Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: B&B 43
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 19:13 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
New gauntlet? Tell me more.

1/2 price right now (£7.49) at the Humble store : https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ga ... storefront

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:01 
Hibernating Druid

TheVision wrote:
I've been watching Breaking Bad over the last few weeks. (I know, late to the party but still). It's brilliant isn't it? I know there's a thread for it so I can't wait to see what everyone else has thinks about it.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Yes. It's really good.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:36 
Bad Girl

First Christmas tree sighted on 18 November. :mindblown:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:07 
Gogmagog

After I die, and my brain gets cryogenically frozen, I'm having trouble deciding what I want my consciousness implanted into. It's a big decision, but I think I've narrowed it down to a revolving door or the door controls on the underground.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:07 
Gogmagog

Saturnalian wrote:
First Christmas tree sighted on 18 November. :mindblown:

:excellent:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:42 
sneering elitist

If we count pictures on social media, I've been seeing people's Christmas trees for over a week.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 13:46 

Electric Unicycle Wheelbarrow Monocycle

Excellent tool to go to work,school,date!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 19:13 
Best
Board Mother

Jem wrote:
If we count pictures on social media, I've been seeing people's Christmas trees for over a week.

:this:

I've just seen the first house with decorations up on the estate on my way home tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 19:17 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

The Starbucks red cups are out. That means it's all good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 19:35 

Still waiting to hear the first Slade of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:59 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Oh, that's why we couldn't vote for Craig Charles in I'm a Celeb yesterday - his brother had died so he left :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 15:56 
Bad Girl

So I'm writing some crap for my website about personal injury claims.

I thought I might do 5 short ones and I've gone blank at 3.

I've got:

1) Addressing the compensation culture
2) Know how your legal costs work
3) Pothole claims

If any of you lot had a personal injury and wanted to know about making a claim - what do you reckon you'd be interested to know about before making a claim?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 16:02 
Gogmagog

Whether or not listening to the union representative is a good idea or not, whether or not to believe the defendant to be if they say a claim would fail.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 16:06 
Gogmagog

Took the child to the swimming lessons that MrsA takes her to. There's only 3 other people with their kids. It was weird dunking the child's head under the water, but felt strangely cathartic.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 16:24 
Bad Girl

MaliA wrote:
Whether or not listening to the union representative is a good idea or not

What do you mean by this? Have you had some bad experience with union reps or something? Usually they are quite helpful in getting you to report accidents promptly and stuff, aren't they?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 16:35 
EvilTrousers

I got access to our phone system's UI at work so I changed some names for the users to their actual names rather than the old members of staff they were currently under.

Using the name "O'Connor" has fucked the database to the extent that I am told it needs a 2 hour rebuild.

Now I'm not massively up on SQL but;

1) Surely there should be data validation to prevent this as an apostrophe is fairly common in names?
2) Two hours to rebuild a database? Does that sound realistic to you code jockeys out there?

Am I being unreasonable by thinking they can fuck off if they think they are charging me for 2 hours work for something the system shouldn't even let me do?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 16:37 
Gogmagog

Saturnalian wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Whether or not listening to the union representative is a good idea or not

What do you mean by this? Have you had some bad experience with union reps or something? Usually they are quite helpful in getting you to report accidents promptly and stuff, aren't they?

A friend's mother took a fall at work, and the union rep, allegedly, said not to bother pursuing a claim as she'd lose.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 16:39 
Excellent Member

Obligatory.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 16:40 

Trousers wrote:
I got access to our phone system's UI at work so I changed some names for the users to their actual names rather than the old members of staff they were currently under.

Using the name "O'Connor" has fucked the database to the extent that I am told it needs a 2 hour rebuild.

1) Surely there should be data validation to prevent this as an apostrophe is fairly common in names?
2) Two hours to rebuild a database? Does that sound realistic to you code jockeys out there?

Am I being unreasonable by thinking they can fuck off if they think they are charging me for 2 hours work for something the system shouldn't even let me do?

They should be compensating you for the downtime as well as fixing their crappy system so that it can use apostrophes without going into some sort of bizarre meltdown.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 16:42 
8-Bit Champion

Trousers wrote:

Depends on the terms and the fact that you had access to the system does not automatically follow on that you could change stuff :-)

I think you could probably complain enough to get them to waive the fee as its only there because of their crappy system

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 17:01 
Gogmagog

Saturnalian wrote:

I've got:

3) Pothole claims

If any of you lot had a personal injury and wanted to know about making a claim - what do you reckon you'd be interested to know about before making a claim?

How's about putting summaries of recent important cases and how they could affect potential clients? Show's you're up to date and on the ball.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 17:01 
Unpossible!

Case Studies.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 17:02 
ugvm'er at heart...

Saturnalian wrote:

I've got:

3) Pothole claims

What's up with the whole no-win-no-fee business, and who makes money in the process.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 17:15 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Trousers wrote:

As others have said, your sole response to this should be the little Bobby tables picture.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 17:28 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trousers wrote:

No. Tell them to employ some people who didn't learn to code in the last hour, and then to get fucked. This stuff if beyond basic.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 18:52 

Grim... wrote:
Trousers wrote:

No. Tell them to employ some people who didn't learn to code in the last hour, and then to get fucked. This stuff if beyond basic.

