Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finish 52 Challenge
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 15:14 
UltraMod

Grim... wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Ooh! Ooh!

1) I AM THE GODDAMN BATMAN

I liked it. Someone wrote it up for me. Ta.

When did I write that?

[edit]Oh yeah, obviously

Hahaha! :DD :kiss:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 15:18 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I was right, though.

I AM THE NIGHT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 15:18 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Wait, is in "night" or "knight"?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 15:56 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Night, I reckon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 15:57 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 15:59 
UltraMod

He is the night, but also the Dark Knight. HTH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 21:37 
Paws for thought

1. Magicka 2 (PC)
2. Broforce (PC)
3. Tower of Guns (PC)
4. Broken Age (PC)
5. Battleblock Theatre (PC)
6. Lego Lord of the rings (PC)
7. Unepic (PC)

Weeeeeelll. The basic gameplay was generally ok/good. Barring a few excruciatingly awful design choices (Bosses that reverse your controls and cause you to use up all your items then teleport out. resetting the fight? Invisible enemies that steal your weapons and can't be hit? Enemies that permanently turn your weapons into toy hammers that do sod all damage? All this and more can be yours.)

The plot however... The plot was undoubtedly the worst game story I've ever come across.

A+ would recommend to people I don't like...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 16:38 
Paws for thought

1. Magicka 2 (PC)
2. Broforce (PC)
3. Tower of Guns (PC)
4. Broken Age (PC)
7. Unepic (PC)
8. Expendabros

Despite being essentially the same game, nowhere near as good as Broforce. Not quite able to put my finger on why.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 18:50 
UltraMod

You are such a PC spod.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 0:27 
Paws for thought

1. Magicka 2 (PC)
2. Broforce (PC)
3. Tower of Guns (PC)
4. Broken Age (PC)
7. Unepic (PC)
8. Expendabros (PC)
9. Trine 3 (PC)

A bit arse compared to the first two.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:31 
Excellent Member

Mr Dave wrote:
1. Magicka 2 (PC)
2. Broforce (PC)
3. Tower of Guns (PC)
4. Broken Age (PC)
7. Unepic (PC)
8. Expendabros (PC)
9. Trine 3 (PC)

A bit arse compared to the first two.

In what respect? I'm really looking forward to it having loved the first two.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:10 
Paws for thought

First off, it's 3D rather than 2D (although with a fixed angle, so you can't figure out depth issues), which makes it much more fiddly, things such as target selection for rope, target selection for wizarding item moving for wizarding become tricky. Second, at least in online multiplayer, it's bugged. Cases of butt slamming through the floor to your death, items passing through one another, players joining and being floating rigid corpses until you restart, cutscenes (and so the ability to progress) failing to trigger, inability to swap between characters and s on are frequent. And it's not as if the game hasn't been out a while, so they clearly don't care to patch it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:53 
Bad Girl

Saturnalian wrote:
1) Metal Gear Solid V. (PS4)
2) Resident Evil: Revelations 2: Episode 1. (PC)
3) Battlefield: Hotline. (PS4)
4) Black Mesa. (PC)
5) Rayman Fiesta Run. (iOS)
6) Until Dawn. (PS4)
7) Transformers: Devastation. (PS4)
8 ) Half-Life: Opposing Force. (PC)
9) Lost Planet 3. (PC)
10) Stealth Inc 2 (PS4)
11) Ryse. (PC)
12) Bloodborne: The Old Hunters DLC (PS4)
13) The Escapists: The Walking Dead (PC)
14) Half-Life 2: The Lost Coast (PC)
15) Half-Life 2 (Cinematic Mod) (PC)
16) Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (Cinematic Mod) (PC)
17) Bug Princess 2 (iOS)
18) Undertale (PC)
19) Pikmin 3 (WiiU)

20) Super Hot (PC)

It's difficult to complain about Super Hot since it looks great, sounds great, is presented well (some cool hacking terminal biz going on) and plays great too. For a few hours of game time for the campaign and at this price I don't reckon you can complain about that neither. Plus, I utterly loved the inbetween story stuff with a pretty great pay off at the end. It's creepy, weird and awesome.

