Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: B&B 43
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 16:48 
Gogmagog

Grim... wrote:
So Jason Statham used to be a competitive diver.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/commonweal ... s/28292980

Huh.

He wasn't going to do it, but he spoke to a careers advisor who suggested he take the plunge and when it didn't work out, he caused a big splash elsewhere. It's not many actors who manage two turns before hitting the rock bottom but that's what happened with Expendables 3 and (BANG! - Enough! Grim...)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 16:54 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Yeah, not being a brilliant diver worked out quite well for him in the end.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 17:06 

Grim... wrote:
Fucking love Avenue Q. Best thing I've seen at the theatre by a country mile. Then Blood Brothers. Then Book of Mormon.

I really want to see 'the Book of Mormon'.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 17:20 
UltraMod

TheVision wrote:
I've been very bored today. That bored that I've started to add developer and publisher columns to my spreadsheet.

You're an absolute amateur for not having those in the first place. Next you'll be telling me you don't have a serial number column either!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 21:44 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Myp wanks a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:03 
Excellent Member

This doesn't merit a whole thread so: I started playing Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs a few days ago and holy shit is it ugly. I mean it's all low-res textures and whatnot as well, but that's not what I mean. It seems to have this weird 'wash' over the whole thing which makes stuff difficult to look at in a really weird way. It's not just that it's dark, because I've tried turning the gamma slider up pretty high and all that does it make everything go a weird colour, while being a bit brighter of course, but it's still really hard to look at for any length of time. The entire time I'm playing it I feel like someone's managed to rub a layer of vaseline on my eyeballs without me noticing. It's so bad I began wondering if my monitor was actually fucked, although it looks fine on the desktop and other games I've played recently. It's almost exactly like the effect you get when you look at a flat screen TV from too wide an angle; bits of the picture drop out and others lose their contrast.

The game itself hasn't been very interesting thus far, although that's probably due to my immersion being utterly fucked by the hideous visuals, and I'm getting a bit annoyed by the 'puzzles' (i.e. go right up to every object in every room and see if a hand icon appears which means you can do something, otherwise you'll miss something and spend ages circling around the same area wondering what the fuck's going on) but I want to play through it. I'm curious whether anyone else has played it and whether you experienced anything like what I'm talking about? Or whether I really should start investigating monitor/driver issues. I'm half-tempted to hook the PC up the TV in the living room just to see what it looks like there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:46 
Bad Girl

How a master assassin rolls in Dishonoured.

Damn that game was groovy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 
Bad Girl

Bamba wrote:
This doesn't merit a whole thread so: I started playing Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs a few days ago and holy shit is it ugly. I mean it's all low-res textures and whatnot as well, but that's not what I mean. It seems to have this weird 'wash' over the whole thing which makes stuff difficult to look at in a really weird way. It's not just that it's dark, because I've tried turning the gamma slider up pretty high and all that does it make everything go a weird colour, while being a bit brighter of course, but it's still really hard to look at for any length of time. The entire time I'm playing it I feel like someone's managed to rub a layer of vaseline on my eyeballs without me noticing. It's so bad I began wondering if my monitor was actually fucked, although it looks fine on the desktop and other games I've played recently. It's almost exactly like the effect you get when you look at a flat screen TV from too wide an angle; bits of the picture drop out and others lose their contrast.

The game itself hasn't been very interesting thus far, although that's probably due to my immersion being utterly fucked by the hideous visuals, and I'm getting a bit annoyed by the 'puzzles' (i.e. go right up to every object in every room and see if a hand icon appears which means you can do something, otherwise you'll miss something and spend ages circling around the same area wondering what the fuck's going on) but I want to play through it. I'm curious whether anyone else has played it and whether you experienced anything like what I'm talking about? Or whether I really should start investigating monitor/driver issues. I'm half-tempted to hook the PC up the TV in the living room just to see what it looks like there.

I sez.

viewtopic.php?style=19&f=3&t=9897&p=826962&hilit=Amnesia#p826962

Weirdly I noticed a weird hazy blue/brown hue to everything but I imagine I must have thought it was part of the style (I imagine). I do remember having some issues though.

