Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: B&B 43
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 21:21 
Master of dodgy spelling....

MaliA wrote:
The railway system is madness at times. Because I am now very important and busy I have to go to places by train to do stuff. An open return from Leeds to B'ham new street is £116. If I split the journey into 3 returns (Leeds to Sheffield, Sheffield to Derby and Derby to B'ham) it's £52. Amusingly, I have to change seats three times on the same train, but that's the way it is I suppose.

I will wave as I pass the derby Train on the way to work

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 0:16 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
flis wrote:
Got a fancy dress party on Saturday. The items I've ordered have been dispatched, with an estimated delivery date of Thursday - Monday... It's all arriving Monday, isn't it. Fucksake, why can I never be more prepared! Although, I'd have thought that a week was adequate time for delivery.

If all else fails, paint yourself red and say you've been told you're the devil ;)

Cheeky monkey... That's where your plan falls down :P it's not my outfit that isn't here, it's Mr. flis' and his youngest boys'. So ner.

I have been wrapping presents tonight! I love giving presents. Mostly because I can now spend the next few months until my birthday reminding Mr. flis how awesome his presents were and how I definitely deserve super awesome ones in return. That's totally how it works, right?

I got him a Citizen Eco drive watch, thanks for the recommendation there guys; a pair of Oakley sunglasses; a TT 2014 to shirt - which is something of an in-joke; a chauffeurs cap - another in-joke; and a pair of walking boots. And a badge that says 'I can count to potato'.

As well as his birthday, I also have my eldest boy turning 15 on the same day; double present giving joy!! However, 15yo boys are rubbish for buying gifts for as he knows exactly what he wants, and if I deviate at all, he'll be like one of those kids who got an iPhone 5C at Christmas, instead of an iPhone 5S. *woe* He's asked for Wolfenstein and clothes. The clothes he has to choose himself when we go to Englandshire next month. Quite easily pleased but he has everything else a teenage boy could want, within reason. It'll be driving lessons next year, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 0:53 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Note that I'm not in a strip club.

Craster.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:47 
ugvm'er at heart...

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

You can now register to vote online people :)
Next stop, voting online I hope!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:53 
Awesome
Yes

Done, registered. Loved the ability to apply for postal vote. Survey also filled out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:35 
Awesome
Yes

No hang on, they've just logged that I'd like a postal vote, so I have to print out the form they've sent me in an email and then post it off.

Trooper your system is a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:45 

Russell, you were already registered to vote. Hence you voted the other day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:51 
Awesome
Yes

Mimi wrote:

Yeah, but I thought I was going to be able to auto sign up for postal voting before Trooper's stupid system RUINED EVERYTHING.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:52 
UltraMod

Mr Russell wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Yeah, but I thought I was going to be able to auto sign up for postal voting

Seriously? Have you never used any 'online' government system before?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:55 
Awesome
Yes

American Nervoso wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Yeah, but I thought I was going to be able to auto sign up for postal voting

Seriously? Have you never used any 'online' government system before?

Gateway.

But Trooper promised me this system would be new and amazing, and I trust him not to let me down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:59 
UltraMod

Mr Russell wrote:
But Trooper promised me this system would be new and amazing, and I trust him not to let me down.

Seriously? Have you never met Trooper before?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:10 
ugvm'er at heart...

:D baby steps Russ! Lots of things in government still need a wet signature and it takes a lot of legislative work to change that, it's being done but it isn't a fast process.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 13:15 
Awesome
Yes

Trooper wrote:
:D baby steps Russ! Lots of things in government still need a wet signature and it takes a lot of legislative work to change that, it's being done but it isn't a fast process.

Fine, I'm not voting ever again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 13:44 
ugvm'er at heart...

Well, that's annoying. It seems that someone has sent out a spam message with one of my email addresses as the from address.
I have his real email address by virtue of the reply-to field, is there anything i can do with that to annoy him?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 14:25 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

What? How has that happened?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 14:26 
ugvm'er at heart...

