Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bits & Bobs 45
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:36 
Gogmagog

Mimi wrote:
Upstairs' intercom buzzer went a few times and then stopped. About 30 seconds later ours went, so I answered and the chap said that there was a delivery, so I let him in and opened the door.

As he came by, he said the delivery wasn't for me, but was for the flat upstairs. I said Ok and left him to it. Strangely, when he knocked on the door tot he flat upstairs, the neighbour opened it, so had been in all along. They exchanged a few words, and all was done.

Then my intercom went again. Same man, with more packages. I asked if they were for our flat? No, upstairs again, not answering again. Now, the intercom buzzer is loud and I can hear it ringing from their flat. I buzz him in, but as he comes by I see they are boxes of furniture type things and there is a large van outside, so probably more, so ask him to speak to the people upstairs or prop the door open downstairs as it is difficult for me to get up and down every two minutes. The man can see that I am heavily pregnant and kind of nods but doesn't say anything, then carries on upstairs.

About three minutes later they try the upstairs intercom again. No answer. So they ring mine again. I seriously can't be bothered with this so ignore it as it's difficult getting up and down. So now he has pressed it no fewer than 20 times. I've worked out how to make it silent (yay), but we have TWO intercoms (no, I don't know why) and has now started on the other one, which I don't think I can silence. So I am in the nursery with all the doors between me and it closed, and he keeps pressing it. And it's upsetting, and now I have left it too long to answer it and am worried.

It's still going. And I don't type fast. And I can hear the people upstairs talking and shouting at their kid, and can see the van of stuff out of the window :(

What tossers. If there is a number on the van, call it and speak to the transport manager and complain.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:37 
Master of dodgy spelling....

JohnCoffey wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
so have I, it was present off my son, so I can't burn it :)

hehe where we live we need it ! we're busting some old fashioned sash windows that leak and rattle in the winter, so my onesies are amazing. I've got a Superman and Spongebob one too :D I look like a fat canary in the latter.

no one ever EVER needs a onsie.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Before you do that, answer it and say "stop ringing my doorbell or I'm going to call your office", though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:41 

There isn't, it's just white. The guy kicked the downstairs door a few times then swore and picked up his mobile and made a call. One of the older chaps from the the block came outside to see what was going on, and the driver swore some more so he went back off. He's sitting in van now with the engine running.

He is off.

Weird, was worrying :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:42 

Grim... wrote:
Before you do that, answer it and say "stop ringing my doorbell or I'm going to call your office", though.

I got too scared to answer it after I stopped answering it (grammar queen at your service).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:43 
Unpossible!

The weirdest thing is the upstairs neighbours not letting him in. Why wouldn't they?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:43 
Awesome
Yes

DavPaz wrote:
The weirdest thing is the upstairs neighbours not letting him in. Why wouldn't they?

I can step in here...

"because they are dicks."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:44 

I don't know... They are a bit odd, but whatever he was delivering they seemed to take in (the first two times when I opened the door, anyway)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:45 

Mr Russell wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

I can step in here...

They can be at times. Their place is up for sale. Which is odd as they seem to be taking delivery of furniture. Who knows what they are doing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:45 
Unpossible!

Mr Russell wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

I can step in here...

Dicks who now don't have their stuff. Weirdos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:47 
Decapodian

MaliA wrote:
Is it only me that thinks that if I am cc'd in on an email, no action is required by me on this point and it is for information only; whearasif it is to me, action is likely to be needed ?

To: Action
cc: info

That's a nice idea in theory, but a lot of people will use CC as just another box to put people's names in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:16 

I use them as such:

To: I'm talking to you, idiot.
CC: Other people who I think might be interested in what an idiot you are being.
BCC: People I want to actively laugh about your stupidity with afterwards. Or someone I think might sack you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Alternate use of BCC: People who are likely to reply with inane responses and are too stupid to reply just to me instead of to everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:36 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Does the BCC stop them replying all? I assumed it did, but have been too nervous to trust any of my colleagues with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:39 
Unpossible!

Bobbyaro wrote:
Does the BCC stop them replying all? I assumed it did, but have been too nervous to trust any of my colleagues with it.

As far as a BCC recipient is concerned, it only went to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

DavPaz wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

That's completely wrong. I guess it could only be wrong as far as Gmail is concerned, but I doubt it.

