Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bits & Bobs 45
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:58 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Future Warrior wrote:
You really have to be an utter berk for this set of lackadaisical mods to be spurred into action.

Right? I mean fucking hell!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:17 
Gogmagog

Curiosity wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Quote:
The reality is that waiting for a sled to push a wave towards you has absolutely no soul whatsoever.

Surfing in Snowdonia

I can see his point, I think the majority of the time I enjoyed surfing the most was sitting out back with my mates around me and the pre season sun shining and watching a set roll through and not taking any waves, just soaking up the vibes from whoever was out there on a cool day before it get taken over and then seeing the same people in the crowded summer time out back and giving a nod because you're local now and skimming over the wreck in Holywell Bay is a hting of beauty and it's New Year's Eve and freezing but it is the same people out there, the same worn Golfs in the unmanned car park, the same notes on the windscreens saying "we're staying for a pint" and that's probably how it should be. Not a sled in the mountains in a pay to play.

Lovely prose.

I thought it would be like that forever.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 18:07 
Sitting balls-back folder

I want some chips!

I am going to have some chips!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 19:25 

Turns out I'm not going to have some chips, because all the chippies are shut. What?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 19:26 

I did so der when you wrote that if your chop ship was open in Sundays. I think ours may be, but I know a good deal aren't.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 20:13 

It's madness, that's what it is.

Luckily the Chinese could do me salt and pepper chips. Poor second, but still chips.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 21:56 

BikNorton wrote:
It's madness, that's what it is.

Luckily the Chinese could do me salt and pepper chips. Poor second, but still chips.

I've heard about chips in Chinese shops being 'different' to other chips but never tasted one. How odd.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 22:52 

Salt and pepper chips are oven chips mixed with fried onions and chillies. And then, unfortunately, drowned in salt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 0:44 
Rude Belittler

The chips our chinese does are really nice. Better than most chippies round here. Though their mahoosive onion rings are even better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:07 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Although I've only been in twice, I like the lady who works in my local Chinese.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:58 
UltraMod

Mimi wrote:
I did so der when you wrote that if your chop ship was open in Sundays. I think ours may be, but I know a good deal aren't.

Chop ship. :DD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:49 

I keep a mental note of any chip shop in my vicinity that is open on Sundays. You never know when they're going to come in handy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 13:05 
sneering elitist

GazChap wrote:
I keep a mental note of any chip shop in my vicinity that is open on Sundays. You never know when they're going to come in handy.

Surely that's fairly redundant these days love? It's not like you have to "cook" for yourself any more :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 19:52 
Excellent Member

Jem wrote:
GazChap wrote:

Surely that's fairly redundant these days love? It's not like you have to "cook" for yourself any more :P

He means for when you're not home.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 21:21 
sneering elitist

Bamba wrote:
Jem wrote:
GazChap wrote:

He means for when you're not home.

That doesn't happen :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:58 

Ah, the joys of coming back to work after a holiday and ploughing through vast amounts of emails, most of which are swiftly deleted.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:18 
Decapodian

Kern wrote:
Ah, the joys of coming back to work after a holiday and ploughing through vast amounts of emails, most of which are swiftly deleted.

Same here, including several from people who would have had my out of office reply saying that I've no access to email, sending repeated emails every two days chasing for an answer..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:19 
Unpossible!

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Kern wrote:

Same here, including several from people who would have had my out of office reply saying that I've no access to email, sending repeated emails every two days chasing for an answer..

"I know you're on holiday, but I reeeeeally need an answer "

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:23 
Gogmagog

IT hardware upgrade day so no access to all systems for me until I get my new laptop. So I am sat with my feet up reading stuff about things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:36 

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Kern wrote:

I had 11,500 when I returned to work after being off a few weeks. Even after deleting everything more than four days old it took me a day and a half to get through them, because the number of emails where they just kept re-emailing asking if I was back yet and could I take a look at (...) even though my Out Of Office was on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:19 
Decapodian

DavPaz wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Kern wrote:

"I know you're on holiday, but I reeeeeally need an answer "

That's the one, and none of them bothered to speak to the person that I suggested they should contact in my Out Of Office....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:32 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Mimi wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Kern wrote:

I had 11,500 when I returned to work after being off a few weeks. Even after deleting everything more than four days old it took me a day and a half to get through them, because the number of emails where they just kept re-emailing asking if I was back yet and could I take a look at (...) even though my Out Of Office was on.

11500??? What the fuck?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:35 
UltraMod

Bobbyaro wrote:
11500??? What the fuck?

That's ridiculous. I had 850 after seven weeks off.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:35 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bobbyaro wrote:
11500??? What the fuck?

Amateurs.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:40 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

"Good" - nil. Either no positive emails or you narcissistically rush to read them when they do happen. Either way, lolz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:45 
Awesome
Yes

God bless the Ignore button in Outlook, as well as copious use of rules.

At one point I attached a macro to a rule to strip shitty HTML backgrounds from one specific sender as they were obnoxious, but it only seemed to work once, and then let the rest through, so I added her as a sender to my DELETE rule.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:54 
Gogmagog

I am awaiting my new work laptop. My user account is disabled. Good use of my time as I have been here since half eight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 13:43 

Mr Russell wrote:
God bless the Ignore button in Outlook, as well as copious use of rules.

At one point I attached a macro to a rule to strip shitty HTML backgrounds from one specific sender as they were obnoxious, but it only seemed to work once, and then let the rest through, so I added her as a sender to my DELETE rule.

The 11,500 was with my rules applied, which filtered out all group teports and auto-emailed docs, etc.

