EvE Online
Internet spaceships
Craster wrote:
I'm fairly sure the API is character info only.
I think I read that. On the other hand I don't imagine the site owner typed all that in either! He must have gotten some sort of bulk export from somewhere.
richardgaywood wrote:
Craster wrote:
I think I read that. On the other hand I don't imagine the site owner typed all that in either! He must have gotten some sort of bulk export from somewhere.

You underestimate the power of the EVE nerd.
I have vague recollections of Lonetrek being rubbish for ore. Also, stay away from Mara!
Craster wrote:

And less than a year old.
AceAceBaby wrote:
I have vague recollections of Lonetrek being rubbish for ore. Also, stay away from Mara!

Mara is a hotbed of fighting. There is a reason I have 28 safe spots in that system.

Also, when in a frigate, don't forget that you can get under bigger ships guns by orbiting very close as this keeps your transversal velocity up high, so the bigger guns can't track your ship so can't hit you.
Grim...'s an evil pirate :)

I might be back in game in 2 weeks.

Time to brush up on some changes.

Also, can someone tell me what the Amarr and Gallente HACS and Recons are going for nowadays?

Thanks.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
<snip>

:DD
5 drones. The don't take kindly to people attacking their daddy.
I delivered my first run of BeeXCorp ammo, 10k rounds Uranium (Hybrid) Charge S and 3k rounds Widowmaker Heavy Missile, to the corp hanger (Division IV).

Edit -- forgot to add, looking at the price I could have sold the raw materials for, I think I broke even on the Hybrid Charges and doubled my money on the missiles. These numbers will improve as I skill up.

Sheepeh, if you are willing, I think if you give me Factory Manager and Rent Factory Slot corp permissions I can queue workshop jobs to take stock straight from the BeeX hanger and place goods straight back into it again, which seems quite neat.
Price checks on:

Arazu (Gal. Recon)
Lachesis (Gal Recon)
Pilgrim (Amarr Recon)
Curse (Amarr Recon)
Deimos (Gal HAC)
Ishtar (Gal HAC)
Zealot (Amarr HAC)

Thanks. :)
MaliA wrote:
Price checks on:

Arazu (Gal. Recon)
Lachesis (Gal Recon)
Pilgrim (Amarr Recon)
Curse (Amarr Recon)
Deimos (Gal HAC)
Ishtar (Gal HAC)
Zealot (Amarr HAC)

In order, Buy / Sell, Lonetrek Region
89,000,000 / 70,000,000
49,000,000 / 25,000,000
67,000,000 / 55,000,000
74,000,000 / 50,000,000
87,000,000 / 79,000,000
80,000,000 / 65,500,000
88,000,000 / 70,000,000
I think some HACs may be cheaper after the speed changes go through, from the discussions/angst I've read.
"Skill at flying Gallente Industrial ships. Cannot be trained on Trial Accounts."

>:(
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Oh well, I needed a new ship anyway. I still have over a day until I get cybernetics IV though, and can do a johnny pnemonic on my own arse and expand my brain with +4's in every slot. I should be able to afford them all by then.

Gaywood, do what I did, PAY THE MAN. I subbed for 3 months in advance, I'll either become hopelessly hooked or my desire will peter out.

I have +2s. In a jump clone in 0.0.

PvP clone has hardwirings for the different ships.

Looking at recon prices, seems BC or Cruiser is good bet still for shootyness.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Talk to us about hardwirings MaliA, do they really make much odds? The majority I've found cost at least 10m and offer something like a '3% increase in locking speed' and similar. Is that really worth it?

Also, tell me about getting matching faction implants and why this is better than getting others. There's a multiplier if you have them all?

I don't know too much about the faction implants, but I do believe there is a multiplier bonus.

I often used the hardwirings for armour amount and summat to do with lasers depending on the clone i was using and the ship.

http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/view ... hp?t=13529

Is good guide to them.

EDIT: I only ever used the cheaper hardwirings though. The 3% here and ther does make a difference, as it the equivalent of an extra skill level in most things, and often the small %ages got me out of more trouble that I care to remember. I ustilised them in the same way as mods for a ship.

