Sleepyhead

Saturnalian wrote:
When did they stop adding Sabotage to Call of Duty? It's the best game mode. :(

I can't stand it.

Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 13 : Infinite Warfare
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:46 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Given the last few games I think bobby has found a gun that actually works but a few things about guns / attachments / perks

There are some boost perks but most of them are to turn off something about the game modes or the other players - i normally try to play with ones that basically turn off stuff that makes me show up or that make make me visible for the automatic score streaks

So perk wise i try to play with :

Blind Eye – Undetectable by AI targeting systems, including air support and sentries - so this stops the wardens or shock sentries from targetting me
Cold Blooded – Invisible to thermal detection systems - again stops stuff finding me
Hardwired – Immune to EMP effects, blocks equipment or abilities that outline you for enemies - so stops things from showing me up on the map

And

Engineer – Detect enemy equipment and scorestreaks through walls and delay activation of enemy mines.

Engineer was the perk i unlocked after my first prestige - i play with it on so you can 'see' the items around the map - both friendly and enemy , it also stops me from tripping mines or other dropped items - my 2nd prestige unlock went for Cold Blooded

Gun wise the first few guns work fine - the N4 is a basic gun that will do the job - for my guns i want to unlock the 3rd sight which gives a green outline for enemies when you scope , and i play with either quickdraw / foregrip or once its unlocked foregrip and laser sight

The only other thing i have is a grenade which is a basic one at the start - the scuttle bomb once its unlocked and then C4 after its available

Score streaks are the default ones until i unlock counter UAV (which i swap for the scarab) , sentry in place of scorchers and then later the drone package

Rig is the Synapse with the machine guns until i unlock the beast mode

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:55 
Awesome
Yes

Curiosity wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
When did they stop adding Sabotage to Call of Duty? It's the best game mode. :(

I can't stand it.

I know you planned it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:07 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Good work, fellows.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 13:09 
INFINITE POWAH

Good times last night. I liked how APOD huffed off after the last match because it was the only one where I did better than him. :)

I finally worked out what the keys are for! I have a new head.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 14:08 
8-Bit Champion

MrChris wrote:
I finally worked out what the keys are for! I have a new head.

Mr Chris earlier today

FYI you get some 'bonus' for signing in each day , thats either keys / a free box / some salvage , and get 2 items if you bought a season pass.

For BLOPS the 'cheap' box was virtually always a waste of time and you really needed to save up for the 30 keys to unlock anything useful , i'm not sure if this is the same (yet).

If you have unlocked any epic / legendary weapons when you setup your class you move the cursor to the right on the weapon and you can select them - some can be quite overpowered (and its the only way you can setup the NUKE power)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 14:15 
INFINITE POWAH

Thanks chap - I worked out the legendary etc weapons bit as well, after a while.

What does salvage do?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 14:33 
8-Bit Champion

MrChris wrote:
What does salvage do?

You use salvage to build the legendary / epic weapons you dont have

Going from a standard gun to the first level 'special' gun is around 200 salvage
Going to the next one is 500 , and I think the steps up from there are 1000,2000,4000

So if you find a gun you like you'll probably be able to get at least the first special version of that pretty easily.

Its in Quartermaster / weapons and there are pages then for each weapon type.

One thing that is annoying is that if you get lucky and get an epic or legendary out of a crate you still need to craft the lower weapons before you can move up

Not mine but a screenshot of the crafting / building options

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 16:58 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Those high level unlocks take a lot of salvage. I'm still 1000 salvage short of turning my assault rifle that comes apart into two pistols into an assault rifle that comes apart into two shotguns (legendary tier).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 18:03 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

I'm increasingly of the view that the NV4 - Fallout is a long way short of being 'rare', let alone legendary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 18:14 
INFINITE POWAH

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I'm increasingly of the view that the NV4 - Fallout is a long way short of being 'rare', let alone legendary.

Every blighter seems to have one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 18:19 
Sleepyhead

I have the epic version, I think. It has infinite damage distance and something else that I forget. It's good.

