kids (and adults) that they get to have a massive blockbuster superhero movie finally. It's really cool that it's a black director, writers and most of the cast. It's great to have a black story being told on this scale that isn't another black struggle tearjerker, but an action packed afrofuturist superhero movie.

I bet it's going to sell a lot of tickets too. It'll bring the regular marvel audience out, but every black nerd and lots of non-nerds are going to come out for it. Especially with it being the lead in to Avengers 3.



How many times can you use the word black??


I don't think there's an upper limit. In this case it's six (did you have trouble counting?) but I'm sure it's been used a lot more than that before.

Pretty sure they even used it on the cover of every issue of Black Panther.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 19:36 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4290
Isn't black panther a tautology anyway? If a panther isn't black then it's a leopard/jaguar/whatever. Panther being a melanistic big cat. He should be the Perfectly Normal Panther. Or Melanistic Jaguar.

Or they should have got Mos Def in and called it Def Leopard.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 19:44 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4290
I'm looking forward to Andy Serkis as Ulysses Klaue, btw.

Just cos he looked like he was having fun in Age of Ultron.

(I thought it was a shame we didn't get more "Loki as Odin" in Ragnarok because it looked like Sir Anthony was having a blast.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 20:54 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62844
Location: Your Mum
Pundabaya wrote:
Isn't black panther a tautology anyway? If a panther isn't black then it's a leopard/jaguar/whatever. Panther being a melanistic big cat. He should be the Perfectly Normal Panther. Or Melanistic Jaguar.

Or they should have got Mos Def in and called it Def Leopard.

Panther != leopard

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: krazywookie, Pod People, The Greys, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.