Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bloodborne - From Software - PS4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:03 

Yeah, all patched an up to date. It just froze on the loading screen when I was going back to the hunter's dream. Then when I force quit the thing by holding down the PS button it asked if I wanted to report and error with some code or other. To be honest it only really boiled my piss so much because I had made good progress and feared that I'd lost it all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:49 
Hibernating Druid

I've got the Kirk Hammet.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 13:30 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Spoilers (and glitches) - but Bloodborne beaten in 44 minutes

http://kotaku.com/how-people-are-beatin ... 1694568117

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 15:40 
8-Bit Champion

'accolades' trailer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 20:58 
Bad Girl

Holy shit, I'm shaking after that fight with the saggy dog boss. He's fucked me up so many times and I couldn't even get any co-op help. I was going to turn it off but DAYYUM I somehow managed it. That was the fight of my life right there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 21:45 
Hibernating Druid

Deborah Meaden?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 22:28 
Rude Belittler

I've made the trip through the sewers, met Miss Piggy's big brother, and unlocked the shortcut. Next up, finding the next boss, and getting my ass kicked by him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 22:51 
8-Bit Champion

Pundabaya wrote:
I've made the trip through the sewers, met Miss Piggy's big brother, and unlocked the shortcut. Next up, finding the next boss, and getting my ass kicked by him.

Same for me - and finally !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 23:45 
Bad Girl

Well done. The second is a bit harder but you can protect yourself better using the environment.

Here's my video of my third boss kill.

At the start of the vid (and a failed attempt at the boss) I appear to be scratching my arse a lot since I'm trying to ring that fucking bell for some co-op assistance but no fucker is coming. Interestingly (to me) when I restart I ring the bell and this activates a fog gate I can't go through ... it's as if someone is trying to join ... then the fog gate disappears!? I reckon there's something wrong here. It's a failed attempt to connect but then the game just gives up trying and although it's pretending to tell you that it's still waiting for someone to join, no one will ever come. I'm guessing server issues or a patch is needed. It's a bit disappointing that the co-op system ain't working properly.

If anyone wants to co-op, let me know! I wanna co-op with you! Go into system and select password and let's make a password together. What about "beex" I can't imagine that's a popular word. Then, if anyone is online and looking to co-op you might get a beexer!

Or we could answer these questions: Who's in? When we playing?

Anyway, that third boss? What a cunt. Check him out around 12 mins. I'm a fraction away from death a few times. Lord knows how I'm still alive. Bring antidote for the poison cause if you get to that stage of the fight you'll need it.

Protip: He's super aggressive. Every time I had a go I always, always cowered away. You've GOT to be aggressive yourself here. Dodge straight in when he's coming at you, smack him and dodge out. I messed it up due to crazy nerves when I got his energy right down but if you've got that mindset to dive in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 0:36 
Rude Belittler

Right, I've had a look at how the co-op mechanic is supposed to work...

You trigger the Beckoning Bell. This opens you up to being joined. It stays active until you die, or transition to the Hunter's Dream, or a few other situations when you get forcibly teleported for story reasons. Basically, when you hit the Loading Screen of Doom(tm) the effect ends. It only summons when the level boss is still alive. (I assume this means the progression boss, so our old friend, the Cleric Beast can be dead, as it is (believe it or not) entirely optional).

To join a co-op game, you need to activate the Small Resonant bell. You get this from the upper bird bath messenger in the Hunter's Dream, the one that's outside the window. You can only use that with 10 Insight, and the items cost you insight. (this is also where you get the Sinister Resonant Bell that does the PVP thing). If you kill the boss, the session ends, if you die, you get chucked back to your own game.

To end the session, you use the Silencing Blank.

Certain areas 'cloud' the Beckoning Bell, Boss arenas, for example. Once you're in, no one will join. You have to be in roughly the same area for the thing to work too.