I just tried it, and the BCC address can see the To address, and reply-all replies to everyone involved.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 13:02 
Decapodian

Mimi wrote:
I use them as such:

To: I'm talking to you, idiot.
CC: Other people who I think might be interested in what an idiot you are being.
BCC: People I want to actively laugh about your stupidity with afterwards. Or someone I think might sack you.

I've called a couple of people out for BCCing either my manager or one of the directors in on an email when they are trying to cause trouble though I'm in the right.

If you're going to try that kind of thing, don't do it to the person that administers the email system and can see exactly who you've included.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 13:31 
Unpossible!

Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

That's completely wrong. I guess it could only be wrong as far as Gmail is concerned, but I doubt it.

I just tried it, and the BCC address can see the To address, and reply-all replies to everyone involved.

You're right. I've got it backwards. The main recipient can't see if anyone has been BCC'ed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 14:04 

Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

That's the same as Outlook's usage.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 14:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Oh, I should have specified that pretty much everyone I work with is an idiot, so I often put everyone in the BCC and nobody in to or cc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 14:35 
Awesome
Yes

If you put everyone in BCC then it looks like the email has only gone to one recipient.

Some mailing lists still work like this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 21:09 
Isn't that lovely?

I'm currently trapped in my garden room!

We're having a new floor laid in the dining room. The dining room is the only way in and out of the garden (no back gate, no side paths or anything like that.

It was supposed to be done by about 15:00. It was supposed to dry in 3 hours or so. In fact it was done by 16:30, and it's still not dry. Looking at how wet it is I can't see it being dry by 22:00, if I'm lucky I'll get to in the house by the time I go to sleep.

Now, there are worse places to be trapped. I have a Large TV, an Xbox one, a Wii U, 2 laptops (one for work), an Ipad. There is a fairly full chest freezer in a seperate utility section, along with some wine, some fizzy drinks and a load of canned food.

However, I don't have access to a bathroom, or cooking or anything like that!

The kids are all upstairs, as to get to the living room or kitchen you have to go through the dining room.

Pauline (my wife) is working nights, so that's made it a bit more stressy too. The last time I was in the house was about 14:00.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 22:09 

Malc wrote:
Now, there are worse places to be trapped. I have a Large TV, an Xbox one, a Wii U, 2 laptops (one for work), an Ipad. There is a fairly full chest freezer in a seperate utility section, along with some wine, some fizzy drinks and a load of canned food.

I was struggling to see the problem here until GJ pointed out you hadn't mentioned straws.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 23:56 
Isn't that lovely?

Made it into the house. Had to jump the final meter or so as it still looked quite damp.

My lower smoke detector is beeping every 30 seconds. The guy who did the floor taped a shower cap thing over it. I thought that was causing it, but that's been off 10 minutes and it's still beeping. Annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:07 

I don't mean to over-excite anyone,mbut ive just been to the BBC iPlayer front page and it looks like Richard Blackwood may now be in Eastenders.

Control yourselves, people.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:08 
Hibernating Druid

Mimi wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

I can step in here...

They can be at times. Their place is up for sale. Which is odd as they seem to be taking delivery of furniture. Who knows what they are doing.

Getting furniture for their new place before they do a runner.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:20 
Awesome
Yes

Maybe they're going to lay a whole new layer of laminate flooring.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:22 

Zardoz wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

I can step in here...

Getting furniture for their new place before they do a runner.

A number of months ago we were woken up by the woman upstairs, at about 2:30 am, walking around in her heels on the hardwood flooring above. She would walk from the bedroom (above our bedroom) to her living room, return to the bedroom, open a drawer, then close the drawer again. Nothing spectacular... putting something away in a drawer or removing something from a drawer.

Then she did it again.

And again.

And again again again again again again again again again again again again again again again again again again.

I woke Russell up because of the noise and just because it was so confusing. For over an hour and a half she was (all the time in her high heels, at 2:30-4am) either removed or placed something in a chest of drawers something like 80 or 100 times. It was as if she was packing away the world's largest pile of laundry, but one item at a time, and only carrying one item from one room tot he next at any given time.

I was convinced that they were packing up to do a midnight (or 4am) flit.

