Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:19 
Esoteric

Bamba wrote:
Storing things is certainly fair enough as you can't carry everything around with you but I'm as baffled as Craster at the idea of 'displaying' stuff you've found. It's weird enough in something like GTA online where you can actually show off your stuff to other people but in a single player game especially it's not a factor I've ever found compelling.

I like it :) The Keller Family Transcripts is probably one of the longest and hardest quests in Fallout 3 and the reward is the Experimental MIRV. It's a Fat Man that launches 8 mini nukes at once. Why on earth would you not want to proudly display that? :D

I've noticed that the Pip Boy actually shows you images that rotate of the weapons you have now, that's a nice addition :)

I guess it all just depends how seriously you take the game really. If you consider that since 2008 it and FONV are pretty much the only games I've played seriously and completed then maybe it won't seem so strange.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:06 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bamba wrote:
Storing things is certainly fair enough as you can't carry everything around with you but I'm as baffled as Craster at the idea of 'displaying' stuff you've found. It's weird enough in something like GTA online where you can actually show off your stuff to other people but in a single player game especially it's not a factor I've ever found compelling.

It was actually Sat, but I quite concur :)

Storage, absolutely. Display, not so much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:21 
Bad Girl

I thought he meant, like, storing tinkets and books and stuff. Item management such as guns you can't carry, f'instance, is fine with me.

Storing bobble-heads, or summats, to look at later is, um, a bit weird to me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:58 
Esoteric

Saturnalian wrote:
I thought he meant, like, storing tinkets and books and stuff. Item management such as guns you can't carry, f'instance, is fine with me.

Storing bobble-heads, or summats, to look at later is, um, a bit weird to me.

Well there's actually a Vault Tec stand that you get that you display your Bobbleheads on. What irked me about Fallout 3 though was if you set up camp somewhere else you couldn't take it with you. Hopefully they have sorted that. Quite looking forward to building my own house though but as I said I will probably leave that until later in the game when I have gotten to grips with the basics :)

There was this one mod for Fallout 3 where you could live in Vault 101 (A quest that reopens it and then leaves it open afterwards) that was pretty cool. The issue I had with that though (and Megaton and Tenpenny Tower) was that you had to first enter the building (requiring a load) then enter Megaton and walk to your house. I know, it sounds lazy, but when all you want is to stock up on grenades it can be a faff. Tenpenny required two entrances before you even get to the lift, then an entrance on that and then the door to your room.. I would like something easier to access that's quicker. I would also like for my house to become a marker on the map I can fast travel straight to.

Going back to hoarding and displaying stuff and so on? just a typical autistic trait I 'spose. I tend to absolutely submerge myself into Fallout games taking everything very seriously.

Thing is, some of these hidden weapons I was talking about earlier were just amazing. The Lincoln Repeater was a completely unique weapon too. Basically a Magnum rifle. It ended up being the Cowboy Rifle in New Vegas and my weapon of choice.

The uprated Plasma rifle that you got from the android was kinda good too. I would either end up with the Plasma rifle (the special one) or the Xuanlong Assault rifle, providing I did not fuck up that quest and get it locked out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 21:57 
Esoteric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3IlHBBGCIw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:54 
INFINITE POWAH

none of that is game engine footage, is it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 13:23 
Excellent Member

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
none of that is game engine footage, is it?

No, none of that video of a real actor and an actual dog wandering around is made using the game engine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 13:25 
INFINITE POWAH

It looked like a very high quality render rather than actual video of RL person to me. :shrug:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 13:39 
Hibernating Druid

Is that a real Kissyfur daytime post?

Thought he's too busy and paid too much for that sort of thing.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 14:03 
Excellent Member

I fully intended to stick a winky at the end of my post to convey the lightness of tone I intended and only now realise I completely forgot which probably made it seem like I was having a go or whatever; apologies as I totally wasn't trying to.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 14:40 
Esoteric

Just FYI guys.

A while back now a guy who works in the video recording industry posted his CV on an online website. Under previous employers he put Bethesda, and under the description he put "Unannounced project" or something like that. It went something like that any way. Any hoo, this supposedly is the supposed video that had let the cat out of the bag. Like, confirmed Fallout 4 was being worked on.

I know, all very boring indeed... I am starting to prepare myself though. I bought an arse cushion for extended play sessions.

And a new controller, because I am still using my 360 wired controller I got in 2008 and it's gone yellow lol.