Using the Beckoning Bell may cause a 'Chime Maiden' to spawn. Because From are bastards. A Chime Maiden will summon enemy players to come and invade your shit. If you kill her before she summons, it doesn't work. You can't be invaded while in the Boss Arena though. Chime Maidens do spawn naturally in some areas so... yeah, From are bastards.

Oh, and apparently, if you try to Co-op with someone from a rival covenant, it becomes an invasion.

There is talk that theres a bug where if you use Rest Mode/the suspend function thingy it buggers up summoning.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 23:56 
8-Bit Champion

Well i did the pig and the other stuff - found the next boss - and died - so went back and then realised i had cleared / opened everything up and it really was just the boss i could go to next.

As he had beaten me very easily (even though i had 'the item') i burned another point and tried to summon someone in.

Nothing happened so rather than go in and face him again I thought i would see how much of the whole area I could clear out and then someone actually joined my game (maybe about 8 - 10 minutes after i'd rung the bell) - I went with them to the boss and with their help I took him down - and opened up the next area !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 18:57 
Hibernating Druid

That's where I'm at. Had some 'help' but they died before me! Got scuppered again so I've levelled myself up a bit... now there's no online available to ding dong some help in. I'll try again later, either solo or online if it's back up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 19:06 
Bad Girl

I used the big tomb in the back right of the arena and just worked on him around that; waiting around the corners and boshing him with a charged R2 attack. Gets a bit hairy when he transforms but the same tactic worked (eventually).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 20:05 
Hibernating Druid

I can get him to transform every time then he just jumps on my face and I panic. I'll have another crack later, beefed myself up a bit more now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 20:14 
Hibernating Druid

What weapon did everyone go for at the start? I went for the Saw Cleaver. Then found the Saw Spear, and bought the Kirk Hanmet (nice special move with that, at the loss of pistol shot). Oh yeah, went for pistol over the blunderbuss too. Not bothered with the twin shot pistol available from the bath buddy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 21:07 
8-Bit Champion

For starting i went with cleaver and blunderbuss - found the saw spear / bought the kirkhammer and have just bought the cane and axe (now they are available) - I seem to get on best with the cleaver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 22:05 
Bad Girl

I'm a cleaver and blunderbuss guy as well. I played with the hammer, the lightning rod and the rifle blade ones for a while but I always go back to the cleaver and two hand it.

I've had a crack at one of the chalice dungeons now. Pretty good it was too but outside of picking up a few items in not really sure what it's about. My insight has gone past 10 now and I've unlocked the pool in the hunters dream and purchased the other bells so if anyone wants to co-op give us a shout!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 22:37 
UltraMod

I haven't quite given up on this yet, but I really don't think it's for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 23:06 
Rude Belittler

Done Gascoigne, with the help of a dude with Kirkhammer who smashed him to bits. Wandered round the Cathedral Ward for a bit. I didn't mess with that big dude.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 0:24 
Hibernating Druid

Called for help and between us we battered Bamber Gascoign with hammers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 0:26 
Hibernating Druid

Oooh! Went back to Central yarnham and coughing window man gave me Flamesprayer!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:40 
Hibernating Druid

Had a lovely stretch of the legs tonight, into Old Yarnham now. Fucking great this game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:11 
Bad Girl

I'm saying away from walkthroughs and the like as much as possible so when cool stuff happens...

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
...like after killing the vicar and then finally going back to try the outdoors bit, you find the land completely drained of all its colour (and it was quite colourful) and even more beasts appear...