I always see people with that pissing epic SMG that looks a bit like a P90. Grrrr.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:10 
Wait... so bobby has this now?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 
Sleepyhead

nickachu wrote:

Yep. He has the legacy edition too, so we can play Sheepment

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 14:41 
8-Bit Champion

So some discussion last night about the same maps coming up again and again i had a quick look to see what the maps available should be

http://gamingintel.com/2016/10/28/infin ... map-names/
or
http://codifornia.com/infinite-warfare- ... -rotations

Quote:
Breakout
Crusher
Scorch
Retaliation
Frontier
Grounded
Precinct
Frost
Throwback
Skydock
Mayday
Terminal (Bonus Map)

So with just the names thats no good so basic info :

Breakout - AKA Grannys prisoner transfer zone - the map with B in the small room in the middle
Crusher - Outside 'red' map with A next to a few crates and C outside overlooked by some machinery - lots of big industrial machinery around
Scorch - The other 'outside' red map , B is on a raised platform in the middle (overlooked by Grannys room) A is next to a rock and C is outside but next to the buildings- also contains grannys corridor between A and C which normally has some campy lying down b***
Retaliation - The near present day one with Grannys bike shop (next to B) and with the A point in the graveyard
Frontier - Set inside the space station - the really small map with B downstairs in a long corridor
Grounded - Map set on a planet with a crashed spaceship at C (behind a little barrier) , B is overlooked by some caves at one side an a little boxy habitat room
Precinct - Cat one !
Frost - Ice map with Indian flags on some buildings
Throwback - HALO map with the lemonaid stand and the tram station in the middle
Skydock - on Spacestation with A and C quite close together and B overlooked from Grannys control room - its hard to describe this one but we end up playing on it a lot
Mayday - set on a spaceship in space which is falling apart - A and C at opposite side and B in the middle overlooked by 2 little sniping platforms
Terminal (Bonus Map) - I've never had this come up in rotation (although I did play it a few times in the beta)

Interestingly googling for IW + mapname (to remind myself on what these maps are) just throws up never ending links and videos of people glitching out of the maps :-(

And putting that together I realized that Genesis is not listed on either page (the small map which we were complainging was not showing up at all yesterday) - A and C close together with the room between them and B in a separate building

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 14:56 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Genesis and Grounded have been removed while glitches are fixed :(

Apparently the FTL jump perk which whizzes you forward can also be used vertically to whizz you out of the map.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:12 
Sleepyhead

Genesis is a good map, and the one where I've directly experienced a glitcher killing us from off the map. Hope they fix it soon.

I love Terminal, as it is a reskin of the same map from a previous iteration, and has some beautiful long sight lines for sniping.

The one with Granny's bike shop and the graveyard has a ledge you can get to above C too. I remember seeing Zaphod kill someone there once.

I do miss sniping a bit. In Hardcore it is basically pointless, though I played a few games of normal and it is a viable option in that mode (on some maps).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:52 
Bad Girl

Sniping is prevailing and awesome in MWR.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 16:01 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:

I do like the way it invalidates much of the map.

He lied.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 16:05 
INFINITE POWAH

Is MWR available standalone?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 16:13 
UltraMod

MrChris wrote:

Not officially (yet), but you can get it on cdkeys for £35ish, which is far too expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 16:19 
8-Bit Champion

MrChris wrote:

Yes , but only occasionally and for generally crazy money :-( (you can buy the code from CDkeys right now for £60 *just* for MWR - they have had is as low as £32)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 16:54 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:

I do like the way it invalidates much of the map.

He lied.

Not so much. On Bog, for example, sightlines can be cut down but easily addressed by smoke/noob tubes or going another route; on Crash you can have snipers and counter sniping along one long corridor but it's not the main route across; other maps allow for some sniping in some areas but it's generally restrictive in others.

Infinite Warfare, on the other hand, is garbage for sniping pretty much everywhere cause most of the maps are dreadful &/or the TTK is far too sodding low.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 17:30 
INFINITE POWAH

Good, because sniping is for khunts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 17:49 
8-Bit Champion

MrChris wrote:
Good, because sniping is for khunts.

It is one of the changes from the Beta , where people would just no-scope you from anywhere.

