Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bloodborne - From Software - PS4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:23 
Bad Girl

Fucking game. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:23 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Details of the patch later this month

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/04/ ... r=36969785

Quote:
Incoming Bloodborne update to reduce load times and optimise performance

Look out for update 1.03 later this month

We are amazed and very grateful for the way in which the community has embraced Bloodborne. As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Bloodborne has now sold through over one million copies worldwide. Thank you to everyone who has supported the project!

Today, we wanted to provide some more information regarding the next patch for Bloodborne.

As we confirmed previously, the 1.03 update seeks to reduce certain load times in addition to performance optimisations. The patch also resolves an issue that resulted in abnormal game behavior after many continuous hours of play. Additional fixes will be included as well.

The team is currently working towards a global release of the 1.03 patch before the end of the month. We will try to provide more specific timing as soon as we are able.

We’re continuing to monitor popular communities and forums for feedback, in addition to the comments below, so please share any other issues or questions you may have.

Please note, online play will need to be disabled for a short period of time to facilitate server-side updates. In this case, and in the case of any future server maintenance downtime, it has been determined that starting at 9am GMT on a non-Friday weekday will disrupt the fewest players globally. We will target this time for any necessary future server maintenance downtime, which will only last a couple hours in each instance.

On behalf of the Bloodborne development team, thank you for your ongoing passion and support.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 16:38 
Hibernating Druid

Was kinda stuck for a bit but had an ace sesh earlier. Dash through a previously hnnnngn area opened up a new lantern.

Still a great feeling each time you get a little further or find something new.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:56 
Rude Belittler

Last night I rolled through Central Yharnham and the Cathedral Ward to stock up on vials. Also levelled up a couple of times, then attempted to complete Eileen's quest. Only about twenty attempts later... anyway, Hunter of Hunters, bitches!

Also levelled up again from accumulated blood echoes. Hmm, where next, Nightmare Frontier or Cainhurst Castle? Choices, choices.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:28 
8-Bit Champion

And last night for me was Snakes

And Snakes with Snakes
And people with Snakes
And snakes with snakes of snakes

They are not specifically a problem (and at one point i turned back to go to the last lantern as I was carrying enough echos to go up 2 levels and did not want to lose them) but it does mean I need to go snaking again tonight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:36 
Bad Girl

So I'm on NG+ and after getting my ass handed to me trying to find a way to make chain-gun guy passive (Seriously, how'd I get in behind him? I thought I had to be kidnapped and make my way by Paarl but I can't figure out a way to get kidnapped since that area doesn't open until after the Bloodstained Beast) I had a go at my second Chalice Dungeon.

It was pretty similar to the one I did before except now I am overpowered NG+ guy and the Chalice Dungeon's don't level up with the game. It was pretty unexciting to be fair, except I came across a boss fight with 3 guys. THREE FUCKING GUYS. And they were carrying some massive tools.

Amusingly though, I was able to kill them with a single charged R2. One shot apiece and they were dead.

The final guy needed two charged R2's.

My suggestion to anyone doing Bloodborne would be to have a go at these Chalice Dungeon's early on. There's a couple of reasons:

1) You get a load of tat from inside them.
2) The tat is helpful but only at the level your character should be entering them.
3) If you, like me, go in much later in the game then the tat you pick up is worthless until (presumably) you reach a dungeon more suited to your character level.

So there you go: Go early, get tat, help yourself in the main game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:39 
Bad Girl

zaphod79 wrote:
And last night for me was Snakes

And Snakes with Snakes
And people with Snakes
And snakes with snakes of snakes

They are not specifically a problem (and at one point i turned back to go to the last lantern as I was carrying enough echos to go up 2 levels and did not want to lose them) but it does mean I need to go snaking again tonight

I love that area. I was carrying enough echos to level up 10 times and it was the most frightening experience of the game: you get a bit farther, a bit farther, ok, you'll just keep going cause there's bound to be a lamp sooner or later, oh jesus, where's the lamp, SNAKE ORGY, I've fell down a hole, ARGH I CAN'T GET BACK, ALIENS, oh that wasn't too bad, DUFUQ IS STREAMING OUT YOUR HEAD, phew, DOUBLE SNAKE ORGY.

It was too much. Eventually I ran back like a pussy after I found the boss area.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 13:11 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
It was too much. Eventually I ran back like a pussy after I found the boss area.

I gave up before i got to the boss but i did have my 'mask' thing readied to go in case i stumbled into it by accident

Saturnalian wrote:
So I'm on NG+ and after getting my ass handed to me trying to find a way to make chain-gun guy passive (Seriously, how'd I get in behind him? I thought I had to be kidnapped and make my way by Paarl but I can't figure out a way to get kidnapped since that area doesn't open until after the Bloodstained Beast) I had a go at my second Chalice Dungeon.

The kidnappers do not appear until after you've done the BSB *but* you can just run past the chaingun guy and do the BSB then go back for him.

easy place to find a kidnapper after you've unlocked them

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Chapel - come out of the front door - take out the gravewalker guy behind the carriage and then walk ahead into that corner and there is one there - thats the one that got me straight after i'd done the BSB and I was really *not* at the right level for the jail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 13:55 
Bad Girl

I'm sure I read somewhere that if you appear in front of chain gun guy he'll get aggro and you can't tame him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 14:18 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
I'm sure I read somewhere that if you appear in front of chain gun guy he'll get aggro and you can't tame him.

