Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bits & Bobs 45
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:49 
Awesome
Yes

Can you tell I'm bored at work?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:58 

:(

Xx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 14:33 
Excellent Painter

When is Mini Mimi due?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 18:09 

2nd week of September :D He's a squiggly thing at the moment. I have been up since 1:45 because I had a few test contractions in the middle of the night. That was fun! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 19:52 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Mimi wrote:
I don't mean to over-excite anyone,mbut ive just been to the BBC iPlayer front page and it looks like Richard Blackwood may now be in Eastenders.

Control yourselves, people.

He's been in it for weeks, months in fact.

He's not my type.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 20:31 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Bamba wrote:
I haven't had noisy neighbours for a while but that aspect almost used to be worse than the sound; just wondering what in the name of fuck they were actually doing. Years ago I was convinced that the people living above me had actually installed a ten pin bowling alley for their kids.

I had a ground floor flat at the back of a large semi in the early 70s and a pleasant Scottish woman in her 20s moved in to the 1st floor bedsit at the front.

I say 'pleasant,' and she was, until her boyfriend visited, at which point she became a screaming banshee when he fucked her vigorously, on a regular basis. The screaming was bad enough, but her headboard banged against the wall with his every frenetic thrust, and the guy had real stamina, pacing himself well. In fact, in cardio-vascular exercise terms, I'd say he was well ahead of his time, as he'd keep up a steady pace for a few minutes, then sprint for 20 seconds or so, then back to the regular rhythm again, matched in harmony by her increasingly hysterical wailing, then agonised moaning when he eased down.

Did I mention I was living in Chorlton-cum-Hardy at the time?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 20:38 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Warhead wrote:
Bamba wrote:
I haven't had noisy neighbours for a while but that aspect almost used to be worse than the sound; just wondering what in the name of fuck they were actually doing. Years ago I was convinced that the people living above me had actually installed a ten pin bowling alley for their kids.

I had a ground floor flat at the back of a large semi in the early 70s and a pleasant Scottish woman in her 20s moved in to the 1st floor bedsit at the front.

I say 'pleasant,' and she was, until her boyfriend visited, at which point she became a screaming banshee when he fucked her vigorously, on a regular basis. The screaming was bad enough, but her headboard banged against the wall with his every frenetic thrust, and the guy had real stamina, pacing himself well. In fact, in cardio-vascular exercise terms, I'd say he was well ahead of his time, as he'd keep up a steady pace for a few minutes, then sprint for 20 seconds or so, then back to the regular rhythm again, matched in harmony by her increasingly hysterical wailing, then agonised moaning when he eased down.

Did I mention I was living in Chorlton-cum-Hardy at the time?

I'll be in my bunk. :hat:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 20:41 
Gogmagog

Minutes?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 23:13 
Excellent Member

I was just reading the testimonials section of the website of the cat sitter I'm going to get in at the end of the month and, unless it's a very weird typo, apparently one of her existing clients has named their cat Floorboard.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 23:41 
Noob as of 6/8/10

MaliA wrote:
Minutes?

Maybe it seems longer than it really is when it's so damn annoying, but he definitely did have staying power.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:42 
Sleepyhead

Bamba wrote:
I was just reading the testimonials section of the website of the cat sitter I'm going to get in at the end of the month and, unless it's a very weird typo, apparently one of her existing clients has named their cat Floorboard.

One of my friends has a cat called 'Catface'.

This always amuses me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:22 
Unpossible!

Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:

This always amuses me.

Obviously no one would ever let you look after a cat. Not with your reputation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:28 
Unpossible!

Bamba wrote:

Because it squeaks when you stand on it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

DavPaz wrote:
Bamba wrote:

Because it squeaks when you stand on it

Bravo, sir.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:42 
Excellent Member

DavPaz wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:

This always amuses me.

Obviously no one would ever let you look after a cat. Not with your reputation

*applause*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:31 
Unpossible!

Grim... wrote:
Bravo, sir.

Bamba wrote:
*applause*

*drops mic*

That's me done for the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:45 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:

This always amuses me.