Advanced?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 20:48 

lasermink wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Trousers wrote:

Advanced?

I was going to say that, but didn't.

Me and you:

like that, we are.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 21:14 

Aw!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 21:36 
8-Bit Champion

zaphod79 wrote:
Trailer for about the only thing that Microsofts TV division will ever actually get to put out (and a very apt subject)

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/wat ... er#!bvlhcr

Quote:

Microsoft has shared the first trailer for Atari: Game Over, the Xbox-exclusive documentary about Atari, the 1983 video game industry crash, and the New Mexico desert mass burial of the famously terrible E.T. game. In April 2014, Microsoft funded an excavation of the New Mexico landfill where Atari dumped thousands of unsold copies of the terrible E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial adaptation that nearly sank the entire emerging video games industry. The documentary, directed by Zak Penn, interviews everyone from the game’s creator and Atari’s executives to residents of Alamogordo, NM, where the unsold games were buried for decades. Atari: Game Over is one of the few projects to escape from the collapse of Xbox Entertainment Studios, which fell as collateral damage to Microsoft’s recent restructuring. The documentary comes out this fall on Xbox Live and xboxvideo.com.

This is now live - my 360 wont play it - its stuck in a loop trying to download a 9mb patch for Xbox video however it should be streamable on the web here :

http://video.xbox.com/movie/atari-game- ... 1BA57E8025

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:08 
Kvnt

I see Bill Cosby is playing the part of Jimmy Savile in the US remake of Operation Yewtree.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:05 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

YOG wrote:
I see Bill Cosby is playing the part of Jimmy Savile in the US remake of Operation Yewtree.

Ha! This probably shouldn't have done, but it made me laugh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:09 

I'm sure there were a number of allegations against Cosby ten or fifteen years ago which weren't pursued because the time frame to make allegations in the US had passed (is this the statute of limitations rule, or is that something else?). I tried to Google but all the results are understandably about the new allegations.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:10 

OK, found this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 74326.html

Quote:
In fact, Cosby first faced accusations of sexual assault in 2005. Andrea Constand, the director of the women’s basketball team at Temple University, the comedian’s alma mater, claimed he had drugged and molested her at his home in Philadelphia the previous year.

Another 13 women reportedly offered to testify in her case, including Bowman, Serignese and former model Beth Ferrier, who had been in a consensual relationship with Cosby in the 1980s, but who claimed he later drugged and sexually assaulted her. However, Constand’s lawsuit was eventually settled out of court.

At the time, a California lawyer named Tamara Green was also interviewed on US television, claiming Cosby had drugged and sexually assaulted her when she was a young model during the 1970s. After giving her a pill to combat her flu, Green alleged, Cosby had driven her home and then started “… groping me and kissing me and touching me and handling me and… taking off my clothes.” Cosby’s lawyer denied her claims categorically.

Comedian Hannibal Buress described Bill Cosby as a 'rapist' during a stand-up set in Philadelphia Comedian Hannibal Buress described Bill Cosby as a 'rapist' during a stand-up set in Philadelphia

Ten years ago there was no social media to speak of, which meant the allegations failed to make their way into the public consciousness. That had all changed by this September, when journalist Mark Whitaker published a biography, Cosby: His Life and Times, which controversially omitted the allegations of sexual assault against its subject. The following month, comedian Hannibal Buress described Cosby as a “rapist” during a stand-up set in Philadelphia; the clip went viral. Inspired by the response to Buress’s routine, Bowman penned her account for the Washington Post, and the story ballooned.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

lasermink wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Trousers wrote:

Advanced?

No, the other way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:35 
Awesome
Yes

Grim... wrote:
lasermink wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Trousers wrote:

Advanced?

No, the other way.

Preyond.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 15:02 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

GRIM...

Why can't I add myself to my Foes list? Surely this should be technically possible, if a ludicrous concept.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 15:14 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

https://www.phpbb.com/support/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 15:26 
UltraMod

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
GRIM...

Why can't I add myself to my Foes list? Surely this should be technically possible, if a ludicrous concept.

If you don't post anything ever again it'll effectively be the same thing. I advise this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 15:33 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Can someone let me know what Grim...'s answer is as I've got him on superfoe.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 15:45 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

You can't foe me, ner ner.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 15:53 
UltraMod

Grim... wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

You can't foe me, ner ner.

If you don't post anything ever again it'll effectively be the same thing. I advise this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 16:38 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

The silence in this thread is fucking deafening.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 21:33 
Gogmagog

I was driving through Bradford today and saw a sign in the Christadelphian's gaff advertising a talk on Sunday called "Awesome facts about Jews". If it isn't in a buzz feed style I will be disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 22:09 
INFINITE POWAH

"I like cock, not roach". Kendra continues to be good quality.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 22:12 
Gogmagog

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
"I like cock, not roach". Kendra continues to be good quality.

?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 22:13 
INFINITE POWAH

Sleb, fool.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 22:14 
Gogmagog

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Sleb, fool.

Oh right. That was just on gogglebox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 22:16 
INFINITE POWAH

WTF is gogglebox?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 22:22 
Gogmagog

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
WTF is gogglebox?

A TV program which is people watching TV programs.

Also, I have a big man crush on Guy Martin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 22:23 
Gogmagog

On channel 4 now

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60  Next