All I need to do now is sort out coffee rations and I'm good to go :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 13:13 
Esoteric

Exactly one day after I pay £40 for a controller.

http://www.windowscentral.com/limited-e ... day-oct-20

GRR.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 21:52 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/23/fall ... r-is-real/

Fallout Beer is a real thing

Quote:
Fallout Beer is a real thing

Miss out on the special edition of Fallout 4? You know, the one that comes with a real-life, smartphone-enabled Pip-Boy? Never mind, you can always drown your sorrows with some Fallout Beer instead. That is, if you live in the UK anyway. Developer Bethesda has teamed up with Carlsberg for the promotional beverage, which it says is inspired by Vault-Tec Industries and the rest of the post-apocalyptic game franchise. A 12-pack will set you back £29.99 on Amazon, with delivery expected around November 5th. Fallout 4 arrives five days later, meaning you should have the perfect brew ready for your inaugural adventure in Boston. Bethesda describes it as a "pilsner lager, with a refreshing zesty hoppy taste and a floral aroma" -- we'll let you decide if that's better than an ice-cold Nuka-Cola.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 22:54 
Excellent Member

A lager from Carlsberg? Pass.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:00 
UltraMod

Bamba wrote:
A lager from Carlsberg? Pass.

:this:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:15 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

:this: 30 quid for a 12 pack of Carlsberg!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:19 
Esoteric

Hmm. Well I'm not buying this because I have been dry for a couple of years now.

Oddly enough though when I did drink I always drank Carlsberg. Sure there are much more potent beers out there (Stella for example) but for sheer taste I always loved my Carlsberg.

Still humming and harring whether to have a mate pre order the controller for me though.

Oh yeah, also this. I heard that a guy in Ireland pre ordered the Pip Boy edition from Game and got a phone call to tell him that they had basically oversold it by around 600 copies and thus he would not be getting his. Thankfully I phoned Game about two days ago and everything was set to go ahead on mine. Apparently it will be couriered to arrive on Nov 10th. I had to update my credit card details too 'cause the old one I originally ordered it with was set to expire before launch so I had them confirm that too. Much piss has been taken but have you seen what they are changing hands for on Ebay? north of four hundred quid.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:48 

Go ahead and get the controller, man! It's always good to have a spare controller, anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:54 
Esoteric

lasermink wrote:
Go ahead and get the controller, man! It's always good to have a spare controller, anyway.

Problem is I already have one. I still have my Xbox 360 wired controller I bought in 2008. Aside from it being pretty worn and rather yellow it still works spot on. I paid £39 for the Xbone wired controller (simple micro USB cable) and will be ordering the receiver when it comes out (£15 apparently) then will just use some of my AAA rechargeable batteries.

So yeah, bit of a hard call when the FO4 controller is going to cost me about £60. And then of course the issue of spending silly money on Mrs JC for Christmas....

It's Microsoft's fault for making the most hardened, awesome peripherals. Their keyboards mice and webcams have always been top quality too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 13:28 
Esoteric

Fallout 4 to use Nvidia Gameworks.

http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-nvidia-gameworks/

Bollocks. Like we needed anything else to make it as buggy as an ant hill on launch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 17:18 
Gogmagog

I ordered this yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 17:44 
Esoteric

MaliA wrote:
I ordered this yesterday.

Awesome. We had such fun in the Fallout 3 thread :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 13:16 
Excellent Member

Since i doubt my computer can run this, i've been playing Wasteland 2 instead of waiting for this. While first impressions weren't that good (the game isn't exactly pretty), it grew on me, and it's pretty good. And it definitely reminds a lot of Fallout 1&2, in fact much more than Wasteland 1.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 13:21 
INFINITE POWAH

I've preordered this for PS4. Can't wait...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 13:25 
Excellent Member

I'm away in Warsaw for a few days at the end of the week it comes out so I think I'll wait until after that to pick it up as that gives the internet hordes plenty of time to test it out for me. I can't face the idea of getting some way into it and having my save game corrupt or a quest line fucking up or something and having to redo it all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 13:26 
UltraMod

Bamba wrote:
I'm away in Warsaw for a few days at the end of the week it comes out so I think I'll wait until after that to pick it up as that gives the internet hordes plenty of time to test it out for me. I can't face the idea of getting some way into it and having my save game corrupt or a quest line fucking up or something and having to redo it all.

Filthy casual.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 13:45 
Esoteric

Bamba wrote:

I must say I am quite confident about day one stability, thanks to the fact that they did a Valve (IE disappeared off the face of the earth then all of a sudden come along and say "Tadaaa ! it's done !".) Fallout New Vegas was seriously rushed and Fallout 3 wasn't even finished (you needed Broken Steel for it to operate properly). I think they learned a lot from that and this time around have made sure it was all finished before even uttering its existence.

Gameworks does worry me though, especially as a PC/AMD user. Hopefully they'll play with that in patches after release.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 13:52 
Excellent Member

I'm not at all confident, but only because these games are, by necessity and by design, hilariously complex so testing all the possible paths through is near impossible. It'll probably be fine, but it's no problem to leave it a week and let it settle in given that I'm away anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 14:02 
UltraMod

Bamba wrote:
I'm not at all confident, but only because these games are, by necessity and by design, hilariously complex so testing all the possible paths through is near impossible. It'll probably be fine, but it's no problem to leave it a week and let it settle in given that I'm away anyway.