... you love the game even more.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:01 
Bad Girl

Minor guess spoiler -

I think it might be beneficial to first explore the nice bright colourful area when you find it before tackling the previous boss. The people in the window are just beasts. Maybe they wouldn't be if I hadn't made the world dark.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 16:25 
Hibernating Druid

Hnnnnnnngh! Nearly had the Blood Starved Beast on my first crack! Bumbled about getting my antidote on rather than adding it to a quick dpad item.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 16:30 
Hibernating Druid

Not used any other weapon since upgrading my Kirk Hammet, managed to one hit kill a couple of the big wolves with it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 18:58 
Bad Girl

I'm utterly lost in the forest and can't find a lamp for love nor money. It's facking horrible in here.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 19:47 
Bad Girl

I've done two bosses on my first attempt. Either this is getting easier (it ain't) or I'm getting awesomer (I aint).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 19:57 
Hibernating Druid

Saturnalian wrote:
I'm utterly lost in the forest and can't find a lamp for love nor money. It's facking horrible in here.

You have the 2000 bloods small lamp from the Hunters Dream shop?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 19:57 
Hibernating Druid

I love this game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 20:30 
Bad Girl

Zardoz wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:

You have the 2000 bloods small lamp from the Hunters Dream shop?

Ages ago. I ain't no chump running round in the dark, although you get better light out the flaming torches.

Anyway, I was looking for a lamp in the forest and if there is one it's very well hidden in this maze of trees and facking snakes and snake headed snake monsters with snakes in their mouths and hands made of snakes. Bloody snakes.

I've been in so many awesome areas though. The graphics are facking top draw and smooth as silky smooth ("Give us silky, give us smooth" - some twat in a tree). I reckon the graphics guys at FROM have been working overtime here with the art which is so varied and numerous. The amount of crap you can break just because you can break it is acebest.

Plus, when you start to get out of the city you start to get those Dark Souls 1 moments, where you see somewhere where you've been and look into the distance and see somewhere where you are probably going to be after a few arduous hours; but then the route is never straightforward and it's down a windy round, up a hill and round several corners and a few shortcuts and many many deaths and you're there. And it's awesome. My only criticism is that the architecture is so complex that sometimes it's difficult to tell where it is that you were. There's a cool section in the forest when there's a Moonlight Butterfly moment (not the boss, that area, y'know when you loop down into that cavern where the hydra is sploshing about and you look up at the castle on your right) but this time you look down to see a building in the distance in the forest and dotted in the forest are tiny campfire that twinkle every so slightly; the wind howling from so high up. I thought it was too far away to be the actual map but, blow me, if you don't cross through all those campfires on the way to the building. It's super fab.

It's better than Dark Souls 2 by a mile but even now I want to get DS2 on PS4 and see if I can two-hand my way through it. I might stop my endless pursuit to just be a tank and not bother putting on all the heaviest defensive gear and get the biggest sturdiest shield I can lay my hands on.

That's how good Bloodborne is. It makes me think I can be better at Dark Souls if I change my playing style.

Weird that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 22:34 
Rude Belittler

Today, I took a wander round Central Yarnham, did some jolly co-operation (Father Gascoigne isn't very hard when its 3 against one) and made my way to Old Yarnham. And was doing quite well, until I got cut to bits by that guy with his fucking machine gun.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 0:02 
Hibernating Druid

He's a twat. Looking forward to killing him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:32 
8-Bit Champion

Snap - i'm in the same area - i have unlocked the 'shortcut' and went to where i think i will be going afterwards (basically just past this viewtopic.php?p=856920#p856920 ) however i still need to take him down

On the plus side i'm getting better at dispatching the grunts from this area

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 13:12 
8-Bit Champion

This was my typical run

But after many many failed attempts this happened

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 13:36 
Bad Girl

Hah! Genius!

Out of interest, was that you speed running to the boss? Do you normally clear everyone out on the way? I'm just asking cause when I've had enough of getting mashed up I'll do a properly leg it to the boss which, from DS1, is a legitimate tactic otherwise frustration sometimes sets in after multiple deaths.

There's a quicker route to the boss by just dropping off the front of the first building by the way but it's normally only worth it once you've cleared out the hunter.

Also, in the same area did you find the route underneath to find the rifle gun where the gank squad is?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 13:44 
Bad Girl

THING I JUST STUMBLED ON: See what happens when you do a gesture in front of the doll.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 13:45 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
Hah! Genius!