When talking to her mum on Facebook one of my mates always refers to her (affectionately) as 'mawface' which me laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:48 
Awesome
Yes

That floorboard one is ace. I can only think it's an auto correct from Flea Beard, which is just as great.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:54 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

It's Windows 10 day today. I shall start a proper thread later on if I get the chance to install it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:57 

TheVision wrote:
It's Windows 10 day today. I shall start a proper thread in three days once I've got my PC working again.

FEEX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:03 
Paws for thought

From the usage I've had over the last however long since it got pre-released. It's windows. It runs software.

Not really much more to add.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 
Excellent Member

I'm probably going to spend a chunk of my weekend sorting Windows 10. I need to install my SD drive then install Win7 fresh then do the Windows 10 upgrade. The only stuff I really need to backup is my Steam app folder though so aside from installing basic software hopefully it won't take too long.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 

Mr Dave wrote:
From the usage I've had over the last however long since it got released. It's windows. It runs software.

Not really much more to add.
I'm sure it'll be fine too. To be honest I've not really had a problem with any version of windows for years. Apart from at bloody work but I blame back office for that (although I blame back office for most things, it's what they're for).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I'm just looking forward to having Cortana on my PC. It'll be like the computer in Star Trek and she will become my new best friend.... You have been warned.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Windows 10 is being released in stages, so don't go planning your exiting use cases just yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:22 
Excellent Member

Heh, I am intrigued by the idea of Cortana. One of my main use cases is flicking the PC over to the TV as a monitor and watching downloaded video stuff from the couch so if I could play/pause my media player just by shouting at the PC in the corner of the room that would be awesome. Though, admittedly, I've no idea if that level of control is even on the cards; I should probably actually investigate it or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:23 

I have just seen out of the window what is by far the largest woodpecker I have ever, ever seen. We used to have a lot of woodpeckers in the woodlands next to where I grew up and a few visitors to the communal gardens where I lived with my grandparents, but nothing like this chap. He was like a woodpecker on steroids.

You know those huge noisy herring gulls you see at some beaches? The slightly scary ones? It was like one of those had been bought a woodpecker costume for his birthday.

He looked just like a normal green woodpecker to me: same red cap and colourings, but SUPERSIZED.

I can hear that there are some chainsaws brim wielded nearby, so I hope he has not been evicted. I've not seen a woodpecker on our residential street before, we mostly have collared doves and owls, a few tits and pied wagtails, but if he just made it around to the other side, where the gardens were, I'd love to see him more often, he was enormous.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:28 
Awesome
Yes

Tell me more about this enormous pecker...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:29 
Gogmagog

Do you think that the dentist wishes he had chosen a more acceptable holiday, now? It is quite amazing a) the speed in which news travels and is investigated and b) how someone clearly intelligent enjoys killing things for a hobby.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:31 
Excellent Member

I'm usually pretty sceptical about these kind of online witch hunts but I'm not feeling much in the way of sympathy this time around because this kind of canned hunting is just so pointless and brutal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 
Gogmagog

Bamba wrote:
I'm usually pretty sceptical about these kind of online witch hunts but I'm not feeling much in the way of sympathy this time around because this kind of canned hunting is just so pointless and brutal.

5) Agree strongly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:33 

I was just about to say something similar. But I think this is a bit different to other situations, it's not like he's just made a thoughtless joke or something. The guy can actually GTFF.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:38 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I agree with Bamba. I just can't get my head around the enjoyment anyone can get from hunting? I just don't understand it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:43 
Unpossible!

We can monitor the 3 main lecture theatres from our office at work. A kid, no more than 12 or so, just wandered in, tapped the mic and assumed he was alone. Perfect time for him to bust out his rendition of Big Booty Bitches at full volume.

I let him go for about 10 seconds before calling the assistance phone on the lectern. After a classic double take, he ran away as fast as his terrified little legs could carry him.

My only regret is that I didn't get a chance to record it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45 

TheVision wrote:
I agree with Bamba. I just can't get my head around the enjoyment anyone can get from hunting? I just don't understand it.

Aye. After all, you can get the same thrill of the chase, the patient lurking in the woodlands, and the excitement of a catch with a decent camera. I suppose it lacks the primitive appeal of the kill, but unless you need the food, I don't get the appeal.

