And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 12 : Black Ops 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:53 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Saturnalian wrote:
Then I prestiged my weapon for a kill counter and lost my therma scope. Tit.

You'll get it back quickly enough :-)

I *always* have smoke as my secondary and its true if you chuck it the main response from the enemy is to just spray the area - my trick is to throw it in front of the capture point in domination and then get near a corner of the flag while capturing - they either spray *into* the smoke (which i'm not in) , or run through it and it takes them just that little too long to focus on the area behind so i mop them up.

One of the other standard scopes has a 'bar' around the side which lights up for each team and can often be of use if your covering an area - just look for the colour change and your also less likely to be kicked off for killing your own team :-)

They have said that fixes next week will stop the never ending voting for the same map - and I expect the map pack to be on its own section which should help avoid the never ending runs of Combine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:58 
Bad Girl

Smoke is also a groovy idea when you're running from the flag especially on a long straight run, just drop one on the ground when you're pegging it back for some additional cover. I always have two smokeysmokersons cause they be aces.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 14:30 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
Smoke is also a groovy idea when you're running from the flag

The other is playing as Ruin and having his turbo boost charged up :-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:12 
8-Bit Champion

Map pack is now out (on PSN)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:23 
Decapodian

I ordered this from Tesco - £20 seemed cheap enough - so should hopefully be online this evening.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 16:05 

Played the online of this for the first time last night with a friend of mine - enjoyed it much more than I had expected. It's very much like titanfall with the wallrunning and double jumping. Still, enjoying it massively more than I have the previous two games. Zombies is looking good too, but haven't played much of it... I miss the simplicity of Black Ops 1 Zombies. :-p

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 16:12 
Esoteric

Cookie197 wrote:
Played the online of this for the first time last night with a friend of mine - enjoyed it much more than I had expected. It's very much like titanfall with the wallrunning and double jumping. Still, enjoying it massively more than I have the previous two games. Zombies is looking good too, but haven't played much of it... I miss the simplicity of Black Ops 1 Zombies. :-p

It's very good in co op. The stupid story and so on seem to matter much less when you're playing with a chum.

I tried zombies but it was too simple for me. I was never into the survival part of Left 4 Dead I always preferred the campaigns with a start and finish.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 16:29 
8-Bit Champion

Cookie197 wrote:

So Shadows of Evil Zombies is way to complex , and is basically a bit of a mess , it has some nice ideas and if you are playing with someone who knows what they are doing and can communicate then you can get things setup and working and at that point it does become more 'fun' but its still not great.

The Giant Zombies is great , its the same map from the original game with some basic tweeks (gumballs / a few new extras / new guns) - its 'real' Zombies and you should get it.

Early indications are that the new map Der Echwhateveritis is much more like real zombies , it reminds me a lot of Origins (which was one of the better BLOPS2 maps) - it has feed the dragons (similar to feed the dogs from Mob of the Dead) and building of some accessories (the shield and the Pack A Punch machine) , some map warping options (teleporters and jump pads) and some wonder weapons and hidden stuff - oh and the Panzar Soldier from Origins is back

The Easter egg is not solved but is around creating and powering up the weapons you get , it does not get in the way and the game does not purposefully hold you back (the way that Shadows of Evil does).

Oh and for BLOPS2 Zombies - CDKEYS have both BLOPS and BLOPS2 on steam for about £6 or £7 right now (was down to a fiver yesterday)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 17:19 

JohnCoffey wrote:
It's very good in co op. The stupid story and so on seem to matter much less when you're playing with a chum.

Ah, I'd forgotten they made they campaign co-op. I'll need to try it out soon.
zaphod79 wrote:
So Shadows of Evil Zombies is way to complex , and is basically a bit of a mess

Completely agree. :p
zaphod79 wrote:
The Giant Zombies is great , its the same map from the original game with some basic tweeks (gumballs / a few new extras / new guns) - its 'real' Zombies and you should get it.

Early indications are that the new map Der Echwhateveritis is much more like real zombies , it reminds me a lot of Origins (which was one of the better BLOPS2 maps) - it has feed the dragons (similar to feed the dogs from Mob of the Dead) and building of some accessories (the shield and the Pack A Punch machine) , some map warping options (teleporters and jump pads) and some wonder weapons and hidden stuff - oh and the Panzar Soldier from Origins is back

I don't know if I'll end up getting any of the DLC for this one - I really only enjoy CoD games when playing with friends, and the only guy I know with Blops3 on the XbOne seems to often forget he has an xbox for months at a time.
zaphod79 wrote:
Oh and for BLOPS2 Zombies - CDKEYS have both BLOPS and BLOPS2 on steam for about £6 or £7 right now (was down to a fiver yesterday)

Ugh, see I'd love to buy them, but (just like mass effect...) you can get the games themselves pretty cheap, but the DLC is never reduced - and the best maps are all DLC ones.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 17:35 
8-Bit Champion

Cookie197 wrote:
Ugh, see I'd love to buy them, but (just like mass effect...) you can get the games themselves pretty cheap, but the DLC is never reduced - and the best maps are all DLC ones.