Mind you, I didn't miss any puzzle pieces. I thought it was fairly linear and reasonably choreographed so you knew when you had to poke or pull something.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:00 
UltraMod

I refused to buy it as I couldn't get the first Amnesia working because it used OpenGL. What is this, 1995?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:12 
Gogmagog

American Nervoso wrote:
I refused to buy it as I couldn't get the first Amnesia working because it used OpenGL. What is this, 1995?

But only if it were.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:
Weirdly I noticed a weird hazy blue/brown hue to everything but I imagine I must have thought it was part of the style (I imagine). I do remember having some issues though.

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about and I imagine it has been done on purpose but, perhaps in combination with my admittedly crap monitor, it's making the entire thing near impossible to put up with. This is totally going to end up with me buying a new monitor, which I was going to do about a year back and didn't go through with. The reasons why I wanted to, and why I didn't bother, are lost to me though.

Saturnalian wrote:
Mind you, I didn't miss any puzzle pieces. I thought it was fairly linear and reasonably choreographed so you knew when you had to poke or pull something.

It's probably just me being dim but I was wandering about the house right at the start and to progress you need to 'open' on a painting in the bathroom. I'd been in the bathroom and walked around it a good few times and saw nothing to make me think, "Ooh, I better go right up to that random object as it'll have a crucial secret behind it!" The same thing happened at another point when you have to shift a glass case containing a bear around or you can't progress. It's possibly another consequence of it looking all weird and shit for me though, that's hardly going to improve my ability to pick out important objects after all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:37 
Gogmagog

If I had a stuffed bear in a glass case it would be THE most important object in the room that wasn't me. To eBay!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 13:11 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Saturnalian wrote:
How a master assassin rolls in Dishonoured.

Damn that game was groovy.

OMG, the Jesus shot!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 13:36 
Gogmagog

In videogame related news:

Borderlands is still super fun. more so now that I'm getting harder, stronger and faster. I'm playing as a soldier and have reached level 13. Tesco have a special offer to get Borderlands 1 and 2 for £18, so that's worth a look.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 13:43 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

MaliA wrote:

Borderlands is still super fun. more so now that I'm getting harder, stronger and faster. I'm playing as a soldier and have reached level 13. Tesco have a special offer to get Borderlands 1 and 2 for £18, so that's worth a look.

£11.71 from Amazon if you don't mind them second hand.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 14:05 
Gogmagog

Grim... wrote:
MaliA wrote:

£11.71 from Amazon if you don't mind them second hand.

Everyone should play it! it's acebest!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 14:45 

Just come off the phone with a hosting provider that is providing hosting for one of our clients.

Said client has paid for hosting with these guys up until the end of the 31st July.

They've switched the site off at 12 noon and are refusing to turn it back on because, and I quote, "we won't be here at midnight to turn the website off when the hosting expires."

I am both disgusted and dumbfounded.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 14:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

WTFF?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 15:13 

Inorite? I was hoping to do a HTTrack on the website to take a copy of it before it went down (said host provided me with FTP access to download the actual files, but refused to provide a DB dump) but now that plan is scuppered.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 23:15 
Hibernating Druid

KovacsC wrote:
would be interesting to see what the service was like before.

Like a big van that goes 'ner-ner, ner-ner' full of poorly people.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 23:18 
Hibernating Druid

Grim... wrote:
Fucking love Avenue Q. Best thing I've seen at the theatre by a country mile. Then Blood Brothers. Then Book of Mormon.

Recently been on in Blackpool. I was intrigued enough to watch some clips but wasn't impressed :shrug:

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:25 

Last day in my current job today, and starting the new one on Monday. The last two months have really dragged.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:21 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Zardoz wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Recently been on in Blackpool. I was intrigued enough to watch some clips but wasn't impressed :shrug:

I would have thought it was right up your street.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:28 

I was given an antique piano yesterday that works fine but needs a bit of visual restoration. The idea is for it to be a feature in my new living room, and it might even make me learn how to play the piano.

