Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: iCloud hacked
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 22:54 
Sleepyhead

It's just so fucking depressing to see this kind of rampant, unrepentant sexism in this day and age.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 22:57 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
And while I'm here.

There's a world of difference in laughing at bad taste jokes and actually believing in the joke. I laugh at the likes of Frankie Boyle etc, but the difference is that they're using shock tactics to make you laugh at something you know should not be funny. He'll joke about Maddy McCann, but he doesn't actually hope that the child has been raped and killed. The people you laughed at here were actually laughing at the plight of the upset parties, directly at the victims. It's like laughing if Frankie Boyle had gone and done it to the face of the grieving parents.

Most people would consider that bad taste.

From your language you clearly are delighted that these people are upset. You're not laughing at a joke; you're just happy that these young ladies are sad.

And that's sad.

Not true I couldn't give a fuck about how upset they are or not. I love your logic that allows you to call me a rapist whilst maintaining the high ground over some actresses that wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

Do you want my mums address ?? :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 23:01 
Sleepyhead

asfish wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
And while I'm here.

There's a world of difference in laughing at bad taste jokes and actually believing in the joke. I laugh at the likes of Frankie Boyle etc, but the difference is that they're using shock tactics to make you laugh at something you know should not be funny. He'll joke about Maddy McCann, but he doesn't actually hope that the child has been raped and killed. The people you laughed at here were actually laughing at the plight of the upset parties, directly at the victims. It's like laughing if Frankie Boyle had gone and done it to the face of the grieving parents.

Most people would consider that bad taste.

From your language you clearly are delighted that these people are upset. You're not laughing at a joke; you're just happy that these young ladies are sad.

And that's sad.

Not true I couldn't give a fuck about how upset they are or not. I love your logic that allows you to call me a rapist whilst maintaining the high ground over some actresses that wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

1) I said you sound like a rapist, and you do. You have repeatedly stated that they want to be seen naked, and love the attention, even if they say the exact opposite. This is exactly what rapists do.
2) You clearly have no understanding of logic
3) Again this hatred of women coming through. Is this all because they didn't like as a child or something? It's pretty deep seated, that's for sure.

Look, if you want to be sexist, then that's up to you, but you can't expect to be surprised when people call you out on it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 23:02 

asfish wrote:
Not true I couldn't give a fuck about how upset they are or not.

empathy
noun
the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Sociopath
noun
A sociopath is defined as someone who is suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder. Sociopaths show a pervasive pattern of disregard for the rights and feelings of others.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopa ... nd_empathy
"A large body of research suggests that psychopathy is associated with atypical responses to distress cues (e.g. facial and vocal expressions of fear and sadness), including decreased activation of the fusiform and extrastriate cortical regions, which may partly account for impaired recognition of and reduced autonomic responsiveness to expressions of fear, and impairments of empathy." (emphasis mine.)

I'm not necessarily saying you're a sociopath, asfish. It's possible you're only pretending to be one so you can win an argument on the Internet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 23:07 
Legendary Boogeyman

Curiosity wrote:
I laugh at the likes of Frankie Boyle etc,

The funny thing about this - there are people that understand he's a shock joker and laugh for the reasons you describe.

Then there are the people that laugh at the jokes because they think he's serious and identify with that sick sense of humour as a comical take on their own thoughts.

No points for guessing which group asfish is in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 23:11 
Sleepyhead

At the end of the day, I don't want to fanny around here any longer, so am going to go to bed.

My opinion remains that casting the victims as idiots or sluts is just not a nice thing to do, and helps perpetuate a society of sexism and aggressive sexuality that women feel threatened by (and often quite rightly so).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 23:20 
Legendary Boogeyman

It's ok, I think overall society is moving on to less neanderthalic views, and it's merely the advent of the internet that makes it seems like they're everywhere. Normally these twats would be largely friendless or smacked down for their views in the real world, so their only outlet is the cheerfully anonymous online world.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 23:29 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
At the end of the day, I don't want to fanny around here any longer, so am going to go to bed.

My opinion remains that casting the victims as idiots or sluts is just not a nice thing to do, and helps perpetuate a society of sexism and aggressive sexuality that women feel threatened by (and often quite rightly so).

Don't forget the rest, anyone doing so is a women hating sociopath with no family or friends and a possible rapist.

As we're doing profiles my guess for you butch Lesbian or one of those nice blokes who is the perfect gentleman to all the women in his life only to watch them form relationships with men who are not maybe as nice as he sees himself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 23:48 
Sleepyhead

asfish wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Don't forget the rest, anyone doing so is a women hating sociopath with no family or friends and a possible rapist.

As we're doing profiles my guess for you butch Lesbian or one of those nice blokes who is the perfect gentleman to all the women in his life only to watch them form relationships with men who are not maybe as nice as he sees himself.

Lovely to see that even in that post you managed to be misogynistic and probably a bit homophobic too! You keep on fighting that good fight to keep women down in the gutter where they belong with the rest of the deviants!

(and I'm married with a daughter)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 0:03 
Unpossible!