Perhaps if you go back to hunters dream and return he will revert ?

Only way I can think of getting to him without him seeing you is to open up the other path and go 'round the back' to get there (so down to the town area / back up past the gunk squad2 and then up that little ladder)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 14:34 
Rude Belittler

to deal with Djura: go through Old Yharnham as per normal, dodge his gunfire, do not engage him, do not climb his tower. go kill BSB. Go to Cathedral Ward, get snatched, find Darkbeast Paarl. Engage the Darkbeast. Whether you kill him or not doesn't matter. Warp to BSB lamp. Rock through lower Old Yharnam, use the shortcut that brings you out right by his tower, go see him. Say Spare the Beasts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 14:37 
Rude Belittler

Do not attack any beasts in his line of sight on the second visit. The Wolves in the lower portion are fair game. It doesn't matter what you attack in your first visit as long as you don't mess with Djura.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 0:23 
Rude Belittler

Another day, another boss down. Amygdala is dead.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 22:13 
Rude Belittler

Another two bosses down, Logarius and The One Reborn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:13 
8-Bit Champion

And I've hit another brick wall - Rom

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
The area outside his fight is quite small so although i tried to call in help yesterday no-one answered my bell.

First time I fought him it hit him - took out all the little spiders that spawned - hit him again then he vanished and re-appeared miles away and kept hitting me with his cannon shots

Second time I ignored the little spiders and concentrated on him and got pummelled

I've had him down to maybe 1/2 health but its proving to be harder than the last few fights.

** edit **
Hmm - a strategy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNnCF8U6elY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 14:40 
Rude Belittler

Ah Rom. I thought the Hunter you fight immediately before is harder... anyway. Bolt damage. Bolt paper or Tonitrus. Rom and all the spiders (good name for a band) have high defence from the front. Kill all the spiders then attack the sides of the boss. The first time it is imperative to not damage Rom too much. If you manage to take more than 2/3rds damage before he teleport the first time, he skips a phase and appears with 2 lots of spiders. But yeah. Kill the spiders, charge attack Rom's flank, and watch out for his spells, wriggling.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 15:06 
8-Bit Champion

Pundabaya wrote:
Ah Rom. I thought the Hunter you fight immediately before is harder... anyway. Bolt damage. Bolt paper or Tonitrus. Rom and all the spiders (good name for a band) have high defence from the front. Kill all the spiders then attack the sides of the boss. The first time it is imperative to not damage Rom too much. If you manage to take more than 2/3rds damage before he teleport the first time, he skips a phase and appears with 2 lots of spiders. But yeah. Kill the spiders, charge attack Rom's flank, and watch out for his spells, wriggling.

Thanks for the tip

For the hunter I sorta cheated a little - i died a few times so the next one i triggered them , then went back to the 'start' with the lantern and alternated charge hitting them and jumping down the little wall to the level below - when they jumped down after me I ran back up to the lantern - charge hit them and then dropped back down.

The only issue was if they fired their spell in which case I ran as far away as possible

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 21:35 
Bad Girl

Somewhat hilariously I've hit the same brick wall with Rom as a boss of a Chalice Dungeon.

My tip tip tippity tip is this:

Fuck the spiders. Just charge him and keep charging him until he has carked it. I'm sure I've kept the video of my fight with him where I end up wit no vials and a slither of health.

Anyway, I always found those bloody spells from above were the worse fuckers. When you see him point his tail up - start running - and remember to point your camera upwards to get a look at them so you can dodge out the way. You MUST keep an eye on them; hell, it's not like you're going to run out of space in that place. Keep running at Rom dodging the spiders and chopping him up. Once he's got a few friends around you might want to go for a few hits and run unless you're absolutely sure no one is around so you can charge an R2, but some of the little bastards can jump from one side of his body to the other so you're never really that safe.

None of this works in the chalice dungeon however when you've got sod all space and a ton of the little bastard spiders doing that headbutt move on you. Hnnngh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 23:22 
8-Bit Champion

So i've given up on Rom for the night and will try that - i could clear out the first batch of spiders fine and then wailing on him and hitting him with the flamethrower knocked him to about 1/2 health but I could not clear out the small spiders the second time round

At one point i cleared the first spiders / had full health - whacked ROM so he vanished and before I could get close to him when he re-appeared i was dead from the air blasts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 0:49 
Rude Belittler

During the second and third phases he does tend to give a pelting, the trick is to keep on the move while spider killing, drop one or two, roll and sprint away. When he teleports you can still hit him until he's completely disappeared too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 23:28 
8-Bit Champion

Rom is no more - I eventually managed to take down the other waves of spiders and then it was just a case of getting in for a few solid hits then getting out the way for the various attacks - and the flamethrower really helped

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 22:30 
Rude Belittler

Yay! erm, might want to do some of the optional areas before Yahar'gul, that place is a bitch.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 22:44 
Bad Girl

I still haven't killed my Rom. He's a proper cunt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 23:42 
Bad Girl

This was my very stressful fight with Rom (in campaign). Such a lucky last hit...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:36 
8-Bit Champion

New patch is live :

Main points of UPDATE 1.03
- Reduced loading times (approx. 5-15 seconds; may vary by circumstance)
- Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
- Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
- Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multi-play
- When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play
This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
- Other various bug fixes

FULL patch is 2.7gb, but if you have day one patch, it's closer to 300mb

New load screen page:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 0:14 
Rude Belittler

Right, that's Upper Cathedral Ward done (both bosses). Only one place left to go.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 21:29 
Bad Girl

Things you might not know about Bloodborne:

1) The box cover is reversible.