You disgust me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 14:54 
Esoteric

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/ ... ox-One-PS4

Check out the video. Mal, you were a melee sorta fella weren't you? I must admit I've always gone with guns...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 14:54 
Excellent Member

Future Warrior wrote:
Bamba wrote:

You disgust me.

So, business as usual then?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 14:55 
UltraMod

Bamba wrote:
Future Warrior wrote:
Bamba wrote:

You disgust me.

So, business as usual then?

:metul:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 17:17 
INFINITE POWAH

Look, boobs!

(.Y.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 17:21 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

You can't fool me. That's a butt with nipples drawn on it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 17:28 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Cras wrote:
You can't fool me. That's a butt with nipples drawn on it

That's what I said last time!

[edit]No it's not - I said it looked like a girl's front bottom. With spots on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 17:41 
INFINITE POWAH

And you're still wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 18:12 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

NO I SAW ONE ONCE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:39 
Excellent Member

I pre-ordered this, first game I've pre-ordered in a while. First game I will have played since Shadow of Mordor! And, I'll probably barely get to play it until Christmas. Stupid too much DIY...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 17:52 
Esoteric

It's hit the TV ads now :D

Whenever the ads begin I usually reach for my phone and ignore them until whatever I'm watching comes back on. The other night I heard "The wanderer" and I immediately knew it was Fallout 4 :D

They've cut it up a bit. The "cool as feck" bit where he shoots the radroach is gone.

I seriously can't wait for this. So exciting !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 0:50 
Rude Belittler

I want to play it now!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:46 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Pipboy edition is dropping for reviewers now - I've seen a few unboxing videos of it

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/fallout- ... 0-6427952/

http://nerdist.com/fallout-4-pip-boy-ed ... ing-video/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:05 
Bad Girl

On one hand I'm thinking that Pip Boy is ridiculous tat for what amounts to a holder for your phone and on the other hand I'm thinking that's absolutely glorious tat for the fans. I'm going to plump for the latter. Even that Nuke Cola news that's going around I'm thinking "so what" it's not for casuals it's for The Fans and thank god that the makers are even making merch.

So if you've got the Pip Boy edition I'm a little envious right now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:48 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 13:03 
Esoteric

Saturnalian wrote:
On one hand I'm thinking that Pip Boy is ridiculous tat for what amounts to a holder for your phone and on the other hand I'm thinking that's absolutely glorious tat for the fans. I'm going to plump for the latter. Even that Nuke Cola news that's going around I'm thinking "so what" it's not for casuals it's for The Fans and thank god that the makers are even making merch.

So if you've got the Pip Boy edition I'm a little envious right now.

I got one. Was a test of sanity to pre order but I got one :)

Surprised at how big it is tbh. The packing is enormous !

I got an email from Game about three days ago to tell me they are going to charge me on the 2nd November. So I guess they will have them by then, or on that day.

GazChap wrote:

Hehe Moira Brown ! that crack pot from Megaton :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 14:38 
Esoteric

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... ore-launch

Gameplay leak.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 14:42 

Yeah, I watched a couple of those, not the ones showing the start of the game as I didn't want anything ruining but the later ones and it looks fucking brilliant. Can't bloody wait now. Day one purchase for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 14:48 
Esoteric

Really? as much as it pains me the graphics look pretty dated. Far more dated than I thought they were going to.

Mind you what am I even saying? I mean, it's Fallout 4 ! I know for a fact that once I settle in I really won't give two monkeys about how it looks :)

I only really skimmed through those videos. I didn't pay much attention because like you I don't want to ruin the experience, but TBH? Bethesda already showed the part where you step out of the vault and see the landscape for the first time.

The sods, that was one of "the" moments in FO3.

Oh yeah. Also, I hope the game isn't stuck in that awful zoomy third person mode. I only ever played it in first person because Bethesda couldn't animate a wooden spoon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 14:52 
Bad Girl

The only video I watched had the view entirely in first person so you're safe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 14:53 
Esoteric

Saturnalian wrote:
The only video I watched had the view entirely in first person so you're safe.

Oh thank god ! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 16:17 

JohnCoffey wrote:
Really? as much as it pains me the graphics look pretty dated. Far more dated than I thought they were going to.

Mind you what am I even saying? I mean, it's Fallout 4 ! I know for a fact that once I settle in I really won't give two monkeys about how it looks :)

I only really skimmed through those videos. I didn't pay much attention because like you I don't want to ruin the experience, but TBH? Bethesda already showed the part where you step out of the vault and see the landscape for the first time.

The sods, that was one of "the" moments in FO3.

Oh yeah. Also, I hope the game isn't stuck in that awful zoomy third person mode. I only ever played it in first person because Bethesda couldn't animate a wooden spoon.

I wasn't expecting it to look that amazing given how long it's been in development but it looks pretty enough to me in some of the scenes and it just reminded me of what I loved about FO3.

Reply to topic  [ 918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next