Hey, what did I miss...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 0:11 

Me, after catching up on this thread:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 

asfish wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Treat em mean keep em keen, eh? You're a fucking idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:48 
Excellent Member

markg wrote:
asfish wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Treat em mean keep em keen, eh? You're a fucking idiot.

Where was it exactly that I said I did or that I agreed with "Treat em mean keep em keen" (what ever that means) So maybe the idiot is a little closer to home in your case?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:04 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

When you suggested that nice people don't get girls.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:04 
Hello Hello Hello

Attachment:
round2.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:53 
Unpossible!

Phwoar, eh lads?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:57 
Gogmagog

Hadley King makes good points

Quote:
I’ve seen some comments on websites from readers saying: “Well, if they don’t want to have naked photos of them leaked, they shouldn’t take naked photos in the first place?!?!?!?!?!” One can only assume that these saintly people have absolutely nothing on their phones, their internet searches, their laptops or any CCTV footage that would make them feel vaguely uncomfortable if seen by the outside world. As for those who genuinely don’t understand how this is a sexism issue, ask yourselves why there are almost no men included on the list of celebrities whose privacy has been violated.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:10 
Bad Girl

I'm just wondering whether asfish actually believes what he's written or has he been backed into a corner to defend the indefensible with the aggressive name calling.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:27 
Hello Hello Hello

Saturnalian wrote:
I'm just wondering whether asfish actually believes what he's written or has he been backed into a corner to defend the indefensible with the aggressive name calling.

Careful, that's rapist talk.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:34 
ugvm'er at heart...

MaliA wrote:

Quote:
I’ve seen some comments on websites from readers saying: “Well, if they don’t want to have naked photos of them leaked, they shouldn’t take naked photos in the first place?!?!?!?!?!” One can only assume that these saintly people have absolutely nothing on their phones, their internet searches, their laptops or any CCTV footage that would make them feel vaguely uncomfortable if seen by the outside world. As for those who genuinely don’t understand how this is a sexism issue, ask yourselves why there are almost no men included on the list of celebrities whose privacy has been violated.

We live in a society that both idolises and denigrates physical attractiveness, that is both ruled by and disgusted by our base desires, that strives for success and strives to tear down anyone successful, that worships fame and treats famous people as second class citizens.

Dichotomies all over the place, and in the middle some woman that have had an element of their privacy taken away, and are being blamed themselves for that.

Society is totally fucked up, basically.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 
Legendary Boogeyman

Basically, trust nobody, rely on nothing, take all the precautions you can at all times. Even that might not be enough. It's pretty pathetic that the best use these anonymous hackers than think of for a bruteforce is to get at pictures of naked famous women.

Anything intended private should remain so, and sadly once it's out court orders and efforts to delete are pointless. It'll spread far faster than you can ever remove. The best thing to do is condemn it, but ultimately you going to have to roll with it, or end up a recluse.

I'd always go for riches over fame. Cash is fine, but clearly the adoration of the masses is more hassle than its worth.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:40 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:

Just busy working TBH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:40 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
We live in a society that both idolises and denigrates physical attractiveness, that is both ruled by and disgusted by our base desires, that strives for success and strives to tear down anyone successful, that worships fame and treats famous people as second class citizens.

Dichotomies all over the place, and in the middle some woman that have had an element of their privacy taken away, and are being blamed themselves for that.

A 'the glass is half empty' day for you then Trooper? :)

I don't think it's necessarily that bad, there are lots of wonderful people doing lots of wonderful things but of course they tend not to shout and scream about what they're up to. Ignoring the mainstream media is a good place to start in cutting out a lot of the crap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:42 
Gogmagog

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
It's pretty pathetic that the best use these anonymous hackers than think of for a bruteforce is to get at pictures of naked famous women.

You're pitting teenage lust against technological elegance. You're going to get nothing but a beating on teh door.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:44 
Legendary Boogeyman

MaliA wrote:
You're going to get nothing but a beating on teh door.

I.. what?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:45 
ugvm'er at heart...

Hearthly wrote:
Trooper wrote:

A 'the glass is half empty' day for you then Trooper? :)

I don't think it's necessarily that bad, there are lots of wonderful people doing lots of wonderful things but of course they tend not to shout and scream about what they're up to. Ignoring the mainstream media is a good place to start in cutting out a lot of the crap.

True, i'm just being overly dramatic :)

I wonder how many people do ignore the mainstream media? A lot of this is fundamentally their doing, if the majority of people can see through the bullshit, then society is fine. If the majority of people are guided by mainstream media, then society is fucked.

Grim... can you run a poll and find out ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 
Gogmagog

MaliA wrote:
You're going to get nothing but a beating on teh door.

I.. what?

You're not going to get a clever atack, you'er going to get a battering ram and a cleverly worded pun about wanking.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:56 
Excellent Member

There was never going to be many men involved in the leak.

We all know women's brains are smaller, therefore they have more issue with complex passwords and technology.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:58 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

"Issues".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 
Excellent Member

Grim... wrote:
"Issues".