It's pretty common, you can set the from address to be anything you like in an email, it just so happens that this spammer has chosen a from address at my domain.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 14:29 
UltraMod

It's called spoofing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 14:29 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Aah, I see. Chances are the email address is worthless, and the domain in the email is the information he is trying to disseminate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 14:32 
UltraMod

Bobbyaro wrote:
Aah, I see. Chances are the email address is worthless, and the domain in the email is the information he is trying to disseminate.

Unlikely, the spammer just wants to send out spam and using other people's email addresses is the safest way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 14:39 
ugvm'er at heart...

It's a "reply back for more info" scam, the actual email itself doesn't have any phishing links in it, and while the sending locations are different and forged in each email, the reply-to is always the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 14:54 
Soopah red DS

Trooper wrote:
It's a "reply back for more info" scam, the actual email itself doesn't have any phishing links in it, and while the sending locations are different and forged in each email, the reply-to is always the same.

If you get to him, make sure you include retribution for 'reply back', as well as everything else.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 16:28 

Trooper wrote:
Well, that's annoying. It seems that someone has sent out a spam message with one of my email addresses as the from address.
I have his real email address by virtue of the reply-to field, is there anything i can do with that to annoy him?
Could always sign the address up with all the met office alerts. From experience they spam the utter shite out of you at times.

https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts ... criber/new

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 16:34 
Excellent Member

Going to see a financial adviser tomorrow... That should be good for a laugh, if nothing else.

We're going to discuss our options regarding mortgages. I'm approaching the whole thing with an open mind; I have no idea how it's going to go or what we could get but ideally we want to buy something at the end of the year. It'll be nice to be able look with realistic expectations as opposed to daydreaming over 5 bedroom, 6 bathroom detached houses :D I'd definitely need a cleaner...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 16:52 
ugvm'er at heart...

Wullie wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Could always sign the address up with all the met office alerts. From experience they spam the utter shite out of you at times.

https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts ... criber/new

I dumped it into mailbait and let that run for an hour or so while I watched a film. It'll do fuck all, but it made me feel a bit better :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 23:18 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Question.

(a) When one has a facebook friend who pollute ones timeline constantly with a continual barrage of 'Mother Earth'...'we must limit our use of precious resources' stuff (not that you're necessarily inclined to disagree but a little break from 17 facebook posts a day would have been nice before the unsubscribe feature existed, and hey, I only came to facebook for the chicks in bikini pics anyway, dudette)...

(b)...and that facebook friend has just shat out a second progeny...

...when is the best time to point out that views (a) do not coincide with actions (b) for maximum destructive effect?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 23:50 
Sleepyhead

Heh.

I am annoyed at the moment. My 360 is now louder than my washing machine, so to play DVDs and files from USB sticks I bought a new Sony DVD player with a USB input.

Can I get it to play any files? Nope!

It says it plays a massive range of files, but nothing I try to use gets past it. Either 'unsupported format' or 'data error'. I've tried three different conversion tools, packaged it into about eight different formats, gone as basic and stripped down as I can, and still nothing.

Anyone struggled with this kind of thing before? I really want to watch the new episode of a popular television show I have obtained in a legal fashion.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 0:33 
Excellent Member

Buy a PS3, best non-Windows media player ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:17 

Is there any such thing as an av amp that can mix two inputs? Sometimes I'd like to listen to music while playing a game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:08 
UltraMod

Bamba wrote:

:this:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:31 
Paws for thought

markg wrote:
Is there any such thing as an av amp that can mix two inputs? Sometimes I'd like to listen to music while playing a game.

Not that I've ever come across- It'd likely end up very muddy. Which is why I used a mixing desk when I wanted such a thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:40 
EvilTrousers

I played Outrun in a hydraulic car yesterday at The Trafford Centre before I went to the cinema.

