Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:02 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29832
I'm fed up with the spoiler tags in the movie thread, and anyway this can be a thread to itself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:10 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62624
Location: Your Mum
Hmm - what if I want to discuss (say) Deadpool but haven't seen Cap3?

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:10 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62624
Location: Your Mum
Starting meta!

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:13 
User avatar
SavyGamer

Joined: 29th Apr, 2008
Posts: 7062
I guess I agree that Civil War was very much a Captain America movie, but there was plot critical Avengers stuff that happened (and how will they reconcile wanting Avengers 3 to make sense for people who have and haven't seen Civil War, without making it feel entirely inconsequential in the long run?). I guess this is sort of a problem for comics, compounded for the movies by the fact that it's trickier to replace an actor than a writer/artist.

I also think that eventually we are going to get an Avengers movie with at least one of the main cast from the first two movies missing. Feels like they need to give Iron Man a bit of a rest at this point, and depending on their contracts there's probably a financial element to these decisions.

Where was Kick Ass/Quicksilver in Civil War?

Is it weird to anyone else that we haven't had a Ruffalo Hulk movie?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:13 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29832
Deadpool isn't in the MCU. And if you don't want spoilers for any film you shouldn't be in here. This is pretty clear. Next!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:14 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62624
Location: Your Mum
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Deadpool isn't in the MCU.

Nim nim nim.

Quote:
And if you don't want spoilers for any film you shouldn't be in here. This is pretty clear. Next!

I guess my thinking is - why not a Cap3 thread?

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:14 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 8787
Location: Devon
Do you mean cinematic universe? So only the films with the Avengers in? Or any Film based on a Marvel comic?

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:15 
User avatar
SavyGamer

Joined: 29th Apr, 2008
Posts: 7062
Malc wrote:
Do you mean cinematic universe? So only the films with the Avengers in? Or any Film based on a Marvel comic?

Yeah I guess it's for these films.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M ... erse_films


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:17 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 8787
Location: Devon
LewieP wrote:
Malc wrote:
Do you mean cinematic universe? So only the films with the Avengers in? Or any Film based on a Marvel comic?

Yeah I guess it's for these films.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M ... erse_films


I know that, but the thread title says Marvel Comics Universe, not Cinematic

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:17 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29832
LewieP wrote:
but there was plot critical Avengers stuff that happened (and how will they reconcile wanting Avengers 3 to make sense for people who have and haven't seen Civil War, without making it feel entirely inconsequential in the long run?)
You touched on this on Twitter and you have a good point. I think Marvel needs to be careful about how much cross-film continuity it introduces; Ultron had too much for my tastes, for example. But it feels like they are taking steps to reduce this: at the end of Ultron Thor and Hulk left, and at the end of Civil War Cap, Falcon, Bucky, et al have all been taken off the stage too. That feels like a conscious attempt to thin the characters out.

Quote:
Is it weird to anyone else that we haven't had a Ruffalo Hulk movie?

Aren't we getting World War Hulk, or have I confused a rumour for a fact?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:17 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62624
Location: Your Mum
Malc wrote:
I know that, but the thread title says Marvel Comics Universe, not Cinematic

Vindicated.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:17 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 2046
Aren't there rights issues preventing another standalone MCU Hulk film?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:18 
User avatar
SavyGamer

Joined: 29th Apr, 2008
Posts: 7062
Malc wrote:
LewieP wrote:
Malc wrote:
Do you mean cinematic universe? So only the films with the Avengers in? Or any Film based on a Marvel comic?

Yeah I guess it's for these films.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M ... erse_films


I know that, but the thread title says Marvel Comics Universe, not Cinematic

Aye, should probably be corrected for clarity.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:19 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29832
Grim... wrote:
I guess my thinking is - why not a Cap3 thread?

Because then we'll end up discussing Dr Strange in the Movies megathread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:20 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 29832
LewieP wrote:
Malc wrote:

I know that, but the thread title says Marvel Comics Universe, not Cinematic

Aye, should probably be corrected for clarity.