The Beta did not have HC modes (only regular) and if you played from about the 2nd day most of the teams had snipers who simply pointed their gun in your direction and you died - very frustrating when you'd need to empty a clip into them to take them down.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 18:19 
Sleepyhead

I had a go on Terminal as a sniper and it went very well. You can get a few kills in a single spot, but in normal mode you have the kill cam, so the enemies quickly work out where you are, and there is ALWAYS an alternative route to get to where you are hiding.

One thing I don't like in IW, despite benefitting from it, is how easy it is to bypass the trip mines and other kill streak equipment via the perks. Seems way easier than previous iterations, and I never get bothered by any of the mines, sentries, or massive flying things (or even UAVs). Not having a trustworthy claymore behind you make it harder to camp a spot, even for a matter of seconds.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 18:48 
Rude Belittler

Fuck snipers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 20:05 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Curiosity wrote:
I had a go on Terminal as a sniper and it went very well. You can get a few kills in a single spot, but in normal mode you have the kill cam, so the enemies quickly work out where you are, and there is ALWAYS an alternative route to get to where you are hiding.

One thing I don't like in IW, despite benefitting from it, is how easy it is to bypass the trip mines and other kill streak equipment via the perks. Seems way easier than previous iterations, and I never get bothered by any of the mines, sentries, or massive flying things (or even UAVs). Not having a trustworthy claymore behind you make it harder to camp a spot, even for a matter of seconds.

It's why I went from trip mines to c4 quite quickly, with sometimes hilarious results. C4 was my permanent unlock.

I agree on the kill streaks. I rarely get killed by big flying things and I've started reducing my reliance on all the 'hide' perks without seeing a downside.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 20:25 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:

Its basically the same as BLOPS - even down to the same names (Cold blooded / Hardwired / Blind eye) - the only difference is that on BLOPS 1 was a perk 1 and 2 were perk 2 so you could not use all three until you unlocked Perk2 greed

With those on in BLOPS Trip mines / the weird flesh eating mines / tanks / gunships / etc would all ignore you)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 21:04 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

A bit of online research, and it's not entirely clear that XP is blocked in private games now. Certainly there are issues with hacked private lobbies being used to boost XP which implies it's possible.

In any event if we go over 6 players again we should try moving to private before going to ground war.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 21:47 
Curiosity wrote:
nickachu wrote:

Yep. He has the legacy edition too, so we can play Sheepment

Still haven't managed to get a game on sheepment yet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:52 
8-Bit Champion

Worth a try at least

A new 'big' patch (downloaded when you turn your system on) and a larger than usual in game patch on it today - the only real things i can see different are :

You have an option for your character voice in the choose a class menus (male or female)
I think they have changed the unlock requirements for the drone package - I'm sure it was level 51 before but its now showing as unlocked for me and i'm only around 30

I also had quite a few of those weird games tonight in HC with a HUD in place so they have not totally ironed out that bug.

** edit ** - yip drone package is now level 4 - cue all the people who burned a perm unlock token on it complaining :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfar ... vel_4_now/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:22 
8-Bit Champion

Zombies notes

General Zombies
In Zombies each level gets progressivly harder
Level 1 zombies can be killed with one melee attack
Level 2 zombies can be killed with two melee attacks
etc etc
'normal' (wall buy) guns basically start being more and more useless around level 10 , and by level 20 wont really do anything , you need either special guns (from the mystery box) or pack-a-punched guns.

At the start you should be doing everything you can to get points ,
injuring a zombie is 10 points
A normal kill on a zombie is 50 points
A headshot is 100
A melee kill is 130

So for round one a few bullets into them and a melee attack , round 2 a clip into them and then melee, you should stop melee'ing them at about round 3 unless they are the final zombie or you have an insta-kill

For the start of any game your main tasks are :
1) Get the power on (until the power is on nothing really works - in Spaceland its power in different areas but get them on)
2) Get a reasonable wall gun to use - something that kills zombies and your happy to use up to around level 10
3) Get Jugg (or its equivelent - in IW its 'tuff enuff') it lets you take double the amount of hits before going down.
4) Get Pack-a-punch open and get enough cash to upgrade one gun.