I was thinking of saying that once the campaign has finished then the game begins as you unlock the challenge modes and endless runs but, after ruminating about it a bit longer, whilst the campaign does serve as a tutorial of sorts there's not enough variety in the other modes to keep you coming back. The katana-only challenge mode is just the entire campaign again with a sword, then there's punching only in the entire campaign and so on. I would have really liked to see different levels set up to be an actual challenge mode. And why not, because it ain't like the levels would take much doing (presumably. No programmer here. Obv.) as each scene is often just a single room or a couple of corridors. There's barely owt to them, and the aesthetics are such that you wouldn't need to do a load of different texture work as they're all sodding white walls! I'm seriously disappointed with the challenge mode for this reason. It might challenge but what about making some rooms specifically to challenge a katana run, shotgun only run or whatever? If they'd asked me I could have made 10 in an afternoon for them. It's just not good enough.

The endless runs are better because they do actually have fresh new rooms from what I've played. And they're bags of fun too. I might stick around to unlock all the endless runs since it's surprisingly difficult to last long enough to kill 40 guys.

Then there's time attack modes too. Time ticks down when you move in one mode and ticks down regardless of whether you move in the other. But why am I running the campaign levels again!? There could be a load of different levels they could do with these mechanics to make a reet good game even without the campaign.

It's just maddening that these don't feel like fully fleshed out game modes. It's so good but it has potential to be so much better.

Mind you, I've read reviewers criticise that there's only 4 weapons but I reckon that's enough to make a hundred different levels or more with the different challenge modes. I certainly didn't miss having more weapons. And different enemy types too. Well I suppose you could have guys soaking up a couple of bullets each or you need to hit a weak spot or whatever. Nah, thinking about it, it's a shit idea. Guy reds with different weapons is more than enough.

Anyhoo, I suppose the problem isn't with the game itself, it's the lack of content but only because you can burn through each level so quickly. I like the idea of having Warioware style mini levels and suppose the mechanics might not have worked so well with larger maps, but 34 levels ain't enough and there's doesn't seem to be any reason why there ain't more for the different modes that are just aching for levels designed around the different limitations imposed in each challenge. For now, each challenge mode feels like just adding a limiter to the campaign. Here's hoping new content is around the corner.

Still recommended though. It's reet good.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 23:08 
Paws for thought

1. Magicka 2 (PC)
2. Broforce (PC)
3. Tower of Guns (PC)
4. Broken Age (PC)
7. Unepic (PC)
8. Expendabros (PC)
9. Trine 3 (PC)
10. Viscera Cleanup: Shadow Warrior (PC)

It's shit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 23:10 
Paws for thought

And with that, I've equaled my 2015 total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 22:56 
Best
Board Mother

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I want to try and get some gaming in this year, so thought I'd give this a go.

1. Spotlight:Room Escape (phone)

2. Adventure escape: Murder Manor
3. Adventure escape: Asylum
I'm going for challenge 12. :p

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:14 
UltraMod

And I'm off the mark!

1. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) - completed all five episodes
I'd finished the first three about a year ago, but then stopped for some reason. I've been rewatching S1 & 2 of TWD TV show, so decided to pick this up again. It is still bleak as fuck. Incredible though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 0:21 
Excellent Member

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
1. Fallout 4
2. The Room 3
3. Republique Episode 4
4. Pixel Arrow
5. Pixel Sword
6. Tomb Raider Anniversary
7. Reveal The Deep
8. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
9. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
10. Super Dangerous Dungeons
11. Xeodrifter
12. Ghosts of Memories
13. The Expendabros
14. Interlocked
15. Plug & Play
16. Year Walk
17. Layers of Fear
18. Cube Escape: Birthday
19. Can You Escape Love?
20. Adventure Escape: Giza

21. Adventure Escape: Cult Mystery
22. The Town of Light
23. Adventure Escape: Asylum
24. Adventure Escape: Murder Mansion
25. Adventure Escape: Time Library
26. Bioshock Infinite: as a lot of other people seemed to think the story, characters and world were really good and the combat was fucking dogshit. Playing on easy I never actually died once but each battle was just such a screeching mess that it still gave me a good insight into why anyone playing it on higher difficulties would've hated that aspect. Also, even on Easy, that final battle was total pish. I read an opinion piece recently that implied the game would've been much better as an adventure-y walking simulator type of thing and I've got to agree. Someone really should have a word with the guys behind the Bioshock games and just gently break it to them that they don't know how to make shooters and they really need to just stop trying.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 0:52 
UltraMod

Easy? And you want to play Dark Souls? Lolol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:08 
Excellent Member

Lonewolves wrote:
Easy? And you want to play Dark Souls? Lolol

I wanted the story and characters without the shitty combat getting in the way. :shrug:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:55 
Hello Hello Hello

Bioshock Infinite is a poor game. I may have had a few words to say about it back in the main thread for it......