Sadly, no.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:44 
Excellent Member

I haven't had noisy neighbours for a while but that aspect almost used to be worse than the sound; just wondering what in the name of fuck they were actually doing. Years ago I was convinced that the people living above me had actually installed a ten pin bowling alley for their kids.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:48 
Awesome
Yes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:49 
Awesome
Yes

Can you tell I'm bored at work?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:58 

:(

Xx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 14:33 
Excellent Painter

When is Mini Mimi due?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 18:09 

2nd week of September :D He's a squiggly thing at the moment. I have been up since 1:45 because I had a few test contractions in the middle of the night. That was fun! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 19:52 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Mimi wrote:
I don't mean to over-excite anyone,mbut ive just been to the BBC iPlayer front page and it looks like Richard Blackwood may now be in Eastenders.

Control yourselves, people.

He's been in it for weeks, months in fact.

He's not my type.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 20:31 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Bamba wrote:
I haven't had noisy neighbours for a while but that aspect almost used to be worse than the sound; just wondering what in the name of fuck they were actually doing. Years ago I was convinced that the people living above me had actually installed a ten pin bowling alley for their kids.

I had a ground floor flat at the back of a large semi in the early 70s and a pleasant Scottish woman in her 20s moved in to the 1st floor bedsit at the front.

I say 'pleasant,' and she was, until her boyfriend visited, at which point she became a screaming banshee when he fucked her vigorously, on a regular basis. The screaming was bad enough, but her headboard banged against the wall with his every frenetic thrust, and the guy had real stamina, pacing himself well. In fact, in cardio-vascular exercise terms, I'd say he was well ahead of his time, as he'd keep up a steady pace for a few minutes, then sprint for 20 seconds or so, then back to the regular rhythm again, matched in harmony by her increasingly hysterical wailing, then agonised moaning when he eased down.

Did I mention I was living in Chorlton-cum-Hardy at the time?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 20:38 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Warhead wrote:
Bamba wrote:

I had a ground floor flat at the back of a large semi in the early 70s and a pleasant Scottish woman in her 20s moved in to the 1st floor bedsit at the front.

I say 'pleasant,' and she was, until her boyfriend visited, at which point she became a screaming banshee when he fucked her vigorously, on a regular basis. The screaming was bad enough, but her headboard banged against the wall with his every frenetic thrust, and the guy had real stamina, pacing himself well. In fact, in cardio-vascular exercise terms, I'd say he was well ahead of his time, as he'd keep up a steady pace for a few minutes, then sprint for 20 seconds or so, then back to the regular rhythm again, matched in harmony by her increasingly hysterical wailing, then agonised moaning when he eased down.

Did I mention I was living in Chorlton-cum-Hardy at the time?

I'll be in my bunk. :hat:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 20:41 
Gogmagog

Minutes?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 23:13 
Excellent Member

I was just reading the testimonials section of the website of the cat sitter I'm going to get in at the end of the month and, unless it's a very weird typo, apparently one of her existing clients has named their cat Floorboard.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 23:41 
Noob as of 6/8/10

MaliA wrote:
Minutes?

Maybe it seems longer than it really is when it's so damn annoying, but he definitely did have staying power.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:42 
Sleepyhead

Bamba wrote:
I was just reading the testimonials section of the website of the cat sitter I'm going to get in at the end of the month and, unless it's a very weird typo, apparently one of her existing clients has named their cat Floorboard.

One of my friends has a cat called 'Catface'.

This always amuses me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:22 
Unpossible!

Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:

This always amuses me.

Obviously no one would ever let you look after a cat. Not with your reputation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:28 
Unpossible!

Bamba wrote:

Because it squeaks when you stand on it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

DavPaz wrote:
Bamba wrote:

Because it squeaks when you stand on it

Bravo, sir.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:42 
Excellent Member

DavPaz wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:

This always amuses me.

Obviously no one would ever let you look after a cat. Not with your reputation

*applause*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:31 
Unpossible!

Grim... wrote:
Bravo, sir.

Bamba wrote:
*applause*

*drops mic*

That's me done for the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:45 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:

This always amuses me.

When talking to her mum on Facebook one of my mates always refers to her (affectionately) as 'mawface' which me laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:48 
Awesome
Yes

That floorboard one is ace. I can only think it's an auto correct from Flea Beard, which is just as great.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:54 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

It's Windows 10 day today. I shall start a proper thread later on if I get the chance to install it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:57 

TheVision wrote:
It's Windows 10 day today. I shall start a proper thread in three days once I've got my PC working again.

FEEX

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 60  Next