It was fucking amazing. God I miss arcades.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:30 
Gogmagog

Gotten as far as Birmingham New St. There was a stunning lass in a tartan dress walking through the concourse. Absolutely beautiful. Lots of people looking so she is probably famous. Now I am on the Walsall train Wotton bound. Had I stayed on the train I was on at half six I would be half an hour into breakfast in London now. Odd things, trains.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:01 

Trousers wrote:
I played Outrun in a hydraulic car yesterday at The Trafford Centre before I went to the cinema.

It was fucking amazing. God I miss arcades.

Holy shit, I'd love to play Outrun like that again. And Galaxy Force II.

It was recently mandated that all the corporate Macs here should have a company desktop wallpaper, but we're not setup to deploy such a thing as a group policy, even with Open Directory. So I've made a scheduled task for Apple Remote Desktop to send the wallpaper out a few times a week (provided it's not already present on the target Mac, of course), then deploy a tiny app, which launches as soon as the copy is complete, which forces the wallpaper to immediately change to the mandated one. Of course, people just change the wallpaper back to whatever they like, so I've also gone to the trouble of reading up how to add that app to everyone's Login Items, so it'll run at every login.

I haven't taken this final step though, because doing so would deprive me of my newfound pleasure of randomly VNC-ing into someone's Mac, seeing that they've changed their wallpaper, and then manually running that app myself, so it changes right back, right in front of my eyes.

I think something has gone terribly wrong that I'm finding this as fun as I am. Like going hunting, where my prey are hipster designer types.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:46 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Bamba wrote:

And then play an MKV video. Oh, oops!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:50 
Excellent Member

Mr Dave wrote:
markg wrote:

Not that I've ever come across- It'd likely end up very muddy. Which is why I used a mixing desk when I wanted such a thing.

Something like this would do the job. You'd need some cables too.

http://www.soundlightuk.com/shop/products/Soundlab-4-Channel-Stereo-Microphone-Mixer.html

The Crumplezone My Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:57 

It would except that my PS3 and PS4 have HDMI cables that go straight into the av amp.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:07 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

markg wrote:

Most 360 games allow you to listen to your own music while you play - some PS3 games do to, according to the Internet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:09 

Only stuff that's on the 360 itself isn't it? Not sure about the PS3, the PS4 you have to use some shitty Sony version of Spotify.

I just want to be able to plug in any device with an audio out and mix that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:10 
Paws for thought

Grim... wrote:
markg wrote:

Most 360 games allow you to listen to your own music while you play - some PS3 games do to, according to the Internet.

None that I've ever tried it with, mind.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:34 
Excellent Member

Grim... wrote:
Bamba wrote:

I use mine almost exclusively for playing downloaded MKVs. So nyer!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:40 
Unpossible!

Bamba wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Bamba wrote:

I use mine almost exclusively for playing downloaded linux distros

:ninja:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:42 
Bad Girl

But remember if you're playing 'naughty' videos then your PS3 might discover this and block the sound*. You won't get that on your 360, mind.

*insert something about muting the sound when watching naughty video's anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:44 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:
But remember if you're playing 'naughty' videos then your PS3 might discover this and block the sound*. You won't get that on your 360, mind.

What are you talking about?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:49 
Excellent Member

I Googled it and I presume you mean this Cinavia thing? Interesting; I only ever download TV in HD so had never come across this. Although I did watch a downloaded Bluray rip of a very recent film last week and it was fine so I assume they've found a way round it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 13:14 
Bad Girl

Pirated downloads, init.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 13:27 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:
Pirated downloads, init.

Well I'm certainly glad you cleared that up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 13:31 
UltraMod

Bamba wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
Pirated downloads, init.

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 13:47 
Master of dodgy spelling....

My new office looks over Pride Park...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 13:47 
Excellent Member

American Nervoso wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
Pirated downloads, init.

I don't know what's happening here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 13:48 
UltraMod

Bamba wrote:
American Nervoso wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
Pirated downloads, init.

I don't know what's happening here.

I wasn't facepalming at you. More facepalming in sympathy.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next