One of your favorites i'm sure will be back with this version of BLOPS , the story for Zombies is a bit of time travel and jumping between segments - In Origins we had the original finding of element 115 , in Giant we had Richtofen going back through time and killing himself after he got rid of Maxis and Samantha

In Der Echwhateveritis we have the Castle where Maxis / Samantha / Richtofen were involved with their early experiments , we have a moon rocket , the Pyramid where Samantha was imprisoned (from Moon) , and in the cutscenes we have the original Dempsey's body loaded onto the rocket and sent off to 'Grissome' base on the moon - if the end of this does not lead directly to a re-designed and updated Moon I'm pretty sure the one after it will.

As for DLC , I know there are country swapping things you can do on the Xbox One to get stuff cheaper - i'm sure there will be a cheap option for the season pass at some point (and The Giant itself is worth picking up regardless of system)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:42 
8-Bit Champion

zaphod79 wrote:
One of your favorites i'm sure will be back with this version of BLOPS ,

Or possibly not - EE has been completed and the cinematic ending is ..... unexpected but gives an indication on whats next.

Link to the right time in the stream for the last step and final cutscene

https://youtu.be/XNm7e9VUBo0?t=14146

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 18:29 
8-Bit Champion

So I spent around an hour and a bit last night and went through gaining the shield / gravity spikes / bow , and then upgrading the bow for Electricity which does make it a little overpowered.

Here is what the bow looks like with the Electricity upgrade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 0:43 
8-Bit Champion

March 3rd for the first map pack on Xbox One and PC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:57 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mama Grim...'s birthday.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 22:56 
Is this any good?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:22 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
Is this any good?

The simple answer is that its not bad

The multiplayer is reasonable (the last few patches have ironed out some of the annoying bits) - normal characters / weapons are fine with nothing overpowered and most of the scorestreaks are not overpowered.

The Single player story is jibberish but is 4 player online multiplayer jibberish so even if you ignore the crappy story it should be okay to go through with a few friends.

Zombies has 1 poor map (shadows of evil) and 2 good maps (The Giant and Der Eichen-whatever)

There are a few other extras bolted on including a remix of the story mode with Zombies thrown in , some single player mirrors edge like time trails and Dead Ops Arcade II

Its down to £20 in a lot of places and if your looking for a reasonable COD game with some pretty graphics for the Xbox / PC or PS4 then I'd say its probably worth picking up

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:07 
UltraMod

£20 already? That's interesting considering last generation I rememeber CoD games never really dropped in price until the next one came out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:32 
8-Bit Champion

Lonewolves wrote:
£20 already? That's interesting considering last generation I rememeber CoD games never really dropped in price until the next one came out.

£20 at Amazon its bounced around that and back a few times :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Black ... +black+ops

And yes this is the first one I've seen drop so quickly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:10 

zaphod79 wrote:
Dead Ops Arcade II

What? Where?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:10 
8-Bit Champion

Cookie197 wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Dead Ops Arcade II

What? Where?

Latest Patch for the PS4 gives you it in the 'bonus' menu , otherwise you need to do the first few missions of the story mode to unlock the safe house , start there and use the computer to get into it.

And yes its also 4 player co-op

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/call-of ... s-arcade-2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 22:04 
8-Bit Champion

Very strange way of doing things but

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/84207/

BLOPS3 PC 'starter' pack

For £11.59 you get a very scaled back version of BLOPS which is just multiplayer - but for some people thats probably all they would want ?

Quote:
Features NOT included in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack:

Zombies game mode
Campaign game mode
Ability to play in Multiplayer custom games
Ability to Prestige (your level will be capped at 55 in the Starter Pack)
Access to mod tools or modded content (once released)
Access to unranked server browser (once released)
Ability to Fresh Start your profile
The ability to access Dead Ops Arcade II and Nightmares mode

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 21:03 
8-Bit Champion

A recut Der Esiendrache trailer since its now available for Xbox and PC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:41 
8-Bit Champion

As 'ian Ian IAn IAN' has got the map pack would anyone else like to join in for some shooty gun stuff tonight

I'll be on from around 21:30

calendar/index.html#45

BLOPS3 - PS4
08/03/16 9:30 PM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:54 
Sleepyhead

If my wife goes to bed early again then I'm in!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:04 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Curiosity wrote:
If my wife goes to bed early again then I'm in!

I'll see what I can do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 22:43 
Bad Girl

Just me then. Bastards.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 16:11 
Bad Girl

Me and Zaphod had some excellent games of this last night, especially when we both changed up to brekk shotguns and mercilessly massacred the opposing team. We were top 1 & 2's for stacks of games cause we cool and sheeet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 16:38 
8-Bit Champion

Breki was fun on non HC but i'd rather play the HC modes - just seems to be a bit picky over some of the DLC maps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 21:00 

Saturnalian wrote:
Me and Zaphod had some excellent games of this last night, especially when we both changed up to brekk shotguns and mercilessly massacred the opposing team. We were top 1 & 2's for stacks of games cause we cool and sheeet.