I goofed. Fixed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:22 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62624
Location: Your Mum
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I guess my thinking is - why not a Cap3 thread?

Because then we'll end up discussing Dr Strange in the Movies megathread.

Obviously that'd get a Dr Strange thread.

However, I'm fully aware that Beex is too lazy ;)

I'm out, then - Cras is moderating this one until the weekend when I see Cap 3!

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:29 
User avatar
SavyGamer

Joined: 29th Apr, 2008
Posts: 7062
Here, I can't remember what happened with Gwyneth Paltrow. Did the character leave Tony for some reason, or is there another explanation for her absence?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Comics Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:30 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 8919
LewieP wrote:
Where was Kick Ass/Quicksilver in Civil War?


Busy being dead surely?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:32 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26068
Location: Kidbrooke
LewieP wrote:
Here, I can't remember what happened with Gwyneth Paltrow. Did the character leave Tony for some reason, or is there another explanation for her absence?


Their relationship was strained but recovering. I guess her not being in this one was either Gwyneth being busy or them just showing that he's a bit depressed and disillusioned with Avenging. It gives his character more of a reason to side with the Accords.

And Quicksilver died in Avengers 2, as it was confusing to have him in Avengers and also X Men.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:35 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 8919
LewieP wrote:
Here, I can't remember what happened with Gwyneth Paltrow. Did the character leave Tony for some reason, or is there another explanation for her absence?


There was a brief comment from Tony himself saying something along the lines of them splitting up because he couldn't give up the hero stuff. At least that's how I took it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:37 
User avatar
SavyGamer

Joined: 29th Apr, 2008
Posts: 7062
Ha I didn't remember him dying at all. Edit: Doubt it was out of courtesy to Fox though, given how they only put Quicksilver in DOFP at the last minute when he showed up in a Marvel post credit scene, the original script had Juggernaut playing that role, which would have actually made a lot more sense, even though Quicksilver worked too.

Was Civil War the first time Gwyneth Paltrow has been curiously absent? Was that not the case in Age of Ultron too?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:38 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26068
Location: Kidbrooke
LewieP wrote:
Ha I didn't remember him dying at all.

Was Civil War the first time Gwyneth Paltrow has been curiously absent? Was that not the case in Age of Ultron too?


I think she was in that briefly, but I could be wrong.

Quicksilver dived in front of bullets aimed at Hawkeye.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 17:54 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42598
Location: West Yorkshire
Bamba wrote:
LewieP wrote:
Here, I can't remember what happened with Gwyneth Paltrow. Did the character leave Tony for some reason, or is there another explanation for her absence?


There was a brief comment from Tony himself saying something along the lines of them splitting up because he couldn't give up the hero stuff. At least that's how I took it.


Me, too.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 19:00 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4261
They got rid of Hulk and Thor ... Because you can't have a superhero vs superhero film with those two around without either a pretty tasty kill-count or it feeling contrived.

Whichever side the Banner picks wins by default.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 20:44 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45658
Curiosity wrote:
LewieP wrote:
Ha I didn't remember him dying at all.

Was Civil War the first time Gwyneth Paltrow has been curiously absent? Was that not the case in Age of Ultron too?


I think she was in that briefly, but I could be wrong


I think you're wrong. Was she even in IM3?

Re Thor/Hulk, don't forget the Civil War comics was the introduction of Ragnarok.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 21:14 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32440
She was very much in Iron Man 3. Remember ye not how it ended?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 21:18 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45658
Nope

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 21:22 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32440
Brad Pitt opens the box and inside... well, I won't spoil it for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 22:43 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42598
Location: West Yorkshire
DavPaz wrote:
Brad Pitt opens the box and inside... well, I won't spoil it for you.


Inside was ANOTHER BOX so he opens that and..

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler thread: discuss all films
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 0:58 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15554
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
DavPaz wrote:
Brad Pitt opens the box and inside... well, I won't spoil it for you.


Was it a penis?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chinese Hackers, Morse, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.