I'm not entirely sure what went wrong with this game, did Ken Levine just disappear up his own bumhole? Was something else at play? Whatever the case, it just flat out wasn't very good. At all.

viewtopic.php?p=873073#p873073

Quote:
Thinking about it, the principal issue with the game is that not only is the combat bad, the combat is almost unceasing and generally speaking the primary focus of what you're doing - even down to enemies that respawn behind you after you've poked your head into a cupboard, shit like that.

I honestly think it would have been a much better game with far less combat, and instead far more exploration, exposition, character development, and so on.

For all intents and purposes it's an FPS game with high concepts and fancy ideas, but it fucks up royally in not making the FPS stuff very good. When you inwardly groan upon facing the next tedious round of mediocre combat in a small artificially limited arena against drab waves of identikit enemies with shit weapons, something has gone wrong.

Quote:
In the interests of fairness I should say that it does get better for the second half, and the final third of the game is, in the main, pretty good - but by christ you have to wade through a lot of shit to get to it.

The story does play out well, and the setpieces toward the end are truly dramatic, although the return to Rapture is underwhelming and underused IMO, but just 'being there' again is fantastic. As I posted earlier, I 100% 'spoiled' the game by reading the Wiki plot article for the game upfront, and I honestly think it makes the game a lot BETTER if you know where it's going and why it's going there - in fact without that drive to see the story play out I doubt I'd have even finished it.

I absolutely can't forgive the save system (or lack of it), there were a couple of bits I thought 'Oh I'd rather like to do that again and try something different', but I couldn't, there were a couple of bits where I knew I'd kind of fluked my way through rather than performed well, that I wanted to try again, but I couldn't.

There was one bit where I triggered a significant event at the same time that my daughter started crying upstairs, by the time I got back downstairs it'd all played out and autosaved again, so I missed the whole fucking thing. Thanks, Ken. (IIRC it wouldn't let me pause 'cause it was already in 'autoplay' mode.)

For more detailed criticisms Ian's post here mostly nails it - viewtopic.php?p=758807#p758807

However, combat wise, the lame combo I found that was basically a 'win game' button with vigors/gear was the charge and set things on fire move. I can't remember the exact set up but it was the Charge Vigor, with a Hat piece of gear that had a 70% chance to set enemies on fire, another piece of gear that had a chance to spread the flames to other enemies, and the other pieces of gear complimented this approach (more speed, or extra stuns, and charge uses less salts, or something).

Anyway, once I'd latched onto this setup the game became borderline ridiculous, especially with all the extra salts and shields and health I had, to the extent that I could simply fucking ram into enemies (and large groups of them at that) almost with impunity. Yeah a couple of things are immune to charge but I had a maxed out shotgun that made short work of even the toughest foes.

The combat in the game was basically a bit crap from start to finish, never satisfying, frequently annoying, and then totally trivial once I'd sorted out the build outlined above - it reminded me a bit of WoW where players would latch onto a massively overpowered character build and Blizzard would have to balance the game to get rid of it, except here of course no such thing has or will happen.

I also had multiple problems with dialogue overlapping, as Ian mentioned, to the extent that characters would be talking over each other or background dialogue would take precedence over important story details, even subtitles didn't help 'cause the subs would frequently pick the 'wrong' thing to show subs for.

The guns were all mostly crap and because you can't afford to upgrade everything once you've pimped out a couple of guns you're effectively knobbling yourself if you use anything else.

TBH I've kind of forgotten a lot of the details of stuff I didn't like about this game 'cause I finished it a couple of months ago and have felt absolutely no desire whatsoever to return to it in any way, shape or form. I bought the Season Pass so I suppose I'm duty bound to at least give the DLC a try when it comes around, but unlike with Dishonored where as soon as I finished the campaign I bought the Knife of Dunwall DLC and dived straight into it - it'll be a genuine effort to install and play the Bioshock Infinite DLC. (Unless it's a lot better than the main game was.)