No issue they can only process one thing at a time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:02 
Legendary Boogeyman

/thread.

asface has turned blatant troll so no more interaction with him from here on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:10 
INFINITE POWAH

MaliA wrote:

Quote:

Because naked men are not attractive unless airbrushed and they've remembered to take their socks off. Unlikely with something snapped on a mobile. Women, on the other hand, look lovely regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:22 
Excellent Member

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Quote:

Because naked men are not attractive unless airbrushed and they've remembered to take their socks off. Unlikely with something snapped on a mobile. Women, on the other hand, look lovely regardless.

That's a bit sexist, plenty of ladies use the airbrush as well

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:27 
INFINITE POWAH

asfish wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Quote:

That's a bit sexist, plenty of ladies use the airbrush as well

Yes, but they look often look lovely whether they do or don't. Generally, men are just happy to be seeing a naked lady regardless. We're simple that way.

Blokes, on the other hand, are almost universally unattractive when nekkid without digital assistance. As it were.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:59 

Not sure if serious...

I'll bite anyway, though - I would imagine that women find men attractive when naked - and without digital assistance, as it were.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 13:18 
Paws for thought

I think it's fair to say that if women were as interested in seeing naked men as men are in seeing naked women, there would be considerably more sites dedicated to that purpose. Supply and demand and that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 13:21 
Excellent Member

Mr Dave wrote:
I think it's fair to say that if women were as interested in seeing naked men as men are in seeing naked women, there would be considerably more sites dedicated to that purpose. Supply and demand and that.

Are there many sites aimed at women for that sort of stuff, I guess if you goggled naked men most of the hits would be gay sites ??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 13:35 
INFINITE POWAH

GazChap wrote:
Not sure if serious...

I'll bite anyway, though - I would imagine that women find men attractive when naked - and without digital assistance, as it were.

;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 13:47 
Excellent Member

Naked men are attractive, but a naked man I'm in a relationship with is infinitely more of a turn on than a naked random person would be.

I appreciate an attractive man but a picture of one wouldn't do anything for me at all, and I'd prefer to look at ones that had pants on if I was going to sit and look at images of them. Although I can't really imagine just looking at pictures of naked men. Whereas men seem to get turned on by looking at naked women, or at least act like they do.

I don't know if I'm typical of most women in that regard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:04 
sneering elitist

flis wrote:
Naked men are attractive, but a naked man I'm in a relationship with is infinitely more of a turn on than a naked random person would be.

I appreciate an attractive man but a picture of one wouldn't do anything for me at all, and I'd prefer to look at ones that had pants on if I was going to sit and look at images of them. Although I can't really imagine just looking at pictures of naked men. Whereas men seem to get turned on by looking at naked women, or at least act like they do.

:this:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:08 

The large selection of erotic novels suggests to me that the ladies get their jollies in a different way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:09 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mary Winstead on Twitter: "To those of you looking at photos I took with my husband years ago in the privacy of our home, hope you feel great about yourselves."

She was then attacked for this, over and over, mostly from people saying it was her own fault, until she left Twitter.

Fucking hell. There should be a cull.

"i think u are a disgrace and a bad influence to youth, why should u make videos and pics? You breached ur own privacy bitch"
"one more thing, i will be masturbating to your PHOTOS if that makes u feel even worse. BITCH"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:10 
Master of dodgy spelling....

flis wrote:

:this:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:12 

You don't know if you're typical of most women in that regard either?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:12 

Cras wrote:

"i think u are a disgrace and a bad influence to youth, why should u make videos and pics? You breached ur own privacy bitch"
"one more thing, i will be masturbating to your PHOTOS if that makes u feel even worse. BITCH"

asfish wrote:
Well Mary I'm sure there are lots of people making themselves feel good over and over again looking at you pictures :DD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:14 
Master of dodgy spelling....

markg wrote:
You don't know if you're typical of most women in that regard either?

True, some days I feel more women than others..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:15 
UltraMod

Cras wrote:

You know that Craster doesn't use the term 'cull' lightly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:24 
Legendary Boogeyman

Relevant point: Do we think users should have a right to privacy online, which enables venomous trolls to spout such abuse with impunity, or should everyone be ultimately identifiable so they can be held personally to account for such comments?

It's very often the case that as soon as one of these pathetic little shits are unmasked and named by some investigating authority, they're suddenly overcome with remorse and regret for something inevitably said 'in the heat of the moment' blahblahexcuse.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:30 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I don't think anything that person said was in any way actionable, though it was abhorrent. It would be nice to think that someone who knows him and sees his twitter feed took ten minutes out of their day to stop by his house and punch him in the face.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:35 
ugvm'er at heart...

Relevant point: Do we think users should have a right to privacy online, which enables venomous trolls to spout such abuse with impunity, or should everyone be ultimately identifiable so they can be held personally to account for such comments?

I honestly don't know. Anonymity allows twats to be twats with little to no comeback, which isn't good. However anonymity also affords protection to the would be persecuted, be that because of who they are, or what they have done or are doing which may be morally right but against the will of those "in charge", or other similar situations.

I think the later is worth protecting, but to do that we enable the former. I think it's a price worth paying... I think...

Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next