I don't recall ever playing a game of CoD where Zaphod wasn't top of the board in our team... (At least, in Domination)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:05 
8-Bit Champion

For Ian - wolf bow upgrade guide to see just how close you were

I was on the 2nd to last step for the Lightning bow so probably next turn on that for me.

After that its go into the past to get the safe code , use the Tesla coils to bring down the rocket , back into the past to get the special stone , raise the ghost and follow him to power up the stones , then the boss fight.

With Randoms i've made it to the second time travel bit (we went down before powering up any of the stones) , on Solo I've managed to get to the second stone power up (of 3)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 18:35 
Bad Girl

That's all I was doing that for: a different coloured flame on my bow? Seems like a lot of effort for not much reward.

I just can't get excited about zombos. Maybe it's just not for me.

Maybe I should play it for the score instead or something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 19:52 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
That's all I was doing that for: a different coloured flame on my bow? Seems like a lot of effort for not much reward.

Not quite - the normal bow will take down a single zombie , or a small group together until about round 18 or so
The upgraded bows can take down very large groups of them till a much higher round - this is the upgraded lightning bow on round 24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 20:16 
Paws for thought

Does he really have to say some shitty line every time he kills someone?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 16:20 
8-Bit Champion

Activision are doing deals for the season pass if you've bought the individual DLC instead

http://view.em.callofduty.com/?qs=81e07 ... 8a1f4b4301

Quote:
For a limited time, if you’ve already purchased the Awakening DLC Pack, complete your Season Pass and get access to the 3 remaining DLC map packs in 2016 at a discounted price.*

At the same time they have accidentally leaked an image from the new map pack -details on Reddit here :

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/com ... map_image/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 17:34 
Bad Girl

How much? I'm having trouble operating that on the mobile. Is it on the PSN store by chance?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 18:21 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
How much? I'm having trouble operating that on the mobile. Is it on the PSN store by chance?

I dont know - i have the season pass so it wont show me - i'd say its still going to be around for a little while so just remember to check it out when you get the chance to login to either the website or your PS4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 18:30 
Bad Girl

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/call_of_d ... ayers.html

Nuketown is now FREE, apparently. Gerrit now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 23:08 
Bad Girl

PSN says £35. Wasn't that the normal price?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:00 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
PSN says £35. Wasn't that the normal price?

Yes it was - try following the links in that reddit post

BTW the Nuketown map is just included in the latest patch - no separate download

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:17 
8-Bit Champion

Oh look - an announcement about an announcement

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/7 ... 9567247360

DLC 2 info will be available on the 31st (tomorrow)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 22:12 
8-Bit Champion

Getting a bit desperate to have players around

This weekend is Double XP / Double Weapon XP and 'free' DLC'

https://blog.activision.com/community/g ... is-weekend

So if you dont have the DLC you can play with the DLC for the weekend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 19:48 
8-Bit Champion

Next DLC pack - Eclipse

https://blog.activision.com/community/g ... -19-on-ps4

Launches April 19th (so 3 weeks away) - redone multiplayer map is a re-skinned "Banzai" from world at war and the new Zombie map is "Zetsubou No Shima" so guess we're going after Takeo this time

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 19:56 
8-Bit Champion

And the new Zombies trailer / prologue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 22:41 
8-Bit Champion

Double cryptokeys and double liquid divinium this weekend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:23 
8-Bit Champion

Leaked zombies trailer for the new map pack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:41 
8-Bit Champion

And the official trailer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 13:13 
8-Bit Champion

Modding and Mapping tools are now in Alpha :

https://community.treyarch.com/communit ... ools-alpha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 19:56 

ohhh did they ever release them for Blops1 or 2? Might buy this on PC at some point if enough things are created, some of the stuff in W@W looked amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 20:32 
8-Bit Champion

Cookie197 wrote:
ohhh did they ever release them for Blops1 or 2?

Nope - WaW was the last one they let official tools loose for

Quote:
Might buy this on PC at some point if enough things are created, some of the stuff in W@W looked amazing.

Its worth waiting to see what they can do - although the real question then is if they dont officially release some of the older maps (both Multiplayer and Zombies) then people will just make their own

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 20:36 

zaphod79 wrote:
Its worth waiting to see what they can do - although the real question then is if they dont officially release some of the older maps (both Multiplayer and Zombies) then people will just make their own

Exactly - then I don't have to pay the ridiculous prices Activision still wants for 5 year old games on Steam. Just buy one of the newer games and get all the Zombies maps. :p I know the games themselves are only £6-ish on CDKeys, but the DLC still sits at £6-7 each even on sale, and some of the best maps were DLC (Ascension, Moon, Die Rise, Origins, etc.)

Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next