Final bitch? Booker and Elizabeth aren't very good characters, Elizabeth for all the fuss that was made about her is frequently little more than a clichéd useless damsel in distress who happens to be very good at finding guns and ammunition up her skirt and also flipping coins at you RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF REALLY IMPORTANT OTHER STUFF THAT'S HAPPENING. Booker I never connected with at all, he'd have worked better as a silent protagonist like Corvo in Dishonored, except then he wouldn't have been able to do the various pieces of dreary exposition he was lumbered with throughout the game.

I'd peg it at maybe 6/10, and it'd be a lot less than that but for the final third of the game which I did enjoy. Massively worse than Dishonored which is a straight 9/10 (that only drops down from a 10/10 because it goes off the boil a little bit towards the end).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:27 
Excellent Member

It's a lot better than people have said if you play it on easy because it seems to bring some balance back to the game and it feels like the exploration/non-combat sections make up a much bigger % of your play time. The combat is still really irritating though even if it's less difficult and my experience matches what the guy sets out in this article (minus the actual dying):

http://kotaku.com/the-problem-with-bios ... -468530143

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:40 
Hello Hello Hello

Bamba wrote:
It's a lot better than people have said if you play it on easy because it seems to bring some balance back to the game and it feels like the exploration/non-combat sections make up a much bigger % of your play time. The combat is still really irritating though even if it's less difficult and my experience matches what the guy sets out in this article (minus the actual dying):

http://kotaku.com/the-problem-with-bios ... -468530143

Yes I linked that article back in the original Bioshock Infinite thread too, and felt he nailed it pretty well :)

The combat in the game was so poor I literally sighed with resignation when the next crappy little arena of tedious waves of identikit enemies kicked off. Oh yes and the way they kept respawning behind you if you popped your head into the 'wrong cupboard' was genius too.

Then the first story DLC was so bad I genuinely couldn't be bothered to reinstall the game for the second one.

At the time I was comparing it to Max Payne 3, Borderlands 2, and Dishonored - all of which completely and utterly wiped the floor with Bioshock Infinite in every way IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:03 

1. The Swapper (PC)
  2. Her Story (PC)
  3. Metro 2033 Redux (PC)
  4. Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
  5. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PlayStation 2)
  6. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC)
  7. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
  8. Shenmue II (Dreamcast)
  9. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PC)
  10. Alan Wake: The Signal (Xbox 360)
  11. Battle Squadron (Amiga 500)

One of my favourite Amiga games, and I never managed to beat it. Until today. I still can't quite believe it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:30 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

1) "I AM THE GODDAMN BATMAN!"
2) WHIZZARD PEW PEW

AKA Magicka 2. Got this for free with PSPlus and played it to the end with Cras last night. It's really good - it's funny, it's clever, and it's frantic as all fuck. We could summon elemental birds, meteors, undead warriors and huge ice whirlwinds, but basically all we did was shout "FUCK THEM UP" at each other, to which the other would reply "FUCKING THEM UP" and shoot either a life beam (me) or a death beam (Cras) and try to make them cross near the bad men, which would set off a devastating magical explosion and make us giggle a lot.

Also we renamed the lifebeam "spaff" and were constantly asking each other "could you spaff on me?"

Good times.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 13:19 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

WIZZ BROS.

It really is tons of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 18:39 
Bad Girl

Saturnalian wrote:
4) Black Mesa. (PC)
6) Until Dawn. (PS4)
9) Lost Planet 3. (PC)
10) Stealth Inc 2 (PS4)
11) Ryse. (PC)
17) Bug Princess 2 (iOS)
18) Undertale (PC)
19) Pikmin 3 (WiiU)
20) Super Hot (PC)

21) Salt & Sanctuary (PS4)

Absolutely brilliant 2D Dark Souls. If you've any affinity with Dark Souls then you must get this, cause it's reet bloody tremendous. I can't wait for Dark Souls 3 now! SQUEE!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:00 

1. The Swapper (PC)
  2. Her Story (PC)
  3. Metro 2033 Redux (PC)
  12. Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo 3DS)

It wasn't developed in-house, but apparently still produced by Miyamoto. It feels like a Nintendo game through and through, super polished and making good use of the hardware. It's an improvement on the original game in every possible way, especially the controls, and the 3D looks great and actually helps the player judge more precisely where the ghosts are in relation to himself.