I once met a guy in a bar in Mississippi who spent his weekends hunting sasquatch. If he ever succeeds, I hope they bring it back alive, no matter how tasty a gourmet bigfoot burger might be.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:47 
Excellent Member

TheVision wrote:

I feel the same way in general, but I try not to judge too harshly when it comes to 'normal' hunting; assuming the hunter is then actually going to put the animal to use (i.e. eat the meat, possibly even craft something out of the pelt). It's a bit hypocritical otherwise given that I'm a meat eater wearing leather shoes.

Trophy hunting is totally different though, that's killing literally just for the sake of killing, and when it's rich fannies having their egos massaged in a canned 'easy mode' hunt as well it's doubly obnoxious. This guy had someone lure a (relatively) placid and trusting animal out of a fucking nature reserve just so he could stick an arrow in it at no risk to his own personal safety. And when he fucked up the kill shot he then essentially tortured the thing for hours on end just so he could remain pure to his hilariously bullshit ideal of only using a particular weapon when needlessly killing animals. There's nothing about this that isn't utterly disgusting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 

markg wrote:
I was just about to say something similar. But I think this is a bit different to other situations, it's not like he's just made a thoughtless joke or something. The guy can actually GTFF.

Thought process was probably something like:

i. I like hunting
ii. I like holidays
iii. I want a hunting holiday
iv. I don't want to hunt deer or holiday in Crapstown, North Dakota
v. I can go to Africa
vi. I can hunt BIG COOL things
vii. I can become the most hated person alive

To him, he probably didn't think anything of it. Doesn't do much to destroy the 'dentists are sadists' stereotype.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 
Unpossible!

Isn't today's leather just a handy by product of the meat trade anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:54 

Bamba wrote:
I feel the same way in general, but I try not to judge too harshly when it comes to 'normal' hunting; assuming the hunter is then actually going to put the animal to use (i.e. eat the meat, possibly even craft something out of the pelt). It's a bit hypocritical otherwise given that I'm a meat eater wearing leather shoes.

This.

Quote:
Trophy hunting is totally different though, that's killing literally just for the sake of killing, and when it's rich fannies having their egos massaged in a canned 'easy mode' hunt as well it's doubly obnoxious.

Bet the guy who paid all that cash to kill that endangered black rhino is glad of being out of the disapproval spotlight for a change.

But yeah, the fact it was all set up 'for the experience' makes it more sickening.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:54 
Gogmagog

DavPaz wrote:
Isn't today's leather just a handy by product of the meat trade anyway?

I don't think it is as it probably requires more skill to skin a cow than your average slaughterhouse worker possesses for their wage.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:06 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Did he own the dentist business or just work there? Either way, I can't see that opening for a few days now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:10 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

This man killed an animal?!

PITCHFORKS OUT, BRITAIN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:12 

Grim... wrote:

PITCHFORKS OUT, BRITAIN

Disappointingly, he was neither mounted on a horse nor wearing scarlet at the time. The lion wasn't even torn to shreds by dogs. These yanks have simply no class.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:13 

Mr Russell wrote:
Tell me more about this enormous pecker...

Sorry dear, you were long at work. This is not an extended euphemism for you waving your willy out of the window.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:21 
Paws for thought

TheVision wrote:
It's Windows 10 day today. I shall start a proper thread later on if I get the chance to install it.

Impressions of release build:
Wouldn't allow me to input the letters o, p and l for some reason. Odd.
Update server is not serving.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:21 
Bad Girl

Grim... wrote:
This man killed an ENDANGERED animal?!

FEEX.

Remember: when they're gone they're gone.

Unless we clone the fuck outta them, which we invariably will when there's a handful left.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Kern wrote:
Grim... wrote:

PITCHFORKS OUT, BRITAIN

Disappointingly, he was neither mounted on a horse nor wearing scarlet at the time. The lion wasn't even torn to shreds by dogs. These yanks have simply no class.

https://twitter.com/kid_smoke/status/62 ... 32/photo/1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:22 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Is it fair to say that people who use their PC's for work had better wait a bit until installing it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:25 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Saturnalian wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Is it fair to say that people who use their PC's for work had better wait a bit until installing it?

I certainly will be, as will everyone else here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:28 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Yeah.

Except if your work requires it because, say, ypu need to check if your software works on it - which is why I've had it on one of my work machines for a while now.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 60  Next