It's surprising how many hundreds of emails a day I'd get. Wonder what my email will look like after a year and eight weeks of maternity leave (not really, I simply don't care if there's a million. Delete-o-tron).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 13:47 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Well, you get roughly two emails every working minute, so you'll have about 270,000.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 14:11 
Gogmagog

Fly tipping up since tip permits were introduced. Luckily, my local counciller is Green Party so should be dead keen to get the email what I just wrote to her complaining about it all. I emailed the other two and every fink.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 14:13 
Bad Girl

The number of wasps I have killed today has just doubled. It's now 2.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 14:30 
Decapodian

MaliA wrote:
Fly tipping up since tip permits were introduced. Luckily, my local counciller is Green Party so should be dead keen to get the email what I just wrote to her complaining about it all. I emailed the other two and every fink.

When I moved a few years ago I went to an area with permits, and they refused to let me unload some cardboard into the recycling at the local tip, to the point of saying that he would actually use force to stop me!

They insisted that I should have been given a permit by the previous owner, but when I explained that it was a new build house so there was no such person they didn't seem to understand that this was an issue.

Since then I've got a permit and have never needed to use it at any of the numerous visits I've made.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 14:34 
Gogmagog

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
MaliA wrote:

When I moved a few years ago I went to an area with permits, and they refused to let me unload some cardboard into the recycling at the local tip, to the point of saying that he would actually use force to stop me!

They insisted that I should have been given a permit by the previous owner, but when I explained that it was a new build house so there was no such person they didn't seem to understand that this was an issue.

Since then I've got a permit and have never needed to use it at any of the numerous visits I've made.

Every single time here. All checked at the gate. It is a major hassle as the last permit (about the size of a tax disc) was lost so I needed to order a copy of my council tax bill and find something else with my name and address on to prove I was who I am to get another one. If you turn up in a rented transit you need another permit as it is a commercial vehicle as transporting a 3 seat sofa in a Ka is possible.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 14:45 

Grim... wrote:
Well, you get roughly two emails every working minute, so you'll have about 270,000.

I don't think the maths is quite right there, but that's because I hadn't said how long I'd been away for, so not your working out. I'd been off eight or ten weeks. I think it was ten.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 14:59 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Oh right - "few" == 3 in my head.

84,000ish, then.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 15:31 
UltraMod

MaliA wrote:

You only need a permit in Nottingham if it's a commercial vehicle, which is sensible. I found this out when I took the work van full of stuff I needed rid of after the house move. He let me off but said I'd need one next time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 15:34 
Gogmagog

7 hours after I get in to work I can log on to the network. Might go home early.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 15:42 

My local recycling centre often has a traffic queue 40+ cars deep, stretching out of the compound. All of those cars sitting there doing nothing, idling and burning petrol/diesel and polluting the atmosphere.

Yet they refuse to allow you to park up somewhere and walk in with some cardboard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 15:46 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

'elf and safety, innit?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 15:57 
Bad Girl

I'm trying to get an accountant today.

"Do you do solicitors accounts?" I ask. "Yes" they reply. "Oh joy, because I need an audited set of accounts because I hold client monies" I exclaim. "We don't do those" is the reply from at least four accountants.

Scumbags.

Also: hnnnngh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 16:16 

Grim... wrote:
Oh right - "few" == 3 in my head.

84,000ish, then.

Is that like my "several" == 7 in my head?

(Because they begin with the same four letters, obviously).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 16:39 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Saturnalian wrote:

"Do you do solicitors accounts?" I ask. "Yes" they reply. "Oh joy, because I need an audited set of accounts because I hold client monies" I exclaim. "We don't do those" is the reply from at least four accountants.

Scumbags.

Its an increasing problem. SAR accounts (and others) require accountants to be registered auditors, but the increasingly low numbers of statutory audits means that a lot of small accountants have dropped their audit registration as the potential income doesn't cover the cost (and associated risk). Even when I was doing audit SARs were a pain in the tits.

We can do them, but we'll be too expensive (Canary Wharf innit) and I can't do mates rates on audit. Where are you based, I may have some contacts?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 16:41 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Saturnalian wrote:
The number of wasps I have killed today has just doubled. It's now 2.

In the event that this was the post that I was asked to help Saturnalian on, I've got no wasp guilt tips.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 16:50 
Bad Girl

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:

Scumbags.

Its an increasing problem. SAR accounts (and others) require accountants to be registered auditors, but the increasingly low numbers of statutory audits means that a lot of small accountants have dropped their audit registration as the potential income doesn't cover the cost (and associated risk). Even when I was doing audit SARs were a pain in the tits.

We can do them, but we'll be too expensive (Canary Wharf innit) and I can't do mates rates on audit. Where are you based, I may have some contacts?

Just outside someplace, Leicestershire, if you know anyone who might assist.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 16:52 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Attachment:
sense_bin_red_lb7.jpg

No idea why the dimensions of this bin are best understood by positioning it next to a drawn naked eunuch,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 16:58 
Sleepyhead

Quite a tall one too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 17:02 

Russell?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 17:28 

Trusted the forecast and didn't pack a coat. It's now raining. Joy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:17 
UltraMod

Curiosity wrote:
Quite a tall one too.

It's just a short bin, isn't it? I assume that's what the crudely drawn lower half of naked Slender Man is meant to illustrate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:27 

Future Warrior wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Quite a tall one too.

It's just a short bin, isn't it? I assume that's what the crudely drawn lower half of naked Slender Man is meant to illustrate.

85cm is about 34". Looking at the scale of that drawing, he must have about an extra 6" of inner seam measurement, barefoot, to go. So he must have an inseam of about 40"+, which is massively tall.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 60  Next