My only complaint is the same that I have with so many other games: Did it really need to be almost 20 hours long? They could have trimmed it here and there and it would have been even better, and I might actually have bothered replaying levels and going for all the extras. But if you need that "value" you are certainly well served here. There are even some online multiplayer modes here that I didn't spend much time with, but seemed like decent if limited fun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 19:04 
Paws for thought

1. Magicka 2 (PC)
2. Broforce (PC)
3. Tower of Guns (PC)
4. Broken Age (PC)
7. Unepic (PC)
8. Expendabros (PC)
9. Trine 3 (PC)
10. Viscera Cleanup: Shadow Warrior (PC)
11. Salt and Sanctuary (PS4)

See: Salt and Sanctuary thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 22:38 
Bad Girl

Saturnalian wrote:
4) Black Mesa. (PC)
6) Until Dawn. (PS4)
9) Lost Planet 3. (PC)
10) Stealth Inc 2 (PS4)
11) Ryse. (PC)
17) Bug Princess 2 (iOS)
18) Undertale (PC)
19) Pikmin 3 (WiiU)
20) Super Hot (PC)

22) Titan Souls (PS4)

Turned out there were 19 bosses. So I skull fucked the lot! Boomshakalacka. That last boss (but not the secret last boss) was a reet cunt to hit and I just got insanely lucky. I'm going to upload the 15 minutes of me fighting the shit because it's a travesty. I'm amazed I didn't smash something.

Anyway, up until the game was pretty bloody great. If you've got the patience and the balls then you'll probably enjoy the challenge. If you don't, you won't. Natch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 22:41 
Excellent Member

1. Fallout 4
2. The Room 3
3. Republique Episode 4
4. Pixel Arrow
5. Pixel Sword
7. Reveal The Deep
11. Xeodrifter
12. Ghosts of Memories
13. The Expendabros
14. Interlocked
15. Plug & Play
16. Year Walk
17. Layers of Fear
19. Can You Escape Love?

22. The Town of Light
26. Bioshock Infinite
27. Fallout 4: The Mechanist DLC: I wasn't really expecting much from this but really enjoyed it, albeit mostly as a nice reason to dip back into Fallout 4 again for a few hours. The new enemies are quite fun to fight (pro-tip: some of the robots explode when you kill them and they absolutely will blow your ass to shit if you're standing near them at the time!) and I actually really enjoyed the larger dungeon the DLC brings with it. It's still the usual Fallout 4 shooty-fetch-quest nonsense but fun for a few hours. Aside from upgrading the shit out of the new companion you get I did very little with the robot crafting stuff as I don't really care. Though it does mean the new companion is hard as nails; we walked face first into a Deathclaw at one point and I back-peddled away round a corner furiously dropping bottle cap mines while my companion waded straight in. After bravely waiting a few minutes and hearing no tinkly explosions I found her standing on the corpse of the thing like, "What?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 22:42 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:
Anyway, up until the game was pretty bloody great. If you've got the patience and the balls then you'll probably enjoy the challenge. If you don't, you won't. Natch.

*quietly removes game from Steam wishlist*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 13:12 
Excellent Member

1. Fallout 4
2. The Room 3
3. Republique Episode 4
4. Pixel Arrow
5. Pixel Sword
7. Reveal The Deep
11. Xeodrifter
12. Ghosts of Memories
13. The Expendabros
14. Interlocked
15. Plug & Play
16. Year Walk
17. Layers of Fear
19. Can You Escape Love?

22. The Town of Light
26. Bioshock Infinite
27. Fallout 4: The Mechanist DLC
28. MIMPI: lovely looking, and playing, puzzle-platformer for Android. I have played it before ages ago but I was reminded of it's existence by the release of the sequel Mimpi Dreams on Steam so I had another go through it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:23 
Hello pretty, pretty

1. Fallout 4

The good.
The crafting adds an awesome, uber-nerd angle, which I am all over. The general design of the game is top notch - the ambience, music, scenery, it's all spectacular. The first time I experienced a radstorm, I was blown away.

The bad
The main quest was rubbish, and dialogue continues to be a sticking point. As much as Fallout is about "hunt and fetch" type quests, the payload was always some juicy tidbit of character development, which I'm not getting in F4.

The companions are preachy AF, can't even be sarcastic without someone tutting quietly in the corner about it. They just don't hold a candle to the companions from NV, like Boon, Cass, Lily, and even Veronica (who actually endeared me to the BOS).