Zombies in Spaceland

The keys you earn in game are usable in both Zombies or Multiplayer
Once you get to the right level you can put attachments on your guns , I'm level 10 and have akimbo pistols and a 'ammo refill' attachment on the first shotgun

At the start the best thing to do is get the head on the robot and start doing the missions , once you have done 5 you can call in Michael Knight to help you (but best to wait for the boss around level 10)

Its best to go to the main hub and go to the left first , so you can get Tuff-enuff unlocked and powered on

You normally have 4 standard rounds and then a round of clowns (equivelent of Dogs from previous Zombies) which will spawn a max ammo

Boss character comes out around level 10 , you need to hit them in the head (so they remove their mask) then hit their head again.

The Mystery box is a mystery wheel and is denoted (same as normal Zombies) by a light from the sky (so you can see where it is) if its somewhere near the start then go hit it for 950 points and see what you can get.

A *lot* of the rides can kill you if your not careful - if you dont know what a ride does dont turn it on

When you die you can play games in the afterlife arcade to return , when you return run back to the start and you can retrieve your weapons from the lost and found desk

Zombies can drop normal power ups (max ammo / nuke / etc) but can also drop :
Sunglasses - these put everything into black and white and let you see some special red targets that you need to do as part of the easter egg
Cash bags (more money)
Ammo clips (an extra clip of ammo for the gun you have when you pick it up)
Medals - 3 different colours , you put them into the machines and get special trap items (and parts for the easter eggs) from them
Tickets - there is a trade counter in the arcade to swap them for stuff or little tables around different parts of the map to pick up other bits.

To open pack a punch you need to go to each of the 4 areas and go through the portals , you can then go through the first portal to the movie projector room and pack a punch using the projector (5000 to upgrade your gun)

Perks and locations :
https://www.primagames.com/games/call-d ... -spaceland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 22:49 
INFINITE POWAH

Ooh, gateway or whatever is back

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:22 
8-Bit Champion

MrChris wrote:
Ooh, gateway or whatever is back

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/805903691123343365

Terminal ?

Quote:
Missed your chance to get Terminal at launch? We've got you covered. Terminal is now free for all #InfiniteWarfare players!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:35 
Sleepyhead

I think he means Genesis. I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:45 
8-Bit Champion

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of- ... p/10104079

'free' gun , new MW maps , and Genesis returns but with a Christmas spin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:05 
Bad Girl

And a winter themed Crash level for MW! Crash is aces.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:21 
INFINITE POWAH

He means terminal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 17:15 
8-Bit Champion

If you have not bought it you can play it for free between the 15th and the 20th

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of- ... p/10107632

Quote:
If you’ve been itching to try out Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, we’ve got a special gift for you because ‘Tis the Season! Beginning at 10am PST on December 15 through 10am PST December 20, you can download and play the latest Call of Duty experience, with access to all three game modes.

That means you can engage with the storyline in the campaign with “Rising Threat” and “Black Sky,” the first two levels of the game. Plus, you can jump into multiplayer with friends and foes (Level Cap of 15), and try to hold your own against the undead in a zombie infested 1980s amusement park (Level Cap of 3).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:14 
8-Bit Champion

Riles - you'll want the last 30 seconds or so of this video

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 14:34 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

It was rather impressive that we didn't win a single game all night, with the exception of the one we had already decided would be the final one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 16:54 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

PUT THE GATT ON THEM!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:45 
8-Bit Champion

Super special ultra Gatt mode (still processing on youtube but wont be long)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:04 
8-Bit Champion

For those who constantly ask 'how did he even know i was there'

About 2:15 onwards - one of the character specials when fired outlines all enemies so you can see them as outlines even through walls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 14:52 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

How Do I get that

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 18:04 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
How Do I get that

Its the Pulsar trait for the Phantom

You unlock Phantom at level 36 - not sure how much after that to unlock Pulsar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 0:03 
Rude Belittler

I'm downloading the free weekend!

...It might have finished downloading by christmas.

...not the best idea to have a free weekend on a fucking 60GB game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:18 
8-Bit Champion

Pundabaya wrote:
I'm downloading the free weekend!

...It might have finished downloading by christmas.

...not the best idea to have a free weekend on a fucking 60GB game.

Come join the fish clan tomorrow - if i remember correctly you have the most obscure one (Klee)

Genesis is back in rotation but the other map is not yet and its just regular Genesis from what i can see not Christmas themed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:03 
8-Bit Champion

Tonight's fewl gatting

Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next