Anyway, turns out it's an Eungblut & Eungblut piano, from London. Manufactured some time between 1880 and 1910, and there are an estimated 100 of them in the UK.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:35 
Excellent Member

GazChap wrote:
I was given an antique piano yesterday that works fine but needs a bit of visual restoration. The idea is for it to be a feature in my new living room, and it might even make me learn how to play the piano.

Anyway, turns out it's an Eungblut & Eungblut piano, from London. Manufactured some time between 1880 and 1910, and there are an estimated 100 of them in the UK.

Next obvious question: how much is it worth?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:41 
Gogmagog

Bamba wrote:
GazChap wrote:

Next obvious question: how much is it worth?

And how did you get it to the first floor flat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:47 

No idea how much it's worth.

And I had it put into my storage lock-up, no way in hell was I getting that up a flight of steps. Fortunately, when I move (hopefully within the next week or two) it'll sit nicely in my new living room.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:53 
Gogmagog

GazChap wrote:

And I had it put into my storage lock-up, no way in hell was I getting that up a flight of steps. Fortunately, when I move (hopefully within the next week or two) it'll sit nicely in my new living room.

I had delightful metal images of you and Zeppo engaged in a Right Said Fred montage. The Bernerd Cribbins Right Said Fred, you fithy creatures.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:55 

MaliA wrote:
GazChap wrote:

I had delightful metal images of you and Zeppo engaged in a Right Said Fred montage. The Bernerd Cribbins Right Said Fred, you fithy creatures.

:D

I used to play that song a lot when I was a nipper.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:59 

I was thinking Chuckle Brothers myself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:04 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Kern wrote:
MaliA wrote:
GazChap wrote:

:D

I used to play that song a lot when I was a nipper.

Mark Radcliffe covered it on a Children in Need album a few years back. It's awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 13:34 
Excellent Member

Beex is FORBIDDEN!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 13:41 
ugvm'er at heart...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28605400

The Ugandan courts have annulled the anti-homosexuality law :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 14:32 
Excellent Member

Awesome! I've just got my phone back and all repaired from HTC and it seems that replacing the screen has involved replacing the entire front of the phone. This takes care of the dent in the speaker grill from my cat casually batting the thing off the kitchen worktop and ensures full resale value whenever I finally swap it out!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 14:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Bamba wrote:
Beex is FORBIDDEN!

Fuck yeah. Keep away, Yahoo! scummers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 14:49 
ugvm'er at heart...

Alton Towers on Monday! Woooo!

Looked into booking into the hotel on the Sunday night, to save an early start. 200 fucking quid, without theme park entry! fuck that!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 15:02 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Does anyone else buy shoes/trainers online?

If so, recommend me some sites. I'm venturing into the unknown.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 15:16 

http://www.demonia.co.uk/demonia-footwe ... twear.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 16:31 

TheVision wrote:

I've used these people in the past:
http://www.cloggs.co.uk/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 16:55 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

TheVision wrote:

Nike.com
Sports Direct

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 17:00 

I actually prefer to try shoes on and can't be fussed with sending things back.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 17:08 
Sleepyhead

Facebook is down.

Sort it the fuck out, Zio.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 17:21 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Curiosity wrote:
Facebook is down.

Fuck it. Don't bother to sort it out, Zio.

FTFY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 19:34 

Grim... wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I would have thought it was right up your street.

Right uphis Aveneu.
Q.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 20:27 
Bad Girl

Has anyone used or know of a service called myfax.com?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 20:47 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

I used myfax about 15 years ago I think. So long ago that the registration info isn't in my 10 year old Gmail account.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 21:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

The mildly interesting life of Mr Trooper #152

Every since I had my tonsils out, I can no longer hold in a sneeze.

Stay tuned for another exciting episode next week.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 21:36 
Awesome
Yes

Trooper wrote:

Do you get an indication the sneeze is coming at least so you can turn your head away from the person you're speaking to?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 21:45 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mr Russell wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Do you get an indication the sneeze is coming at least so you can turn your head away from the person you're speaking to?

Let's test it at the cottage. Do you feel lucky?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 21:47 
Bad Girl

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I used myfax about 15 years ago I think. So long ago that the registration info isn't in my 10 year old Gmail account.

Was it alright though? Simple, straightforward, cheap etc?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 60  Next