Cait is fairly aligned to me as a violent Irish drunk, but I read that post-rehab she judges your chem use like a straight-edge vegan, and WHY WOULD YOU RUIN THE ONLY GOOD COMPANION?

Also, four unarmed weapons. Four >:(

2. Fallout Shelter

Technically an infinitely playable game, I feel I've reached the peak with 200 dwellers and max upgrades on everything. Have nearly collected all the different items too, so unsure where to go without doing loads of in-app purchases just to get the special dwellers I'm missing.

?. Minecraft (PS4)

Keep rage quitting after repeatedly losing hauls of diamonds. Send help.

Twitch | Twitter | Steam | PSN | Switch: 4691-7706-7792

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 13:09 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

The Great Tyrant wrote:
unarmed weapons

What is an unarmed weapon?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 13:20 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

The Great Tyrant wrote:
ONLY GOOD COMPANION?

Whaaat? It's all Piper, all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 13:48 
Excellent Member

Cras wrote:
The Great Tyrant wrote:
ONLY GOOD COMPANION?

I dunno, I'm torn between Piper and Curie. Curie annoyed me at first but now I think she's cute as all hell.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 16:19 
Bad Girl

Saturnalian wrote:

22) Titan Souls (PS4)

Turned out there were 19 bosses. So I skull fucked the lot! Boomshakalacka. That last boss (but not the secret last boss) was a reet cunt to hit and I just got insanely lucky. I'm going to upload the 15 minutes of me fighting the shit because it's a travesty. I'm amazed I didn't smash something.

15 minutes of the last boss before ending with a spawny kill. If you can sit through the entire 15 minutes without getting upset then this game might be up your alley.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 16:30 
Hello pretty, pretty

Grim... wrote:
The Great Tyrant wrote:
unarmed weapons

What is an unarmed weapon?

:DD

Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:
The Great Tyrant wrote:
ONLY GOOD COMPANION?

I dunno, I'm torn between Piper and Curie. Curie annoyed me at first but now I think she's cute as all hell.

I think Curie is cute too. Piper drives me nuts, she really doesn't like it when I murder people.

Twitch | Twitter | Steam | PSN | Switch: 4691-7706-7792

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 19:41 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I still don't know :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 23:21 
Bad Girl

Saturnalian wrote:
4) Black Mesa. (PC)
6) Until Dawn. (PS4)
9) Lost Planet 3. (PC)
10) Stealth Inc 2 (PS4)
11) Ryse. (PC)
17) Bug Princess 2 (iOS)
18) Undertale (PC)
19) Pikmin 3 (WiiU)
20) Super Hot (PC)
22) Titan Souls (PS4)

23) Medal of Honour: Warfighter (PS3)

What a terrible subtitle and a terrible game. It lacks the polish of the CoD games and you can see why the franchise died a death with the godawful Frostbite 2 engine running the show. What a buggy pile of bollocks with Battlefield style shooting which feels light and fluffy. The times I got a clear shot on something but somehow clipped the furniture. Just the worst kind of duck shoot with very few redeeming features (mind you, the vehicle sections were lengthy and reasonably well done) and a campaign that was uninteresting from start to finish. Modern Warfare done wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:06 
Bad Girl

Saturnalian wrote:
4) Black Mesa. (PC)
6) Until Dawn. (PS4)
9) Lost Planet 3. (PC)
10) Stealth Inc 2 (PS4)
11) Ryse. (PC)
17) Bug Princess 2 (iOS)
18) Undertale (PC)
19) Pikmin 3 (WiiU)
20) Super Hot (PC)
22) Titan Souls (PS4)
23) Medal of Honour: Warfighter (PS3)

24) Nihilumbra (PS Vita)

Just... garbage. Too easy, too long loading times, too crap graphics and animation, too shit writing and voice over, too boring and just garbage.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:45 
Excellent Member

If you think it's too easy, have a go at the Void mode that gets unlocked when your finish it, it's hilariously and stupidly hard.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 22:33 
Bad Girl

I noticed the unlocked void mode and then turned it off and deleted it. If they wanted to provide a challenge to people who aren't fucking thickos they should have provided different difficulty levels from the outset. If anyone has played through the campaign once I doubt they'll have the patience to boot it up again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:50 

1. The Swapper (PC)
  2. Her Story (PC)
  3. Metro 2033 Redux (PC)
  13. Gone Home (PC)

The epitome of a walking simulator, I suppose. The first time I tried it I walked around a house for a bit, opening drawers, reading random crap, thinking why the fuck did this game get so much attention. But, tonight I decided to give it another go, and after another half an hour of drawer opening and house-walk-abouting, the story story suddenly got going, and before you knew it it was 3 AM and I just had to keep going to see it through to the end. Dunno, there is just something authentic about the whole thing that is very gripping, for instance, some music tapes you find that sound just exactly the way they should, and some very good narration.

