Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
 Post subject: Re: B&B 43
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:41 
Decapodian

The majority of people at work are very sensible - staff and managers alike.
We do occasionally get someone who takes the piss which then results in a crackdown that affects everyone.

The last time that happened was one of our field engineers that worked on call who started trying to rigidly enforce his entitlement to an 11 hour break between shifts.
He'd finish the normal working day at 5:30pm so if he was called out of hours at say 11pm and then 6am he would insist on the 11 hour "clock" being reset each time, and send an email in saying he wouldn't be at work in time, even if it was only a 5 minute phone call he'd had to deal with. Get a call at the wrong time and he would basically refuse to come in to work the next day cause he'd done ten minutes work on call.

Given that he was paid £250 per week for being on call, plus time and a half or double for any hours worked this was seen as taking the piss somewhat.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:49 
UltraMod

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
The majority of people at work are very sensible - staff and managers alike.
We do occasionally get someone who takes the piss which then results in a crackdown that affects everyone.

The last time that happened was one of our field engineers that worked on call who started trying to rigidly enforce his entitlement to an 11 hour break between shifts.
He'd finish the normal working day at 5:30pm so if he was called out of hours at say 11pm and then 6am he would insist on the 11 hour "clock" being reset each time, and send an email in saying he wouldn't be at work in time, even if it was only a 5 minute phone call he'd had to deal with. Get a call at the wrong time and he would basically refuse to come in to work the next day cause he'd done ten minutes work on call.

Given that he was paid £250 per week for being on call, plus time and a half or double for any hours worked this was seen as taking the piss somewhat.

Yeah, I never do that. I go home, have something to eat and then try to get eight hours sleep and make my way in after that.

However, if I've been at work all night, I get sent home and I'm not expected back in that day.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:50 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Dr Zoidberg wins !

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60