EDIT Again: The reason I really wish to emphasise I guess, is that those little percentages, do add up overall. Even a ROF increase will mean more dmage over the same time, and, for example, an armor repairer with a shorter duration will fix more in the same time so it's all good. In my experience, it's a shorter armor rep cycle, with an increased amount which has saved me from expolding (eg, when I was fighting a Ferox (I think) in my Vexor, he was really giving me a big kicking, but eventually, a combination of the repper and some luck saved me and doomed him) and that extra %age for a few millions is worth it. In a PVE environment, though, I dunno, as I've only ever done a small handful of missions.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Gaywood, do what I did, PAY THE MAN. I subbed for 3 months in advance, I'll either become hopelessly hooked or my desire will peter out.
Is a $35 60-day code the right purchase? I can't find any 90-day codes anywhere. Where was yours from. Also, I presume paying CCP direct is a mug's game?
richardgaywood wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Is a $35 60-day code the right purchase? I can't find any 90-day codes anywhere. Where was yours from. Also, I presume paying CCP direct is a mug's game?

buy the 35 dollar 60 day code, I guess. Buying in dollars is betterer i think, and still is.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Oh well, I needed a new ship anyway. I still have over a day until I get cybernetics IV though, and can do a johnny pnemonic on my own arse and expand my brain with +4's in every slot. I should be able to afford them all by then.

Er... Are you sure you know how much they cost?
About 13-17m each for the +4s, yep. +5 are about 70m each.
You'll have the 90,000,000ISK you need for all six tomorrow?
Or did I miss something?
ComicalGnomes wrote:
I don't wish to excite anyone but I'm about to close a deal that'll make me 20m in profit.

I am actually shaking, so frantic was I to get to the item before someone else did. My nerves are as shot to pieces as my merlin was last night.

Fuck me, everyone is richer than me in EvE.

If you think that makes you shake, get into Pee Vee PEE and go pirate. I've almost got the contacts ready for you, if you ever fancy it.
Just while I think about it, it's prolly not the best idea to go "I roll with +4s" as this makes you a target for a comedy podding.

EDIT: Also, your pod will be ransomed at a set of full +4s now as people know what it is worth.

EDIT ": It sounds liek a threat, reading that back, but it isn'tn and you should be OK, and don't worry.
Squirrell

Attributes
Intelligence: 18.70
Perception: 26.40
Charisma: 22.00
Willpower: 26.40
Memory: 18.70

:p
Doctor Glyndwr

Charisma 6.36
Intelligence 13.78
Perception 9.54
Memory 16.96
Willpower 9.54

:(
Hahaha "Thicky" Gaywood!
Grim... wrote:
Hahaha "Thicky" Gaywood who's only been playing the game for a week is less good than the character that took me thousands of man-hours to build!
Obsessed-FTFY.
richardgaywood wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr
Charisma 6.36

No wonder I think you're a cunt.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
richardgaywood wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr
Charisma 6.36

No wonder I think you're a cunt.
ALSO IN THE GAME TOO HAHAH
Low perception is bad I think, given the volume of (and high ranks of) skills that need it in gunnery and such. I should know, I have it. Corpmates who started the same time as me have 10m more SPs.

CG, you haven't met the suicide kestrel gank squads of high sec.
AceAceBaby wrote:
Low perception is bad I think, given the volume of (and high ranks of) skills that need it in gunnery and such. I should know, I have it. Corpmates who started the same time as me have 10m more SPs.

It'd have to be a squad, because anything better than a frigate could surely tank them until Concord shows up?
ComicalGnomes wrote:
AceAceBaby wrote:

It'd have to be a squad, because anything better than a frigate could surely tank them until Concord shows up?

Tell that to five little drones.
I said better than a frigate, y'bloody team killer.
Tell that to five little drones.
AceAceBaby wrote:
Low perception is bad I think, given the volume of (and high ranks of) skills that need it in gunnery and such.
Not for carebears like me. I've done the numbers though, and if I ever want to dabble in PVP I'd probably be better off with an alt.
Intelligence and Perception, then I think. It's all to do with skill ranks. A rank 8 skill can take two months to train to level 5 I think. Some stats are used a lot more than others, like charisma is the red headed stepchild of the skill requirements.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
I remain vaguely dedicated to having a highly powered all-rounder, because I might as well. It would bug me to be doubleplus good at some things and entirely incapable at others.

I'm quite happy at being shit at mining. Also, high sec ganks aren't as common as people think, so you should be ok.
EvE stories, please, make me resub...
Page 7 of 24 [ 1153 posts ]