Pro tips for playing this game: Do it at night. Turn off the lights. A glass of rum doesn't hurt. And maybe a bag of crisps. It's probably not the only way to do it, but it worked well enough for me.

Oh, and here goes my sleeping pattern. Again.

Another thing: It is not much longer than a film, keep that in mind if you're thinking of buying it. The current asking price of 20 euro is too much, IMO. I hope I didn't pay that much.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:15 

1. The Swapper (PC)
  2. Her Story (PC)
  3. Metro 2033 Redux (PC)
  13. Gone Home (PC)
  14. Proteus (PC)

Fun little thing, and the procedurally generated music is impressive, but people have used some rather big words like "elating" to describe the experience, and I can't say it did anything like that for me.

Edit: I see that the regular price for this is 10 euro on Steam. Not even close to worth that sort of money. I hope I paid less than that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 18:16 
Excellent Member

1. Fallout 4
2. The Room 3
3. Republique Episode 4
4. Pixel Arrow
5. Pixel Sword
7. Reveal The Deep
11. Xeodrifter
12. Ghosts of Memories
13. The Expendabros
14. Interlocked
15. Plug & Play
16. Year Walk
17. Layers of Fear
19. Can You Escape Love?

22. The Town of Light
26. Bioshock Infinite
27. Fallout 4: The Mechanist DLC
28. MIMPI
29. Republique: Episode 5: The same deal as all the previous episodes but with some new extra bullshit added in the shape of cameras that kick you our after a very short time and have a cool down before you can take control of them again. In a game where they're your only way of seeing the level and directing your character this means in some places you're left literally with no way to progress while a timer ticks down. Or, more likely, your character gets captured while you look at an empty room somewhere else unable to do a fucking thing about it. It's a terrible idea in a game like this but in reality it only caused a problem in a single section which I had to repeat about ten times due the layout, wandering guards and number of these cameras they'd stuck in the area. The actual ending of the game is a weird rush of background and plot delivered through a lengthy section of completely unexplained nonsense capped off with a choice of endings that are all equally undesirable. I tried to go back and replay the final section to choose some of the alternatives but the save point they've bafflingly chosen would mean working through the same twenty minutes of denoument all over again which is even more unappealing the second time. It's not even just a case of setting the phone down and letting it play out; you actually need to interact with loads of stuff but the 'gameplay' in that section is just boring and annoying. So, yeah, fuck that noise.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:57 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

2) WHIZZARD PEW PEW
3) "How do I make them have sex?"

AKA Until Dawn. I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as it is - you can recognise "Save the Cheerleader, save the world" and Mr Roboto really easily, and all of the acting is pretty good. The facial capture is superb, apart from the teeth, which I assume is just mapped in. The lip synching can be a bit hit or miss too, but why am I still talking about things like that? It starts off as a relationship sim (for about 20 minutes) and then becomes a Saw thing and then it gets all The Shining and then becomes a slasher movie and then it becomes all Aliens. And then I get nearly everybody killed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 17:16 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

2) WHIZZARD PEW PEW
4) 2D Dark Souls

AKA Salt & Sanctuary. It's Dark Souls in a Castlevania world, and it's really, really good. I got to be a chef with a giant sword and fuck everyone up, and I'm pretty happy with that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 17:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

2) WHIZZARD PEW PEW
4) 2D Dark Souls
5) "Christ, not fucking Bronan again."

AKA Broforce. I actually completed this with the Grimlet a couple of weeks back. Funny, tonnes of fun, occasionally let down by a crappy Bro (most close combat Bros were rubbish, with the exception of The Brode, Mr Anderbro and Brade). But it's funny, and it gives you a legit opportunity to shout "GET TO DE CHOPPAH" a lot.

I'm on target for my twelve completed games this year!

Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next