That is all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 0:30 
Rude Belittler

Another boss down. That final area is freaking tough.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 0:36 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I'm playing this!

My character is, sadly, constantly dropping its arse.

Fortunately, lots of baddies are there to hand my arse to me.

Especially that fat fuck with the big cleaver. Cunt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 0:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I did manage to kill him though, and then thought I should have a go at putting a video of it online with the share button.

While I was doing the Google login dance something came along and killed me, because the game doesn't pause while you do that.

Cunt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Here's me dominating the fat man.

A particularly good killing strike, I think you'll agree.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:40 
Bad Girl

Right to the kneecap, well done. It doesn't look like you're using your dodge button though or maybe you just didn't want to, but remember it's a vital part of the game as you'll be needing it mucho mucho much.

(Excellent weapon choice, by the way. Choppy axe is good at chopping)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:59 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... in not being overfond of defensive tactics shocker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:06 
8-Bit Champion

Cras wrote:
Grim... in not being overfond of defensive tactics shocker.

In Bloodborne that does actually work as when you get hit you dont instantly lose the health there is a marker that shows where your health will go to - if you get in hits then that marker gets closer and closer to your original health point.

So for some enemies you get hit - you slash them up into little bits and have close to the same health you started with (without using a blood vial)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:16 
Rude Belittler

This is true. However it depends on the enemy. Some of the big hitters have combo attacks, can interrupt your attacks and stagger you. They hurt.

Dodging and parrying are very useful things to learn in the early game. The trick is to know when to go full offensive and when to wait for an opening.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:16 
Rude Belittler

Woops stupid phone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 13:54 
8-Bit Champion

Spoilers - maps of bloodborne show how everything fits together

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/29/feas ... borne-maps

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 16:59 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

How do you parry?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 17:08 
Rude Belittler

Shoot the gits just before they hit you. Then quickly press R1 and you'll do a 'visceral attack'.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 17:19 
8-Bit Champion

Grim... wrote:
How do you parry?

Pundabaya wrote:
Shoot the gits just before they hit you. Then quickly press R1 and you'll do a 'visceral attack'.

viewtopic.php?p=857422#p857422

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 17:28 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Oh, I knew that.

I thought he might do something fancy with his sword, too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 17:31 
8-Bit Champion

Grim... wrote:
I thought he might do something fancy with his sword, too.

Who needs a sword :-)

You can also 'stun' some characters but you need to power up your weapon (or switch to another) - Ludwig's blade (the sword that goes into the sheath to become an even bigger sword) is a good weapon for this as it will often stun bosses which you can then do the visceral attack' on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 21:39 
Bad Girl

It looked to me as though Grim... had stunned that fat man in that video.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 22:31 
Hibernating Druid

Oh, just accidentally finished it.

I know I've still a few bosses left but thought I'd have another crack at *you know who*.

Been playing for ages but kinda felt short somehow compared to Dark Souls.

Loved it, going back for more now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 23:43 
Rude Belittler

I've just done it too, credits are playing now... (with the creepy Mergo's Lullaby in the background)... but I did all the bosses. :nerd:

Three bosses in a row to finish it off.

First Fromsoft game I've completed. Bloody brilliant.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 0:17 
Hibernating Druid

Did you ever play Otogi on the Xbox? Superb in its day, wish they'd do an update.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 0:20 
Hibernating Druid

Wish I'd have tupped the bosses I'd discovered but hadn't gone back to. Due to avoiding teh spoilz I wasn't sure if the last battle was the end or not.

So weird having empty headstones again... Still the chalice rituals to play through too.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 20:22 
Rude Belittler

Saturnalian wrote:
Things you might not know about Bloodborne:

1) The box cover is reversible.

That is all.

2) If you leave it at the title screen you get an intro movie...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:31 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I got better at this* and have wandered around in the sewers and stuff, and even levelled up now I've worked out how to do it. It's rather fun.

The lamps seem to be a lot more sparse than the bonfires of DS, though.

* By which I mean, of course, I started again and chose someone who was fast and skillful rather than a walking tank, which shifts the game from "not a fucking hope" to "not that hard at all".

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:34 

I've not gone back to this. I'm playing CoD: Advanced Warfare instead now because I got bored of the lentils and wanted a big, greasy fry-up of a game, and by fuck it tastes good. Maybe I'll give it another go if my Catholic guilt kicks in at some point.

Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next