Out of interest, was that you speed running to the boss? Do you normally clear everyone out on the way? I'm just asking cause when I've had enough of getting mashed up I'll do a properly leg it to the boss which, from DS1, is a legitimate tactic otherwise frustration sometimes sets in after multiple deaths.

There's a quicker route to the boss by just dropping off the front of the first building by the way but it's normally only worth it once you've cleared out the hunter.

Also, in the same area did you find the route underneath to find the rifle gun where the gank squad is?

I did not go the full route each time because i worked out i was getting around 2000 echos each time and picking them up with the boss so 3 goes would get me a level

Have not found a rifle (although i think i've cleared everything here apart from the boss?)

Later i was just running past virtually everyone to get there (you'll see i only have 500 echos in the 'beat him' video)

And from there i went along to the edge of the other route which was the very next boss and got them to this

Attachment:
11080816_10206484867305498_2705000334232690815_o.jpg

before they finally got me - i think i will them them next go

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 14:02 
Rude Belittler

You don't need to kill that hunter guy with the machine gun, btw. In fact you can make him friendly later on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 14:03 
Bad Girl

I've done you a quick video showing the fast route and the secret area with the gank squad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 14:42 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
I've done you a quick video showing the fast route and the secret area with the gank squad.

Thanks - i've been to the area above (with the other hunter) but he was too hard to take down while being shot at - for the gank stuff i thought you were meaning the big area below where they all gather around the pool of blood (maybe 20 in total?)

Here is my run in with the first gank squad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 14:46 
Bad Girl

Oh yeah, the second gank squad. They tend to move up slowly in pairs though whereas the guys on the staircase all bumrush you.

Oh, and make sure you go back up where the hunter fell off the roof to collect his loot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 14:51 
8-Bit Champion

I also went back to the starting area to farm some bullets - and if you had shown me someone doing this last week when these things were kicking me stupid every round i'd have said it was witchcraft

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 15:05 
Bad Girl

When I'd done absolutely everything I could and couldn't find out where I was meant to go next i blazed through the entire first section, the sewers and the cathedral like it was nothing. The sense of empowerment is crazy (like starting next game plus on DS1). I even managed to stumble across two hunters fighting that weren't there the first time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 23:24 
8-Bit Champion

Right next stuff in spoilers

A few tries on the bloodbeast but could not take him down so rung the bell and got help , after that i knew i had to go back to the church so went there and spotted a new baddie i'd not seen - a few smacks and he's losing health really slowly but so what - then smack and i'm dead

But i'm not 'dead back at the lantern' - i'm dead and in jail

Dead and in jail and most paths seem to lead to another of those big f*ckers who take me down in 2 hits

A *lot* of faffing about and i eventually find the lantern to escape and go the right way this time - have not went to the boss fight but found the forest (and turned back) and found multiple hunters the other way (took the first down then retreated from the second so i know where my next moves are)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 0:42 
Rude Belittler

Finding progress through Old Yharnham slow, but I have upgraded my weapons to +2, levelled up to 26 and slotted some gems.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:09 
Hibernating Druid

Re the spoilers. Happened to me tonight! This game is getting better and better. Really don't want to read up and spoil anything as the surprises are excellent in this game.

The whole chalice / dungeon thing is a whole other new aspect too. Got battered by a big bugger after finally getting what I though was the exit open :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:24 
Hibernating Druid

Really like how the game is opening up now. From have done a fantastic job again with their shortcuts in the levels.

You all know how to access the 'insight font' at the Hunters Dream?
Just have your insight at 10 or above.

Also saw the inhabitants of the Stump make an appearance last night too :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 13:56 
Bad Girl

Fuck those village wolf guys with the big comb.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 16:15 
Hibernating Druid

This game is mayors ive! Mega do this afternoon exploring the Cathedral Ward. Tupped the Vicar with the help of two dongers.

Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next